Aberration Goes Ker Bloom! - Perpetual

Re: Aberration Goes ker Bloom! - 2009

I sure wish you lived in Illinois ,,Next to me ,,, Keep up the good work ,, Post the pictures ,, Thanks

I sure wish you lived in Illinois ,,Next to me ,,, Keep up the good work ,, Post the pictures ,, Thanks

Hehe. Not sure if I want to move to Illinois, but you are welcome to come to Oregon. Thanks, I'll try to get some pictures up here tonight. If I could just find any of the cameras...

Code:
--> MTO2:
1. Fed: 1-1/4 gal
   Per gal:
	 2  t  Pure Blend Pro Grow
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Brought up with Bioactive to 900 ppm
   Brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.37 @ 21.7 C
	1/2 t  Companion

--> KK1, MTO3, OC6, OC7, MTN3:
1. Fed: 3/4 gal ea.
   Per gal:
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Brought up with Bioactive to 900 ppm
   Brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.27 @ 21.5 C
	1/2 t  Companion

I'm taking 5 cuttings from an OC. I wanted to hit them with Azatrol, but I just realized I have almost none to use. $100+ / bottle, too. :|

:peace:

Yeah, I got 6 cuttings from OC6. I went to the grow shop and picked up a pint of Azatrol today, and I gave them the treatment. I also removed a lot of sucker branches, and they are pretty much ready to finish staking up/out.

I'm thinking that MTO2 is sucking down the water so fast because it's probably rootbound in this pot. I'm going to try to get my hands on some soilless mix and put it in a bigger pot ASAP. If I don't, I'll probably be struggling to provide enough N later.

Code:
--> MTO2:
1. Water: 1/2 gal
   Brought down with golden amber to pH 6.34 @ 21.2 C

--> All:
1. Fog for spider mites; in hot water:
   Per gal:
	 4  t  Azatrol
	 1 oz. yucca
pH 6.27 @ 35.5 C

Brought in three new strains. :cheesygrinsmiley:

One is Purple Sage (PS). I have not grown it, but it is a known quantity to me. It is a cross between a S.A.G.E. clone that is well loved, and a Potent Purple that hermied and made pollen. The Potent Purple was not liked generally, and it was discarded after a couple runs. However, the cross between it and the SAGE turned out to be a good match. It tastes like SAGE, but spicier and with an oily quality. The SAGE could make your throat sore if you smoked too much, but the Purple Sage is a lovely smoke, enjoyable to inhale and exhale. Nice daytime high. Smiley bud if I remember correctly - always puts me in a good mood. Easy on the throat and lungs.

In other words, bud you can smoke all day. Not because you aren't high enough (you are), but because it's such a joy to smoke. I like it and I'm honored to be given one. He holds it close and doesn't want it distributed.

Second is Blue Dream (BD). BD is Blueberry x Haze, and is supposed to be up high with good pain reduction. Sounds good to me.

The third is currently marked as TBD (to be determined) and it is reportedly either Big Bud x Blue Magoo or God Bud x G13. The donor says he'll be able to tell me which - definitively - later on. He is the worst at keeping track.

The PS was hit with Azatrol before she was given to me. She is in a 1 gallon bag. She is only 3-1/2" tall. She can get the same muted feeding the mommas get. BD and TBD were only rooted in plugs, so I transplanted both into 4"x4" pots with myco on the roots. I watered them in with plain spring water. I checked them very carefully and I see no signs of pests. This is good because they are too young and delicate to get Azatrol this round. Maybe next time. Because PS will get fed in the mother rotation tonight, I just splashed her a bit of spring water to keep her roots moist for now.

SS855590-newlings.JPG

While we are at the pictures, here are some more. SchB is healthy:

SS855591-schb.JPG

ORTW is opening out into a big flat mother. I love her:

SS855593-ortw.JPG

CryLo is doing great. Internodal length is short and the new foliage is 2-3 times the size of the what was there. She's going to be alright, I think:

SS855595-crylo.JPG

And I know - I neglected to post clone pics. I always try to make good on my promises. Here you go. 10 x KK1, 10 x MTO3, 10 x MTN3, and 6 x OC6:

SS855599-cuttings.JPG

Here's the cloner with the dome on it. Pretty primitive. I should at least get the tray off of the floor:

SS855603-cloning-station.JPG

I believe it will work though. They are in pre-treated peat plugs. It's like foam rubber almost. I just keep them moist but not wet, if that makes sense. Some will likely die, but plenty will survive, since I only need about 12.

Also, I was just looking at that picture, and I realized there is a 1/4 lb of pot in the bag in that blue container. I totally forgot about that. What a stoner. :bongrip:

Code:
--> MTO2:
   Per gal:
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Brought up with Bioactive to 940 ppm
   Brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.37 @ 21.0 C
	1/2 t  Companion

Per gal:
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Brought up with Bioactive to 940 ppm
   Brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.26 @ 21.3 C
	1/2 t  Companion

--> ORTW, CryLo, SchB:
1. Fed to saturation
   Per gal:
	 1  t  Pure Blend Pro Grow
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Diluted to 480 ppm
   Brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.27 @ 17.4 C
	1/2 t  Companion

wow all look great man keep up the goo dwork and the new strains

Thanks. I hope to find them enjoyable.

:) nice plants you got there wegging!:D wuah! any updates from flowering room?:D
there is allways super pics from you...

Thank you. I figure people like pics and I could use the practice.

I am still in awe of ur organizational skills. Still lookin good. So how many strains are u running total? What is ur min flower time (for the earliest flowering strain) and max flowering time (for latest flowering strain).

Thanks, I make a lot of lists. ;) I guess I have 8 or 9 strains at the moment:

Orange Cream
SchnazzleBerry
Oregon Trainwreck
Crystal Locomotive
Purple Sage
Blue Dream
Matanuskan Thunderfuck (2 phenos)
and 2 more that are as yet uncertain

At least one of those is a 55-60 day, don't remember which. The OC is 75 day. I took the real Kaia Kush to 90 days, and the Lavender was 'done, dude' at 45 days, but I don't actually have either at the moment.

Those two were what I was after yesterday when I got new plants. No luck though. :(

I should really move on from the OC, but it puts out the weight. It can easily compensate for lesser producers. We think both Matty phenos are probably the same thing. I have personally grown none of the others in that list.

It's kind of random because I get random selections from a much larger and more diverse source garden. He had well over 20 strains at one time, but he is slimming down. I need to grab some that I want before he lets them go.

AM:
Code:
--> MTO2:
1. Water: 1/2 gal
   Brought down with golden amber to pH 6.33 @ 18.9 C
PM:
Code:
--> MTO2:
   Per gal:
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Brought up with Bioactive to 810 ppm
   Brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.38 @ 20.2 C
	1/2 t  Companion

Per gal:
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Brought up with Bioactive to 810 ppm
   Brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.23 @ 20.1 C
	1/2 t  Companion

Code:
--> MTO2:
   Per gal:
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Natural @ 825 ppm
   Brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.28 @ 21.4 C
	1/2 t  Companion

Per gal:
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Natural @ 825 ppm
   Brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.23 @ 21.2 C
	1/2 t  Companion
Code:
--> ORTW, CryLo, SchB, PS:
1. Fed to saturation
   Per gal:
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Diluted to 400 ppm
   Brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.23 @ 21.1 C
	1/2 t  Companion

--> BD, TBD:
1. Fed to saturation
   Per gal:
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Diluted to 250 ppm
   Brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.24 @ 21.1 C
	1/2 t  Companion

There are a few points to notice in what I did.

I kept the 'bloom room' (still vegging tho) ppm back at 825 instead of the usual 900. They were looking stressed, and appear suddenly happier after their previous lighter feeding.

I observed that even after the increased morning ration, none of them had any runoff again tonight. Since I feel it's better to concentrate the volume at one feed (their morning, my evening) I guess I better start feeding them more in the PM (mine). :crosseyed: Hope I didn't lose anyone there. I'm kinda stoned. Is that the better choice here?

All the little ones that are in the 'veg' room (ORTW, CryLo, SchB, PS, BD, TBD) are looking very healthy, just as when last pictured. So the two pluglings (BD, TBD) are getting a dilute feed now. The rest, including the new little PS, are getting a nice easy 400 ppm. They are doing fine there and don't need to be pushed.

They are all looking so good. I have some big girl pictures. MTO2 is looking comfortable and healthy now that I have stepped up the water volume. Here's a shot looking into the room:

SS855607-thru-door.JPG

The two fans in there are at the center of adjacent walls. One blows high, one blows low. Here's a decent pano of that. My back is to the plants in the room. And yes, that is 420magazine.com on the monitor in the other room:

SS855675-wind-sister.JPG

Here's MTO2, looking quite good and ready to go:

SS855607-mto2.JPG

Here's an odd downward shot. The girl at the bottom-center is KK1:

SS855607-kk1.JPG

Here's a partial panoramic of the big girls:

SS855675-plant-pano.JPG

The distortion in that pic bothers me though. I like this one better:

SS855675-nice-pic.JPG

Go for it!

I'm pretty sure I should just flip the room as-is, right now. I can add stakes afterward. I'm going to think on it some. Any opinions?

Flip it. I'm thinking headroom. These girls are plenty tall (looking) to begin flower. Don't want them to tall (I'm assuming).I'd stake them b4 flipping so that any damage to the root system can be given a chance to recover b4 going into flower. I've learned not to send most plants into flower stressed.
I had a question. I noticed in one of ur pics that there was a blue light on the foliage of a couple plants as well as the ground. May be I missed something but it looks like ur running HPS' out of the 3 hoods. Is the blue comming from MH, UV, or a camera flash? I also wanted to know if the schnazzleberry's growth pattern was genetic or manipulated/influenced. I like the what appears to be etxremely tight internode spacing. With tight internodes and the number of plants in ur space do u have any problem tending to or monitoring this strain? Again looking good.

Re: Go for it!

Flip it. I'm thinking headroom. These girls are plenty tall (looking) to begin flower. Don't want them to tall (I'm assuming).I'd stake them b4 flipping so that any damage to the root system can be given a chance to recover b4 going into flower. I've learned not to send most plants into flower stressed.

I'm thinking the same thing. I took some measurements and did some math last night. Even with a 9' ceiling, the lights cannot be hung so that the glass is really any less that 18" from the ceiling, and the plants should be at least 18" below that, which means the tops have to stop at 6'. They are at 4' now. Zoinks! They very well may go into bloom cycle tonight.

I had a question. I noticed in one of ur pics that there was a blue light on the foliage of a couple plants as well as the ground. May be I missed something but it looks like ur running HPS' out of the 3 hoods. Is the blue comming from MH, UV, or a camera flash?

That is a 600W MH in the center(-ish) hood. The color is noticeable isn't it?

I also wanted to know if the schnazzleberry's growth pattern was genetic or manipulated/influenced. I like the what appears to be etxremely tight internode spacing. With tight internodes and the number of plants in ur space do u have any problem tending to or monitoring this strain? Again looking good.

I don't know. I've never grown it before. This is the first specimen I've seen. It is branching, but they are all very short, and the huge fan leaves totally shade out the branches they feed. I'm trying to tuck the leaves out of the way so the tips get direct light, and she seems to be responding. Only time will tell.

I just realized that I forgot to give them their morning ration, so I gave MTO2 about a half-gallon of spring water, right out of the jug. I panicked, lol.

600w mh

That is a 600W MH in the center(-ish) hood. The color is noticeable isn't it?

Noticeable, but to me the HPS lighting is so dominant that it looks as if its possible for it to have been from using a flash. Or I was wondering had u thrown in a UV type light like Munki used? Wasn't really sure, so I asked.

No problem. :)

Code:
--> MTO2:
1. Fed: 1-1/2 gal
   Per gal:
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Natural @ 840 ppm
   Brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.30 @ 21.4 C
	1/2 t  Companion

1. Fed: 1 gal ea.
   Per gal:
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1 oz. Yucca
   Brought up with PBP to 820 ppm
   Brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.22 @ 20.9 C
	1/2 t  Companion

So... I decided to throw them into bloom. I don't do the 'long night' to shock them into bloom. I just reset the OFF time on the lights. It was ON at 7pm, OFF at 4pm, for a 21/3 cycle in bloom. I moved the OFF to 7am, so their first inclination something has changed will be when it gets dark at 7am tomorrow - 9 hours early. From that point it is 12/12, ON at night.

---

For those who are not familiar with where we are in this thread, I have 6 plants going into bloom: 3 Matanuskan, 2 Orange Cream, and KK1, which is currently an unknown strain. They are in a sealed 9'9'9' space. There is AC, heat, and a dehumidifier in there and I seem to have them well balanced. The ranges over the last 24hrs were 74-77F, 41-53% r.h. There are 3 600W HPS and 1 600W MH (central-ish-ly located), all ducted hoods. The AC is a 25,000 btu unit. I grow in a hybrid mostly-soil-less medium in 10 gal pots (except one OC). I feed 100% organically. I tend to run them long and I love to smoke doobies.

---

I also cracked the CO2 tank. As before, I set the controller to 1800 ppm, which the plants love, and the regulator to 4 gpm, which is plenty fast for my 9'x9'x9' space. A 50 lb tank costs < $25 to refill and lasts me 2 weeks.

I don't recall if I mentioned it, but I recently bought a second tank. It is full right outside the room, ready to go, so I'm good on CO2 for almost a month. With only one tank, the grow would have to do without for a day while I refill the tank. With two tanks, it won't go without any more than until I see it is empty. I can then switch tanks. Bonus: I have two weeks to discretely refill the empty tank. It's a great way to go if you can pay the $300 for a second tank.

---

I'm psyched! This will be my third adventure into flowering. The last two were quite successful. I'm not sure what kind of goal I'm going to set for this one. As for output, an average of 6 oz each would be sufficient. I think I need a different kind of goal this round, but I haven't settled on anything yet.

The theme seems to be 'Going Big', but I may be cutting it too close this time. We shall see. They are all about 45" from the floor, pot included. I only have a 9' ceiling. I may be bolting the lights directly to the drywall. :yikes: Nevertheless, I'm not sure "cope with too-big plants successfully" is quite the kind of goal I have in mind. 🤷

---

I have jumped into cloning recently, and in pursuit of that, I have purchased a new tray with plugs and a new dome. I'm hoping to go on a rescue mission to save some strains someone else is discarding. I'm going to try to collect cuttings first. I'll do pics for that.

I also got everything to do a new 50 gallon batch of soil. I'll detail that in the next couple days when we actually mix it up.

Finally, I re-upped on a bunch of nutrients to the tune of about $200, and bought a bunch of other useful odds and ends.

---

I completely refactored and streamlined the automation event system software I have been working on. It will be the heart of the software that controls everything in my grow, so it is worth getting that right.

Next I am going to fork the project. The primary code base will continue to work toward a very sophisticated result. This will take time. But the secondary code set will be hand customized to get it functional in limited ways ASAP.

This means we should see some actual application of the automation hardware very soon. I intend to start with a temp/humidity sensor suspended in the canopy, controlling the AC, heat, and dehumidifier. This is also very exciting to me.

---

So, this journal should get interesting again. Soon we will see budding and it will be on. Side projects are making progress. There will be much to see in the near future. It will be fun. :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom