Aberration Goes Ker Bloom! - Perpetual

Re: Aberration Goes ker Bloom! - 2009

Thank you.

I must say, it has been a pretty good weekend.

Code:
--> MTO2, MTO3, OC6, OC7, MTN3, MTN4 (*VEG*):
1. Feed: MTO2 gets 3/4 gal; rest get 1/2 gal
   Per gal:
	 1  T  Pure Blend Pro Grow
	 .5 t  Companion
	 2  t  Bt-i
   Add PBP to 800 ppm
   Bring up with liquid lime to pH 6.19 @ 22.6 C
Code:
--> OC3, MTN2, MTO1:
1. Pre-flush: 1/2 gal. 
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   6.19 @ 22.0 C

2. Feed: 1 gal. ea.
   Per gal:
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  T  Notrazyme
	 1  oz yucca
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1  T  Calcium Syrup
	 1  t  Companion
   Dilute to 1270 ppm
   Bring up with liquid lime to pH 6.27 @ 22.3 C
Code:
--> OC1:
1. Feed: 1.5 gal.
   Total for 1.5 gal:
	 2  T  Pure Blend Pro Bloom (1-4-5, soil and coco formula)
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  t  Carbon sweet
         1  T  Calcium Syrup
	 1  t  Companion
   Dilute to 1270 ppm
   Bring up with liquid lime to pH 6.27 @ 21.1 C

I decided to use Clearex a bit more than just once. I intend to flush these two for the next 2 days with Clearex and then with just water every day after that. In the future I will give them 5 days of Clearex and 5 days of water and see if I like that as a full flush.

Also, I better get my drying box back in working order...

Code:
--> OC5, MTN1
1. Flush: 1.5 gallons water ea.
         2 T Clearex per gallon

:peace:

Code:
--> OC5, MTN1
1. Flush: 1 gallon water each (every day)
         2 T Clearex per gallon

Here's a 3 pic stitch-up of the right side and middle of bloom. The other 2 pics won't match up. <shrug>

stitchup090908.jpg

That's OC5 on the far right in the back. She is in flush with MTN1, who is not shown (in the top left where the matching failed). That's OC3 in front of OC5, and right up front in the center is MTO1. In the back center, the little dark green darlin' is MTN2, and you can see bits of OC1 and MTN1 along the left edges.

Edit: MTO1, in the front, is like Greenland, which looks, on a map, far larger than it really is. MTO1 is not that wide, nor are her leaves quite that long. I was just marveling at the level of distortion, and thought I would warn y'all. :peace:

The four bloomers not in flush (OC1, OC3, MTN2, MTO1) need a drying-out break. They show no signs of trouble that I see, but the soil is not drained in two days as it has been previously. It might be ready tomorrow, but it is unusual in my limited experience to see the soil drying interval increase unless there is a problem. Could it be that I was too rough over the last week staking them up? I wonder if this is a typically delayed reaction to a previous event, or a reflection of something that is happening now? I'll try to be vigilant and maybe I'll see something useful. <shrug>

They do not seem to be dying. The Mattys seem quite healthy in fact. The OCs seem to be a bit more susceptible to the burn, but are generally holding up just fine. I don't know.

The veg girls are all still getting used to their new root spaces, so they aren't really using up their water that fast yet. They are OK. But heroic MTO2 is going to wilt if I don't feed her. She clearly has as well a developed root structure as she does a superstructure. :D

Code:
--> MTO2 (*VEG*):
1. Feed: 1 gal
   Per gal:
	 .5 t  Companion
   Add PBP to 800 ppm
   Bring up with liquid lime to pH 6.27 @ 22.2 C

--> OC5, MTN1
1. Flush: 1 gallon water each (every day)
         2 T Clearex per gallon

I thought I posted a bunch of overhead shots of the bloom room last night, but they aren't here. I'll figure out what I did (or didn't) and get them posted.

Meanwhile, here's a shot of my healthy and spider-mite-repelling garlic chives, thriving in the shade of the bloom girls. I love these things. These two batches are older than the oldest cannabis plants in here and still growing stronger than ever:

garlic_chives.JPG

A decrease in the day time temps may be a contributing factor to y the plants using less water. Do the chives really repel the mites? Garlic chives right?

Maybe, but my AC has kept the temps at the same profile lately.

As for the chives, I don't know for sure. I heard from multiple reliable sources that garlic chives and regular garlic repel spider mites. I used to spray them with Azatrol. It was traumatic to the plants, so I decided there had to be a better way.

So I read about companion planting and found out about the garlic chives. I also saw a thread by a successful grower who grew it right in the pot with the cannabis, like grass around a tree. I tried it in flats instead because it give me more options and control. I also have not sprayed for them or done anything other than basic cleanliness to prevent them for months. I forgot when it was actually. Been a long time.

I haven't seen a spider mite since, I don't know, last spring? I'm sure it's in one of my previous grow threads.

So it seems to work. But just because I seem to be holding up a building doesn't necessarily make it so. However, it seems like a good working theory at the moment.

Because I keep 16 in trays that hold 18, there are two 'spaces' for pots unfilled. I slide the pots to one end of the tray so the empty space is at one end. When they need feeding, they get whatever is left, at whatever strength the food is at. Just dump the leftovers into the tray where the two pots are missing and they will wick it up. 1/2 - 1" will do.

They put up with all my abuse, they don't wilt very easy, they don't drown easy, they don't mind shade, wind, and being shoved all over the floor and left wherever. Individual stalks die, but the plants keep getting bigger. They seem to be keeping the spider mites out, so I'll keep them kicking around. Heaven knows they aren't any trouble.

</orating> ;)

Code:
--> OC3, MTN2, MTO1:
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   6.18 @ 21.9 C

Per gal:
	 2  T  Budswel (0.01-0.10-0.01)
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  T  Notrazyme
	 1  oz yucca
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1  T  Calcium Syrup
	 1  t  Companion
   Natural at 1320 ppm
   Bring up with liquid lime to pH 6.21 @ 22.8 C
Code:
--> OC1:
   Total for 1.5 gal:
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  t  Carbon sweet
         1  T  Calcium Syrup
	 1  t  Companion
   Dilute to 1325 ppm
   Bring up with liquid lime to pH 6.22 @ 22.6 C

--> OC5, MTN1
1. Flush: 1.5 gallons water ea.
         2 T Clearex per gallon

Here are the overhead shots I thought I posted the other night:

MTO1 Matanuskan Thunderfuck (old pheno) - Day 29 of 65 (45%)
SS855113-mto1.JPG

OC1 Orange Crush - Day 54 of 75 (72%)
SS855101-oc1.JPG

OC3 Orange Crush - Day 56 of 75 (75%)
SS855107-oc3.JPG

MTN2 Matanuskan Thunderfuck (new pheno) - Day 52 of 65 (80%)
SS855099-mtn2.JPG

OC5 Orange Crush - Day 69 of 75 (92%)
SS855089-oc5.JPG

MTN1 Matanuskan Thunderfuck (new pheno) - Day 69 of 65 (106%)
SS855082-mtn1.JPG

Finally, a while back I said I would post a pic of the intake fans for the 25K Btu AC. Well, here it is. Those are 6" inline fans, and they spiral around each other because that's the only way to get those 6" holes in the top that close together. The vertical ducts on the left are the hot side exhaust. The foreground ducting is a part of the light cooling circuit:
SS855127-ac.JPG

I'll probably take MTN1 down Sunday, time permitting. Matty gets better the longer it goes, but after a while, it gets pretty loopy. So while there is no rush, I'll take her down at my first opportunity.

I can predict the smoke report though - mine might turn out a little different, but I've been smoking Matty for 3 years. This is just my first time growing it. It will look good and smoke well, with a heavy stone that leaves you gaping around like you've never seen the room before. Too much of this can be a problem, if it is allowed to mature too long. Taste and smell are minimal however, even with careful organic soil growing. I mix Matty with something else that has great flavor and smell (SAGE is good) and let Matty provide the stone. My knee pain responds very well to it.

Code:
1. Feed: 1 gal for MTO2, 1/4 gal for rest
   Per gal:
	 .5 t  Companion
   Dilute to 820 ppm
   Bring up with liquid lime to pH 6.26 @ 24.0 C

--> OC5, MTN1
1. Flush: 1 gallon plain water ea

--> MTN2
1. Flush: 1.5 gallons water
         2 T Clearex per gallon

Aberration, its really great that you keep such a well documented journal. I'm intrigued by the meticulous nature of your setup and documentation. I think I will try to be more thorough from now on.

Great strains and an excellent setup friend! I hope all goes well in the months to come.

your grows are amazing. from the room it self, to the plants, the cleanliness, and the details of exactly what your doing, when, and how much. i wish i could even come close to keeping that thorough of records for my room.

and your setup is my dream grow room

:thanks:

Aberration, its really great that you keep such a well documented journal. I'm intrigued by the meticulous nature of your setup and documentation. I think I will try to be more thorough from now on.

Great strains and an excellent setup friend! I hope all goes well in the months to come.

Thank you. I spent a long time researching what to do and how. Then I spent a lot of money building it. I'm grateful my wife puts up with me. I tend toward OCD. I'm not truly OCD, but I am fairly detail oriented and it does get excessive from time to time. I guess you could say it's not in my nature to do things in simple ways.

your grows are amazing. from the room it self, to the plants, the cleanliness, and the details of exactly what your doing, when, and how much. i wish i could even come close to keeping that thorough of records for my room.

and your setup is my dream grow room

Thanks but the records are mostly copy/paste of what I almost obsessively record already. It's both a breeze and a pleasure to share. I figure I learned so much from other posters on so many forums, it's only right that I contribute what I can and pay it forward.

If I do well, may I be a good role model. If I do poorly, may I be a useful study in failure.

And this is my dream grow room too. Or at least, it will be when I get a bit more done. Least detail is probable best, but the delays in completion hinge on one set of facts:

My current grow is only phase one. It was permitted and inspected and is perfectly legal. But of course, the inspector could not know this would be a grow room. And I want to keep it that way. Even with a legal med grow, it's best no one knows.

Phase two will be accomplished by partitioning the garage, which will be reversible, but not with a permit. The thing is, I already have another project in progress that is a long slow build. I do not have time to speed it up. I expect to complete it within 6 months.

Or sure hope so anyway. I'm sick of it and want it done anyway. But an inspector will need to be out for that project. I do not want to partition the garage until after that event. So once I finish my current project, phase 2 will go into action, more than doubling my size and making it much more comfortable.

Yea his journal is dope. He's up for member of the month, vote 4 him.

I'm completely blown away. Thank you. I think just about everyone around here is great, I don't know what to say.

I'll be back after feeding.

Man ur journal has done almost all the talking for u and I admire ur passion. Its people like u that keep me goin. I don't wanna sound like I'm all on ur nuts, but people like u inspire me when I get discouraged. If some1 who's grow I can respect and/or admire compliments or corrects me its an honor to me. So this is the rational behind the accolades, I'm far from a cheerleader. I just call it how I c it, good or bad. Thanks and keep up the good work. Good luck on ur dream room. I want some shit like maslowjj, MAN!! Check his grow out for those that haven't. Talk a bout a dream come true. I wanna do what u guys are doin.

Thanks, BWC BayArea.

See? This is why I like this forum. It's the people.

---

Code:
--> OC3, MTO1:
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   6.23 @ 23.4 C

Per gal:
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  T  Notrazyme
	 1  oz yucca
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1  T  Calcium Syrup
	 1  t  Companion
   Dilute to 1310 ppm
   Bring up with liquid lime to pH 6.26 @ 22.9 C
Code:
--> OC1:
   Total for 1.5 gal:
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  t  Carbon sweet
         1  T  Calcium Syrup
	 1  t  Companion
   Dilute to 1320 ppm
   Bring up with liquid lime to pH 6.26 @ 22.8 C
Code:
--> OC5, MTN1

--> MTN2
         2 T Clearex per gallon

It has not escaped my notice that MTN1 is still drinking heavily. The last few weeks at 1.5 gal every other night, she didn't have any runoff. Even now, when she is getting 1 gallon every night, there is still no runoff. She's still charging ahead at 6 days past ready. I love Matty. They make such eager plants sometimes.

It seems like there's always one or two "drunkards" in the batch. Got one too, watch her close. Mine wilt when I don't. Its tricky with small pots cuz when they're half dry u have to make the decison b4 the lights go out "Do I water again while the soil is moist, or do wait til it drys out more." That wait got me a few times. Ur feeding schedule looks good. Nice work.

Ok. I am completely blown away. I think I' caught up. If I can MAJOR + reps on that construction. That is something to really be proud of. I was wondering what type of filter u have on ur intake? I also read ur nutes description. How on earth did u as a new grower (this is ur 2nd grow) come up with that organic feed regimen? I am really intrigued by this because I know little about organic and am kinda eager to learn.

Ok. I am completely blown away. I think I' caught up. If I can MAJOR + reps on that construction. That is something to really be proud of. I was wondering what type of filter u have on ur intake? I also read ur nutes description. How on earth did u as a new grower (this is ur 2nd grow) come up with that organic feed regimen? I am really intrigued by this because I know little about organic and am kinda eager to learn.

Thanks.

The intake has a can 66 on it, as does the exhaust. But since I have AC and CO2, I haven't been using them.

As for the organic regimen, I have a mentor. He gave me the basic recipe and the concept of the 'pre-flush' instead of flushing every other watering like many do. I have changed the recipe, and now I seem to have found one that works for me. The soil recipe I use is pretty much all his though.

I have been reading up on organics and the nutrients themselves. I know there is significant duplication in my current recipe, and I hope that by learning more about what is in it I might be able to pare it down to something less complex but comparably successful.

I'm no pro. I just have had good advice and I have tried to listen and understand. I must admit, the recipe I have now is complicated and time consuming (not to mention somewhat expensive in the long run) but it really works well.

Veg is growing too fast at the moment. Water only.

Code:
1. Water only: 1 gal for MTO2, 1/4 gal for rest
   Bring down with golden amber to pH 6.24 @ 22.7 C

--> OC5, MTN1

--> MTN2
         2 T Clearex per gallon

Due to a joyful event in the family, we have not yet begun taking down MTN1. That starts tomorrow. In addition, I notice that all of bloom seems to have slowed drinking, so those in flush will get it, but the other three (OC1, OC3, MTO1) are going to wait until tomorrow before I feed them again.

Code:
--> OC5, MTN1

--> MTN2
         2 T Clearex per gallon

I'm a grampa now. ;)

Code:
--> OC3, MTO1:
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   6.23 @ 22.5 C

Per gal:
	 2  T  Budswel (0.01-0.10-0.01)
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  T  Notrazyme
	 1  oz yucca
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
         1  T  Calcium Syrup
	 1  t  Companion
   Add Bioactive to 1330 ppm
   Bring up with liquid lime to pH 6.19 @ 22.3 C
Code:
--> OC1:
   Total for 1.5 gal:
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  t  Carbon sweet
         1  T  Calcium Syrup
	 1  t  Companion
   Dilute to 1320 ppm
   Bring up with liquid lime to pH 6.20 @ 22.3 C

--> OC5, MTN1

--> MTN2
1. Flush: 1 gallon water
         2 T Clearex per gallon

And some pics:

Here's a great bud pic, except this camera can't handle HPS at all:

P1010002-bud.JPG

There are quite a few of these, and for every one I have tied up, there's one hanging 12-18" off the floor. I'm losing control, there's so much bud. I turned off the HPS and took the rest by MH light and flash. There's just craploads of bud everywhere:

P1010013-lots.JPG

P1010015-lots-and-lots.JPG

P1010019-and-more.JPG

P1010025-it-tgoes-on.JPG

I moved MTO1 into the veg area temporarily to make enough room to move the dry box back into the bloom room. I hate that thing already. There just isn't enough room. Anyway, I took some pics by floro light:

P1010029-mto1-a.JPG

P1010030-mto1-b.JPG

P1010031-mto1-c.JPG

I also chopped 12" or so off the top of all the girls that used to be the cutlings. I know it's brutal, but they have a month before they go into bloom and they were about 28" tall each already. They will survive it:

P1110004-cutlings.JPG

Before I chopped them, they were touching those lights.

Edit: I forgot to mention, we started harvesting MTN1 tonight. It took quite a while to get the dry box back in order, so we only did the tallest, most ready branch. We'll get going on the rest of it in earnest tomorrow night. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom