6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

re: 6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

All right BLUE!! Smokin':tokin:

I've never had any bands in my pictures. Must be a reflector effect. Must mean that it actually does reflect out some extra light.

Speaking of smokin' :blunt: ... finished the GDP test.

The winner is ..... Organic GDP:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Tighter, tastier and stonier. Only downside was that the under feed organic runt only produced 15 grams while the DMP/OC+ came in at 32 grams. The organic was so much better that I would take that difference every time. However, I think with better care, I can get the organic to come in at over a Z every time.

The DMP/OC+ was still better than any of the dispensary GDP I have tried. It is just that the organic was so powerful. It grab a hold of me and took me for a ride while the DMP/OC+ required me to let go. :cool:

The organic barely allowed me to focus on cartoons while I was able to work on the computer with the DMP/OC+. That's not a bad thing. I was doing work I should have done months ago but couldn't face. ;)

The DMP/OC+ Headband just went into the jar so the Headband smoke off is still about a week away. Though to be fair I should probably smoke the organic HB today for the test to have similar cure times. (good excuse :) )

:Namaste:

That's great news TT. I'm stoned on the AK tonight. Soon it will be Lucy's turn I hope, and maybe even the bagseed. Either way I'm happy.

I knew soil would give pot better smell and taste but not about increasing potency.... would you say it's more potent or a different kind of high or ?

I'm thinking of growing out a couple of the clones in soil this time... I picked up some Sunshine organic growing mix soil at the nursery, was thinking of tossing in some oc+ seeing how they do. I know that's not really organic but I don't have money for more nutes now. I'll bet they'd be pretty good what do you think?

That's great news TT. I'm stoned on the AK tonight. Soon it will be Lucy's turn I hope, and maybe even the bagseed. Either way I'm happy.

I knew soil would give pot better smell and taste but not about increasing potency.... would you say it's more potent or a different kind of high or ?

I'm thinking of growing out a couple of the clones in soil this time... I picked up some Sunshine organic growing mix soil at the nursery, was thinking of tossing in some oc+ seeing how they do. I know that's not really organic but I don't have money for more nutes now. I'll bet they'd be pretty good what do you think?

Isn't it a pile of fun to be smoking all of the different things that you grow?

The plants have different potency and a different kind of high. This might be due to picking buds that came from different part of the plants but I think it is because they just grew different. The DMP/OC+ buds were always fluffier and leafier. The organics were always smaller, denser and more resiny. I can see the same tight buds in the plants I am growing now.

Don't get me wrong. I am not giving up a single gram of the DMP/OC+ buds. It is great smoke. Better than any of the stuff I have tried from dispensaries.
However, the organic group, has something extra special about it.

I think trying a couple plants in soil would be a great idea. You might want to try some mixed hempies. Perlite res and 50/50 perlite to sunshine above or maybe 80/20 with the top couple inches straight Sunshine. So many possibilities.

The OC+ will be great! use what you got. I had the organic Dynamite products already which is why i decide to do the comparison. gee, that was the intent back in October. Since then just been doing it out of habit.

The best plant might be the organic Blue Dragon that i rescued by top dressing with OC+. I am going to try a plant like that on purpose. The plant will be in a perlite/coco base with some organics. The OC+ will be in a pouch on top of the soil. Theoretically, the organics will wear out by harvest time and the OC+ can be removed a couple weeks before the end.

If you do get organic nutes, they don't have to be expensive. Everything I have came off the shelf at a local hardware store or nursery. i probably could have spent only $10 but I couldn't make up my mind which to buy so I spent $30 and combined them all together.

Thanks TT. There's a cool organic nursery not far from me, it's where I got the perlite, vermiculite and sunshine soil. I need more vermiculite so I'm going back there soon I'll see what they've got for nutes. They don't seem like pot growers but who knows, they've got all the stuff I need. It's basically a family farm they seem like the salt of the earth.

Do you think the tighter budded plants may have gotten more light? I'm curious because the buds on my plants are really dense and hard which makes me think the perlite isn't the cause.

This ak48 is kicking my ass. This is so awesome. :blunt:

They make knee highs out of pantyhose material, one knee high would be perfect for OC to be put in. cheap too at the dollar store. Or check your wife/gf draw... probably has a pair stuck away.

Thanks TT. There's a cool organic nursery not far from me, it's where I got the perlite, vermiculite and sunshine soil. I need more vermiculite so I'm going back there soon I'll see what they've got for nutes. They don't seem like pot growers but who knows, they've got all the stuff I need. It's basically a family farm they seem like the salt of the earth.

Do you think the tighter budded plants may have gotten more light? I'm curious because the buds on my plants are really dense and hard which makes me think the perlite isn't the cause.

This ak48 is kicking my ass. This is so awesome. :blunt:

The organic plants we are talking about here are grown with Dynamite Mater Magic and Dynamite Organic (brown bottle). I have two new batches that combine those with Epsoma Tomato Tone and Jobes Organic Tomato. Epsoma is the more well rounded product. There is one plant growing in Whitney Farms Tomato because I had some left from last years tomato crop.

All of the plants in the grow get the same amount of light. The only ones that got more light were the to Blue Dragons because they got their hats sooner.

The comments are a comparison between the two groups of plants. The DMP/OC+ plants have nice dense buds but the two all organic plants are even more dense. They had thinner, smaller bud leaves that were more tightly stacked.

Organic Headband
010411_005.JPG

DMP/OC+ Headband
010411_010.JPG

These two pictures sort of show the idea. Both nice buds but the organic is tighter. The difference was more noticeable with the GDP but I don't have a good set of pictures.

You have been getting HIGHHHHHHHhhhhh! :tokin:

Ain't it the truth! :cool:

I should have started my comparisons on just one hit but it takes the first hit to get the pipe ready. The second hit puts me away!:tokin:

The second hit of organic GDP was overkill. Way to psychoactive. Tough job but somebody had to do it. :smokin:

WTG TT! :)
They all sound good to me! :cheer:

I really like the part about keeping the OC+ in a bag on top! Makes perfect sense! :high-five:

Thanks OMM! They are all terrific. Still have three cured comparisons to do later in the week. :blunt:

The only problem I had with the Dynamite Purple and the OC+ is that it was still pumping nutes into the plant at the end and there was a continuing foxtailing on the buds with new sticky growth. (some problem :cool:)

This made it difficult to pick the end time of the grow based on trich color because all the new surface trichs were clear. I based my decsion on the color of the trichs on some older parts of the bud that I could see that were mostly amber. This mix of old and new probably accounts for some of the difference in smoke.:smokin:

Not complaining. :hookah: Just noticing.:smokin:

They make knee highs out of pantyhose material, one knee high would be perfect for OC to be put in. cheap too at the dollar store. Or check your wife/gf draw... probably has a pair stuck away.

Just requisitioned a pair!:):high-five:

Hey TT! :)

I'm still thinking about the OC+ in a bag/panty hose. Doing that, I could remove the bag and actually do a flush at the end. Thanks! :high-five:

Just part of the service. :smokin:

It would also be handy for plants that need an extra boost. Just throw on a bag of prills and water. :slide:

Slow stage right now. waiting for the final two cures to get some time under their lids before testing. :)

Some new plants of same strains at 4-5 weeks flower. These are test plants that I didn't kill. Who knows what my abuse did to the final quality? :smokin:

Red Dragon seedling is in flower for 2-3 weeks. 1/2 gallon tub mid-hempy. :smokin:

Jack Herer has clones a couple of days into 12/12 to see if it is a Jack or a Jill. ;)

Super Lemon Haze seedling has been anemic. Keeping it alive out of pity. If it was just a seedling I probably would have offed it by now. If it manages to get big enough for clones, I'll take a couple and see if they grow better. :)

Clones and mother's just waiting for my next move. First two new plants of the next grow are slated for transplant tomorrow. Got GDP, Blue Dragon, Headband, Red Dragon, and Wonder Woman to choose from. Leaning toward either 2 WW or 1 ww and 1 RD. Probably make my life easier to do two of the same. :slide:

Two Vanilla Kush seedlings about a week or two out from being able to grab some clones for 12/12 test. :cool:

Three more varieties in seed stash. :grinjoint:

Thinking of going with the flow this summer and growing something that can handle heat. Seems like a interesting option. Cooling the garage properly is a $1000 option. :cool:

Anbody know some good high heat strains? Many days when they will be in the 90's with some 100+ days. :cool:

Tolerance of low humidity would be a good trait too. :hookah:

Sounds like the perfect climate for a cactus TT! The

AK handled real low humidity no problem but never tested temps like that.

Sounds like the perfect climate for a cactus TT! The

AK handled real low humidity no problem but never tested temps like that.

Can't smoke cactus but there are some kinds that you can chew on! :)

I actually have a perfect Mediterranean climate. (73F today) Can grow almost anything here. Unfortunately, growing outside is not an option.

The hottest part of the year avg. high 90F avg. low 65F. That avg is the tricky part. Last year, part of the avg included a whole week over 100 with a top of 115. The all time high.

Probably need to find a land-race from a dry equatorial area or spend a grand on air conditioner, vent fans, thermostats, etc. All that extra electrical chops my grow space ability in half.

Keep growing those buds :cool:

Loved the Video TT!:lot-o-toke:

I thought it was hilarious!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Think you are the only one of my 3 readers who watched it. ;)

Last night I transplanted a wonder Woman and a Red Dragon. The will probably hit the hempy res in a couple of days. Then LST and into 12/12 in about a week. One week behind will be one more of each. :smokin:

On a fun fact front... I have total weights.

Triple beam weights rounded down to nearest gram.

Organic GDP 14 g (runt that had some early bud removal)
DMP/OC+ GDP 28 g
Organic Headband 33 g
DMP/OC+ HB 42 g
Organic(OC+) Blue Dragon 47 g
DMP/OC+ BD 50 g

Total: 214 g = 7.54 oz :grinjoint:

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom