420's West Hippie Grows A Candy Kush Mother Plant - Plus Some Squishing Rosin

I’ve done a lot of reading and gwe says max temp of 72f but I read further and doesn’t recommend 67-68f till last two weeks of flower , any other suggestions are very welcome here .
I have no suggestions on that since you are my hydro guru!
have to put moving till tomorrow because I don’t have any buckets ready yet .
How many buckets will you be running this time? Are you giving some clones away?
As soon as I get back from town I’ll make them up for in the morning.
Like an old time movie: "Honey I'm going into town for supplies. Hitch up the horses for me!"

I have no suggestions on that since you are my hydro guru!

How many buckets will you be running this time? Are you giving some clones away?

Like an old time movie: "Honey I'm going into town for supplies. Hitch up the horses for me!"
Two of the healthiest are for my grow . I’ve got another fifty clones to get started off poor mama candy. The purple punch grow we all did them at the same time and these guys were buried in weed . Just shy of 63 pounds. Need to Spread them out a little .
One plant under each light in the 30 gallon totes , still with mc . 660 watt led verses the 1000 watt mh/hps Candy kush grow .
My bucket for the backhoe cracked and I want a pro to weld it back and it’s not me . I can weld but I don’t care for it so on to the machine shop .
@Rexer found 73f was a perfect number but gwe says 72f max and only then they come back and say last two weeks of flower run at 68f .

Your grow is quite complex and definitely one to be admired WH! But I’ll be honest I had done the DWC for quite awhile but it was just too scientific and time consuming for me and my pea brain. That and I’m really frugal. :laughtwo: I complement you on your abilities.

My bucket for the backhoe cracked and I want a pro to weld it back and it’s not me . I can weld but I don’t care for it so on to the machine shop .
I know a few welders that when they finish their work I would say they are actually better grinders. :laugh:

Your grow is quite complex and definitely one to be admired WH! But I’ll be honest I had done the DWC for quite awhile but it was just too scientific and time consuming for me and my pea brain. That and I’m really frugal. :laughtwo: I complement you on your abilities.

I know a few welders that when they finish their work I would say they are actually better grinders. :laugh:
Thanks Nev I love the flood and drain verses the dwc . Yes the dwc can be a problem but I’m dialed in on mc with it . As soon as I uppot from the five gallon bucket to the 30 gallon tote is when it gets fun . It’s a lot easier to control in the five gallon bucket , but when I’m shooting for 4 pounds from two girls I have to uppot no choice , need space for those roots .
Back hoe bucket will be back in there lap if it breaks in the same place for free but these two old farts have been welding since they were 12 years old and both are 76 now and when they said they can make it better than new made my day .
I’ll tag everyone when I move to another journal. 2 lights 2 girls looking for 4 pounds .

01/25/2023
Sometimes we forget what our lights can make our girls look like deficiency in the making . I thought because I let the girl nearly run out of nutrients I hurt her , I was wrong turn out the Goliath and use the room light. Here’s two examples .

Had to change Mama Candy’s bucket out . TDS ppm dropped to 206 ppm , went ahead and went with 6 grams of mc a gallon 10 mL calmag but first mix protekt 15 mL , now 1060 ppm 70f water temp .
The off spring are on Presciption blend . Ph was on all six 6.3 , 2 mL of acid and 5.8 . 458- 462 ppm , I’ve never got all my buckets in a row with that kind of numbers on the solids . Water temp adjusted 70.7 to 72 f . Canopy temp 75.9 room temp 76.3 RH 57.9% outside temp 45 f outside RH 63% wind 13 mph WNW .
Have a great day everyone.

Just caught up. Going to your journal is like walking into another world. What a mommy you got! And as usual I need a press. Lol. Great work in the room.

WH, would love to run your buckets. DWC? If i made a changeover it will be that. Just nervous about making the jump because ive never done it before.
If i had to go out of town for a couple days with no attention to the plants is that possible?
Appreciate it buddy, hope you are having a great day.

WH, would love to run your buckets. DWC? If i made a changeover it will be that. Just nervous about making the jump because ive never done it before.
If i had to go out of town for a couple days with no attention to the plants is that possible?
Appreciate it buddy, hope you are having a great day.
I would like to see you go through with a dwc . At @Maritimer here is started for his first dwc , great read . Going out of town for a couple days is fine till you get into last 3-4 weeks it uses two of three gallons of water and nutrients a day but I’ve done it for three days with no problems, just mix a fresh bucket and your on your way. You’ll see me up pot my grow from the five gallon bucket with only 3 usable gallons in it to a 30 gallon tote with 18 gallons usable and yes this way you would be in great shape .
If my whole orchard of fruit trees wouldn’t have bloomed with the two weeks of 75-80 degrees I’d be in great shape I hate it when it happens like this .
Happy growing.

Didn’t realize it was 01/28/2023 . Got lost trying to catch up . Mama still on her munch all nutrients buffet. Out of pro-tekt , do I MSA maybe later.
Mama Candy’s old bucket
TDS 192 ppm started 25th with 1060 ppm
Water temp 69.7
Water level down 1 gallon
Ph 5.2
Canopy temp 76.7f
Room temp 74.1 RH 61.5%
Outside temp 55f. RH 94%
Wind S 8 mph
Fresh bucket
TDS 1055 ppm
Water temp 69.7
Water level 3 gallons of RO
Ph 5.0 after mixing 15 mL calmag then 18 grams of mc . Adjusted to a 5.8 ph .
I changed the clones nutrients out looks like they were starving .

01/30/2023 Monday
Mama Candy Kush
TDS 395 ppm was 1055 ppm Falling
Water level down 1/2 gallon Falling
Water temp 64.8 adjusted to 72.8
Ph 6.4 was 5.8 Rising
Canopy temp 74.4
Room Temp 68.8 Rising dumbass turned the heater on .
Room RH 56.9 %
Outside temp 29f Outside RH 92%
Wind NNW 14 mph light snow .
Cloner still putting out , will move more to buckets . Was too cold in here this morning I’ll wait to cut more clones . Temp 72.3 warming back to 75f .
These poor gals almost starved them to death ,my bad . Will try with the rest to use PB nutrients using third week of veg nutrients !

Hey WH, Momma Candy Kush is looking great.
TDS 395 ppm was 1055 ppm Falling
Water level down 1/2 gallon Falling
Water temp 64.8 adjusted to 72.8
Ph 6.4 was 5.8 Rising
From 1055 to 395 and only 1/2 gallon down! She is going to town on those nutes, what a monster! I bet those clones could be at 1000ppm now.

Hey WH, Momma Candy Kush is looking great.

From 1055 to 395 and only 1/2 gallon down! She is going to town on those nutes, what a monster! I bet those clones could be at 1000ppm now.
I made a mistake and gave the clones 490 ppm PB nutrients and didn’t come back for a couple days nearly lost them . I’ll try PB nutrients on the next round for the clones there on mc at the moment.
Mama Candy keeps throwing big fans at me daily . Weather was a little warmer Saturday and she took down a gallon then Sunday 3/4 gallon and then I didn’t turn the heat on with this 20 mph north wind 28 degrees and this morning only 1/2 gallon down so it was 2-1/4 gallons down from the 1055 ppm . I’ve been trying to hang onto 72+ degrees on the buckets . Thanks for checking the girls out .

Clones seem to grow faster at warmer temperatures, was running 78f on the first batch of clones , I’m on 75f on the next round which just 3 degrees seems slower than 78f . In three weeks the roots were 5” long at 78 , this Friday will be three weeks at 75f , pic below
Above pic was from 78f
Veg I’ve read it needs warmer temperatures 70-85f 20-30c , I know everyone likes to keep the temps low to avoid bad pathogens and other bad bacteria . Everyone remembers PW ran 80f several times saved by Hydroguard and Z7 .
Now I caught a grower at low temps in flower for bringing out there colors and that’s when @Rexer helped add night time temperatures only so I did more research and found out last 3-4 weeks of flower 65-67f at night with 75-77f lights on will produce the best color , trichomes production, density and smell.

Looking Good Westy,
Hopefully in a few months I can get into some squishing with you..... I miss my Rosin...😁👍

Back
Top Bottom