420 Magazine's Photo of the Month: August 2024

I'll start things off with a pic of the 420 Green House . Good luck Everyone :ciao:

I have a neighbor who has two really large frames. Probably 15 foot tall in the shape of a house. But they are frames for those big white temp tents you would use to store a car or a tall boat even. With the two of them I could make an enormous greenhouse. I wonder if Clear plastic or translucent is better. I assume translucent or semi translucent to distribute light more evenly. But I then consider is it possible that you are actually cutting down on sun rays with translucent plastic?
Always great plants @Bill284

You know, I didnt realize what the 284 meant until I purchased some Gia Green and now my roommate keeps saying over and over again every time I talk about feeding plants, "I got some 284" :)

I call this one Kief Haul. This is the kief I gathered last grow from nine plants. One day it will be a blonde temple ball.

That is phenomenal. I have a small plastic container of Kief from just grinding bud. I think I collected it for like a few weeks then the grinder wouldn't allow anymore Kief to fall even cleaning the screen. Which is strange to me.

But, How on earth did you get that much Kief? I mean, did you strip the plants? If so is there a place where you post about the process?

420 Green!
Isn't it beautiful?
20240814_112308.jpg

Life is so precious 💚
Love taking photos of bug life like that.
Here is one I took many years ago with an iPhone before I decided I dont like the proprietary everything about iphones. But it did take great photos even then.
I saw this guy in Ocean City and he was munching on a bushy caterpillar. I got fairly close and used the zoom. It was a big mantis though so I dont think it was very scared while eating.

MANTUS.jpg

I have a neighbor who has two really large frames. Probably 15 foot tall in the shape of a house. But they are frames for those big white temp tents you would use to store a car or a tall boat even. With the two of them I could make an enormous greenhouse. I wonder if Clear plastic or translucent is better. I assume translucent or semi translucent to distribute light more evenly. But I then consider is it possible that you are actually cutting down on sun rays with translucent plastic?
Always great plants @Bill284

You know, I didnt realize what the 284 meant until I purchased some Gia Green and now my roommate keeps saying over and over again every time I talk about feeding plants, "I got some 284" :)
I raced mmotorcycles when i was young.
284 was my number also the perfect veg mix npk. :thumb:
Your the first person to put the 2 together. :cheer:
Clear poly is what you want to use," 6ml."
I have doubled 6ml poly on the roof and 60% of the sides.
A frame sounds perfect.

My helmet from 1980 Bell Moto lll. The Original Brain Bucket. ;)

This is at a track called Hully Gully :thumb:
Anyone ever heard of it?

@Bill284 :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I was looking at your age in the photo and Bill you are young, Ha Ha 🍋
Young and crazy, now I'm old and foolish. :rofl:
Be 60 next year :oops:
I still feel all those crashes. o_O
See what side of the track marking tape I'm on?🤣

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I raced mmotorcycles when i was young.
284 was my number also the perfect veg mix npk. :thumb:
Your the first person to put the 2 together. :cheer:
Clear poly is what you want to use," 6ml."
I have doubled 6ml poly on the roof and 60% of the sides.
A frame sounds perfect.

My helmet from 1980 Bell Moto lll. The Original Brain Bucket. ;)

This is at a track called Hully Gully :thumb:
Anyone ever heard of it?

@Bill284 :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Those old bikes. Man...I had a 1978 yz80 that I used to run ragged. That power band was one of the best experiences. 😆
We had a huge concrete Ravine V shaped that ran just a bit under a mile in my neighborhood. Of course the police always tried to catch people riding. Go figure they never showed up this day when I could have used thier help. I think I was 13 at the time.

It had two main Vs running down into the main v for water run off from the roads in the area. Well it has way more run off spots than two but they were way smaller. But the two were really deep V's running perpendicular and you either had to ride a bit lower in the main V just off the water or remember them and watch out for them because they would eat half your front wheel and throw you off.

Once I was riding in almost dark and had the bike wound out. Flying through the V on my way home. I forgot about the big V near the end and my front tire went right in it and I went air born for about 35 foot through the air then slid for about 20 feet on the concrete. I landed on my elbow, side and rolled on the back of my shoulder. I was able to stop my head from slamming though. The bike slid further than i did after flipping.
Needless to say I was messed up bad.
The bikes handlebars were bent sideways and the shifter smashed in and the bike wasn't startable either. I could get it in neutral though.
I had to push that bike home for about two miles feeling like death
I had road burn on my entire hip area for about 16 inches and covered that whole side of my hip area. My elbow had a hole in it about one and a half inches in diameter and really deep that oddly over the decades there is barely a scar there today from it. And my shoulder on the back was rashed up to the point of running blood down my side and my elbow had dirt and small rocks in the hole.
That was close to the worst ER visit ever because they had to clean out the elbow hole. Eek.
I think the elbow hole hit a rock on the concrete. How else could it be a round hole and not just broken skin. It could have been my elbow smashing through the skin and it hurt that badly but it was a bit an inch up from my elbow bone. It probably was the elbow from the impact. I just tried to move that scar to my elbow and it goes all the way. So it must have been my elbow bone that caused it.

I never road fast in the V again.

Soon got an RM 125 in like 88 and I believe that bike was the first year they water cooled them. It was used but the upgrade in power was great at a young age and I was light. Like 130 lbs.

When I was about 41 I moved to Florida and just kept buying bikes and 4 wheelers. I had the Rm450 Rickey Carmichael edition and a yz 125 that some guy gave me when I purchased a 4 wheeler from him. I was blown away. He said they just changed the heads(piston and rings and couldn't get it to start. I tried for about 100 kicks and finally decided to try after unhooking the exhaust from the motor and pulling the air box filter off and it started right up. That bike was worth more than the 4 wheeler we bought after that and all it had was a vapor lock.
Also had the 2008 kfx 450 and the 20007 kfx700.

Good times. Then I moved out of Florida and left them all to my brother and his kids. I really got them for his kids because we lived on a dirt road that went back to unreal miles and miles of trails where everyone was free to ride on with no threat of police being called or caring. Much different state Florida was. At least Malabar Florida.

Your bike In that photo Appears to be one that has arear monoshock. I thought the monoshock came out in 82 or 83.
But I could certainly be wrong about that. My 78 had the two rear shocks. It never did well landing a huge jump like those full floater mono shocks once they came out.

Looks like you were having a blast though.

I'm 53 so not far behind you.

I did street bikes(GSXR750) for a while until my vision went and now I just can't do it anymore. I don't trust my own judgment on a street bike because people will run you right off the road while looking at you. Oddly it's happened to me a few times and I thwarted a huge accident. I don't believe I have the sight or reflexes anymore.

Apologies for the book. Lol

Those old bikes. Man...I had a 1978 yz80 that I used to run ragged. That power band was one of the best experiences. 😆
We had a huge concrete Ravine V shaped that ran just a bit under a mile in my neighborhood. Of course the police always tried to catch people riding. Go figure they never showed up this day when I could have used thier help. I think I was 13 at the time.

It had two main Vs running down into the main v for water run off from the roads in the area. Well it has way more run off spots than two but they were way smaller. But the two were really deep V's running perpendicular and you either had to ride a bit lower in the main V just off the water or remember them and watch out for them because they would eat half your front wheel and throw you off.

Once I was riding in almost dark and had the bike wound out. Flying through the V on my way home. I forgot about the big V near the end and my front tire went right in it and I went air born for about 35 foot through the air then slid for about 20 feet on the concrete. I landed on my elbow, side and rolled on the back of my shoulder. I was able to stop my head from slamming though. The bike slid further than i did after flipping.
Needless to say I was messed up bad.
The bikes handlebars were bent sideways and the shifter smashed in and the bike wasn't startable either. I could get it in neutral though.
I had to push that bike home for about two miles feeling like death
I had road burn on my entire hip area for about 16 inches and covered that whole side of my hip area. My elbow had a hole in it about one and a half inches in diameter and really deep that oddly over the decades there is barely a scar there today from it. And my shoulder on the back was rashed up to the point of running blood down my side and my elbow had dirt and small rocks in the hole.
That was close to the worst ER visit ever because they had to clean out the elbow hole. Eek.
I think the elbow hole hit a rock on the concrete. How else could it be a round hole and not just broken skin. It could have been my elbow smashing through the skin and it hurt that badly but it was a bit an inch up from my elbow bone. It probably was the elbow from the impact. I just tried to move that scar to my elbow and it goes all the way. So it must have been my elbow bone that caused it.

I never road fast in the V again.

Soon got an RM 125 in like 88 and I believe that bike was the first year they water cooled them. It was used but the upgrade in power was great at a young age and I was light. Like 130 lbs.

When I was about 41 I moved to Florida and just kept buying bikes and 4 wheelers. I had the Rm450 Rickey Carmichael edition and a yz 125 that some guy gave me when I purchased a 4 wheeler from him. I was blown away. He said they just changed the heads and couldn't get it to start. I tried for about 100 kicks and finally decided to try after unhooking the exhause from the motor and pulling the air box filter off and it started right up. That bike was worth more than the 4 wheeler we bought after that and all it had was a vapor lock.
Also had the 2008 kfx 450 and the 20007 kfx700.

Good times. Then I moved out of Florida and left them all to my brother and his kids. I really got them for his kids because we lived on a dirt road that went back to unreal miles and miles of trails where everyone was free to ride on with no threat of police being called or caring. Much different state Florida was. At least Malabar Florida.

Your bike In that photo Appears to be one that has arear monoshock. I thought the monoshock came out in 82 or 83.
But I could certainly be wrong about that. By 78 had the two rear shocks. It never did well landing a huge jump like those full floater mono shocks once they came out.

Looks like you were having a blast though.

I'm 53 so not far behind you.

I did street bikes(GSXR750) for a while until my vision went and now I just can't do it anymore. I don't trust my own judgment on a street bike because people will run you right off the road while looking at you. Oddly it's happened to me a few times and I thwarted a huge accident. I don't believe I have the sight or reflexes anymore.

Apologies for the book. Lol
I really could type out a book on my crashes.
Glad you recovered from yours.
I had street bikes aswell but lost 2 friends to careless motorists in high school.
Then had a lady almost kill me so I stopped street riding.
Too dangerous nowadays.
I still have 2 - 2004 Crf's in storage, I'll never ride them though.
Too many broken bones to think about doing that ever again.
I remember fondly riding in the hydro fields as a kid.
It was great until the cops came, :oops: your right.
Buggers chased us aswell. Someone always complained.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I used to ride a TW200 not a big off-road bike but it was a lot of fun. I started my son off at 6-year-old with a YZ80 He has hada lot of bikes and quads sense then. 🍋
Much better than a Gameboy :love:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I'm but a simple stoner but for the life of me I can't find where I vote for these pics lol. I voted for potm and notm but this one seems to be set up differently.
This one is chosen by staff votes, not by us

When can we submit new photos for the contests? I'd like to try my luck in September's contests.
The first page of each month's thread will have the rules and what to do to submit to that contest, the voting schedule including when submissions end and when voting starts and who votes.

Why not just use a larger pot? Trying to fit a certain space?
Yup, she would get too big and she's just a clone momma, Nodes are important only and a healthy plant. You wouldn't believe the picking with a chop stick how many tangled roots (could of went harder on her too) you clear out and dead ones as well. I put her back in the same pot to keep her vigorously growing and giving up offspring. At the end of the day, just another example of how tough these plants truly are, from full defoliation to root pruning, and high stress bending and training, the possibilities are what you need them to be with this tree. Be... Well

Congratulations to
:adore: August's Photo of the Month Winners :adore:

1st Place - @Trala

"Flowers in the Attic"

full

2nd Place - @HappyHazmat88

"Final Shot Before Chop"

full

3rd Place - @BeccaBuds

"Platinum Tahoe OG"

full

:welldone::welldone::welldone: