420 Magazine Sponsor Showoff With Dope Seeds, Bomb Seeds, Homegrown, Budget LED, PhotonTek & Gorilla

:ciao:
How are you going to know what produced the best plants? Was it the lights? The tent? The food? The breeder's themselves? It couldn't be the grower, could it?
I was just saying that it's tough to get a grow dialed-in when everything is constantly changing, but really, who am I to complain! :rofl:

WE HAVE 100% SINKAGE! :yahoo:

All twelve seeds sank after soaking for about 16 hours, so I transplanted all of them into some soil and put them in the Gorilla 2' x 4':

I actually planted all of these a little deeper than I probably should have, so if I don't see them pop in the next several days, I may start doing some excavating. :rolleyes:

Happy Harvests!

K

looking forward to the show krip :popcorn:

I am in for the grow , are they Auto's , Reg,s or ?? They do sound Good though !
Welcome, Brother!

It's pretty rare, though not unheard of, for me to grow anything that isn't photo & female and this grow is no exception! ;)

Because you were so insistent, I will watch. I grew THC Bomb last grow and was very impressed with the genetics. I also just started using a Budget 250 red spec as my light source, so I’m a fan of two of your sponsors.

WELCOME TO THE LARGEST
420 MAGAZINE SPONSORED GROW TO DATE

FEATURING SOME OF OUR TOP SEED, LIGHT, TENT & NUTRIENT SPONSORS

Strap yourselves in my 420 friends & family for what I believe will be 420 Magazine's largest sponsored grow to date, and is certainly going to be the largest one I've done, so far. It's rare that I would start a sponsored grow while I already have one in progress, but with the right timing, we should be able to make it work and, since I'm anxious to get this one started, let's get it started! :yahoo:

We reached out to some of our seed sponsors and I requested a few strains from each. They were all happy to help and we'll get to that list in just a second.

First, I want to give a special "Thanks" to Homegrown Cannabis Co. that had their seeds in my hands literally four days after making a last minute request when another seed sponsor's shipment didn't make it and was being returned to sender due to an incomplete address. So, thanks Homegrown Cannabis Co. for the extremely quick response! :thanks:

So, as you might have already guessed, one of the seed sponsors is Homegrown Cannabis Co. which is a breeder and new sponsor, and they look to have some great strains in their catalog. I do highly recommend checking them out!

The second seed sponsor, Bomb Seeds, is also a breeder. Their "claim to fame" is their proprietary Bomb Genetics that they cross with other specially selected genetics to maximize yields and THC.

The third seed sponsor we're featuring this grow, Dope Seeds, is a UK-based seedbank featuring seeds from some of the top breeders in the world. They have a huge selection of Regular, feminized, auto, & photoperiod seeds and always have some great promotions running.

Here's what they sent....

DOPE SEEDS:
  • Amnesia
  • Blueberry
  • OG Kush
  • White Widow

BOMB SEEDS:
  • Banana Bomb
  • Gorilla Bomb
  • Ice Bomb

HOMEGROWN CANNABIS CO.:
  • Cherry Pie
  • Hawaii x Purple Skunk
  • Super Silver Haze

Here's the group shot:

Unfortunately, I don't have enough space to do all of these strains, so I'm picking two from each and going to run those. Coincidentally, the six strains we'll be running are the first two listed for each of the sponsors (although, I listed alphabetically) including the Amnesia, Blueberry, Banana Bomb, Gorilla Bomb, Cherry Pie, and Hawaii x Purple Skunk:

I'll flower in two tents with four strains in my 4' x 4' and two strains in my 2' x 4' and all plants will be in #10 GeoPots (another sponsor) and using @GeoFlora Nutrients (you guessed it - another sponsor! :D ).

But, my 2' x 4' was only 5' tall and I didn't want those plants to be at a disadvantage, so we reached out to Gorilla Grow Tents and they were gracious enough to send a new full-size 2' x 4' with an extension kit. I don't really have the ceiling space to be able to install the extension kit but that's OK since, if I did, the plants in the 4' x 4' would then be at the disadvantage! :rofl: That being said, this grow is intended to showcase these strains and not make it a competition.

I've been wanting to try the Gorilla Tents for a while and I'm glad I now have the opportunity. This is one nice, solid, high-quality, light-proof tent with plenty of access ports for wires & ducting, two view windows on the front, sturdy reinforced zippers with extra wide pulls, and a mesh bag on the inside for small storage:

To go along with the new 2' x 4' Gorilla Grow tent, Budget LED provided one of their new Series 3 Full-Spectrum 250w dimmable grow lights with an XL heatsink. This is a very nice US-made light with an ultra slim profile that's dimmable from 30w - 255w:

(NOTE: I hope you all appreciate the position I had to get myself into to get this last pic! ^^^ :laugh: )

While we're in the Gorilla Tent here's a quick look at the duct work:

So, I'm going to start soaking these seeds tonight and get them in soil in the next 24 hours. The plan will be to veg them all in the new Gorilla tent for the next 30 days, or so. Right around then, I'll be harvesting the current grow from the 4' x 4' and, once that's done, I can move four of the plants from the Gorilla 2' x 4' into the 4' x 4' to finish vegging and then flower.

When I move the plants to the 4' x 4', we'll have another light to work with from PhotonTek - a brand spanking new X 465W Pro LED. I asked them to hold off on the shipping until I get closer to harvesting the last round, so I don't have any pictures for you, yet, but this is one hot light! Check this out:

That should be enough info to get everyone started. Let me know if you have any questions along the way and I look forward to having you all along for the ride.

Happy Harvests!

K

got my pen n notebook ready lesssss go!!!!!

QUICK UPDATE

Well, I was definitely correct when I said this:

I actually planted all of these a little deeper than I probably should have, so if I don't see them pop in the next several days, I may start doing some excavating. :rolleyes:

Since I had 12 seeds to plant, I did it quickly and differently than I normally do by poking all the holes using the eraser side of a pencil. I estimated the depth of the eraser with the metal piece connecting it to the wood should be about the right depth (1/4" or so) but I knew as soon as I dropped the seeds in the holes they were too deep.

I had the chance to correct the situation then and really should have done so since it would have been easier than the excavation I've done in the last couple of days after not seeing anything emerge. Plus, I measured the actual depth of that pencil end and it's about 5/8". When you add that to the soil settling, some of those seeds were 3/4", or more, deep. :thedoubletake:

Aside from a couple where I couldn't even find the seeds, which possibly were "eaten" by the active 2nd run soil they went into, it looks like I was able to save (and I do mean save! :D ) at least one of each strain. :yahoo::dude-knocking:

I'm still waiting on a couple to fully emerge and shed their shells before I get some pics but, by tomorrow, I think we'll be ready to start posting some plant pics.

Happy Harvests!

K

75% GERMINATION SUCCESS

Despite my planting all the seeds a little too deep, after excavating I've managed to get nine of the twelve seeds to germinate. Interestingly, it was three of four seeds for all three Sponsors, so only one seed from each didn't pop and those were one Banana Bomb, one Amnesia, and one Cherry Pie.

The Banana Bomb and Amnesia seeds appear to have been eaten by the soil. The Cherry Pie had a small tail but it was essentially in the process of being eaten so the tail was decomposing/rotting and couldn't be saved.

That being said, we do have at least one of each strain to work with, assuming I can keep them all healthy.

I'll get some updated pics up this weekend.

Happy Harvests!

K

Well that's still pretty good for the germination ! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks, Brother!

Not too bad, but, had I planted these correctly, I think the other Cherry Pie would have germinated. Probably nothing I could do about the two that got "eaten".

FINALLY SOME PLANT PICS!

Now that we have some actual plants, I figured it was time for some plant pics, so let's take a look at what we're working with....

First, the only plant/strain I'm a little concerned with, right now, is the Banana Bomb. Only one germinated and the cotyledons emerged pretty yellow & "shriveled" but there's some green growth showing the first leaves emerging, so I'm pretty sure she'll be OK. If not, I'll have to either germinate another or, possibly, just replace her with the extra Gorilla Bomb since both of those seedlings are very healthy.

Anyway, here's that Banana Bomb with the yellow cotyledons:

And, here are the two healthy Gorilla Bombs:

We also only had one Amnesia germinate and that one is very healthy, though, not the best pic :sorry: :

Both Blueberry seeds germinated and one has the same yellow cotyledons as the Banana Bomb, but not quite as bad, and should recover. The first one below is the healthy one and the second is the one that needs to catch up (really, I'll probably end up culling that second one and flowering the healthy one ;) ):

The one Cherry Pie that germinated is also very healthy, although, again, not the best pic :sorry: :

Finally, we have two healthy Hawaii x Purple Skunk:

Things will likely be moving slow over the next couple of weeks while these seedlings put out some roots and get some foliage but I'll keep things updated so keep checking in!

Happy Harvests!

K

First, the only plant/strain I'm a little concerned with, right now, is the Banana Bomb. Only one germinated and the cotyledons emerged pretty yellow & "shriveled" but there's some green growth showing the first leaves emerging, so I'm pretty sure she'll be OK. If not, I'll have to either germinate another or, possibly, just replace her with the extra Gorilla Bomb since both of those seedlings are very healthy.
Shorty after posting the above I decided it wasn't worth waiting. The good folks at @Bomb Seeds were generous enough to send five seeds of each strain, and, even though I'm pretty sure the Banana Bomb will grow out of it's issues, I wanted to make very sure I had a good seedling to work with and this one didn't end up stunted. So, I started soaking another Banana Bomb seed last night that was transplanted into soil earlier this evening, and hopefully we have better luck with this one. The Banana Bomb is the @Bomb Seeds strain I'm most anxious to try. Here's their description:

Take Cover – Banana Bomb Incoming!

For straight up power and impact there is nothing quite like Banana Bomb. To pass the Bomb Seeds test any new strain has to be more than just potent, it has to be the complete package, strength, yield and an amazing taste to boot. Banana Bomb ticks every box.

We have crossed our award winning signature THC Bomb with the stickiest of Banana Kush mothers to create the smoothest Kush hybrid out there. As both parents were already well known for both their yield and power, we wanted to ensure that we hit the holy trinity with a taste that is of equal calibre; and in its three year breeding program we cracked it. Massive buds spring from every branch and sit beautifully covered in crystals, but it’s the aroma that is truly special. The sweet tropical banana scent lies heavily on the air from the very first stage of flowering, evolving into a more spicy “classic Kush” aroma yet still maintaining the sweet fruitiness that’s so unique.

It is a strong variety of cannabis, have no doubt. Even in basic setups with normal soil and little feeding you can expect very satisfactory yields of flowers that will clock in at over 20% THC.

This strain will hold onto its more established indica stone although it is particularly felt as more of a head buzz to start with. It’s not an instant couch lock and will definitely leave you able to contemplate the world even after extended use. That being said, the more calming, sedative qualities of the Kush lineage will mean that even though your mind stays active you may still prefer a comfy couch to chill on.

When grown indoors take some consideration to training because, although it’s not a huge plant, it can stretch if left to its own devices. Normally topping out at around 120-140 cms indoors, if you grow outdoors with plenty of sunlight and good soil this fruity lady will often get 3m or more in height.

Banana Bomb is exactly what you need if you are looking for a big potent strain but want to take it to another level of flavour – Mmmmm tasty!

Back
Top Bottom