3rd Grow: NYC Diesel & LA Confidential, Using Geoflora Nutrients

You could have worse problems, if that's your worst fear you're doing pretty well. Lol. They look great Costanza. Pistils! Yay!! One question - do you have anything square-ish and solid that you could put atop that bucket and raise the plant in the front right up to the same height as the other three? You might be happier with those buds if you do...Just a suggestion. Obviously it would have to be something way solid. I use brick pavers.
You read my mind Jon, I've been looking for something to put under that plant but had to go to a party last night and completely forgot about it. Thank you for reminding me. Quick question for ya, I know its very 50/50 with most people on pruning, but I'm afraid these plants are gonna get too bushy and I don't wanna risk getting mold when they start to bud. Do you prune at all during the beginning of flowering? I had asked someone on my last journal but instead of giving me a correct answer they linked some forum post with 40,000 comments arguing for or against pruning and ain't nobody got time for that.

You read my mind Jon, I've been looking for something to put under that plant but had to go to a party last night and completely forgot about it. Thank you for reminding me. Quick question for ya, I know its very 50/50 with most people on pruning, but I'm afraid these plants are gonna get too bushy and I don't wanna risk getting mold when they start to bud. Do you prune at all during the beginning of flowering? I had asked someone on my last journal but instead of giving me a correct answer they linked some forum post with 40,000 comments arguing for or against pruning and ain't nobody got time for that.
Well, I think you just asked a question that'll get you more different answers than just about anything you could ask. Lol. I can tell you how I think about it, but you'll get TONS of different answers on this one. So for me, I have at this point settled into a thing with pruning where I try to read the plants individually, and then if it's a tent grow like yours look at the whole after that. I go with less is more. Every time I take more, I get problems. When I take less I do not. Generally. So I've settled on less is more. Mostly I don't worry about bud rot till I see how the buds are forming and stacking, cuz before that what's gonna rot? And almost always it's not really an issue with proper air flow and rh control. I definitely take leaves to let light hit emerging bud sites and buds, and I take large fan leaves as they begin to die off on their own anyway, but I kind of feel if the leaf is viable I'm gonna keep it unless it's blocking light or air flow. One way I test air flow is to turn off all fans except whatever one is blowing up through an individual plant, and place my hand in the middle of that plant's canopy. I should feel significant air flow. I also almost always have a dedicated fan on each plant for that purpose, and that helps to mitigate moisture a LOT. With your situation I personally would have four smaller fans, one under each plant blowing up through, in addition to your big boy which appears to oscillate as my big boy does. Love those. I have also found that a simple change in the way I think about these things helps. The tent is a system. Not a tent. It works with the outside environment, also a system. Your job is to tune the system using the tools for that it provides you in concert with the outside environment so that Rh is never an issue. Way easier said than done, but little things like maybe two more clicks up on the exhaust fan, or maybe all the fans inside on high instead of medium, etc....little things like that are the fine tuning points of the system. In my case, part of my system of Rh maintenance includes whether or not I open the door from the garage to the house and also how far the garage door is open. That's how I've learned I can "tune" the humidity in the garage itself, to make the system in the tent as efficient as possible in that regard. I guess that's a long winded way of saying I worry more about making sure my air flow and Rh are in line than I do about bud rot, at least in a tent, cuz I have found if I do, then the Rh is not an issue and thus bud rot is not an issue. Never once had it in a tent.

For what it's worth. Lol.

To answer more directly, I'd wait til I see where the buds are gonna be before I pruned in your grow. That's gonna help you target your pruning.

I was over thinking things. Woke up and realized what I was looking for was right in front of my face an extra bucket. Plants are all same height now with an extra bucket under the smallest now.
20211221_072613.jpg
20211221_072600.jpg

I was over thinking things. Woke up and realized what I was looking for was right in front of my face an extra bucket. Plants are all same height now with an extra bucket under the smallest now.
20211221_072613.jpg
20211221_072600.jpg
Now you're talking.

The lst clips arrived. I didnt really wanna mess with these after flipping last week but I'm afraid if I dont do something about this Maui it's going to cause problems down the road. Bend a few stalks to try and even out the canopy but still not too crazy about doing any lst during the start of flowering. Maybe it's fine I might be overthinking it all.
20211221_143257.jpg
20211221_143246.jpg

yesterday I noticed a flaw in my tent. When my lights went out, my tent window was still open so I went to shut the flap and noticed some light coming from inside my tent. Turns out the little surge protector that I have my lights and fans hooked up to has a green light that I can't see when the LED lights are on and had no idea there was a light on this surge. Woke up this morning and covered the light up with duct tape. Hopefully this didn't have any effect on my dark cycle.

yesterday I noticed a flaw in my tent. When my lights went out, my tent window was still open so I went to shut the flap and noticed some light coming from inside my tent. Turns out the little surge protector that I have my lights and fans hooked up to has a green light that I can't see when the LED lights are on and had no idea there was a light on this surge. Woke up this morning and covered the light up with duct tape. Hopefully this didn't have any effect on my dark cycle.
Hope they are OK my friend. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Hope they are OK my friend. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill
I think they will be fine, the light is not very bright its just a tiny power light on the surge protector and it was a lot lower than the plants canopy so I don't think its gonna herm the plants. If I wake up to some bananas this week I will have learned my lesson

I think they will be fine, the light is not very bright its just a tiny power light on the surge protector and it was a lot lower than the plants canopy so I don't think its gonna herm the plants. If I wake up to some bananas this week I will have learned my lesson
I had a similar experience and never had a problem. :thumb:
Live and learn.

Stay safe

I had a similar thing happen, but my protector was a red-light. The plant closest to the light didn't flower when flipped, until I covered the little red light. The other Sativa got bananas late in flower....maybe related, maybe not. The two indicas never missed a beat

I had a similar thing happen, but my protector was a red-light. The plant closest to the light didn't flower when flipped, until I covered the little red light. The other Sativa got bananas late in flower....maybe related, maybe not. The two indicas never missed a beat
Hopefully I caught it in time. The plants are still pretty early in flower they were just flipped 2 weeks ago.

Hope they're ok, C, I'd watch them. If you ever saw my scrog that went hermie on my first grow journal here, I figured out that happened due to a similar green light on my dehumidifier which I somehow missed. Only in my case it was on every night for all of flower till I discovered the seeds. You're much better off, but I'd watch them close anyway.

Hope they're ok, C, I'd watch them. If you ever saw my scrog that went hermie on my first grow journal here, I figured out that happened due to a similar green light on my dehumidifier which I somehow missed. Only in my case it was on every night for all of flower till I discovered the seeds. You're much better off, but I'd watch them close anyway.
Yeah I also noticed a light on my dehumidifier and covered that up too. I think I'm gonna be ok it I might have caught it in time. Buds starting to form now and noticing a little bit of resin production which is very thrilling this early since I didnt notice any on the last grow until at least week 5 of flower.
20211228_085801.jpg

Nice plants, good pick up on the hidden lights on at lights off, electrical tape is your friend.

Are you finding the photoperiod easier to grow than autos?
Thanks, yes I think the photos are easier to grow and more predictable and if you screw up like I did allows for enough time to fix them. When I was growing autos all the mistakes I made were amplified once they started flowering. The last batch I ran I didnt give enough nitrogen at the transition and ended up with puny buds and pale looking leaves. High hopes for this one especially the tall Maui in the back left

So I've decided that I am going to dry and cure the two NYC diesel and the maui and I am going to fresh freeze the La Confidential, run it through a bubble wash and then press the hash into rosin. Saw a live rosin video a few months ago and I've been obsessed with it since .

Yeah I also noticed a light on my dehumidifier and covered that up too. I think I'm gonna be ok it I might have caught it in time. Buds starting to form now and noticing a little bit of resin production which is very thrilling this early since I didnt notice any on the last grow until at least week 5 of flower.
20211228_085801.jpg
Nice. That's the new light in there, yes? Think that has something to do with seeing frost earlier?

Nice. That's the new light in there, yes? Think that has something to do with seeing frost earlier?
This will be the second run with the light, but I really don't wanna count my last grow it was pathetic but I learned a lot from it. On the last one I was somehow confused by thinking that the light was causing my plants leaves to droop and turn yellow when it was the PH of the soil that was off and causing issues. I kept messing with the light intensity and my plants looked like shit and the buds barely had any trichomes. On this grow I started them off with the dimmer on low and then gradually raised the dimmer and tried to go off of a light meter instead of the manufacturers instructions. I just turned my light up to 100% a few days ago.

This will be the second run with the light, but I really don't wanna count my last grow it was pathetic but I learned a lot from it. On the last one I was somehow confused by thinking that the light was causing my plants leaves to droop and turn yellow when it was the PH of the soil that was off and causing issues. I kept messing with the light intensity and my plants looked like shit and the buds barely had any trichomes. On this grow I started them off with the dimmer on low and then gradually raised the dimmer and tried to go off of a light meter instead of the manufacturers instructions. I just turned my light up to 100% a few days ago.
Gotcha. Well you obviously learned a lot. In my experience the light and proper placement, as well as proper intensity, has a ton to do with trichome production. Good stuff man. Now you gotta figure out how to use it at 100% from start to finish. Lol. I have never used a dimmer, all my lights have them. Lmao.

Back
Top Bottom