1st Grow, Bagseed, CFL's..

yeah guys digital is definitely the way to go. I would definitely rather spend an extra $70 once, than an extra $20-30 a month in electric usage, especially if i plan on vegging 24/7 with a MH bulb every couple of months.

I currently have 2 sets of light hangers, so the only thing that looked cool was the light timer.. But right now I don't really see a need for one as I have it scheduled for 8:30am/pm, and I'm always home at that time.

So, an update on the plants. I went down and checked them out before I shut the lights off this morning and I've been monitoring the upper nodes very closely to see signs of sex. One of the runs actually appears to have female characteristics. I believe it's still a bit soon, but I tried taking some pics of them so the pros can check it out, as I've never seen a cannabis plant in person before I started growing them.

I went to Home Depot yesterday with the lady to check out some tile for a table we plan to make, and checked out some new bulbs.. Didn't really get anywhere with it as I was pretty stoned when i went in there lol. I'll have to try again later hahaha.

On to the pics.. They're a bit blurry, I'll have to get my tripod down there and take some better ones. Only a couple of plants are showing possible signs, but only one of the pics actually turned out good, so here it is. Let me know if you guys think these are possible pistils or just regular growth.

9-13-09_001.jpg

K20 - My grow is not doing well at all because I burnt the shit out of them with fertilizer. I started out with three seedlings and if I'm lucky I'll save one of them. The Ph level are low. Since they are growing in gallon containers I'll add 3 teaspoons of lime to each the next time I water. I have been foliage feeding twice a day with worm castings mixed with another organic fertilizer attempting to make up for the humidity The lighting has been cut to 400 flro Watts. I was using close 900 Watts.

Thanks for the help

TheCriMsonK20, appears to be more reg growth. You will see the unmistakable white hairs when it is time. Be patient bro. On the upside, MDVL's three fem plants are showing bud hairs. Gonna have to pick up a 600 watt cool tube soon. Keep up the great work, plants are looking very healthy.

TheCriMsonK20, appears to be more reg growth. You will see the unmistakable white hairs when it is time. Be patient bro. On the upside, MDVL's three fem plants are showing bud hairs. Gonna have to pick up a 600 watt cool tube soon. Keep up the great work, plants are looking very healthy.
yeah i figured it was still too early to tell the signs but it hasn't kept me from inspecting them every day for any changes.

So, I have a question regarding watering. Is it better to water before or after the lights go on? Lately I've been watering after I turn the lights on, but I can't recall reading anywhere on which is better, or if there is a preference at all.

I watered yesterday when the lights came on

TheCriMsonK20, I wait until the lights come on, that way I get all the water in the pots, and not on the grow room floor...:)
well, i wouldn't water in the dark but I was trying to find some info on when the plant takes up the most water and if it would be good to water them right before you turn the lights off.. I'm not really finding much information on it though.

TheCriMsonK20, I know bro, just joking, I do water in the AM when the lights come on, then again during the day as needed. I don't do a heavy watering until the plants roots are large and I know they fill up the containers. Just do it by feel, pick up the pots and try and judge weight, and feel the soil for moisture.

TheCriMsonK20, I know bro, just joking, I do water in the AM when the lights come on, then again during the day as needed. I don't do a heavy watering until the plants roots are large and I know they fill up the containers. Just do it by feel, pick up the pots and try and judge weight, and feel the soil for moisture.
yeah i figured over watering would be where I would fail, but surprisingly, my plants haven't ever showed signs of over/under watering. I just water them as needed when the soil is dry an inch or so deep. I'll be picking up some tiger bloom tomorrow, so I'll be able to start feeding them with the next watering. Hopefully my problems don't start now lol

thanks for stoppin by norm.

I'm going to throw up a pic update tonight once the lights come back on since its been a week since the last one. 1 week with the lights running 12/12.. I hope to see some sexing soon so I can make some room. They have been growing like crazy, so I might just attempt to take a couple of clones and hope the plant ends up being female. Worst case scenario, I get male clones, and the cloning practice I need for the future.

It's either that or plant some new seeds, and I'm rather impatient when it comes to vegging lol.

yeah I'm hoping that's the case.. I think one of them is starting to show some small white hairs. They weren't there the other day, I tried to take a picture of it, but it didn't turn out that good, I'll throw it up anyway. The plant next to it, which was the monster of the bunch, the biggest, fastest growing plant, looks to be a male. I don't know if it's just new growth or what, but it kind of looks to me like male flowers forming..

Again, i might be jumping the gun on this, but that's whats fun about your first grow, all the suspense! ;)

Here is the possible female, i marked where the hairs are forming.. let me know what you think
9-15-09_008.JPG

Here is the possible male, are those male flowers forming or just new leaves?
9-15-09_002.JPG

and here are some random pics i shot last night of them.
9-15-09_001.JPG

9-15-09_003.JPG

9-15-09_004.JPG

9-15-09_005.JPG

9-15-09_006.JPG

Im loving this shot, it's starting to look like a sea of green :grinjoint:
9-15-09_007.JPG

TheCriMsonK20, bud, those plants of yours are looking excellant. Can't quite tell on the gender yet, maybe a few more days. I have a feeling your are gonna have lots of bud tops soon enough though! Keep up the great work bro, looking very encouraging.

thanks dude, I'm hoping they start showing something soon. The tops have been growing quite a bit, so they will need tied down again. I can't wait until I'm running an HPS so i can tie them down more frequently :bong:

I have a bondage problem ;)

Back
Top Bottom