1st Grow, Bagseed, CFL's..

TheCriMsonK20, you certainly have taken excellant care of them bro, plants are looking very healthy. Tie the mothers down! It has helped our two Unknowns (Jamaicans) produce many more bud sites. Keepin an eye on this one bro, gotta see how those beauties turn out. Keep up the excellant work bro!

thanks dude! I'm seeing tons of new growth since i tied them down, It's insane how much they turn into a bush when you do that. Yesterday I hung the mylar up around 3 sides of the grow box, and it really helped focus more of the light to the plants. I also tied down the biggest plant some more and added one of the 45W CFL's on it and focused it towards the lower growth and the newly opened up space. I can already see the new growth stretching up to form new colas so I'm really hoping this plant turns out to be a lady.

I'm going to throw up a pic update either tonight or tomorrow.

Also, since all the plants have pretty much grown to the same height, I was able to get the lights closer to the runts, so they should stop stretching and start beefing up. They're about 6-8 inches tall and only have about 3 nodes. the other 4 grew very close to the ground since i had the light like an inch away from them. But all in all everything is doing well.

I wanted to start flowering next Tuesday as it will be 45 days in veg. I would honestly like to start flowering now, but I think the two runts are too small for it to be worth it.. Even if they do turn female, I wouldn't get too much from them as they are super small plants. What do you guys think? Is it worth letting them grow another week then turn off the lights, or will they end up beefing up during flowering enough to make it worth it?

I think it'll be worth it to veg 1 more week. Make sure you take into account the flowering stretch. Keep up the good work, bro.
the general rule for the flower stretch is about twice the size right? Is that even the case with CFL's?

I think if i start flipping the lights next week, i'll let them start flowering for a week and then i'll be able to get some nutes and a reliable ph tester and then I'll probably start feeding them a week into flower.

So, 5 more days in veg, 7 days in flower, then the feeding starts. Sound like a solid plan? I might move the CFL's to the smaller plants to give them a bit more light hoping they will grow a bit more than usual in the next 5 days.

The only thing I'm worrying about is the general word on here is that males grow a bit faster than females, and considering 4 of my plants are all growing at the same speed, and 2 are growing really slowly, i don't want to end up with 4 big males and 2 small females..

but then again, those 2 plants could also be a different strain as my bag seed was from 3 or 4 different bags from 3 or 4 different locations.

With that schedule, and giving 8 weeks flower time, the estimated harvest should be November 3rd. Man that's a long wait, but hopefully it will be worth it. I don't know if i wan't to take clones off any of these yet, maybe I'll just wait until they show sex and then ill start cloning. I still need to figure out another place to veg clones or new seedlings.. the main issue is I don't want to take any lighting from the flowering room and im not sure if i want to invest in any more fluorescents as i want to go HID very soon.

looking good...ya runts i would wait the week they still small... stretch has a lot to do with strain...I found most I have done have tripled in size when I put them in flower room..I came to same cross road just recently...do i spend more on cfl's for flower room or go HPS ...and to tell ya truth...if i am going to wait 60 days i want lots of ounces not just enough to almost last me till next harvest. I smoke a lot of meds now... three times what i would if i was paying for it.

Mine has roughly doubled in size, most of that was the first 2-3 weeks of flowering; after that she just began to fill out instead of up (still grew another inch the last few weeks).

CFL's seem to work great for vegging and you can get some very tight nodal spacing with the proper illumination. Your plan sounds fine too.

looking good...ya runts i would wait the week they still small... stretch has a lot to do with strain...I found most I have done have tripled in size when I put them in flower room..I came to same cross road just recently...do i spend more on cfl's for flower room or go HPS ...and to tell ya truth...if i am going to wait 60 days i want lots of ounces not just enough to almost last me till next harvest. I smoke a lot of meds now... three times what i would if i was paying for it.
yeah dude i feel ya on that.. It takes a lot of time and patience, why not maximize your return? I'll be picking up a 600W HPS for next grows flowering and I'll still use CFL's for vegging. I think that will provide a good balance as far as power usage goes, as I vegged 6 plants only using 160W until now and I'm only using 205W.

Looking great man + rep. Im in!
Thanks for checkin out my grow dude!

Mine has roughly doubled in size, most of that was the first 2-3 weeks of flowering; after that she just began to fill out instead of up (still grew another inch the last few weeks).

CFL's seem to work great for vegging and you can get some very tight nodal spacing with the proper illumination. Your plan sounds fine too.
Good to know. Which nutes did you use for flowering?

here's a pic update as of this morning.

Moved the lights up to get a good canopy shot
9-4-2009_0001.jpg

9-4-2009_002.jpg

9-4-2009_004.jpg

9-4-2009_005.jpg

9-4-2009_006.jpg

9-4-2009_007.jpg

Notice the spots on the fan leaves on the right? Not sure what that is, but It's only on that one leaf, and it hasn't really progressed at all, so I don't think it's anything to worry about.
9-4-2009_008.jpg

9-4-2009_009.jpg

another pic update. These things have been growing like crazy the past few days, must have been the watering.

I got to tie down one of the runts, the other is still a little too small.

9-6-2009_001.jpg

9-6-2009_010.jpg

smallest runt
9-6-2009_007.jpg

newly tied runt. This one really surprised me as it was the plant that did nothing for 2 weeks after it broke soil. The past few days, it has been growing like crazy, and I hope it starts bushing out well now that its tied down.
9-6-2009_008.jpg

super macro of a new top
9-6-2009_003.jpg

9-6-2009_006.jpg

9-6-2009_002.jpg

9-6-2009_009.jpg

And finally, the biggest one. Look at how much its turning into a jungle. I REALLY hope this one turns out to be female.
9-6-2009_005.jpg

9-6-2009_004.jpg

update.. i just got done tying the last one down, so 6/6 have gone through LST. Im going to shut the lights off tonight to give them a full 24hrs darkness and then start 12/12. i think ill leave the lights on at night, as I'm never at home during the day, so they can sleep then. I trimmed a couple of fan leaves off 2 of the plants as they have been looking like a bug ate through them in several places and they're shading the new growth a bit more than I would like. Otherwise, the crop is looking very healthy and is doing very well. No pictures today since i threw some up yesterday. Nothing has changed, just the average day's growth.

we have one week of flowering before i start feeding them tiger bloom at 1/4 strength, and then each feed i will increase the strength by 1/4 until I'm at full strength.

I can't wait until they start showing their sex. I'm only growing females to the end, so it will be nice to free up some space in my grow box and give the ladies more room to breathe and more light.

Still aiming for the end of October, early November for harvest. I don't think I'm going to bother cloning right now. I want to get this grow under my belt and then get my shit together for the next one so I can grow bigger and better. The only thing I might contemplate doing is revegging depending on how nice the plants turn out. If they're heavy yielders then I will want to keep the strain alive since I have no idea which seeds came from where.

Back
Top Bottom