1st Grow, Bagseed, CFL's..

Thanks for stopping by OldMedMan!

I'm hoping for a lot of ladies. The plants have had no stress at all the entire grow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's crazy how cheap my setup was to build.

PVC pipe: ~$20
Soil: <$15
Mylar: $20
Lighting: $45
Buckets: <$10
Nutrients: $15
PH Tester: $20

Total: Around $125.. Which is what i spend for 1/4z that provides about 2 weeks worth of smoke.

Hopefully I can get 1-2oz total from this grow depending on how many ladies I get, but statistically speaking, if I get 2oz from the harvest, I will have saved myself $835 in buying meds off the street.

Very good investment in my opinion. Out of that $835 saved, I will have no problem getting a 600W HPS ;)

Thanks for stopping by OldMedMan!

I'm hoping for a lot of ladies. The plants have had no stress at all the entire grow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's crazy how cheap my setup was to build.

PVC pipe: ~$20
Soil: <$15
Mylar: $20
Lighting: $45
Buckets: <$10
Nutrients: $15
PH Tester: $20

Total: Around $125.. Which is what i spend for 1/4z that provides about 2 weeks worth of smoke.

Hopefully I can get 1-2oz total from this grow depending on how many ladies I get, but statistically speaking, if I get 2oz from the harvest, I will have saved myself $835 in buying meds off the street.

Very good investment in my opinion. Out of that $835 saved, I will have no problem getting a 600W HPS ;)

Believe me I follow your logic exactly. I have done the numbers for my grow and came up with the same conclusion.
Wish I could get 1/4 for $125. That's an 1/8 price here.:thedoubletake:

I think you will end up with much more than 2 oz.:grinjoint:

TheCriMsonK20, We have ~$2000 into our grow including electric so far, but between the 11 plants we hope to gross 50-60 ozs. That would more than pay for equipment and expenses, with a bit left over for future expansion. Keep up the great work bro. ^5

Believe me I follow your logic exactly. I have done the numbers for my grow and came up with the same conclusion.
Wish I could get 1/4 for $125. That's an 1/8 price here.:thedoubletake:

I think you will end up with much more than 2 oz.:grinjoint:
anything more than 2oz will just be like finding gold haha. This is the first time I've ever been able to sprout a plant from seed, regardless of the plant type. I'm really shocked at how well the plants are doing, It just goes to show how valuable the information on here really is.

sorry to hear your prices out there, the most I ever payed was recently I shelled out 75 an 8th. It was some of the best bud I have ever smoked though, so it was worth it. But damn, i would be smoking dirt if it was that much here.

TheCriMsonK20, We have ~$2000 into our grow including electric so far, but between the 11 plants we hope to gross 50-60 ozs. That would more than pay for equipment and expenses, with a bit left over for future expansion. Keep up the great work bro. ^5

NICE DUDE! I can't even imagine the work going into harvesting 50-60oz. One day i hope to start growing big to actually help people other than myself. This is a very addicting hobby, very relaxing, and I would take a career change without thinking twice if it meant i got to play with these lovely plants all day. 11 plants isn't really that much considering the amount of return you will get out of it. I can't wait to see the final results!

How much lighting do you have going on for those 11 plants?

TheCriMsonK20, we are using a 400watt HPS cool tube in the flowering chamber, and CFL's in the other two chambers. Somewhere around 14-16 CFL's total. All are 6500k right now, going to switch over to 2700k in a day or so as 4 of the autoflowers are female and are starting the bud cycle. I have kept them under 6500k in order to try and promote more growth as sunshine is a flighty commodity here lately..lol. Good luck on your grow, I'll be checkin in on it for sure.

TheCriMsonK20, we are using a 400watt HPS cool tube in the flowering chamber, and CFL's in the other two chambers. Somewhere around 14-16 CFL's total. All are 6500k right now, going to switch over to 2700k in a day or so as 4 of the autoflowers are female and are starting the bud cycle. I have kept them under 6500k in order to try and promote more growth as sunshine is a flighty commodity here lately..lol. Good luck on your grow, I'll be checkin in on it for sure.
wow, If i can manage to get a 600W HPS and play my cards right, my harvest numbers will be up there with yours.

I don't know what I would do with 50oz though.. I guess I'll just have to start smoking more lol

TheCriMson, we plan on keeping aside a little of each for our own use. Sell the rest to the needy, and still make out quite well. A 600w will do you very well bro. Will keep checkin in to see how your grow progresses.

So, I must inform you guys that my babies loved their 24 hours of darkness. I know it's only been 2 days since the last picture update, but they grew so much since then and have many new possible bud sites forming. I took 2 shots of each plant, so enjoy them ;)

I'm starting to grow attached to each plant. It will be a sad day killing the males.

9-8-2009_001.jpg

9-8-2009_002.jpg

9-8-2009_003.jpg

9-8-2009_004.jpg

9-8-2009_005.jpg

9-8-2009_006.jpg

9-8-2009_007.jpg

9-8-2009_008.jpg

9-8-2009_009.jpg

9-8-2009_010.jpg

9-8-2009_011.jpg

9-8-2009_012.jpg

They're going to need tied down again very soon. I watered them all today after I turned the lights on, and maybe tomorrow I'll tie them down some more and watch them explode

dude if i could pull 16oz off my first grow, i think i would die a happy man :laughtwo:

I'm hoping your predictions are as good as your grows! :slide:

I definitely plan to LST them at any chance I possibly can.. I did manage to break one of my 45W CFL's today.. The reflector I was using had a shitty clamp and i bumped into it and it shattered on the cement floor. I decided not to use that reflector anymore in hopes to not break another one.

I need to get some warmer bulbs anyway, so next week when i pick up the nutes, I'm going to grab some 2700k tubes and at least one ~25w CFL per plant to focus on the lower growth. I know the 160W of shop tubing I have can veg 6 plants very nicely, so I'll just pick up warmer CFL's so I can use them also in the future.

I couldn't figuar out how to reply

Thanks Buddy / Buditt,
The problem is I can't can't keep the humidity & temp. constant. My fan is set to blow under the door but when I use it the humidity drops to about 40%. If i don't use the fan the humidity will get to 80% and the temp. will go to 90 degrees. Since I've got 1,000 watts of floro now how much light do you think I can cut and still be alright? That may solve my heat problem.

Many Thanks
Alpha1

Re: I couldn't figuar out how to reply

Thanks Buddy / Buditt,
The problem is I can't can't keep the humidity & temp. constant. My fan is set to blow under the door but when I use it the humidity drops to about 40%. If i don't use the fan the humidity will get to 80% and the temp. will go to 90 degrees. Since I've got 1,000 watts of floro now how much light do you think I can cut and still be alright? That may solve my heat problem.

Many Thanks
Alpha1
how many plants do you have growing now? I would say that 40% humidity is great for them. I'm only running 160W of power for 6 plants, and they are loving it.

So, not much of an update with the plants, just the usual growth, although I have been talking with a few friends, and the person I get my high grade from, and they are willing to give clones of any of the smoke I've got from them.

I'm excited about this, as I will have some VERY good strains pretty soon. I think after the first harvest for the clones, I will try to make them sprout bananas to get some femmed seeds from them, that way I always have the genetics.

If you start getting clones and preserving genetics, you're gonna need to get a hid light. You can keep em for a veg room, but I don't think cfl's are gonna cut it flowering that many plants.

If you start getting clones and preserving genetics, you're gonna need to get a hid light. You can keep em for a veg room, but I don't think cfl's are gonna cut it flowering that many plants.
yeah that's definitely the plan. I'm looking at a 600W HPS/MH switchable as it's only a few more dollars than an HPS light and would be a lot less hassle than running the shop lights. I'm sure they will veg A LOT faster under the MH too. I might just keep the fluorescent lights for a separate veg chamber for seedlings and small clones.

The light I'm looking at is only $200 and comes with a 6" cool tube, both MH and HPS bulbs, a timer, and hangers. Not a bad deal at all. I think I'll pick it up right after I harvest as I won't need to buy herb that month ;)

TheCriMsonK20, you are gonna love the cooltube, and a 600 watt'r to boot! Such a big difference having more light per square foot. MDVL and I are talking about another cool tube, probably 440 watt, but maybe 600. $200 bucks!, hell that is a great deal bro. We paid ~$300 for our setup. Curious, are you getting a digital ballast with it?

So, not much of an update with the plants, just the usual growth, although I have been talking with a few friends, and the person I get my high grade from, and they are willing to give clones of any of the smoke I've got from them.

I'm excited about this, as I will have some VERY good strains pretty soon. I think after the first harvest for the clones, I will try to make them sprout bananas to get some femmed seeds from them, that way I always have the genetics.

I need friends like that:grinjoint:

I can't do it this grow as all my (4) plants are femmed , but my next grow will be who knows what different and I should have a male (hope they won't all be male) and I'm going to be seeding a bud or two. I would feel much better with a few back up seeds. :bong:

Thanks for such an interesting grow. :peace:

TheCriMsonK20, you are gonna love the cooltube, and a 600 watt'r to boot! Such a big difference having more light per square foot. MDVL and I are talking about another cool tube, probably 440 watt, but maybe 600. $200 bucks!, hell that is a great deal bro. We paid ~$300 for our setup. Curious, are you getting a digital ballast with it?
thats the thing, its not a digital ballast. The digital one is like $270.. which, for an extra $70, i might just go for that, as it will perform much better in the long run.

Looking good ...ya might as well and digital one's are said to save up to 30% electric normally used with non-digital :passitleft: ... I saw some that came with timer and light hangers.....but saw non-digital ballast as well as cheap bulbs. So fine print told me money was better spent on energy saving ballast and better bulb . I ended up spending 60 bucks more for one i got than cheap one

Back
Top Bottom