Two Autos 450 Actual Watts LED FF Happy Frog Soil

First thing you do before you even plant the germinated seed is to soak the soil and use a saponin like Yucca or aloe vera as a wetting agent and thoroughly soak your soil.
Do that the day you start germinating seeds, then 24 to 36 hours later when the seeds are ready, you plant into the pot.
For about 10 days you water in a circle around the seedling to get the roots to reach out and you just water the plant not the pot for the first 2 weeks.
About week 3 you water the pot good with a wetting agent (yucca) good deep watering.
And from that point on you should probably be watering deep until run off about every 2 to 3 days.
By the time you're a week into flower you will probably need to water well every day or at least every other day.

When you pour let's say a cup or two of water all at once onto your soil, how long does it take for it to completely disappear?

With mine its literally like I am pouring it through a screen door it disappears as I am pouring it and the last drop out of the cup is gone in like 1 second.
If I were you on your next grow I would add some biochar and pumice and rice hulls to your Fox Farms soil to make about 25% or more of the soil as aeration.

If your soil is really good with plenty of aeration then you can't overwater in a fabric pot.
I watered four days ago now and now the plants look good and the soil is wet under the top inch or two of dirt. I didn’t know about a wetting agent. When I water it pools up on top and drains down into the soil kind of slow.
When you fill your pots with dirt do you pack it down at all?

I watered four days ago now and now the plants look good and the soil is wet under the top inch or two of dirt. I didn’t know about a wetting agent. When I water it pools up on top and drains down into the soil kind of slow.
When you fill your pots with dirt do you pack it down at all?

The saponins help soil that is hydrophobic absorb more water so you don't have dry spots.
Also helps feed the mycorrhazae.
No I dont pack it down.
But about 30% of my soil is aeration in the form of biochar, pumice and rice hulls plus I have hundreds of worms aerating the soil and bringing oxygen to the roots.

The saponins help soil that is hydrophobic absorb more water so you don't have dry spots.
Also helps feed the mycorrhazae.
No I dont pack it down.
But about 30% of my soil is aeration in the form of biochar, pumice and rice hulls plus I have hundreds of worms aerating the soil and bringing oxygen to the roots.

Ok I don’t pack my dirt either I just let water and gravity. Next time around I’m gonna get some yucca extract for my soil.

Check them out now. The seedling is doing great. Just happy frog soil and plain ph’d 6.5water no nutrients for the first 30 days.

Crop King Seeds

I just started adding a little nitrogen for the auto # 1 and the blue dream photo.
C1C30A34-8E6C-45DC-B116-395EADBA3F01.jpeg
647E5070-AE57-4AC6-A3D5-00E72B953548.jpeg
E4082041-EAC6-4293-9692-8C313D784B5E.jpeg
5533DC86-98DC-4785-B0FA-EDC0A56769EC.jpeg
2E0DA1C6-6E1F-4997-AF61-BABF9E479E3E.jpeg
D7C46D13-B4BB-4862-BE4A-052284E6551F.jpeg

How high should my light be. I’m only using one because two is probably what stunted them along with overwatering. And a jacked up transplant from solo cups. I’m rough on seedlings. It’s so hard to just leave them alone.

How high would you hang one mars eco 98 above these plants? The true wattage is about 215
30" and gradually move to 24"

Ok I don’t pack my dirt either I just let water and gravity. Next time around I’m gonna get some yucca extract for my soil.

Check them out now. The seedling is doing great. Just happy frog soil and plain ph’d 6.5water no nutrients for the first 30 days.

Crop King Seeds

I just started adding a little nitrogen for the auto # 1 and the blue dream photo.
C1C30A34-8E6C-45DC-B116-395EADBA3F01.jpeg
647E5070-AE57-4AC6-A3D5-00E72B953548.jpeg
E4082041-EAC6-4293-9692-8C313D784B5E.jpeg
5533DC86-98DC-4785-B0FA-EDC0A56769EC.jpeg
D7C46D13-B4BB-4862-BE4A-052284E6551F.jpeg
If I were you I would water probably 4x what you are.
Wet it man, wet it.
Looks better, get some aloe vera to add to your water and some Yucca and wet it good.

This is the best yucca I've found.
And a quart should last you 10 years.

ThermX70

If I were you I would water probably 4x what you are.
Wet it man, wet it.
Looks better, get some aloe vera to add to your water and some Yucca and wet it good.

This is the best yucca I've found.
And a quart should last you 10 years.

ThermX70

Alright. I’ll water again tomorrow. What kind of aloe? I’ll get some of that stuff soon. It makes a lot of sense.
I also add a tablespoon of molasses to my gallons of water. This seedling has some big first leaves. It’s doing way better that the others did at 8 days old. I’ve watered it twice so far.
It’s time to start feeding the bigger girls though. Right now nitrogen heavy to keep that auto growing. Only a couple of pistils so far. Is there some kind of yucca extract to use at a grocery store?

Alright. I’ll water again tomorrow. What kind of aloe? I’ll get some of that stuff soon. It makes a lot of sense.
I also add a tablespoon of molasses to my gallons of water. This seedling has some big first leaves. It’s doing way better that the others did at 8 days old. I’ve watered it twice so far.
It’s time to start feeding the bigger girls though. Right now nitrogen heavy to keep that auto growing. Only a couple of pistils so far. Is there some kind of yucca extract to use at a grocery store?
Yea I need some therm x-70 next time I have 30 bucks to spare. I’ll figure out how to work it in when I can get it.
U ever use non unsulfured molasses?

Yea I need some therm x-70 next time I have 30 bucks to spare. I’ll figure out how to work it in when I can get it.
U ever use non unsulfured molasses?
This is the best aloe I've found.

I used to use molasses but started using Gro-kashi instead, its largely made from molasses but also a lot of other goodness.

This is the best aloe I've found.

I used to use molasses but started using Gro-kashi instead, its largely made from molasses but also a lot of other goodness.

This site has all kinds off good stuff

Yes it does, you can get everything you need there plus good advice on soil
Thanks man for all the advice with watering and saponins.
D45A5F2E-2A0A-4B90-9819-932CBE6B881E.jpeg

This is what I put in my water. I refill gallons of water with tap water and let them sit with the lid off for 3 days then use it and with nutrients and molasses ph is right at 6.3.

No I’ll effects from the tap water so far.
BF2E904A-4ECF-404D-BE5B-2ED86864A9B5.jpeg

This is what I put in my water. I refill gallons of water with tap water and let them sit with the lid off for 3 days then use it and with nutrients and molasses ph is right at 6.3.

I will feed them this once a week?. With plain water between intervals?
?!??

You wont have any real problems with chlorinated water if you're bottle feeding.
I prefer not to use it because 98% of what my plants get nutrient wise comes from microbes and bacteria and a large portion of that is lurking in the top few inches of my soil with all my worms and my fungus from the Gro-kashi.
I also water every single day so my microbes would be needlessly knocked down with little time to recover.
Just makes no sense, so naturally I don't do it and it's easy for me to get RO water.

If you grow in plastic pots and your soil is such that you only water maybe twice a week and most of the nutrients come out of a bottle then there's nothing wrong with chlorinated water.

I just listened to the plants when I bottle fed, sometimes they look like they need more sometimes less.
You're the only one that can judge that because you're right there with them everyday.
My last grow I used nothing but great value spring water. Right now I can’t afford that so it’s what I’ve got. Will this aloe stuff work?

F7B05431-EA0F-42C9-8C3E-CEE562D41CD1.jpeg
A9C5A0B7-D3A0-48BD-BA1B-3AE1545B37D0.jpeg

The best is the powdered aloe vera.
Other than that I would grow an aloe plant and harvest the leaves and toss in a blender.
yea I read the ingredients after I already posted that question. Lol
From now on I’m watering with Walmart great value spring water. It has a ph of 7.2 before I ad nutrients. I end up using a lot of ph up.

Back
Top Bottom