Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Grow

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

I was thinking of coming to Cali to set up my enterprise. I heard they decriminalized possession up to an ounce. Doesn't mean its legal but I could grow some sick medical out there without worrying about the state. My conveyor system mat just come into play after all... lol.

But seriously, I have the resources meaning money, just need a warehouse. If anyone can help me out, I'd be happy to be a horticulturalist for anyone in need of some potent meds... and to keep a little for myself... of course.

Shit I'd even grow some for free for the person who can provide me a place. A pound or more per month setup is what I'm looking for. Which means several veg rooms and a 2 large flower rooms with floor drainage. I would have to scrap the conveyor idea in this scenario for obvious space reasons but fortunately the lights can move on a track, simulating the time of year. A greenhouse is also a noted possibility... please let me know ASAP as I am actively looking to set up shop out there.

Re: Purple Power, Lemon Skunk, Afghani, Super Silver Haze and Aurora Indica Closet Gr

I am back and they are looking so good congrats on the new sun 400 wow your gonna have some impressive looking buds soon :) subscribed

Thank you BigSlim...

I just ordered a 400W HPS/MH switchable ballast for $165 from Amazon.com.

I have ordered plenty of things from them in the past and are giving me 1 day shipping for 3.99 ... can't beat that.

So the 400W will go in as a main flowring bulb with the option for Veg under the MH bulb and the 250 will serve as a supplement. Should be sweet!!!

I really would love to do a grow where every plant is in its own DWC. Could you imagine changing the solutions on all of them??? That would totally suck. The grow room displayed on the movie Pineapple Express is all I can think of. Or the conveyor system I mentioned earlier. I need to move to Cali apparently. Got to get this going on a larger scale.

:allgood:
i C u got the 400 , nice move man You will love the difference , by the way clones are looking good in those DWC buckets. ic u got sum oxygen moving in those also Keep up the Green ThumB BRo:welldone:

So I got the new light and hung it up today. Also decided to start flowering the Aurora Indica and the Afghani that were in veg for a little while. This way I'll have a yield of something every 2 weeks or so... rather than waiting for 1 massive yield.

Also found out some bad news last night. My buddy who owns this house may be moving in a few months and selling his house and this may be the last grow I can do here. Unless he allows me to grow in his new house, I will only have 1 place left to be able to grow these beauties and its 45 minutes from where I live.

For now I'll just have to wait and see... but here's the setup as it stands.

new-light.jpg

Probably going to move it a little closer to the canopy tomorrow and adjust as they grow. Try to avoid the stretch if at all possible but these strains are supposed to stay quite short so may not stretch much... we'll see.

Its not set in stone yet and I'm sure he doesn't want me talking about his personal business but I'm hoping for enough time to fully flower everything before he has anyone even look at the house from the street. After all, it is illegal where I am to do this and don't want anyone getting in trouble for it. I'm just waiting for the news and its giving me heartburn thinking about it.

So now I just have to impatiently wait for the verdict to come in on whether or not I must move EVERYTHING!!!! And I hate the waiting game... :bitingnails:

Everything is looking great my friend. Lets talk about your lighting situation:

Yield is, of course, directly related to the amount of photosynthetically available radiation that a plant receives. With that said, it is extremely important to remember that it is not the only factor. There are three other very important aspects to yield production. 1) Number of "main" colas. You are right to top early on in the seedling stage, but many ppl don't see the potential to top every potential pre-flower that begins growth for the first 4-6 weeks, which can create 5-8 sustainable main colas. This also keeps the plant fairly short. 2) Stripping. Removing all leaf growth from the bottom of the plant that isn't part of the main colas, or the areas that would produce popcorn buds. This allows the plant to focus that wasted energy on the main colas, letting them fill out more, and more importantly (to me) letting the entire bud system mature evenly. Stripping will also help the main colas grow together, and stay at the same height. 3) Nutrients. An obvious importance, but often a few factors are overlooked. As you begin to experiment with hydro (and I can see you like to experiment with different techniques, which is excellent), you will be given the opportunity to use full lines of nutrients, most importantly, complex carbohydrates and sugars, such as those found in molasses.

One thing I didn't include in the list is CO2 enrichment and fresh air enrichment, which can help pack on some weight to those colas.

The main reason I'm rambling on here is because I see you are faced with a limited space and limited lighting for a considerable amount of plants. Instead of topping once, or even twice, try topping 3-4 times and see how many colas you can get. Strip all that useless foliage from the bottom (which will be re-concentrated in the top, where it can receive adequate light), and vent in some fresh from outside, or buy a CO2 tank and run some hose around your grow area. With these techniques you could easily double or triple your yield. I have a friend that consistently get over 1 gram per watt of light, and up to 1LB per plant, with 8 colas. While this is the extreme end of possibilities, it is possible.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble...everything looks great! :goodluck:

Thanks Dank and your input is always welcome, however I have topped the AI and the Afghani about 5 or 6 times each... a little overkill some may say I know but for that specific purpose, more colas. Every time a cola grew a node or more on the newest topped section, I topped both that sprouted again creating an ensemble of colas. Even the branches to the side were topped and the overall outcome is 2 10" tall bushy plants that were just put into the flower room where they will stretch a little of course but still stay tight. I just hope they are female.

My main concern is going to be like I said... having to move.

By the way, just pulled a male Purple Power that showed his ugly balls today. Was a small guy in the tote but he could have ruined everything, but as they said in medieval times, he is no more! Next time I purchase seeds they will be fem. Not having much luck yet, although it was the first and hopefully only to show.

On a brighter note... I couldn't be happier with the purchase of the MH/HPS 400 . Especially for a mere $165 w/shipping. The thing is super light weight and very easy to hang. Digital ballast will be mounted on the wall if they end up staying here but for now its sitting on the floor.

Overall its all good and hopefully I won't have to move em and just let em all flower with the least amount of stress possible.

:peacetwo:

I'm glad to hear you're using that often frowned upon technique. You'll have 650 watts of HPS this time, right? If you get 4-5 females, I think you'll get an awesome yield, especially if you stagger them into flower.

Sorry to hear about your situation with the house. I've had to go stealth my last 2 grows, and its really been a pain. I hope you have enough time to get those puppies done. Much like yourself, I am an impatient grower, and aspire to move to a cali or even oregon to set up shop. Anyway, good luck w/ everything.

So I've cleared up the situation and...

NO MOVE!!!! At least not yet anyway...

and yup... 650 in the flower room. 250 used for separate hydro setup until its done, then its moved and used as a supplement to the 400.

I'm going to stagger everything by 2 weeks so I get a yield every 2 weeks... posting pics soon.

Pics...

DWC 1
bucket12.jpg

roots-on-1.jpg

DWC 2
bucket22.jpg

roots-on-2.jpg

Aurora Indica clone... already has roots... clipped on monday if I'm not mistaken
ai-clone.jpg

Flower room...

Under the 400 HPS... (AI on right)
under-the-400.jpg

Under the 250
under-the-250.jpg

Buds on a bag seed hybrid grown...
small-buds.jpg

Clone of the 1st bag seed budding nicely...
clone-bud.jpg

I shall call her... "Mini Bud"!!! She is a clone of the AK-47 that never re-entered veg just like the other 2, but never grew up like they did. Her roots are not in the reservoir at all yet and she seems to be flowering this one little bud and is alive and well... and getting some nice crystals I might add. She's just gonna be a micro bud. This micro technology could be worth millions... hahaha

mini-nug.jpg

hey hb you sure got alot of strains going man. but from reading your other journals thats no problem for you. this is my first time growing an a.i. and its two weeks into vegging, I also have a new city citral that's three weeks into flowering (i'm growing hydro). i have some questions to ask but they'll come later. i'm in it for the ride hb, lots of luck,:cheesygrinsmiley::popcorn:

mini-nug.jpg

this is soooo funny and too dope! haha! i think when my plants are ready to go in flower, im gona have some seedlings thrown in 12/12 witem and see what happens :D

:peacetwo::ganjamon::welldone:

ooooo grats on the moving situation! time to mount that ballast on the wall my friend. take a seat. watch em ladies thrive! :surf:

Back
Top Bottom