My First Brown Thumb Grow Journal In Soil - Auto Fem Blue Amnesia & Fem Carame

Hi good looking grow! All the well established growers on here recommend 18/6 for auto's I just switched to that cycle the other day and they are looking great! A definite improvement, mind you I am just about 3 weeks in. Peace Out!

I've noticed a lot of growers using 18/6 as well for autos that's why I had switch to that...well I thought I switched but the timer actually set for 20/4. I was going to fix it and go 18/6 but I found the courage to use the "fim" technique on just 1 of the 3 autos. I've read autos and stress don't go together and I had also just potted up so I decided not to switch to 18/6 right now. I know it's only 2 hours difference but I don't want to encourage the "Ruderalis" side of these plants to go into flower.
The one I FIMed has been growing steady and still not showing any pistils. The other 2 autos have started to show some. Im just trying to control the grow as much as I can. Who knows if it will work though. Lol

I took a side by side of the FIMed auto vs 1 untouched. You can see which is growing more.
420-magazine-mobile2092562862.jpg
420-magazine-mobile706083560.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile403223151.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1846972260.jpg

28 days today. The 3 auto blue amnesia have all shot up over the last few days to the point where the nodes are further apart ( 1st pic) I couldn't find much info on this other than saying the issue is caused from poor lighting. I would of ran with that idea if I didn't have 3 fem reg plants that have nodes still close to each other (2nd pic). Since now all 3 autos are showing signs of being female with pistils I'm just going to assume this would be the stretch I would see in a reg plant when switching the lights to 12/12. I'm glad someone asked the height in inches the other day so I could have that as a reference.
Now they are 11in, 9in & 8in.
If I'm wrong with thinking my autos have jumped into the flowering stage with the current stretch going on please tell me.

Help! (Stem snapped) I feel like this is definitely a 911 for me. Every other day I move my plants around so they don't stay under the light in the same position. My 80lb Staffy loves to come in the room when im near the plants. I didn't hear her today :( she push her head hard to get under my arm to look in the tent. It knocked me forward, I dropped the plant on the fan in the tent in order to miss the other plants. The stem definitely snapped. I have sports tape on it at the moment. Should I just leave it? What are the chances this girl is going to survive?
420-magazine-mobile1314527711.jpg

Re: My First Brown Thumb Grow Journal In Soil - Auto Fem Blue Amnesia & Fem Carame

Help! (Stem snapped) I feel like this is definitely a 911 for me. Every other day I move my plants around so they don't stay under the light in the same position. My 80lb Staffy loves to come in the room when im near the plants. I didn't hear her today :( she push her head hard to get under my arm to look in the tent. It knocked me forward, I dropped the plant on the fan in the tent in order to miss the other plants. The stem definitely snapped. I have sports tape on it at the moment. Should I just leave it? What are the chances this girl is going to survive?
420-magazine-mobile1314527711.jpg

I have some experience with these things. Don't panic. You taped it ? Good. Nice n snug? Good. Maybe something to support it if you feel like it needs it. If not. Meh. She'll bounce back. Baby her for a week or so.
She might fall off for a couple days.
Gl

Sent from my VS415PP using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: My First Brown Thumb Grow Journal In Soil - Auto Fem Blue Amnesia & Fem Carame

I have some experience with these things. Don't panic. You taped it ? Good. Nice n snug? Good. Maybe something to support it if you feel like it needs it. If not. Meh. She'll bounce back. Baby her for a week or so.
Gl

Sent from my VS415PP using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you so much for replying that fast and giving me some hope!

MsSinful,
Good morning. Looking forward to an update on broken stalk.
Later

MsSinful,
Good morning. Looking forward to an update on broken stalk.
Later

Hey Jacobsenji,

I just couldn't stop messes with her. She was standing up straight from when I first put the tape around and I should of just let things be. Instead I took her out and tried to retape her to make sure (in my mind) the tape was nice and tight. It was down hill from there.
I'm just going to chalk it up to it being the 1st timers mistake.
Your advise was on point. Now I have an auto that looks like it's been topped from the 2nd node. I'll take this mistake over my typical over watering any day. Thanks for the help and for also checking in.

MsSinful,
All is not lost. You could end up with something very nice. Theses "Mistakes" are sometimes the opportunity to new discoveries and even new techniques. I bet ya end up with a great yield anyhow. It's early and they are strong.

MsSinful,
All is not lost. You could end up with something very nice. Theses "Mistakes" are sometimes the opportunity to new discoveries and even new techniques. I bet ya end up with a great yield anyhow. It's early and they are strong.

Thanks for the positive vibes!

So just wanted to updated on over all progress. over the last few days i started to notice all the plants came to halt on growing not just the auto's. I ran my hand across the top layer of soil and noticed a little black bug fly out. Looked just a fruit fly only smaller. After a few hours of searching the forum and web I felt confident it was fungus gnats.
I went out last night to grab mosquito dunks. I broke a circle in half crushed it up then put 1/4 in a gal of water and the other 1/4 I sprinkled onto the top layer of soil. I watered the plants fully before the lights went out. This morning once the lights came on I ran my hand over the top layer of soil and no bugs flew out. The leaves are stretching towards the light again so hopefully I've caught this in time.
I think next grow I'll put those fish rocks in the bottom of my pots and I'll definitely always use these mosquito dunks when potting for the 1st or even potting up.

What are these fish rocks you speak of and what do they do ?

Good morning :passitleft:

What are these fish rocks you speak of and what do they do ?

Good morning :passitleft:

420-magazine-mobile239120700.jpg

That's just a screenshot of fish rocks from google. From what I was reading yesterday adding sand or fish rocks to the top layer of soil can help prevent fungus gnats from laying eggs because they'll think the soil is dry.
The top layer of my soil has been dry this grow except when I water so I really think it's just from the organic mix I'm using. I read fungus gnats love peat moss. That's why I said I would add the rocks to the bottom of my pots. Do you think that's a silly idea?

420-magazine-mobile239120700.jpg

That's just a screenshot of fish rocks from google. From what I was reading yesterday adding sand or fish rocks to the top layer of soil can help prevent fungus gnats from laying eggs because they'll think the soil is dry.
The top layer of my soil has been dry this grow except when I water so I really think it's just from the organic mix I'm using. I read fungus gnats love peat moss. That's why I said I would add the rocks to the bottom of my pots. Do you think that's a silly idea?

Not a silly idea at all. I have heard -diatomous earth (bad spelling I think) works well as a topical dressing for gnat control. Check that out.
Yeah I'd say it's organics that are attracting em.
Back before I had Sierra Natural Science products I used to use tobacco juice. Works really well. Instantly as a matter of fact. But fear of tobacco mosaic virus has kept me from continuing this practice.
Even though I have heard of it I have never actually seen it.
But in an emergency situation I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Not a silly idea at all. I have heard -diatomous earth (bad spelling I think) works well as a topical dressing for gnat control. Check that out.
Yeah I'd say it's organics that are attracting em.
Back before I had Sierra Natural Science products I used to use tobacco juice. Works really well. Instantly as a matter of fact. But fear of tobacco mosaic virus has kept me from continuing this practice.
Even though I have heard of it I have never actually seen it.
But in an emergency situation I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I had to look up tobacco juice. I was thinking it would be the stuff guys put on there gums and then spit out. I wasn't far off I guess. Who would of thought to mix cigarettes with water to be a solution for gnats? That's cool though. If I'm ever in jam I'll remember that one.

Back
Top Bottom