WhiteWidow Fem - Soil & LED

BarstowSmoker

Genetics: CropKings Fem WhiteWidow

Medium: Coco Loco / KindSoil

Pot Size: Solo cups into 5 gal SmartPots

Nutrients: Hopefully None

Lighting: 1 250w LED (actual 87) and one 300w LED (not sure on actual of this light) unable to post names of the lights due to rules of the forums.

Lighting time: Currently 18 on 6 off

GrowTent: GorillaGrow Tent Shorty edition 2L*2.5W*5.7H

# of plants: 2.5 ( will explain)

Hello everyone,

I am currently 9 days into the veg stage. Plants are looking wonderful. Well I should say 2 of the 3 are looking wonderful. The one that does not look so beautiful had a problem releasing the shell of the seed and I believe it completely stressed the plant. Don’t get me wrong it’s still growing as I have seen plenty of growth from the start but definitely way behind the other two. ( see pics below ) I think I’m going to let time work it’s magic and not give up.

As for the rest of the grow I have been maintaining a temp of around 75f and a humidity level around 60% using a humidifier. They require water maybe every three days give or take. Again not using any nutrients. Also only have one light running right now as I believe it’s a complete waste to give intense light to baby girls. Lights currently 20’ away from the plants decided to move it down to 15’ away today and how’s the fan speed to ensure no hotspots.

The reason for the no nutrients is based on the KindSoil instructions. Fill the bottom of the pot with hot soil and the rest with coco loco. I really like the idea of the plant having a clean water source and then they can eat when ever they choose. Instead of forcing them to feed through nutrients in water uptake. Definitely feel it’s worth a try!

Anyway let me know what you guys think! I’m more then happy to hear your guys experience with a no nutrient type of grow.

View album 19721

They look good at this point. I'm pulling for the runt. I like the underdog.

Seems like you have it under control. Be aware, that when the roots hit that bottom soil, you may see some weird things happen, based on how hot it is.

I'm sure others will chime in.....

She’ll be stronger because of it. I’m often surprised by how well a runt can do, sometimes my best plant in the batch. It’s probably because they have something to prove. Maybe a little stress early on makes them tough.
I’m here for the ride. I have a few WW soil grows under my belt so I can help if you need it and hopefully I can learn something from you’re process. :goodluck:

4 days later the plants are still looking nice and healthy after transplanting them.
I decided to FIM them Friday after the fourth node but it honestly don’t look like it made any difference. The top just grew back and the side branches didn’t really pop with growth wondering if I didn’t cut enough or what.
Oh well I think I will just top it if it doesn’t creat the extra colas we are all looking for.

Will post pics first thing in the morning as the girls are asleep.

Okay so it’s been about two weeks since I last posted and a lot has been going on.

So first things first the FIM didn’t seem like it did anything at all so I ended up just topping both of them.

The one I topped first look to have a better structure as it’s growing wider than the other one.

I have been defoliating them little by little. No training as of yet since this is my first grow I’m kinda lost on how to do it because the first node and the second node are kind of overlapping each other. Some expert advise would be appreciated.

I been watering about every 5 days and added some extra soil on the top because when I watered the first time compressed all the original soil down.

I’m expecting them to start getting bigger but still seems slow. We are currently on day 31 from seed. The leaves are a nice color green. I seen some spots here and there. Guessing it’s either from the misting they get every now and then or is it wind burn cause i did have the fan rotating directly at them. I have now moved it over to avoid any further problems.

The plants definitely seem short which I guess should be a good thing right? Since it’s and indoor grow? Although I would like them to stretch up instead of sideways lol

Ps. I will put up pictures as soon as I get home. It’s such a pain in the A** taking pics since the LED is blurple any ideas how I can avoid blurple pictures would be nice.

6 days later I defoliated plant number 1

Also I been giving the plants water of about 7.3 ph. I just bought some ph down but they can’t don’t need water for about two more days. Is it possible that the reason my plants are so small is due to the ph? Other symptoms of ph being to high is curled leaves and dark green leafs which is exactly what I got going on. Any thoughts?

The LED I’m using is about 24 inch’s from the top of the plant.

Temps been from high 85 down to low 68

What should the size of a 40 day old photo in soil be? Is mine small due to ph?

They look good Barstow! White widows are one of my favourites and I just dropped another bean in water to start a photo grow... Your plants are progressing nicely... I had a similar issue with fat stout bushy plants... its hard to tie them down the way you would like, but they won't disappoint you... I haven't had one stretch on me uncontrollably, but I attribute that to lights and grow factors...soil water, ph... all of it...
I saw your FIM... yah it looked like you missed it... I have tried everytime, and I think only the last two that I have done actually worked... I don't usually top mine after because I find that just the attempted FIM is enough to do what I want...and thats to encourage the other tops to try and become the dominant lead top...
Your temps and humidity are bang on...
I use dirt as well... I'm a organic guy... my soil isn't as complex as a lot of the ones out there, but I do mix a few things in...
I also though help the girls along with the organic nute line from general organics... I use the main 3 for veg and bloom and then CaMg+ the whole life cycle... I also added Bogaski (something like that) tea to the mix... but not sure how often I will use it in my next ones...

Back
Top Bottom