• Miro #1

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Miro #2

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Miro #3

Votes: 23 52.3%

• Total voters
420magazinecannabird.jpg

I might have missed it, but don't see the information. Since you're wanting something that can be used for a print magazine... What physical size would be best? And what resolution? Magazines use offset printing and typically, what, 300dpi? I think dye sublimation printers also use that resolution, so if you're using them (to print t-shirts or other fabric, for example)... But you'd be printing images larger on t-shirts than on a magazine cover/title page or even, say, a baseball cap. Hmm...

I'll go through all of that with the winner, every entry doesn't have to be the size I need, just the winner. ;)
I might have missed it, but don't see the information. Since you're wanting something that can be used for a print magazine... What physical size would be best? And what resolution? Magazines use offset printing and typically, what, 300dpi? I think dye sublimation printers also use that resolution, so if you're using them (to print t-shirts or other fabric, for example)... But you'd be printing images larger on t-shirts than on a magazine cover/title page or even, say, a baseball cap. Hmm...

Might work with or without the leaf, doesn't have to have it, doesn't even have to have the slogan, might work with it, might work without it, have no idea until I start seeing more entries. Most definitely interested in focusing on an image of medical, industrial and agricultural, not recreational. :Namaste:
Ought to be able to find a symbol other than a cannabis leaf. Nothing against it as such, but it has negative feelings for many. Every time I read a report of someone getting busted for "that evil weed" (lol) the television station or newspaper has placed cannabis leaves prominently at both sides of the top of the article. Show something with cannabis leaves on it to many non-consumers and they turn thier noses up while they shut their eyes and their minds.

What about something that hints at the medicinal, industrial, food and nutritional aspects?

Of course if you just want to get noticed in a positive way by those of us who already understand, a cannabis leaf is fine. After all, it's what we've come to expect as a symbol from cannabis information sites, seedbanks, dispensary sites, NORML sites, et cetera.

The above is only my opinion of course. I almost didn't post it, but after spending the five minutes to attempt to state it tactfully, I figured that I would go ahead and spend the two minutes to type it, lol.

Very nice 1212! :bravo:

Very nice Sonzor! :bravo:

I REALLY like the last one best out of all 3, maybe best overall so far, very nice. :thanks:

Might be getting too busy, maybe not, will be interesting to see what is to come.

Please keep them coming guys.
:Namaste:

Great job Sonzor! Everyone is really doing great work. :bravo:

I had an idea and thought I'd post it for anyone who wants to play with it.

Maybe Cannabis tree of life symbolism...not sure if people would relate to it or not but what the heck ;)

images_31_.jpg

This one is the "tree of life" geometric to the cannabis leaf:...

Hi everyone so i want to enter the new logo for 420 magazine.There is 2 version here i made this is really the best i can come up with. so i hope you all like it. i basicly use the same line as the current 420 magazine current logo. and i like that one alot and its concept and i kept my drawing with the same simple concept. basicly i like the simple concept of the current logo and i use alot of the same line as the current 420 magazine logo, and the same type of letters too. i felt it was really important is that the memeber that's was already memeber on the site, have to relate to the logo or like it in some way, so that they wont hate seeing that logo later on because is too flashy or something like that. and also i like to keep it simple and bit to flashy in a way where people will not like it if they seen it again. at the same time i like to make a impress on new viewer to the site that we are as worther as other marijuana base site, so i like to make it look cool as possible. which i think i have achieve on this the second pic here i will show you all, i think is a nice balance between those 2 thing. and i'm hopeing you all will like it and enjoy a much as i did.

this one is the one i like to enter. i just use the paint program that everybody has because i don't kno much about photo shop graphic feature they have, i can't use it and i have no time to study that and to read all the effect it has i dont have the time and still for that, so i just painted this manually. haha. but i hope you all like this anyways. :)

art_11.png

this one i like alot because well is so cool. fire on a dark morning. is not just me who think this is cool right? i hope not. anyway hope you all enjoy my art this is the best that i could think of.
art_21.png

i know and i think this art i made are maybe too much stuff to become logo,
but like i said this is the best i could come up with so, and i like it hopefully you all will enjoy my turn art as much as i did creating it. Thanks you all for seeing my drawing.
And Thank the 420 magazine for my free membership here so this is kind of like a a give back i can offer back to you give. well not really but here is my try hope you all like it too.

Thanks Wazo, that's some pretty neat artwork you've manifested there, nice work brother. :thanks:

While it may not be what I'm looking for in a logo, it could be tweaked into a t-shirt design down the road or something. ;)

hi sir 420 you're welcome. well i've try. and i kno i just not sure what exactly to drawy for proper 420 logo. thanks you for likeing my art. maybe i'll try to think other design logo if i could think of some more in time.

so you really like my drawing that much to print it on a shirt? that's cool. haha, but is not that impressive, but i thanks you sir, for the nice art compliment anyway. peace.

I agree, the second one is best, however too much empty space top left, needs to be balanced. First one is cool, just way too busy, seeking more simplified. Nice job AGAIN Brother Sonzor. Please keep them coming guys. :thanks:

idea_7.jpg

idea_8.jpg

Those look nice. The font that you used in 420 Magazine is clear and easy for the eyes to deal with; it isn't plain or overly busy (I like serif fonts) even though it is shadowed and has a bit of fade (can't remember the correct word). I also like the second one best. The slogan in all lower-case works well with the overall design. Have you played around with moving the 420 to the left (or possibly centered with your various icons surrounding it)? That would be one way to make the whole thing slightly less wide and remove the blank space without it looking like you realized that you had one and then added something to fill it in as an afterthought. I can see the first icon as both a food crop and "industrial" growing, but have you any icons that are more specific to each? Have you got one with a brownish tan (not bold; almost - but not quite - faded? Something that's complementary but stays mostly in the background, so to speak?) color somewhere in the background? Maybe a mild yellow-orange, something like what you get once in a while when the sun has almost gone over the horizon (or just risen from) at the water's edge, only with less red component? Does it annoy you that I'm playing 20 questions with your creation (lol)? Possibly even incorporating such a setting into the background of the design - again, faded so as not to overpower that green motif that you used for the font, the only purpose would be to hit those mental/emotional buttons that admen like to aim for without actually adding to (or taking from) the message contained in the rest? Or just somehow working the color scheme in? One of the countless themes in my current linux OS uses something like them and it hits the relaxation and comfort buttons without depressing the thought processes in any way.

I wasn't so keen on the fade-in underneath the top of the first design. It just doesn't work for me for that particular setup. Uhh... Almost seems - to me, and I'm no graphic arts professional or art critic - that it serves no purpose. Hope that doesn't cause anger, just mentioning how it hits me. But everyone knows that I often walk in a different reality than everyone else so it could be that I'm the only one that is affected in that way by it.

EVERYONE'S entries are better than I could come up with. Thanks for submitting them. And thanks to 420 for making this a public thing so that we can see them all.

idea_9.jpg

idea_10.jpg

idea_11.jpg

idea_12.jpg

Those look nice. The font that you used in 420 Magazine is clear and easy for the eyes to deal with; it isn't plain or overly busy (I like serif fonts) even though it is shadowed and has a bit of fade (can't remember the correct word). I also like the second one best. The slogan in all lower-case works well with the overall design. Have you played around with moving the 420 to the left (or possibly centered with your various icons surrounding it)? That would be one way to make the whole thing slightly less wide and remove the blank space without it looking like you realized that you had one and then added something to fill it in as an afterthought. I can see the first icon as both a food crop and "industrial" growing, but have you any icons that are more specific to each? Have you got one with a brownish tan (not bold; almost - but not quite - faded? Something that's complementary but stays mostly in the background, so to speak?) color somewhere in the background? Maybe a mild yellow-orange, something like what you get once in a while when the sun has almost gone over the horizon (or just risen from) at the water's edge, only with less red component? Does it annoy you that I'm playing 20 questions with your creation (lol)? Possibly even incorporating such a setting into the background of the design - again, faded so as not to overpower that green motif that you used for the font, the only purpose would be to hit those mental/emotional buttons that admen like to aim for without actually adding to (or taking from) the message contained in the rest? Or just somehow working the color scheme in? One of the countless themes in my current linux OS uses something like them and it hits the relaxation and comfort buttons without depressing the thought processes in any way.

I wasn't so keen on the fade-in underneath the top of the first design. It just doesn't work for me for that particular setup. Uhh... Almost seems - to me, and I'm no graphic arts professional or art critic - that it serves no purpose. Hope that doesn't cause anger, just mentioning how it hits me. But everyone knows that I often walk in a different reality than everyone else so it could be that I'm the only one that is affected in that way by it.

EVERYONE'S entries are better than I could come up with. Thanks for submitting them. And thanks to 420 for making this a public thing so that we can see them all.

I always appreciate constructive criticism and thank you for it. The only issue with this kind of work is their is very little to go on and it is kind of like detective work to figure out what they want. Although your suggestion are good ones they could take me further away from the direction the staff at 420 is going. The unfortunate thing is, although your suggestions are good ones, they may not be something that will get us closer to the end product.

420concept1.png

420concept1.png

More talent. Hey, the black background might not transfer to print all that well (or it might, I don't know) but it looks good. Wonder how it would look with small faint "420"s repeated endlessly with just a little bit of staggering so that they don't line up? (Or, alternatively, the same thing but on the bottom layer so it only shows up - faintly - where the text is white?)

I'm just tossing ideas up since I can't draw. Feel free to shoot them down, lol.

Back
Top Bottom