"The Beast" gets serious!

The Beast Lives!

I've posted this in my original grow journal, but I want to move it here and start with a clean slate for this grow to make it easier to follow.

Okay, time for a little update, I've got the clones loaded in the beast and it is now in operation! Still a couple items to complete, no co2 yet, I still need to come up with a good system of tying down the plastic, probably a combination of staples, 1x2's and velcro.

So, the stats:

Strains:
6- Durbin Poison
6- Russian
6- AK-47 cross
current stage: clone, rooting
Veg: 3-4 weeks, we'll see
Medium: Hydro, aeroponic system prototype
Size tubes: 6" dia. x 10' long
Grow sites: 18 (6/ tube, 18" o.c.)
Tube spacing: 18", with 12" to plastic at outside tubes
Tube to Bottom of Lights: 56"
Net pots: 3", with hydroton
Res. size: 2- 27 gallon totes
Water Pump: 2300 gph
Recirculating fans: 2- tower type in opposite corners
Size of light: air-cooled 3- 1000k hps
Lighting time: 24/7 during veg.
Cooling Fan: 440 cfm Can Fan
Temp of Room/cab: in test stage, 83 presently
RH of Room/cab: 32%
Nutes: None presently, will use Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow A&B, Super Thrive. Will update during flowering

Okay, my buddy picked up the clones Saturday and I finally got them in today! They don't look that good, only a couple have roots showing and I'd say at least 6 look to be in pretty poor shape. I'll have to wait and see how they work out. The rooting I'm not too concerned with, my grower buddy does his clones in the tubes, I turned the spray to blow right into the side of the net pots, that should sprout some roots. When the roots hits the bottom of the tubes I'll turn the spray to 45 deg down and spray the roots.

I've got a pretty good flow in the supply tubes, the water is spraying out pretty good, but not as hard as my buddies was. Oh, I probably forgot to mention, Friday I got to see his grow, they put the cutting into the tubes on Wednesday, there were already roots showing through a couple net pots! Two days to root, this system kicks butt! He's got 99 plants going. He's going to let them veg a long time since he has so much head height. He wants to see how far he can push this system. He said he had one grow where they averaged 22 oz/ plant! Now I want to see that!

But he is going to turn his water flow down, I may too, I'm not sure I need it this hard, but it is good to see a good flow now. I'm not using any sprayers on my supply, 1/8" holes on a 1 1/4" supply drilled at every net pot. I used a coupling to attach my pvc supply lines allowing me to turn the tubes as required for the stage of growth. I intend to clone in the tubes in the future.

The first pic, not much to show yet, but hopefully soon!

IMG_21471.jpg

Re: "The Beast" FryingPanFlyer gets serious!

Okay, for my first set of problems, it's too damn hot! I've got good air flow through the lights but since I'm only dumping it in the garage it's really no secret as to why it's getting so damn hot in there, the air coming off the lights measures about 110 deg! I need to run to the hardware store and temporarily pump it into my ventilated attic space.

Normally I wouldn't do that due to condensation problems, I'm an Architect so I'm very familiar with moisture problems in residential structures. But considering the time of the year (winter would be worst for condensation on the underside of the roof sheathing) I think I can get away with it as an emergency measure.

Eventually I'll run the duct right to my soffit and exhaust the air there directly to the outside. I've got this total knee replacement so crawling around in an attic is one of the hardest things I can do. This replacement is wonderful, but you never kneel on one.

So, I'm off to the hardware store for more ducting!

Im definitley goin be here for this one, that durban poison is known to get pretty tall huh but i guess if you veggin about 4 weeks give or take a week regardless im here and im ready to see this

Im definitley goin be here for this one, that durban poison is known to get pretty tall huh but i guess if you veggin about 4 weeks give or take a week regardless im here and im ready to see this

That's my concern. I don't think my buddy put too much thought just which strains to get, I'm not real happy with what he came up with, this may give me a new set of challenges when the time comes. He used Bush Master in his grow to keep his plants low so now he thinks we should use it all the time. We'll see.

Though right now most of the clones are looking pretty lousy, I may end up replacing all of them before this is going smoothly.

I love the name of the thread. I was just was under the impression it would have the beast name in it(OK IT DOES SHHHHHHH). I am soooooooooooooooo happy you chose this name it is cool.

Yeah i hear you FPF but whatever works for you its your creation rite? LOL anyways i hope you have a good grow

im in:rocker:

What a great looking room. I'm in brother. I've been looking at a stinkbud variable for my next run. It will be fantastic to see how it works!

:popcorn: Let's get this show on the road! Or at least the garage floor!:yummy:

Got my ticket, popcorn, my extra large soda, milk duds, and 3d glasses..GROW ON...
this should be very interesting to watch..and that set up you got going had to take you a long time to design and build..very nice looking set up

Back
Top Bottom