Yeti's High Brix Perpetual

Hey Yeti , Seedling, ya, the only problem with relying on lamps for heat is, as soon as they go off, the temps drop and RH shoots way up. The trick is finding/creating a balance somehow. I simply have a two element (750w or 1500w) narrow , updraft space heater, with a built in stat. I only have one of the elements/switches on, so at most it draws 750w. I play with it until it doesn't drop below 68/70F with lights off, so works good. I also really like and recommend a good outdoor heat mat, if in the basement. Takes the chill/coldness off the floor , keeps roots nice and warm , helps warm the room some too.

Hey Duggs if i was in a room and not a tent then the heater would work. I tried to use heaters outside of my tents but the space is too large to effectively heat. I do plan on looking at the under the mat heater, but building rooms is really what I want to do. I is just getting the money together and justifying doing it. If I built 2 rooms side by side that are insulated I would do much better I think.

Android has a stock editing app? I didnt realize that. Unless you mean when you go and click on a photo and choose to edit it. Even then I only ever crop them :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that is really the extent of my editing knowledge.
Yes, just where you choose to edit it it. Choosing auto color corrects the photo, without any hassle.

Morning all. i know it has been a while since I posted in here, but again things are moving slow. My focus has not been the grow as much as other aspects of life right now. Things are still growing just at a snails pace. I posted 3 of these pics over at @FutRfarmer journal but figured I would put them over here. The first 3 pics are a Purple Punch S1 plant I grew. She doubled in size unexpectedly when moved to flower. I had to super crop (what Duggs would call a mistake) to keep this girl out of the lights. If this plant did not throw bananas like that was its main purpose I would have loved to have kept it around.

This last shot is a nice Purple nug from my Slurricane cut that I ran for a while.

I get it Yeti. I'm only here as much as I am these days because I'm sitting at home hiding from that Mexican-beer-virus and have been for the last 5 weeks. I was supposed to start a new gig this past Monday, but they just said..."stay home until this blows over, maybe 2-3 more weeks". In that time one of my sons got published, I embarked on a full remodel of my living room, my wife's step-father passed away from Parkinson's in TX and I've gained about 10 pounds.

On the plus side, I'm pretty much back up to speed on the mag, and my grow is back on point. :thumb: :thumb:

Awesome slurrycane trichs Yeti! Real nice!

Thanks Otter! She was a beaut!

I get it Yeti. I'm only here as much as I am these days because I'm sitting at home hiding from that Mexican-beer-virus and have been for the last 5 weeks. I was supposed to start a new gig this past Monday, but they just said..."stay home until this blows over, maybe 2-3 more weeks". In that time one of my sons got published, I embarked on a full remodel of my living room, my wife's step-father passed away from Parkinson's in TX and I've gained about 10 pounds.

On the plus side, I'm pretty much back up to speed on the mag, and my grow is back on point. :thumb: :thumb:

Man that is a mixed bag of news. Sorry to here about the wife's step father passing. Sucks that you have been holed up for so long, but good of the place you were going to start at telling you to hold off for a bit. That is great that one of your sons got published, and the fact your grow is going well is fantastic as well! :high-five:

She really wanted to go! It’s hard to stay focused with life at the moment also. :passitleft:

She did! I did not expect it to go that way. She turned out to be huge. She grew with all sorts of vigor! :passitleft:

Morning all. i know it has been a while since I posted in here, but again things are moving slow. My focus has not been the grow as much as other aspects of life right now. Things are still growing just at a snails pace. I posted 3 of these pics over at @FutRfarmer journal but figured I would put them over here. The first 3 pics are a Purple Punch S1 plant I grew. She doubled in size unexpectedly when moved to flower. I had to super crop (what Duggs would call a mistake) to keep this girl out of the lights. If this plant did not throw bananas like that was its main purpose I would have loved to have kept it around.

This last shot is a nice Purple nug from my Slurricane cut that I ran for a while.

That looks a lot like the Supreme Grapes (Slurricane 44 x Purple Punch) from In House I just finished. I guess it's safe to say I had a purple punch leaner. That plant looked like about an 70-80% sativa and stretched like it. The clone is in a solo cup and has leaves as thin as any 100% sativa I've run. The wife really loves it too, which is prerequisite to be a keeper.

I hope you're right but from I've seen Florida is about to get hit big time. With the elderly population down there it is going to be devastating I'm afraid. Detroit hospitals are already being overrun and we are just starting to up the "curve". Has Florida done any stay at home orders yet? I bet this goes on for a couple months minimum.

That looks a lot like the Supreme Grapes (Slurricane 44 x Purple Punch) from In House I just finished. I guess it's safe to say I had a purple punch leaner. That plant looked like about an 70-80% sativa and stretched like it. The clone is in a solo cup and has leaves as thin as any 100% sativa I've run. The wife really loves it too, which is prerequisite to be a keeper.

I hope you're right but from I've seen Florida is about to get hit big time. With the elderly population down there it is going to be devastating I'm afraid. Detroit hospitals are already being overrun and we are just starting to up the "curve". Has Florida done any stay at home orders yet? I bet this goes on for a couple months minimum.

Have family in the Tampa area. They said the city of Tampa has issued stay at home orders, but does not apply to county residents.

It's unfortunate that we are having to rely on the state governments to mandate this. I live near the state line and there are differences in how we are doing things from people that are only 15 minutes from us. On the other hand, it's nice to see many governor's stepping up their game to protect the people since the federal government has dropped the ball so thoroughly on this.

Well, that's only one possible gig in Jax. There's another opportunity in Lakeland (between Orlando and Tampa) that would mandate a move on my part. Not something I really want to do as I've been in this house for 25 years and it's home, but I've done all the resume, phone interview, personality assessment stuff and am going over on Tuesday for the in-person interview. It's at another hospital and I will meet my potential boss as well as the hosp Administrator. Money there will be better and being healthcare there's "no wait" there...but another move? ugh.

My biggest concern is getting my wife home from TX. She's in Bryan and is scheduled to return a week from Saturday. Right now that's up in the air. I have a son in Austin that's supposed to go get her and take her to the Austin airport for her return flight...But Austin is under a "shelter in place" mandate.

It's just all uncertain at this point.

The Supreme Grapes sounds like a Purple Punch back cross basically. It is sweet that it looks similar to the S1 I ran. My Slurricane actually looked more like the Punch clone pics that I have seen. It is good that your wife enjoys your Supreme Grapes. I know you are not overly fond of it, or weren't of the tester anyways, but if she likes it may as well hold onto it for a bit.

Well, that's only one possible gig in Jax. There's another opportunity in Lakeland (between Orlando and Tampa) that would mandate a move on my part. Not something I really want to do as I've been in this house for 25 years and it's home, but I've done all the resume, phone interview, personality assessment stuff and am going over on Tuesday for the in-person interview. It's at another hospital and I will meet my potential boss as well as the hosp Administrator. Money there will be better and being healthcare there's "no wait" there...but another move? ugh.

My biggest concern is getting my wife home from TX. She's in Bryan and is scheduled to return a week from Saturday. Right now that's up in the air. I have a son in Austin that's supposed to go get her and take her to the Austin airport for her return flight...But Austin is under a "shelter in place" mandate.

It's just all uncertain at this point.

Well hopefully whatever you choose to do makes you happy in the long run. I would not blame you for not wanting to move. I have moved way more times than I ever care to recall. staying in one place for long periods of time seems like the best course of action to me! I am hoping your wife can get home with minimal complications.

No need to be sorry bud, let it all out! Things are moving slow so any chatter is good. Even if things were moving quickly I have no issue with people talking about whatever so long as they are not creating drama here bud! I am glad your grow is moving along. I need my weather to hurry up and get warm. I havent had anything in flower since like august at this point!

Back
Top Bottom