WestHippie’s 420 OG Hydro 1000 Watt MH/HPS

Just a little info I got from the local grow show regarding dimmable ballast, they are a selling feature , most bulb manufacturers recomend against using it , it tends to significantly shorten the life of the bulb. I went through 3 Hps bulbs in one grow, they replaced my bulbs cause they were brand new and the 3rd one that went he asked if I was using it on a dimmable ballast and me being the honest guy I am told him yes I do run it at diff settings and they wouldn’t replace the next one because the manufacturer recommended against it . Anyway the plants look great my friend , may I ask why your waiting so long to defoliate in flower. Personally I strip everything before the switch , then I selectively defoliate only stuff blocking bud sites . Can’t wait to see the rest

Just a little info I got from the local grow show regarding dimmable ballast, they are a selling feature , most bulb manufacturers recomend against using it , it tends to significantly shorten the life of the bulb. I went through 3 Hps bulbs in one grow, they replaced my bulbs cause they were brand new and the 3rd one that went he asked if I was using it on a dimmable ballast and me being the honest guy I am told him yes I do run it at diff settings and they wouldn’t replace the next one because the manufacturer recommended against it . Anyway the plants look great my friend , may I ask why your waiting so long to defoliate in flower. Personally I strip everything before the switch , then I selectively defoliate only stuff blocking bud sites . Can’t wait to see the rest
Maybe your ballast was faulty? With my dimmable ballast I get 3 grows out of a HPS bulb and then replace them :ganjamon:

Thanks for the info on the light ! I’m going to wait on the defoliation and just stuff them till 21 days of the flip!
Hey is that a flood table ?? Id like to see how you made it .
Yes it’s four trays of flood and drain, gave a $1000 for it . Will build my own as a rdwc in the future !
Maybe your ballast was faulty? With my dimmable ballast I get 3 grows out of a HPS bulb and then replace them :ganjamon:
And that’s more that I want to know about the mh/ hps every three grows . I’m using a hps 2100k and the back up is a 2000k .
:oops: nice greenz.
Good to see you here , you got in on my first grow !
@irie lion yeah you may be right , never had any isssues running at the same wattage the bulb was rated for but it must have been my ballast, I always get unlucky and have shut that doesn’t work properly. It’s my life story haha
I believe it worked , like it’s said make a 1200 watt out of a 1000 watt and you shorten the life expectancy.

Day 9 of 12/12
CO2 level 1472 ppm , evacuating for the check
Outside temp 80 humidity 81 SSE 15 mph
Building temp 72 humidity 76%
Tent temp 84.8 coming down humidity 78% also coming down
Canopy 79.6
Water temp 71.9 down 1-1/2 gallons Falling
TDS 668 ppm was 741 ppm Falling
Ph 5.55 Static
Couple pics
AFFCD77E-A5BB-4421-8F3D-4AD4AF0B019B.jpeg
49A1081E-1A7A-4421-9AAE-6FF5C6C6C481.jpeg

Getting real full in there @West Hippie :yummy: Seems like they are taking the high temp & humidity really well! :bravo:

Getting real full in there @West Hippie :yummy: Seems like they are taking the high temp & humidity really well! :bravo:
I turned the Co2 back on so the temp and humidity are coming back up ! Temp outside the tent are holding at 72 degrees. I need to put up the net to help separate the bud sites.

Day 10 of 12/12 don’t know how I missed on this we are making buds ? Pics included!
Outside temp 78 humidity 81% SSE 12 mph
Building temp 71.8 humidity 78%
Tent temp 78.5 humidity 67%
When I came out here three hours ago the tent temp was 89 degrees and the humidity was 89% . I turned off the Co2 and will not turn it back on ! This is a little too much !
Water temp 73.0 down 1-1/2 gallons Falling
Since I moved the light up we dropped a 1/2 a gallon on the water !
TDS 608 ppm was 668 ppm Falling
Ph 5.55 Static
That golden hue is doing its job on these girls !
Hydro Bible says to raise the EC , but the ph hasn’t risen any . Now that I’m on Advanced Nutrients the ph probably won’t let me play . I need to get it to 5.8-5.9 for P & Mg.
Still can’t believe I have buds already!
F9609A63-02F2-4CE8-94C8-2802EC1F9346.jpeg
3193EE89-2ED0-452E-A062-0739A9A7D5B0.jpeg

Them buds are coming, strap in and get ready to go! :headbanger::bongrip:
When I came out here three hours ago the tent temp was 89 degrees and the humidity was 89%
:jawdropper:
I wanted to check with you - what are you using to generate CO2?

Them buds are coming, strap in and get ready to go! :headbanger::bongrip:

:jawdropper:
I wanted to check with you - what are you using to generate CO2?
Co2 is a 20 lb tank off the beer truck . Normally ran first two weeks of flower ! Last grow I tried it in veg .

Co2 is a 20 lb tank off the beer truck . Normally ran first two weeks of flower ! Last grow I tried it in veg .
Okay i see, so it's a tank of Suremix? I worked for a brewery for two years and have got loads of co2 contacts. Did you notice a large difference? Thanks man i'm feeling like a idiot, i could have been boosting my plants with co2 years ago :hmmmm::smokin:

Okay i see, so it's a tank of Suremix? I worked for a brewery for two years and have got loads of co2 contacts. Did you notice a large difference? Thanks man i'm feeling like a idiot, i could have been boosting my plants with co2 years ago :hmmmm::smokin:
It doesn’t excite me , Co2 is a pain . If I want to do a pm or check the room out I have to evacuate the Co2 and it’s still in the air an hour later . It’s only recommended to use it the first two weeks of flower!
C0A67408-8D2F-414A-B5D7-07C4A1C7AC62.jpeg

Day 11 of 12/12
Outside temp 79 humidity 78% SSE 9 mph
Building temp 70.9 humidity 79%
Tent temp 77.6 humidity 68%
Canopy temp 78.7
Water temp 68.7 down 2 gallons Falling
TDS 578 ppm was 608 ppm Falling
Ph on the rise 5.72 Rising
If I add nutrients then the ph will go back down, need to hit 5.8-5.9 . Maybe not maybe the URB will help ?
Finding out that during the summer months I need a better led , don’t get me wrong the one I have is good but not great ! The hid is going to be cool weather grows after this grow. Plus I want to try the URB with this led for result check! Wished URB would communicate with growers not just commercial growers! Only communicating thru amazon!
I see a new sponsor vipar spectra ? Have 4-600s and 1-300 . Bought for $150 was fixing to get thrown into the good will bin ! Not on my watch ! The 600 has the perfect veg lighting ! Using the Kind led for clones 9 out of 14 have roots! Noticed when programming Kind has two different reds glowing need to see what they are ! Pics
0A1914A8-F89E-4D54-A40A-2876089186D5.jpeg
1228CF16-8DE1-4904-AB0C-C3D3F1AE08B5.jpeg
05A88FFF-0460-46CD-B3EF-F387EAEDE433.jpeg
A5A65127-D707-4FB4-8C7F-C063224356A4.jpeg

Day 12 of 12/12
Outside temp 78 humidity 79% S 18 mph
Building temp 70.7 humidity 70%
Tent temp 77.7 humidity 70%
Canopy temp 78.7
Water temp 65.7 down 2 gallons Falling
TDS 516 ppm was 578 ppm Falling
Ph 5.82 Rising
Tomorrow will be a change , didn’t get the high point of tds 817 ppm Tuesday after the change !
Grown 2” again giving them a lst ought to put them back to 16” .
Can I lollipop at anytime? ? ? ? Isn’t this a defoliation???
Tied the girls down , the runt is out growing the other two as in height. Bend , twist and laid three tops on the net from her !
81BA5891-7CAA-40C7-8B7F-FD540DCA5554.jpeg
A74C366F-EDD5-4874-BEF3-C35FA72A5BD1.jpeg
54100174-4527-44D4-B054-67E0C9173F78.jpeg

Defol and lollipopping are two different things. Defol is removing leaves for air circulation or light penetration. Lollipopping is a pruning technique that creates a lollipop shape. This allows the plant to concentrate energy into the upper branches which are producing buds.

Defol and lollipopping are two different things. Defol is removing leaves for air circulation or light penetration. Lollipopping is a pruning technique that creates a lollipop shape. This allows the plant to concentrate energy into upper branches producing buds.
You would typically do that a week before flipping to flower. This gives the plant time to bounce back before entering the next stage.
I missed my window and do I need to wait when I defoliate at day 21 to lollipop?

I missed my window and do I need to wait when I defoliate at day 21 to lollipop?
I'm guessing you mean day 21 after the stretch since you missed the window? I hope I understand you correctly.
If so I wouldn't lollipop at all at this point. I'm not even a big fan of defol after the stretch unless it's blocking a bud site. You don't want the plant to be concentrating her efforts on healing areas that are pruned or cleaned up.
My .02 cents :)

I'm guessing you mean day 21 after the stretch since you missed the window? I hope I understand you correctly.
If so I wouldn't lollipop at all at this point. I'm not even a big fan of defol after the stretch unless it's blocking a bud site. You don't want the plant to be concentrating her efforts on healing areas that are pruned or cleaned up.
My .02 cents :)
I’m not stripping all the fan leaves , like you said unblock bud sites . Yes on the day 21 after stretch. I’ve only stripped leaves on the last two grows . Before that what was on the girls stayed with them , never stripped nothing except dried out leaves ! If I would have fimmed it at the right time it wouldn’t be mangled as it is ! Thank you for the reply, I going to use your .02 :snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom