Welcome to da Shack!

Here is what I am trying to do. I have removed the sheetrock and some wood to have a path to pull air from under the house.

S6300665_1600x1200_.JPG

Then I made a wood cover and mounted the fan and ducting to it.

S6300667_1600x1200_.JPG

Next I will run the 10" insulated flex ducting to the intake side of the room. QUOTE]

Just checking out your grow HoG, plenty of room and lots of girls nicely done!!

Will be watching :goodluck:

My intake setup is a little like yours just with a smaller fan, but to the point. Tons of bugs live under your house make sure your put a good screen, in a area you can get to it and change it out. The screen will get really clogged after a few months or maybe even a month since your pulling more air then me. Also have a really good filter(mold/bugs) in that intake step up. I believe i saw a filter on your wall really nice setup easy to replace and air tight, i think. Anyways just trying to give you the heads up. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with always looking for good ideas!!!

Rockon!!:tommy:

My intake setup is a little like yours just with a smaller fan, but to the point. Tons of bugs live under your house make sure your put a good screen, in a area you can get to it and change it out. The screen will get really clogged after a few months or maybe even a month since your pulling more air then me. Also have a really good filter(mold/bugs) in that intake step up. I believe i saw a filter on your wall really nice setup easy to replace and air tight, i think. Anyways just trying to give you the heads up. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with always looking for good ideas!!!

There is an inlet screen to stop the big stuff and two furnace filters at the intake ports of the room.

Not any mold or mildew as it's very well ventilated and the only bugs to speak of are spiders.

Gave it a lot of thought (unusual for me) before I chose to do it. It's the coolest air that I can source to feed the room. I may also install an automotive automatic transmission cooler acting as a chiller inline if I continue to have temp issues.

One more item to address is my portable a/c. The exhaust hose for the unit is twenty feet long and it isn't supposed to be more than six. The condenser fan in the unit just doesn't have enough strength to push the hot air twenty feet effectively, so the condenser temp gets too high and shuts off. Going to relocate the a/c into the center of the back wall and add insulated ducting with an inline fan to increase air flow and improve a/c perfromance.

Never ending........:grinjoint:

Just an update on the ventilation mod:

This is the insulated 10" ducting running from under the house to the room inlet ports...

S6300673.JPG

Backside of the inlet port and furnace filters..

S6300674.JPG

Sheetrock up and a view of the underside of the air plenum built out of cardboard. The insulated ducting enters the plenum from the far side. The open ports are the reflector fan intakes. These may get ducted into the plenum at a later date. The relay is for the light mover with the signal coming from the light timer..

S6300679.JPG

Inside view of the cardboard plenum and the openings that flow down into the intakes..

S6300677.JPG

Top view of the plenum with the ducting attached..

S6300683.JPG

Insulation wrapped around plenum..

S6300686.JPG

Hopefully cooler temps after all this...:grinjoint:

Sheeeesh man, that's a serious bill.

Freaked me out a bit now cos I have just gone aircon and the unit is 3times what my lights are but everyone stops growing here in Spain during the summer as the temps are just too high.

I need to figure out if there are more efficient ways of running the aircon unit now.

sighhh.

In your case it seriously sounds as tho a 'generator' is the best solution which Im sure can be installed for less than that bill nowadays.

VERY NICE !!!! Great idea on the cardboard plenum, saves a shit load in sheet metal, and helps with the humidity coming in.

Gotta run what ya brung! :grinjoint:

Gonna throw a few pics of the bitches before lights on....

This is the GDP row,
S6300672.JPG

HK and GDP mix,
S6300671.JPG

GDP,
S6300670.JPG

:smokin:

In your case it seriously sounds as tho a 'generator' is the best solution which Im sure can be installed for less than that bill nowadays.

Considering that power generation is my vocation, I should hopefully know what I am talking about. Excluding remote locations, generators are not cheaper to run than utility power (even @ $.49 a kwh). That's excluding the purchase price which ain't cheap.

Considering that power generation is my vocation, I should hopefully know what I am talking about. Excluding remote locations, generators are not cheaper to run than utility power (even @ $.49 a kwh). That's excluding the purchase price which ain't cheap.

Well yeahh you are probably right, I was just talking 'off the cuff' cos of the running costs of course. Its actually a shame that being 'off the grid' is actually unrealistic in 99.9% of all requirements., be it solar, water, wind, diesel the lot..

anyway, keep up the great work

:thumb:

hey hogdady everything is looking rather impressive :) those electric prices are god damb to high!!!! the prices over hear are actualy falling which is a huge suprise. theres a thing they call energy poverty here were if you spend more than 10% of your household income on energy its classed as energy poverty. there was a big drive to bring down the prices as the majority were 10%+ specialy those outa work. (i used to have a sideline job selling energy over the phone) i think the cheapest plan with the cheapest company here is about 7.5p pkw

Back
Top Bottom