Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

Made it! Caught up again VG. I saw that you were discussing grow tents earlier and the Gorilla LITE 2X4 was mentioned. That is the tent which I have had the longest now. Probably 5 years or so. It is a great bit of kit and I can see it giving me plenty more years of use yet. I have probably jinxed myself and one of the zips will brake tomorrow lol
:passitleft:

Made it! Caught up again VG. I saw that you were discussing grow tents earlier and the Gorilla LITE 2X4 was mentioned. That is the tent which I have had the longest now. Probably 5 years or so. It is a great bit of kit and I can see it giving me plenty more years of use yet. I have probably jinxed myself and one of the zips will brake tomorrow lol
:passitleft:
For about $40 more dollars she got the regular tent with the super thick canvas.

Glad to hear that the quality on the lite series is good though. I will recommend both. $40 can be too much for some in an uncertain economy.

I un-jinx you. I can do that. Trust me.... :green_heart:

For about $40 more dollars she got the regular tent with the super thick canvas.

Glad to hear that the quality on the lite series is good though. I will recommend both. $40 can be too much for some in an uncertain economy.

I un-jinx you. I can do that. Trust me.... :green_heart:
If the price difference was that much when I purchased mine then I would have gone for the original as well. It was more like a hundred more though. The gorilla lite is way better than the Green Qube and the Secret Jardin tents which I have owned and have degraded in that time to the point where I have retired them. The main problems I get with tents seems to be the poles going rusty, zips shattering and the outer fabric going mouldy. The gorilla has avoided those problems and still looks good. it's one of those things that when it goes it'll be an end to an era lol.

:ciao: Vg

It's 4:44 you wanna :passitleft:

If the price difference was that much when I purchased mine then I would have gone for the original as well. It was more like a hundred more though. The gorilla lite is way better than the Green Qube and the Secret Jardin tents which I have owned and have degraded in that time to the point where I have retired them. The main problems I get with tents seems to be the poles going rusty, zips shattering and the outer fabric going mouldy. The gorilla has avoided those problems and still looks good. it's one of those things that when it goes it'll be an end to an era lol.
Got a Gorilla back in December it was a replacement for another brand tent I bought that was defective. I love the Gorilla thick fabric, strong zippers and it's has ports everywhere. That's great to hear after 5 years the Gorilla is still going strong for you Prof they seem to be worth the money in my opinion. I have a couple of other tents and like you said my poles are going rusty and there is mold where the ducting is going out of the tent.

Got a Gorilla back in December it was a replacement for another brand tent I bought that was defective. I love the Gorilla thick fabric, strong zippers and it's has ports everywhere. That's great to hear after 5 years the Gorilla is still going strong for you Prof they seem to be worth the money in my opinion. I have a couple of other tents and like you said my poles are going rusty and there is mold where the ducting is going out of the tent.
You seriously have to ask!?!?!?:p:D;):passitleft:

Provided you give it a good clean with a cloth and soapy water every now and then you'll have that tent for many years to come. Is yours a lite or an original? I can't even imagine how the original could be better than the lite as the lite is so much better than so many top of the range tents.
@Virgin Ground Is Gorilla Tents still a sponsor? I remember they used to be but ive not seen much of them in recent months. apologies for asking but you seem much more versed in things around here than me.
My Gorilla Tent 2x4 is my pride and joy (other than the kids and missus obviously :rolleyes:) and has seen so many strains come and go. I wouldn't like to guess how many strains have been through that tent but id put money on it being in the hundreds now.

Provided you give it a good clean with a cloth and soapy water every now and then you'll have that tent for many years to come. Is yours a lite or an original? I can't even imagine how the original could be better than the lite as the lite is so much better than so many top of the range tents.
@Virgin Ground Is Gorilla Tents still a sponsor? I remember they used to be but ive not seen much of them in recent months. apologies for asking but you seem much more versed in things around here than me.
My Gorilla Tent 2x4 is my pride and joy (other than the kids and missus obviously :rolleyes:) and has seen so many strains come and go. I wouldn't like to guess how many strains have been through that tent but id put money on it being in the hundreds now.
Yes, they are still a sponsor. :green_heart:

I usually give it a good wipe down between runs and I dealt with PM on my last run so I made sure I cleaned it well. I have an original and it came with a 1 foot extension so it gives me 8 feet of total height which came in handy with the Pog and Bog, not that I want plants that tall again.
I was wondering if Gorilla were a sponsor myself I wanted to post a cool accessory for them that the guy at the grow shop turned me on to but didn't want to get my hand slapped.

I was reading on mold and mildew remediation. Bleach is good for solid surfaces only. It cannot get into porous materials. White vinegar can though. It will attack the mold down to it's root structures. It stinks pretty bad as you'll be using it at full strength but it does air out by the next day.

Test in inconspicuous area. Lol.
It should be fine.

Of course you wouldn't be using bleach on the exterior of a tent....that would be silly pants!!!

I was reading on mold and mildew remediation. Bleach is good for solid surfaces only. It cannot get into porous materials. White vinegar can though. It will attack the mold down to it's root structures. It stinks pretty bad as you'll be using it at full strength but it does air out by the next day.

Test in inconspicuous area. Lol.
It should be fine.

Of course you wouldn't be using bleach on the exterior of a tent....that would be silly pants!!!
Thabks Vg! I'm gonna try the vinegar. The mold I have is on the inside of the tent where the exhaust ducting goes out, it's not on the mylar it's on the fabric that you can close around the ducting.

Thabks Vg! I'm gonna try the vinegar. The mold I have is on the inside of the tent where the exhaust ducting goes out, it's not on the mylar it's on the fabric that you can close around the ducting.
Excerpt from a canvas tent company's blog....

Identify it: Mold can come in many shapes and colors but generally on canvas it looks like tiny black, blue, or green specks peppered into the canvas.

Kill it: Spray it with distilled white vinegar. Let dry.

Clean it: Scrub it lightly with a soft brush using a mixture of salt, lemon, and hot water. Avoid using detergent soaps or bleach which is harsh on canvas and tough to rinse out. Let dry.

Back
Top Bottom