V4L's SeedsMan Comparative Grow: Banana Jealousy 2024

Happy Monday fellow Growmies!

Bad news for me... Last night I was looking at the under budz/Larf and I noticed some swollen calyxes. So I squeezed one and out pops a seed... So I definitely hermied 😥... I only checked over the one plant last night and I could see swollen calyxes all over the lower laryfy budz, I squeezed a few and more seeds popped out. I am sure it was light stress, I couldn't get those lights high enough. The good news is that the larf is real frosty. I'll try and make the best of it.

So a real effed up day for me yesterday, I also lost a long time friend yesterday 😭... RIP Earl

:green_heart::peacetwo::green_heart:
Big hugs, sorry about your friend. 😔

Happy Monday fellow Growmies!

Bad news for me... Last night I was looking at the under budz/Larf and I noticed some swollen calyxes. So I squeezed one and out pops a seed... So I definitely hermied 😥... I only checked over the one plant last night and I could see swollen calyxes all over the lower laryfy budz, I squeezed a few and more seeds popped out. I am sure it was light stress, I couldn't get those lights high enough. The good news is that the larf is real frosty. I'll try and make the best of it.

So a real effed up day for me yesterday, I also lost a long time friend yesterday 😭... RIP Earl

:green_heart::peacetwo::green_heart:
Well darn. Keep the mature seeds though.

Very sorry about about the loss of your long time friend. :green_heart: :rip::green_heart:

A few pics from last night

IMG_5342.jpeg

IMG_5343.jpeg

IMG_5344.jpeg
IMG_5345.jpeg
Good looking seeds, are you gonna grow one or 2? I wouldn't be able to help myself, if I find any surprises in the calyxes..ima grow out at least one of my grand-seeds. Lol

Good looking seeds, are you gonna grow one or 2? I wouldn't be able to help myself, if I find any surprises in the calyxes..ima grow out at least one of my grand-seeds. Lol
If I do it will be 12/12 from seed, I'll probably give some away

If I do it will be 12/12 from seed, I'll probably give some away
When you grow them 12/12 from seed do they grow and mature faster? Does it effect the size of the plant taking out the extra hours that is usually used for the vegging?

When you grow them 12/12 from seed do they grow and mature faster? Does it effect the size of the plant taking out the extra hours that is usually used for the vegging?
I have never grown from 12/12 before. But my understanding is that the plant will not start flowering until it reaches maturity, so there may be only 2 or 3 weeks of veg time , probably depending on the strain. Less veg time equals smaller plants.

A few pics from last night

IMG_5342.jpeg

IMG_5343.jpeg

IMG_5344.jpeg
IMG_5345.jpeg
As lo9ng as you don't have a shit-load, it should be alright. I got a few in all my outdoor 2 years ago. Trichomes were rich and am finishing off 2 plants from those seeds in question. Will be my best indoor grow ever.

I have never grown from 12/12 before. But my understanding is that the plant will not start flowering until it reaches maturity, so there may be only 2 or 3 weeks of veg time , probably depending on the strain. Less veg time equals smaller plants.
To be honest, Veg. I don't even understand the concept of 12/12 during veg stage. They need at least 18 hours from the start of veg. When you decide to flower after 4 weeks or so (with inddor, it's up to you, then go to 12/12. The veg cycle needs light and and ventillation/under cropping. Still learning that myself. Autos light up 21/3.

The better the lighting, the tighter the buds will be. This one has 200 watts and the colas will be awesome in 3-4 weeks.

Cheers!

To be honest, Veg. I don't even understand the concept of 12/12 during veg stage. They need at least 18 hours from the start of veg. When you decide to flower after 4 weeks or so (with inddor, it's up to you, then go to 12/12. The veg cycle needs light and and ventillation/under cropping. Still learning that myself. Autos light up 21/3.

The better the lighting, the tighter the buds will be. This one has 200 watts and the colas will be awesome in 3-4 weeks.

Cheers!
12/12 from seed is a thing, to keep the plants small. My understanding is that plant grown 12/12 from seed will grow one main cola and only a few side branches.

I am starting to plan my next grow! Looks like I will be growing Autoflower seeds from site sponsor @North Atlantic Seed Co . The plan is growing 2 - Emerald Fire OG Autos, 1- Bruce Banner Auto and 1 - Fastbudz CBD 20:1 Auto. I just placed a order for the Fastbudz CBD 20:1 Auto, and they included 4 freebie seeds with my order... So things may change if one of the freebies looks more appealing.

12/12 from seed is a thing, to keep the plants small. My understanding is that plant grown 12/12 from seed will grow one main cola and only a few side branches.
Yes indeed. Back when SOG first became a thing, this was the method most growers used. I remember a High Times article from 20 years ago explaining how the Dutch were doing it by crowding clones together in rockwool and using ebb and flow systems.

I am starting to plan my next grow! Looks like I will be growing Autoflower seeds from site sponsor @North Atlantic Seed Co . The plan is growing 2 - Emerald Fire OG Autos, 1- Bruce Banner Auto and 1 - Fastbudz CBD 20:1 Auto. I just placed a order for the Fastbudz CBD 20:1 Auto, and they included 4 freebie seeds with my order... So things may change if one of the freebies looks more appealing.
I'm about to start a FastBuds autos mystery pack - there's a candy shop and a cornucopia of fruit in there somewhere lol

Happy Saturday fellow Growers! Budz are drying, i'm working on getting the humidity down to around 62%, currently around 63% - 64%. I have approx 8 ounces of Top budz trimmed and probably around 4 more ounces left to trim. I have another big bag of smaller budz and larf that I need to clean up... Pics of the Budz coming soon.

My @North Atlantic Seed Co order arrived today! Lots of freebies! I also purchased a Tee shirt! Pics below

IMG_5356.jpg
IMG_5357.jpg
IMG_5358.jpg
IMG_5359.jpg

I'm about to start a FastBuds autos mystery pack - there's a candy shop and a cornucopia of fruit in there somewhere lol
Ha Ha! One of the Freebies @North Atlantic Seed Co sent me is Banana Purple Punch Auto, description says "Expect a candy like Terpene Profile". Looks like I'll get My Fruit & candy fix without spiking my blood sugar!

Good morning, Banana Jealousy is in the jars curing. Just over 10 ounces of top buds, a big bag of larf, another bag of trim and a small jar of seeds…
A little disappointing on the yield. Plants just grew too tall for my space and were stressed by the light. What I was worried about before I started the grow. The buds and the larf has lots of trichomes, so hopefully there is some potency and terps. Very loud smell. I usually average around 20 ounces in this space for one harvest. A few pics below

IMG_5367.jpeg
IMG_5368.jpeg
IMG_5370.jpeg

Good morning, Banana Jealousy is in the jars curing. Just over 10 ounces of top buds, a big bag of larf, another bag of trim and a small jar of seeds…
A little disappointing on the yield. Plants just grew too tall for my space and were stressed by the light. What I was worried about before I started the grow. The buds and the larf has lots of trichomes, so hopefully there is some potency and terps. Very loud smell. I usually average around 20 ounces in this space for one harvest. A few pics below

IMG_5367.jpeg
IMG_5368.jpeg
IMG_5370.jpeg
Look how the 2 purple ones just stand out of the crowd 💎 Awesome

10oz isn't bad...
What was the volume of your root space / grow area / lamp wattage
I aim for 25g per litre of coco @40w sq/ft and wondering - does that equate?

IMG_5367.jpeg
IMG_5368.jpeg
IMG_5370.jpeg
Awesome!!

Banana Jealousy is still in the jars, I should be squishing some soon!

Here are some pics of my indoor pepper plants, Count Mattcula

IMG_5389.jpeg
IMG_5390.jpeg
IMG_5391.jpeg
IMG_5395.jpeg

IMG_5367.jpeg
IMG_5368.jpeg
IMG_5370.jpeg
Congrats on the harvest nice haul of sweet looking bud

Back
Top Bottom