Trying to understand grams per watt

RuleAndrews

I know this topic has been brought up, but I cant seem to find an answer to my questions.

Right now I have 930 watts in a tent (true watts from the wall)

So hypothetically speaking if I was going to get 1 grams per watt, I would end up with 930 grams.

If I put one plant under 930 watts I would end up with 930 grams.
What if I put 4 plants in the same area? Would I still end up with 930 grams or 232.5 grams per plant?
What if I had 10 plants? Same out come? Just smaller yield per plant?

1 gr per watt is considered the upper limit not a starting point

Usually calculated after harvest to determine how close you came to the gr/watt

1 gr per watt is considered the upper limit not a starting point

Usually calculated after harvest to determine how close you came to the gr/watt

I get that. I said 1 gram for simple math. Take the same question and apply .25 grams per watt or .10 grams per watt..

You can't focus 930w on one plant really

So it is what actually covers the plant or area

Like a 5x5 tent with 930w and full of plants, wall to wall

That's a more realistic scenario

That would be a HUGE plant if it was one...lol

You can't focus 930w on one plant really

So it is what actually covers the plant or area

Like a 5x5 tent with 930w and full of plants, wall to wall

That's a more realistic scenario

That would be a HUGE plant if it was one...lol
That makes sense. In my head, I was like " Why grow 4 plants when I could grow one and get the same yield."

If yer lights cover only a % of yer space, and yet plants are in even less %, then you'd adjust accordingly
I dont quite understand...

So I have a 4x4 grow tent with 930 watts, I have 4 plants that take up roughly a 2.5 x 2.5 area. So if I got .2 grams per watt and put 8 plants in double the area, would I end up with the same yield as the 4 plants?

Another question:

If you were growing based on yield alone, would it matter what strain you grew? Or would some strains yield more grams per watts than others?

Could i expect .2 grams per watt from one strain and maybe 1 gram per watt from another strain given the growing conditions were the same?

Honestly your growing ability matters the most

Growing for yield will always be a let down until your good and successful at growing

Sure some strains yield more
But same strain with a rookie or seasoned grower, well guess who will get better results

Focus on how to grow, not how much you'll get

Honestly your growing ability matters the most

Growing for yield will always be a let down until your good and successful at growing

Sure some strains yield more
But same strain with a rookie or seasoned grower, well guess who will get better results

Focus on how to grow, not how much you'll get

I hear ya. I'm not growing for yield, there is not monetary value in it for me, but I am trying to clear up some confusion I had regarding yields.

Have u grown before?

All the aspects of growing contribute to the yield, nit just light

If you burn them or other issues that will greatly effect the plant in a negative way, thus yield will suffer

I guess my question was more from a technical stand point. Two identical growers (Hypothetical) grow two different strains, but both have the same growing equipment and growing strategies and both based their grows off the "gram per watt theory" would there be that much of a difference?

I guess my question was more from a technical stand point. Two identical growers (Hypothetical) grow two different strains, but both have the same growing equipment and growing strategies and both based their grows off the "gram per watt theory" would there be that much of a difference?

Yes indeed

Some strains grow or yield much better than others, some faster, some longer

But if yield isn't a major concern, grow what u like, or try a few like I did when I started

Yes indeed

But if yield isn't a major concern, grow what u like, or try a few like I did when I started
Yes indeed

Thanks man!!!!

Back
Top Bottom