Tims First Hydro Grow- Tons of Pics! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, PPP

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

I had not heard that low temps would cause purpling. That's good to know. Everything I've seen says purpling is usually one of the 3 big nutes - n-p-k. I tend to think its N at the early stages and P,K later. With a balanced nute (like any brand name) my experience has been to just up the nutes a little, rather than try to figure out the specific deficiency.

In your case - I would not change out the water. Just add a little nute. And you might need to pH up back to 5.7 - but the nutes at the right level usually gets my water pretty damn close to the right pH as well. In other words the pH drifts up naturally, and when I top off with nutes it brings it back down to where I want it.

I won't hazard a guess to the specific ppm - but basically - you can continue to raise it until you see a little tip burn. A tiny bit of burn or yellowing is a good thing in new clones for two reasons - 1 the plants do it on their own - they take nutes from one part of the plant to aid in new growth elsewhere. 2 - raising the ppm slowly is what you're supposed to do anyways, and the tiniest tip burn shows you're maxing it out. You can ease back from there or keep it there - up to you. I let mine just grow into it if I see a little burn. Excessive tip burn or shrivelling is bad of course.

I love the caution and the willingness to check out all aspects of your environment, but at a certain point you gotta just go for it. See what those little gals want. You're clearly on top of it - so small increases in your nutes is basically safe. You'll see any damage you're doing as quickly as you saw the purpling, and they're really just two sides of the same coin.

Sorry was so long - am up early today and medicated right before checking your thread. Dang wake and bake.

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

Very nice healthy looking plants and those clones are too shabby either, Great job keep up the great work... Love seeing those plants growing up.. + rep

oh yaaa if they got roots they are hungry. pretty much I think you put 600-700 on those clones you'll see new growth in days.l

There's already 1 - 2 sets of new leaves on almost every clone.

Next week Im going to head down to the Hydro store and pick up 16 buckets and net-pot lids, 3/4 inch tubing, 2 water pumps, big bag of hydrotron rocks and either a 600 or a 1,000 watt MH light so I can set up my Veg room. Then I'll put all the clones in there and put them at 700-800 ppm. Today I'm going to change out my res for my clones and replace it with 600 ppm nutes for now.

I had not heard that low temps would cause purpling. That's good to know. Everything I've seen says purpling is usually one of the 3 big nutes - n-p-k. I tend to think its N at the early stages and P,K later. With a balanced nute (like any brand name) my experience has been to just up the nutes a little, rather than try to figure out the specific deficiency.

In your case - I would not change out the water. Just add a little nute. And you might need to pH up back to 5.7 - but the nutes at the right level usually gets my water pretty damn close to the right pH as well. In other words the pH drifts up naturally, and when I top off with nutes it brings it back down to where I want it.

I won't hazard a guess to the specific ppm - but basically - you can continue to raise it until you see a little tip burn. A tiny bit of burn or yellowing is a good thing in new clones for two reasons - 1 the plants do it on their own - they take nutes from one part of the plant to aid in new growth elsewhere. 2 - raising the ppm slowly is what you're supposed to do anyways, and the tiniest tip burn shows you're maxing it out. You can ease back from there or keep it there - up to you. I let mine just grow into it if I see a little burn. Excessive tip burn or shrivelling is bad of course.

I love the caution and the willingness to check out all aspects of your environment, but at a certain point you gotta just go for it. See what those little gals want. You're clearly on top of it - so small increases in your nutes is basically safe. You'll see any damage you're doing as quickly as you saw the purpling, and they're really just two sides of the same coin.

Sorry was so long - am up early today and medicated right before checking your thread. Dang wake and bake.

I'm just going to change the whole res out. I added tap water in the beginning and my tap water is horrible. Around 300 ppm. So I want to make sure that plants are getting plenty of what they need and not have a whole bunch of extra salts that just keep my ppm higher than what it needs to be.

Plus I've been collecting some rain water this past week and I want to use it. 0 ppm. I've collected about 10 gallons, which is the size of my clone res. So it works out perfect. I dont have to take a trip to the RO machine.

I thought about collecting some of that darn rain, guess I missed the boat on that one. Thats got to be the best water.. Oh well next time...

I thought about collecting some of that darn rain, guess I missed the boat on that one. Thats got to be the best water.. Oh well next time...

Lol. Yeah... I have about 5 big buckets out in my backyard. I'm in Southern California. Its still raining here. This is the most rain that we've gotten in years. Usually it will rain one day, then not again for about a month. Then we'll get maybe another day or two of rain and then none again for another month. But this week, its been raining hard every single day since last Sunday and its not done yet. We've had about 3 Tornado warnings this week, which I've never heard of in California. We get earthquakes and thats about it. So I took advantage of this rain.

Purple stems are almost always due to genetics or cold temps. If you have been getting a little cool then thats most likely it. the leaves will tell you a better story then the stems when it comes to def. Your clones look A+

Wow - that's great confirmation from Grow Support. I would take that as gospel. I know it makes me have to rethink my night time temps.

You'll still see new growth in days! I am a proponent of always pushing the plant as hard as it can go if you are seeing burn on the very tippys of them shortly after feeding that goes away rather than manifests into more burn thats the line I aim to travel with nutrient strength.

Wow - that's great confirmation from Grow Support. I would take that as gospel. I know it makes me have to rethink my night time temps.

LoL. I just noticed that it said grow support under the name. Yeah... I knew it wasnt the strain. So it had to be either the nutes or the temps. I read that cold temps made the plants purple. I just cant remember where I read that. The gospel of the Grow Support just confirms it. lol.

You'll still see new growth in days! I am a proponent of always pushing the plant as hard as it can go if you are seeing burn on the very tippys of them shortly after feeding that goes away rather than manifests into more burn thats the line I aim to travel with nutrient strength.

Gottcha. I heard that from a few growers, that they shoot for the lightly burnt tips, then back off just a bit. I think I'll do the same.

Yep - I think you're gonna get nice growth. As we all know - its certainly possible to have multiple small things that need to be addressed. I'm confident you can use the additional nutes, and I'm also confident fixing the temps is a good thing as well.

I'm also confident you've got things well in hand.

Yep - I think you're gonna get nice growth. As we all know - its certainly possible to have multiple small things that need to be addressed. I'm confident you can use the additional nutes, and I'm also confident fixing the temps is a good thing as well.

I'm also confident you've got things well in hand.

Well thank you. Thats a lot of confident's. lol. Well I always hope for the best and read as much as I can. I've read so much that everything I read now I already know, but I still read it anyway in hopes that it will tell me something that the last book didnt.

So thanks for the vote of confidence. It means a lot. I just cant wait for the buds to start forming in my flowering room. I sit there and stare at them everyday, just waiting. I want to fast forward time, to 6-8 weeks from now. I just need to be patient though.

Well thank you. Thats a lot of confident's. lol. Well I always hope for the best and read as much as I can. I've read so much that everything I read now I already know, but I still read it anyway in hopes that it will tell me something that the last book didnt.

So thanks for the vote of confidence. It means a lot. I just cant wait for the buds to start forming in my flowering room. I sit there and stare at them everyday, just waiting. I want to fast forward time, to 6-8 weeks from now. I just need to be patient though.

No doubt man. I'm in the same boat on both counts. I'll re-read the same info 100 times to find that one missing piece I've not gotten elsewhere. That's also why I tend to be a little long in my answers - I figure it helps the other person decide if they want to take my advice for their situation.

And I'm about to smoke my carpet if these plants don't hurry up!

No doubt man. I'm in the same boat on both counts. I'll re-read the same info 100 times to find that one missing piece I've not gotten elsewhere. That's also why I tend to be a little long in my answers - I figure it helps the other person decide if they want to take my advice for their situation.

And I'm about to smoke my carpet if these plants don't hurry up!

LoL. Well make sure to vacuum it first. lol.

I just ordered some seeds today for my 3rd grow that I plan to start in a little less then a month. Actually, whenever the seeds get here.

I ordered from Attitude and Single Seed. Here's what I got.

Super Lemon Haze - GreenHouse
Kali Mist - Serious Seed
Northern Lights - Nirvana
LA Woman - DNA (Free)
RockLock - DNA (Free)
Bubblelicious - Nirvana
White Widow - Nirvana
Snow White - Nirvana

Next week I'll be getting my Veg room ready for my clones to go in and adding 10 buckets to my flowering room. So for now, I'll have 16 buckets in each room (Flower & Veg). I planned on 24, but I'm going to try out 16 first to see how it goes.

Here's my shopping list:

1 - 1,000 Watt MH Ballast
1 - LumenAir 6" Reflector
1 - 5 Gal Bucket (to use as the controller bucket)
26 - 3.5 Gal Buckets
26 - 10" Net Pot Bucket Lids
2 - 130 GPH Submergeable Water Pumps
2 - Timers (1 minute intervals)
1 - (50 Bag) 3/4" Barbed Tees
1 - (10 Bag) 3/4" Barbed Elbows
1 - (25 Bag) 1/2" Gromments (couldnt find 3/4", but I'm sure the 1/2" will work. There stretchy)
1 - 100ft Roll, 3/4" Black Tube
2 - 55 gal. Water Storage Barrels
3 - 50 liter Bag Hydrotron Rocks

....... and that should get me going. Next will be additional HPS lights for my flowering room, light movers, then CO2. I should have the above going by late next week.

Next week I'll be getting my Veg room ready for my clones to go in and adding 10 buckets to my flowering room. So for now, I'll have 16 buckets in each room (Flower & Veg). I planned on 24, but I'm going to try out 16 first to see how it goes.

Here's my shopping list:

1 - 1,000 Watt MH Ballast
1 - LumenAir 6" Reflector
1 - 5 Gal Bucket (to use as the controller bucket)
26 - 3.5 Gal Buckets
26 - 10" Net Pot Bucket Lids
2 - 130 GPH Submergeable Water Pumps
2 - Timers (1 minute intervals)
1 - (50 Bag) 3/4" Barbed Tees
1 - (10 Bag) 3/4" Barbed Elbows
1 - (25 Bag) 1/2" Gromments (couldnt find 3/4", but I'm sure the 1/2" will work. There stretchy)
1 - 100ft Roll, 3/4" Black Tube
2 - 55 gal. Water Storage Barrels
3 - 50 liter Bag Hydrotron Rocks

....... and that should get me going. Next will be additional HPS lights for my flowering room, light movers, then CO2. I should have the above going by late next week.

Nice shopping list.

Back
Top Bottom