The pH Or Not To pH Grow Journal

Awesome experiment @Buds Buddy , hopefully all goes well for both! They look good! :yummy:
So far I'm quite pleased with the results. Both look pretty much the same. One is just slightly bigger but they came from seeds ... not clones. I wish the Auto's would get done so have more room to work & spread things out better. I expected them to be done already as it's been close to 11 - 12 weeks since the seeds were planted. Looks like it could be 2 - 3 weeks til they finish. With 2 DWC & 5 soil plants in the same area it's getting crowded. As soon as the 2 Auto's finish I'll do a trim & flip to 12/12.

No Perlite needed. There's enough in it already.
Thank you my friend. The other friend was saying yes to get it but since I been on here taking your and others advice my plants have grown alot so thank you very much from the bottom of my heart for all the advice its very much appreciated. I feel like they grow by the hour lol. I'm having trouble with the humidity I'm trying to get it up but in process temperature going up fans making humidity go down what ya think? 55 humidity bad at this stage right?

Attachments

• 15963289075281106725778758294734.jpg
    15963289075281106725778758294734.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
Right now I'm dealing with an AZ. heat issue. It's been over 115 F for about 15 days straight. It's torture on all my garden plants. I have to water 2 - 3 times per day. Those high temps for so long are causing heat issues in my grow room also. I've reached 81 F. If I only had soil plants I wouldn't consider it that big of a deal. But DWC I have to keep the water cool so keeping the grow room 77 F or less is quite critical. At 77 in the grow room my water temp stay 72 - 75 which is OK.

Trust me I feel ur pain on the DWC and temp sweet spot, I dont have a water chiller so I keep my tent around 72-74, but I feel like I’m losing some growth with the low temps, luckily I don’t have that crazy heat but it’s been over 60rh in my area, so tent trying to get to like 80rh with lights out, also a pain, I just ordered another dehumidifier, not mush else to do lol

Thank you my friend. The other friend was saying yes to get it but since I been on here taking your and others advice my plants have grown alot so thank you very much from the bottom of my heart for all the advice its very much appreciated. I feel like they grow by the hour lol. I'm having trouble with the humidity I'm trying to get it up but in process temperature going up fans making humidity go down what ya think? 55 humidity bad at this stage right?
They will be fine with 55% Humidity. My current grow is running at about 55% too & I have No Issues at all.
The one time I had everything just perfect through the whole grow it made -0- difference from the grows I did that weren't as perfect. Didn't increase potency, yield, or anything else. Besides, some strains like higher heat, some less. Some like more Humidity, some not. There's many variances to growing depending on the strain. Something that came from the Afghani Desert would probably do better in AZ. but not do as well in New York. So would you adjust your tent temps to match the Afghani desert temps. Alaskan Thunderfuck would probably grow better in a colder climate & not well in AZ. unless you replicated those conditions in your tent.
I kind of think that's why they say 60% - 75% RH & 72 - 77 Temps. Because different plants like different temps & RH.

Trust me I feel ur pain on the DWC and temp sweet spot, I dont have a water chiller so I keep my tent around 72-74, but I feel like I’m losing some growth with the low temps, luckily I don’t have that crazy heat but it’s been over 60rh in my area, so tent trying to get to like 80rh with lights out, also a pain, I just ordered another dehumidifier, not mush else to do lol
I'm in search of a decent price portable A/C. I seen several with heat & a dehumidifier so looking for one like that. Just need one big enough for a 5' x 10' x 7 ' tent (350 cu. ft.) so an 8000 BTU should do the trick. My window A/C was doing fine until 2 days ago so I'm wondering if it's going out or if this heat is too much for it.

Looks like you could lower your light a little more or turn it up a little. Plants are still stretching a lot.
I'd lower the light if possible. You don't really want a long thin stem. Shorter & fatter gives much better support & easier to train.

Do you open the screen vents on the back side of your tent ? Let some of the Humidity out that way. Usually no light gets in when you open the vents that are against the back wall.

They will be fine with 55% Humidity. My current grow is running at about 55% too & I have No Issues at all.
The one time I had everything just perfect through the whole grow it made -0- difference from the grows I did that weren't as perfect. Didn't increase potency, yield, or anything else. Besides, some strains like higher heat, some less. Some like more Humidity, some not. There's many variances to growing depending on the strain. Something that came from the Afghani Desert would probably do better in AZ. but not do as well in New York. So would you adjust your tent temps to match the Afghani desert temps. Alaskan Thunderfuck would probably grow better in a colder climate & not well in AZ. unless you replicated those conditions in your tent.
I kind of think that's why they say 60% - 75% RH & 72 - 77 Temps. Because different plants like different temps & RH.
I have pin holes in my tent and I see little tiny lights in the middle of the night I tried covering them up to no avail is that by any chance going to affect my plants at all in any kind way at any growth stage of my babies?

I have pin holes in my tent and I see little tiny lights in the middle of the night I tried covering them up to no avail is that by any chance going to affect my plants at all in any kind way at any growth stage of my babies?
Turn the lights off in the tent. Light up the area around the tent outside of it. Get inside & close it up. Use Foil tape to cover any pin holes you see. Most the time you don't see any light coming in unless it's a bigger hole or through the zippers.

I'd love to try this experiment, but I have a well and my water was so acidic that it was eating my copper pipes. I had a whole house pH buffering machine put in, but we can't get the pH dialed in. Right now it has gone too far the other way and it sits at 9.7! I bet the plants wouldn't like that!

so light going out is ok if I can't cover up holes but light coming in is bad??

I'm a novice, so take this with a grain of salt. I remain skeptical that a few tiny pinholes in a tent are going to cause your plant to hermie or reveg. Plants in nature have lots of light at night. I would say that you should get in your tent with whatever lighting there might be in the room when your grow light is off. If you have holes that are lighting up the tent then I would try to cover them. My guess is that you won't have even a fraction of the kind of light that the moon and stars give. JMHO.

Light going out is no problem unless u r trying to hide it, and I feel the same way about very small amounts of light, like the moon reflects light all night, I thinks it’s more for extended exposure to enough light for them to wake up, but like u I am a novice and will cover all my lights till I know for sure lol

Back
Top Bottom