The Mega Crop Thread

Where did it say MC works in hydro no matter what the pH?
I find nothing at all on the site regarding pH. Further research digs up this fact: Amino acids are most effective in pH ranges of 5.0–7.5. Similarly, EDTA is better suited to pH levels of 7.0 and under. So salt based nutes need to be within the well known ranges, but amino acid nutes work from 5.0-7.5. I think in most cases we are going to be fine without adjustment.

True I think they taste better also. I’ve been told I’ve never smoked lol. But no real complaints with hydro and the product it faster and quantity is more. Will say I been told organic is the best ever tasted. But I cute and burp my bud weeks before it goes and firmly believe that’s the most important thing. Even flushing my opinion is up in the air I’ve never heard of a difference.
Yup I have another friend that grows docs omg def looks like the best stuf on the planet @Blazinjones

I find nothing at all on the site regarding pH. Further research digs up this fact: Amino acids are most effective in pH ranges of 5.0–7.5. Similarly, EDTA is better suited to pH levels of 7.0 and under. So salt based nutes need to be within the well known ranges, but amino acid nutes work from 5.0-7.5. I think in most cases we are going to be fine without adjustment.
Sorry girl though u said the web my bad trees Getting to my brain lol

@GreenleafNutr i believe said 5.5-6.5 in hydro is there sweet spot . I already dumped the email back from July.
I’m at 6.2 always befor I flood always evrey morning like clock work checking that ph boy they def showing the love

I’m at 6.2 always befor I flood always evrey morning like clock work checking that ph boy they def showing the love
I hadn’t tried to leave it at 6.1 yet but it seems to be working very well for you ! So you never adjusted the ph at all ?

Yup 6.0 wen I mix nutes n it slowly drifts up 3 days I’m at 6.2 4th day lil ph down keeps it right for the rest of the week till res change or top off witch I’m loving this cold could go a few extra days between water changes n b gravy !!!!

Yup 6.0 wen I mix nutes n it slowly drifts up 3 days I’m at 6.2 4th day lol ph down keeps it right for the rest of the week till res change or top of witch loving this cold could go a few extra days between water changes
Great I like seeing this , maybe why my mother plants have cal issue . When I contacted green leaf nutrients they replied the sweet spot was 5.5-6.5 so 6.0 maybe the magic number . Keep the pics and info coming , thanks Jack

I wanted to bend a bit I usually 5.8 all the way but hells from 6.0 to 6.4 I think I even seen 6.5 so far played it safe witch if didn’t work at 6 would of went a bit Lower but like a lot of ppl say u can run at eny rate but there are risk in my opinion in water. soil ,I will make a batch of soil I’m goin to do the hole grow is just mix mc n see what’s up

Boy lights off u can really c what’s goin on ........ not really super bushy buds all the way down is the only reason I haven’t even took one leaf off giving them more time n more bud site appear to me evrey hr lol jk guys

So salt based nutes need to be within the well known ranges, but amino acid nutes work from 5.0-7.5.

Right. These amino acid nutes need some more experimentation in the real world to see what happens.

Boy lights off u can really c what’s goin on ........ not really super bushy buds all the way down is the only reason I haven’t even took one leaf off giving them more time n more bud site appear to me evrey hr lol jk guys
wow! what a difference!

wow! what a difference!
Right light has really good penetration there good buds growing down the stalk vary close to pot witch is impressive for this new led light :peace:

Dutch Passion has some good auto genetics, so those could be big girls. They tend to run a bit longer than they say, but when is that not true of most seed companies.
I was planning on them taking 12wks , give or take, from seed. And yes, for sure, I'm on 12.5 weeks on on a" 9 week" WW, my last one she just doesn't want to finish.

That makes life easier. I'm not sure of the lineage of all the crosses, but I do know that Dark Devil is normally a smallish plant (as are many of Sweet Seeds autos). I assume any cross of it will be smaller too. I would think it would be easier if you tried to choose plants of similar stature. The Dutch Passions will probably be good sized. I'd try to stick with other plants that are going to stretch too so you can maintain a more even canopy.
Good point , I didn't think about trying to to keep the canopy the same height. I just wanted to grow some Mazar,lol. I knew the Mazar could put on some size, but looking at more pics tonight I can see it can really get big. Most the strains I have shouldn't get too big, or be super small either. He's been working on several of them for quite sometime, but a couple of them are fairly new, so I don't know exactly how their pheno's will turn out. Which to me is part of the fun. Based on past pics he's got some great stuff. Beautiful with nice yields!

I hit my DDA with 6g/gallon as soon as I saw pistils and it seems happy!
20191115_082017 DDA.jpg
I definitely want to choose the Dark Devil if it will look this nice. Good looking plant you've got, can't wait to see her put on weight.
Well I think the Mazar and Dark Devil are in, and I'm leaning heavily toward the S.O.D.K × Bluetoof. I'm really looking forward to this next grow. After doing my best to kill my last grow, lol, I learned a lot. Many on here were super helpful , and answered my questions, even the dumb ones. Thanks again!

This talk of pH is something I have been wondering about with MC in Promix HP so I did a little soil distilled water slurry test today with the soil of my last grow which I never water enough to get runoff with and as a comparison I also did one with fresh Promix HP.

The fresh soil was 5.7 pH and the old used soil was 5.2 pH so it looks like over time the MC lowers the pH more than the lime in the Promix raises it so I am toying with the idea of adding a bit of dolomite lime as I would rather be closer to 6 pH. I am going to test it for a few days.

1121.jpg

I found these links about Promix and Lime added.

I hit my DDA with 6g/gallon as soon as I saw pistils and it seems happy!
20191115_082017 DDA.jpg

I'm not seeing any calcium spots or inter-vein yellowing of magnesium deficiencies. 7 weeks into flower and I'd be at 6.0 minimum. The yellowing you're seeing could just be nitrogen deficiency because of hunger!
Niceeeee loving that purple color brotha

Back
Top Bottom