The Mars Hydro FC-E4800 Sponsored Grow Journal: 3 Classic Strains In Soil

Glad you got a giggle. Nice to hear from you too mate.

Not long now and you will be back at it , just a few more months.

Thanks for the heads up on the SNS. I couldn't find any either. It's a shame, as there's nothing else that compares to their products..

Speak soon brother
Imo I don't come on everyday now to many beautiful plants makes me jealous haha but yeah few months mate and be all set back up I really can not wait 1 plus is I only smoke about 1 to 2 g a day as costs so much and yeah it a real shame seems to be only thing I see that really works hope you and wife all good

Imo I don't come on everyday now to many beautiful plants makes me jealous haha but yeah few months mate and be all set back up I really can not wait 1 plus is I only smoke about 1 to 2 g a day as costs so much and yeah it a real shame seems to be only thing I see that really works hope you and wife all good
I'm honestly gutted for you mate. :confused:

I get jealous looking at everybodys plants too. You and the rest of this forum can grow decent crops, all i grow is weeds lol..
But not long now for you mate.
Is it May when everything returns to normal for you and the family?

I'm honestly gutted for you mate. :confused:

I get jealous looking at everybodys plants too. You and the rest of this forum can grow decent crops, all i grow is weeds lol..
But not long now for you mate.
Is it May when everything returns to normal for you and the family?
Yeah mate last hearing in May I only got dialed in on my last 2 grows only been proud of peyote cookies one your plants now look perfect mate its a very big learning curve growing I think sooooo much to learn can't wait to get back at it now lol

It's a huge learning curve mate. I knew nothing when I first joined here a year ago. I still know nothing :laugh:
The Alcapulco gold doing ok. She's in a tiny little pot, as I was expecting to have few more plants in the tent. So I was keeping them small; but the bugs buggered that plan up..
Next grow will be better, I hope lol..
Anyway.. May is just around the corner :yahoo: looking forward to seeing you drop the beans .. keep in touch mate..

It's a huge learning curve mate. I knew nothing when I first joined here a year ago. I still know nothing :laugh:
The Alcapulco gold doing ok. She's in a tiny little pot, as I was expecting to have few more plants in the tent. So I was keeping them small; but the bugs buggered that plan up..
Next grow will be better, I hope lol..
Anyway.. May is just around the corner :yahoo: looking forward to seeing you drop the beans .. keep in touch mate..
This cutting was grown in a peat plug and handful of coco in a cup just for a laugh...

DSC_0881.JPG

Mars Hydro FC-E4800 sponsored journal

Strains - Alcapulco Gold, Jack Herer, Northern light
Light setting and height- Set at 100% @ 26 inches
Lux- Batteries are dead in the thingy-me-bob
Medium - Off the shelf compost. Young seedling mix, young plant mix and mature plant compost
Nutrients- Off the shelf, liquid organic fruit and vegetable feed
Grow space - 1 metre x 1metre x 2metre
Extraction - AC infinity T6 with smart controller + Carbon filter
Final pot size - 20 litre, plastic
Temp - 19 and 27°C
Rh - Between 42 an 58
Water - Bottled mineral

Hi Everyone :ciao:

How's it growing with you lot?

Right, let's get to it.

Do you rember how I had found the previously infested Blueberry growing outside in the winter? and how I brought her back in and quarantined her in the bathroom?

Well, I stuck her back in the tent as I could see no beasties
Screenshot_20220223-210728_Gallery.jpg

She was in for over a week and then I fed her some of this.
It's organic, as it says BIO on the bottle
Screenshot_20220223-210855_Gallery.jpg

Then I set the fecking thing on fire
Screenshot_20220223-210901_Gallery.jpg
because it has infested my tent with adult bloody thripity buggers.

They must have been dormant in the soil and the heat in the tent has woke them up..

I stuck sticky traps in as soon as I realised and it has caught a few million of them. But, have they laid eggs on the other plants? Time will tell.

I think I've got a K deficiency on the AG. There's a few leaves showing the tell tale burnt edges.
I will be feeding them a flower boost thing tonight, hopefully I've caught it in time. Here is a few photos of the AG
Screenshot_20220223-210719_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220223-210527_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220223-210755_Gallery.jpg

And here is a few shots of the NL
Screenshot_20220223-210458_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220223-210805_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220223-210514_Gallery.jpg

I'm totally gutted about this grow, as its been a disaster. I really can't wait to empty the tent and scrub that room with bleach, then start again.

I will be doing another Journal with the @Mars Hydro FC-E4800 as they deserve a better grow than this one to showcase there light.. I will make you proud @Mars Hydro..

If it wasn't for that cheap soil that came with free thrips,I would have had a tent full of plants..

Anyway, next grow is going to be one massive plant. I have 3ft x3ft x 8ft to play with.. let's fill that tent with some sticky goodness.

Anyway, that's it for today

As always, i thank you all for popping in..

See you all on your side

Paul

You have done the absolute best you could have with the environment you were given. Despite it all those buds look delicious. I am so sorry this grow has given you so many problems with those damn bugs! You're gonna get some good smoke off that AG in the end to get you ramped back up for your next grow, I'm sure of it! Nothing but Mars love friend

You have done the absolute best you could have with the environment you were given. Despite it all those buds look delicious. I am so sorry this grow has given you so many problems with those damn bugs! You're gonna get some good smoke off that AG in the end to get you ramped back up for your next grow, I'm sure of it! Nothing but Mars love friend
Those were soothing words mate, thank you. Just fed up and can't wait till its over.

I'm gone smoke myself happy with th AG:ganjamon: that's if it makes it to the finish line. She is burning lower leaves rapidly..
I didnt give them a P and K boost any time during flower like I normally do, as I know the nutrients i use are lacking what they need. Don't ask me why I didn't. I just assumed I could get away with it this time..

Anyway, nice to hear from you my Mars buddy..

on my way over to your side.

See you there..

DYINGGGGGGG :laugh: :rofl: Literslly.

Paul you have gone to the insanity of this insect madness :rofl::rofl:

I really can't wait to empty the tent and scrub that room with bleach, then start again.
And whats the deal in next couple weeks. :laugh: Strips n sprays, woohoo!

Both AG and NL bulkin up very nicely. I think the rest of them could have made it as well with little more patience (ikr that could have been a risk tho). And next time get quality soil! :)

Heya Paul,

As always with your posts comes the laughs. Somehow you make others smile even when you're fighting bugs with fire, quite literally.

That AP & NL looks like they'll make it to the finish line, and reward you nicely.
A good tip I've seen on here is to bake your soil in the oven to kill off any critters.
Either way brother, sending you and those beautiful girls of yours some positive vibes from across the pond.

Mars Hydro FC-E4800 sponsored journal

Strains - Alcapulco Gold, Jack Herer, Northern light
Light setting and height- Set at 100% @ 26 inches
Lux- batteries are dead in the thingy-me-bob
Medium - Off the shelf compost. Young seedling mix, young plant mix and mature plant compost
Nutrients- Off the shelf, liquid organic fruit and vegetable feed
Grow space - 1 metre x 1metre x 2metre
Extraction - AC infinity T6 with smart controller + Carbon filter
Final pot size - 20 litre, plastic
Temp - 19 and 27°C
Rh - between 42 an 58
Water - Bottled mineral

Hi Everyone :ciao:

How's it growing with you lot?

Right, let's get to it.

Do you rember how I had found the previously infested Blueberry growing outside in the winter? and how I brought her back in and quarantined her in the bathroom?

Well, I stuck her back in the tent as I could see no beasties
Screenshot_20220223-210728_Gallery.jpg

They must have been dormant in the soil and the heat in the tent has woke them up..

I stuck sticky traps in as soon as I realised and it has caught a few million of them. But, have they laid eggs on the other plants? Time will tell.

I think I've got a K deficiency on the AG. There's a few leaves showing the tell tale burnt edges.
I will be feeding them a flower boost thing tonight, hopefully I've caught it in time. Here's is a few photos of the AG
Screenshot_20220223-210719_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220223-210527_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220223-210755_Gallery.jpg

And here is a few shots of the NL
Screenshot_20220223-210458_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220223-210805_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220223-210514_Gallery.jpg

I'm totally gutted about this grow, as its been a disaster. I really can't wait to empty the tent and scrub that room with bleach, then start again.

I will be doing another Journal with the @Mars Hydro FC-E4800 as they deserve a better grow than this one to showcase there light.. I will make you proud @Mars Hydro..

If it wasn't for that cheap soil that came with free thrips,I would have had a tent full of plants..

Anyway, next grow is going to be one massive plant. I have 3ft x3ft x 8ft to play with.. let's fill that tent with some ticky goodness.

Anyway, that's it for today

As always, i thank you all for popping in..

See you all on your side

Paul
Damn, I'm sorry to hear this. I would've thought they would wake up in quarantine.

DYINGGGGGGG :laugh: :rofl: Literslly.

Paul you have gone to the insanity of this insect madness :rofl::rofl:

And whats the deal in next couple weeks. :laugh: Strips n sprays, woohoo!

Both AG and NL bulkin up very nicely. I think the rest of them could have made it as well with little more patience (ikr that could have been a risk tho). And next time get quality soil! :)
They drove me insane mate.

The rest probably could have made it with a bit neem oil or something similar, but i have no patience at all for pests
Burn the little buggers to death.

Definitely quality soil the next run and more BIO fuel just incase..

Thanks for popping in

Heya Paul,

As always with your posts comes the laughs. Somehow you make others smile even when you're fighting bugs with fire, quite literally.

That AP & NL looks like they'll make it to the finish line, and reward you nicely.
A good tip I've seen on here is to bake your soil in the oven to kill off any critters.
Either way brother, sending you and those beautiful girls of yours some positive vibes from across the pond.
Hi Rexer..

What a fabulous idea.. cook the soil before using it. I've never even heard of that method.
I'm buzzing with this information. It means I can have a worry free grow next time.
Thank you so much...

Feeling the vibes mate. Thank you. Glad you got a giggle too..

Damn, I'm sorry to hear this. I would've thought they would wake up in quarantine.
I thought so too.
it's pretty warm in the bathroom, around 22°C but they must have just need a little more heat to wake them up..
After over a week or so in the bathroom, I thought it was all clear..

There's been some valuable lessons learned this grow though. It's all knowledge to carry forward. So these mistakes will never be repeated..

I think you're supposed to harvest, then set them on fire and not the other way around. lol
I feel like you might be a bit of a pyromaniac and if not the pyro part just a bit of a maniac. JK. Shame about the bugs bro.... I know your next run will be better. Buds still look pretty killer though.

I think you're supposed to harvest, then set them on fire and not the other way around. lol
I feel like you might be a bit of a pyromaniac and if not the pyro part just a bit of a maniac. JK. Shame about the bugs bro.... I know your next run will be better. Buds still look pretty killer though.
That made me giggle.

The buds are rock solid and sticky as heck, so all's not bad..

Thinking about doing a bud wash to get rid of the little buggers. Can I just chop the plant at the base and throw the whole thing into a bath full of water?

That made me giggle.

The buds are rock solid and sticky as heck, so all's not bad..

Thinking about doing a bud wash to get rid of the little buggers. Can I just chop the plant at the base and throw the whole thing into a bath full of water?
Good question, Squig. I wonder how long you can just leave buds submerged in the tub for. Surely the bugs would drown at one point? I guess you don't get the foaming action that would remove them like the lemon / bicarbonate washing method though so you might still be smoking / eating bugs.

I've only ever done washes using diluted peroxide. When my buds proceeded to rot after washing them, I was pretty disappointed. Not advocating against it, just in my situation I've had it make things worse.

Good question, Squig. I wonder how long you can just leave buds submerged in the tub for. Surely the bugs would drown at one point? I guess you don't get the foaming action that would remove them like the lemon / bicarbonate washing method though so you might still be smoking / eating bugs.

I've only ever done washes using diluted peroxide. When my buds proceeded to rot after washing them, I was pretty disappointed. Not advocating against it, just in my situation I've had it make things worse.
I think the answer to this question will become clear after I've thrown the full plant into a bath full of water:laugh:. There won't be any dirt on them, so it's just to rinse the beasties off.

Mold does worry me though. Making your buds wetter than they should be doesn't sound right.
But I'm going to give it a go.. for educational purposes :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom