TMSC Day 9.

20231229_081644.jpg

Everyone went camping yesterday in the 5 x 5 under the big light and slept there. It was the babies 1st night without a heating mat. They loved it.

20231229_081750.jpg

Iklwa. She's massive.

20231229_081813.jpg

LC-18. She looks a bit cold but it's warmer in the tent now and she looks better.

20231229_081806.jpg

RVDV is very happy.

20231229_081826.jpg

Wild Lady has recovered from whatever got her. I almost think it was a helmet related issue. Her new leaves look fine.

20231229_082006.jpg

Wild Lady 1.0 is growing like crazy now. She is crazy branchy. This would be a great outdoor scrogger. A mother plant with 10 gallons of soil. She will produce so much worm food😊❤️. Oh and clones too.. 🤣

20231229_081732.jpg

The reveggers are starting to elongate, so the change is happening. You can see it more on this pink pheno.

20231229_081711.jpg

Not as much on the macehead pheno.

They will all live in the 5 x 5 now and as soon as the roots are ready for transplant the 4 sprouts will go into the 40 gallon pot.

I planted red lettuce, spinach, and kale as cover crops today. I sprinkled a thin layer of seasoil on top and misted it all in. The environment is in a pretty good place already. There is 70 gallons of soil in there all being damp so it's pretty stable.

Screenshot_20231229_144857_VPD Calculator.jpg

Leaf temps will increase as they grow to the light. This is 9 hours after lights on. I increased the heat earlier. No changes now until tomorrow afternoon. Lets see where it goes.
How long does it take revegging before she starts to look like a plant again?

Random question. Has anyone vegged their plants in a tent, then took it out at flip and finished it outside? Im looking at my inadequate light and seeing the poor coverage and wondering if its a possibility. Conditions outside are conducive for this, daylight hours are low, can keep an eye on frost and probably no bugs.

Thanks. So she’ll look normal but with a few buds hanging off her?
The little buds I left behind will likely turn into 3 or 4 new tops each.

After about a month you end up with a skeleton that has clusters of new shoots at the bud sites, then you cut those shoots as clones, and go from there. I left 10-15 larfy buds on each plant.

After I have successful clones, the worms will get what's left of these 2 reveggers.

I see a lot of cloning in my future.

Random question. Has anyone vegged their plants in a tent, then took it out at flip and finished it outside? Im looking at my inadequate light and seeing the poor coverage and wondering if its a possibility. Conditions outside are conducive for this, daylight hours are low, can keep an eye on frost and probably no bugs.
lol You're gonna toss that poor hard-luck cloth pot back outside just to see aren't you?🤣🤣🤣. It might be a bit too cold for LOS to work well. What are your temps like?

I have many times. Imho it’s preferable. Just only works when the hours are right and not increasing in daylight each day. It’s the best of both worlds. You can go 20/4 or 18/6 or even 24/0 in veg in the tent and make them big and sweet. Then flower in the sun? Do it! It’s awesome. Just gotta then control outdoor pests, that’s all.

I have many times. Imho it’s preferable. Just only works when the hours are right and not increasing in daylight each day. It’s the best of both worlds. You can go 20/4 or 18/6 or even 24/0 in veg in the tent and make them big and sweet. Then flower in the sun? Do it! It’s awesome. Just gotta then control outdoor pests, that’s all.
Any chance of coming up with some kind of greenhouse cover for colder nights?

Any chance of coming up with some kind of greenhouse cover for colder nights?
That’s on my Pennsylvania list, where I have land and stealth. Can’t exactly do that here. Sure, though, that’s even better. More control by a mile and you can even install some supplemental lighting for cloudy or rainy days.

Thanks everyone! I live in a Mediterranean climate down here in southern California. Lows are in the 40's usually. The winter solstice just came by on Dec 21st so the days will be getting longer but im still at 10 daylight hours.

Yeah Gee, poor cloth pot. She'd probably be happier back outside but she's doing great, like a small tumbleweed in shape. Seriously considering moving them outside, appreciate everyones opinion

Let's talk drying and curing.

I know a low and slow cure is preferred, but how about the drying part? Is it better to slowly get from harvest humidity to jarring humidity, or is it better to get there more quickly?

And at what humidity level do you look to start sweating, and what is the target for initial jarring assuming burping will be used?

Let's talk drying and curing.

I know a low and slow cure is preferred, but how about the drying part? Is it better to slowly get from harvest humidity to jarring humidity, or is it better to get there more quickly?

And at what humidity level do you look to start sweating, and what is the target for initial jarring assuming burping will be used?
Lets! I'm planning to dry trim my next harvest, so I'll be hanging everything with all the leaves intact. I'm thinking it will be worth the extra effort, as I've over dried most of my wet trimmed harvests.
So what temps & RH work for everyone? Also, I always dry in an open room - 10' x 11'6".
And I have to swallow my pride here & ask about sweating. I wonder if it's something I've done before & just don't know the terminology or a technique I'm not familiar with?
Drying & curing have always been my achilles tendon, so I hope your suggestion draws a lot of commentary...

And I have to swallow my pride here & ask about sweating. I wonder if it's something I've done before & just don't know the terminology or a technique I'm not familiar with?
It's basically evening out the moisture between the inside and outside of a bud. When you air dry the outside will get crispy while the inside is still very wet so if you jar it you'll get mold.

Sweating is putting the buds in a sealed container which evens out the moisture, which is pulled from the inside to the drier outside.

So, seal them up or sweat them a bit to even out the moisture, then take them out and let the surface become dry again, and sweat them again until you get down to the moisture level you want to be at to jar them.

Ok, I have done that, but I did it because I thought I had jarred it too early & the humidity was too high. You're saying to do that intentionally, to dry more evenly?
And you asked at what humidity level do people start sweating - how do you measure that?

Can you believe that I have never had cob!
Dammit! I was trying to catch up on this journal & now I gotta know what a COB is. It sounds vaguely familiar...

Back
Top Bottom