Not yet. When the SA girls get bigger I will cut some clones. I will definitely try it. Likely with the small side branches.
It'd probably work fine with coco as I'm starting to think the medium doesn't play a significant role, as long as it breathes well. I may give other things a test just to play around with it.

Who knows, maybe the best use of this process is to root directly in your starter cup medium, maybe diluted a bit, but can we remove the first transition altogether?

Maybe I'll try that next. That would be pretty cool as it would simplify things even more and maybe get the plants off to an even better start.

Thanks Stone. They do look yummy, but the devil's in the driveway.

I gotta let them roll until the deficiency identifies itself so I can correct it properly.

It's not bad, but it's creeping in. It just hasn't shown it's cards yet.

I'm almost wondering if it's residual from when the light was way too high about 3-4 weeks ago, and I could see a mag def starting.

I dialed the PPFD back to 1000 and it went away, but it may have left some residue thats popping up now.

Gotta be patient and watch a bit longer. It should show up definitively pretty quick now.

For new soil, a new light, and a defective light for 11 days right before flip, they are doing surprisingly well.

Plus the extra calcium tossed in right at planting had me worried, but as far as calcium goes, this run is my best yet.

Next rebuild I think with the extra 25% calcium, I won't add extra oyster shells, I will replace them with extra dolomite instead. So my extra 25% will be a bit of gypsum and a bunch of dolomite.
That's cool! Back to the EarthBox planting directions of mixing a pound of dolomite in at planting time theme. I thought that was excess but now not so much.
Good Morning Stone 👊☕️.
Hey nice to see ya!

That's cool! Back to the EarthBox planting directions of mixing a pound of dolomite in at planting time theme. I thought that was excess but now not so much.

Hey nice to see ya!
I'm not sure where the limit is for calcium, but I will stay with the higher levels that this mix has moving forward. I mixed the extra in right at planting and thought it would fail miserably, but the plants didn't even notice. 98 days and no crusty pots. 🤞.

Durban Poison - Day 42 of Flower.

1700402587121.jpg

A lazy-ass webcam shot. I'm still drinking Azi's coffee, then I'm going to drink mine, then maybe go check the girls.

I'm not sure where the limit is for calcium, but I will stay with the higher levels that this mix has moving forward. I mixed the extra in right at planting and thought it would fail miserably, but the plants didn't even notice. 98 days and no crusty pots. 🤞.
That's when they say to do it. I thought it odd. Who knows limits I guess?

Good morning :nomo:

@Azimuth, how often should I give my plant the banana tea? I was thinking once a week?
Depends on maintenance vs correcting a deficiency I suppose. I give it very diluted with other inputs weekly. So, maybe full strength once and then back it down and see how the plants react. Too much and you'll burn your plants.

This stuff is supposed to be be readily plant available so it'll work differently than a raw ingredient that the microbes have to break down first.

Depends on maintenance vs correcting a deficiency I suppose. I give it very diluted with other inputs weekly. So, maybe full strength once and then back it down and see how the plants react. Too much and you'll burn your plants.

This stuff is supposed to be be readily plant available so it'll work differently than a raw ingredient that the microbes have to break down first.
Thank you Azi. I have to feed them now, so will dose them at the same time.

Azi, have you ever checked the ppm of your diluted potions?

What kind of ballpark should I be looking for?
I don't like going over 40ppm for calcium solutions, but I have no idea tbh. A good tea is higher than my ppm meter goes. So I would try to stay under 50 if your just throwing a dart, but you have it working so I was curious what ppm it was. And what it might be on some of your foliars too.

Part One.

I made up a couple cannagars today. They aren't finished yet, but they are pressed and wrapped and in a jar at 62%, waiting for the finishing polish.
20231117_163949.jpg

Here's the Purple Rose press.

20231117_164005.jpg

20231117_164013.jpg

20231117_164034.jpg

The bamboo skewer creates the draw hole.

20231117_164048.jpg

20231117_164059.jpg

The plunger fits over it.

20231117_164104.jpg

20231117_164134.jpg

Pull out the plunger, dump in some weed, and plunge it down as hard as you can press down.
20231117_164235.jpg

20231119_093646.jpg

Repeat until full.

20231119_094540.jpg

After packing the press gets 24 hours to settle before opening.

20231119_094619.jpg

Here are the stogies.

20231119_095128.jpg

The big one needs 2 long rolling papers, it's too fat for one to wrap around.

There is about half a gram of hash oil here collectively, between the two papers.

20231119_095220.jpg

I turn a cast iron frying pan onto high on the element, and hold my hand on it.

When it gets as hot as I can stand, I pull it off the element, flip it over, and lay a silicone mat on it.

Then I lay the oiled papers out and the warmth makes them gooey again. Then start rolling.

20231119_095258.jpg

20231119_095703.jpg

20231119_101114.jpg

Once it's wrapped I pull the skewer and the draw hole appears.

20231119_101354.jpg

20231119_101429.jpg

20231119_101502.jpg

Then I put the tips on.

At a later date I will dip the open end into warm oil about a half inch up, and then dab it in kief.

Back
Top Bottom