TC Cranks All The Way Up: My Attempt To Max The Frost & Pounds

I'm back with some updates. I'm still very busy with a lot of stuff but trying to do my best to keep my garden neat, although I have a bit too much plants in there. A mid flowering trim is near.

This multi-strain tent is looking and smelling amazing. I think I've managed to keep those four different strains(some of them for the first time) at similar height, thanks to a magnificent stretch on Choco Chunks as expected. I wasn't sure how things would look after a couple of weeks but after some trim, I think we'll be all fine.

We have around 29-30 degrees Celsius and %55 RH inside the tent. I'm adding CO2 and the levels are close to 1000 at most of the daytime. Average canopy PPFD is higher than 1000 umols and some plants are already kilin' it:morenutes:

I can't water them too much or I get the PM on my fabric pots. I don't want the fungus gnats either. I want to feed them plenty but instead, I'm feeding them daily with few amounts right after the lights turn on.

Check them out. Peace :passitleft:

44th day of bloom. Buds are shaping up nicely. I think we are in for the bulking phase except for Chocolate Chunks. They started blooming 12 days after 12/12 because they were busy stretching to get enough light to make a nice cola. I think they will worth for the wait. I delayed this grow just to smoke some fine CC and I'm about to do so.

Tropicana Cookies is a nice strain. Bag appeal is great. Tends to stretch a lot so make sure you go for mainlining or quads like I did. I harvested a single Trop. plant last week. I'll share some pictures of the frosty nugs later but they already taste and hit good. But not a heavy-weight indica like the rest in my garden :blunt:

Purple Punch and Pink Kush is no surprise as I literally feel %420 confident while growing these. I flipped my Purple Punch mother and she has been blooming %100 organic in soil. I got an accidental cross between PP and PK. The mother plant already gave some clones and they are vegging inside the nursery now. I'll smoke this cross at the end of this summer alongside with more Chocolate Chunk, Pink Kush and Purple Punch if I can reveg. this organic mom after harvest.

It is always good to grow the same strain for the second time to reach the highest potential. I haven't grown Choco or Trop earlier but I helped some fellow growers and did my background research. My plans were all tied to the big stretch of Choco and Trop right after the 12/12. I'm glad the Quad Trop. haven't stretched much though :laughtwo:

With some luck, I think we are looking at a great stash here. 4 strains at the same time in such small space. I'm expecting something around 900 grams dried and fine trimmed. Normally I can collect more but my Pink Kush is such a frosty and small yielder.

Cheers :passitleft:

I've been watching the PNW heat! Wowza!

We got a similar weather here SO. I can read 39 degrees Celsius ambient temperature in the daytime. Personally I started to like this heat. That allows me to use CO2 but in winter, there is no point in using CO2 cuz there is not enough heat. Yield definitely improves. I pull more in the summer for the last two years thanks to CO2 and my LED fixtures. Atreum lights were also cool for their price but after building LED's for myself, everything changed.

On last summer, I harvested a Gelato plant with CO2 and she yielded roughly more than 400 grams, using less than 400W of light. I thought I was giving that plant 480W but later, I figured out this plant was grown under 310 W cuz I dimmed down the Atreum boards to draw 110W from the wall. Other light was my 200W custom fixture and I am using that one in my nursery these days.

I am trying to adapt a faster cycle here but I couldn't yet. I had over 10 clones ready when I dropped the Choco seed to grow a mother and take some clones and get them ready for the main tent. I literally delayed this grow to smoke some Choco. I think I'll harvest real fast in the upcoming grows as I have several plants in veg. now. Then I'll start sharing some serious data.

My other plan is to divide this grow tent into two vertical spaces. I am building these 22W LED's for starters. I'll also share the details as the projects move forward. This will make all the heat problems go away, even without CO2.

We got a similar weather here SO. I can read 39 degrees Celsius ambient temperature in the daytime. Personally I started to like this heat. That allows me to use CO2 but in winter, there is no point in using CO2 cuz there is not enough heat. Yield definitely improves. I pull more in the summer for the last two years thanks to CO2 and my LED fixtures. Atreum lights were also cool for their price but after building LED's for myself, everything changed.

On last summer, I harvested a Gelato plant with CO2 and she yielded roughly more than 400 grams, using less than 400W of light. I thought I was giving that plant 480W but later, I figured out this plant was grown under 310 W cuz I dimmed down the Atreum boards to draw 110W from the wall. Other light was my 200W custom fixture and I am using that one in my nursery these days.

I am trying to adapt a faster cycle here but I couldn't yet. I had over 10 clones ready when I dropped the Choco seed to grow a mother and take some clones and get them ready for the main tent. I literally delayed this grow to smoke some Choco. I think I'll harvest real fast in the upcoming grows as I have several plants in veg. now. Then I'll start sharing some serious data.

My other plan is to divide this grow tent into two vertical spaces. I am building these 22W LED's for starters. I'll also share the details as the projects move forward. This will make all the heat problems go away, even without CO2.

No moss growing on you TC! I can't wait for the updates coming !

I've been away for a long while folks. I've been busy with a new grow shop investment as well as a micro greens and edible flowers farm. These are enough to keep me away from 420mag but not for too long :passitleft:

I couldn't take too many pictures from this harvest. It is very satisfying though I wish you guys could've seen more of it. I won't skip the picture session on next harvest.

Most of the flowering plants were Purple Punch. Yield and quality is amazing on every strain so far. Both strains managed to produce great and dense colas. I have a nice stash of Tropicana Poison, Chocolate Chunk, Pink Kush and Purple Punch now.

On the next cycle, I'll be growing 2x Chocolate Chunk, 4x Accidental Breed(PurplePunchxPinkKush) with probably a few Pink Kush plants. I'll go for bigger plants this time as SOG method requires more time than I can spare right now.

Here are some pictures from the latest harvest. I'll be back with the next cycle soon.

Peace :lot-o-toke:

Hi there folks. I hope everybody is doing great cuz I'm still not doing all good :) I've been away from my garden and I will be away for another three weeks. I asked a friend to feed my plants when I'm gone. I'll be leaving in three days and I trimmed my plants and grafted a branch onto the good old Pink Kush mom. She is almost two years old. She started her life here and I'm intending to keep her alive since I'm more than pleased with the buds this genetics produce.

We had a serious heatwave and plants suffered a lot. It is going back to normal hot from extreme hot these days. They were looking more scary before the trim. I'll water them plenty before leaving and my friend will be visiting here three times a week.

As you guys know, I've been growing with my own design LED's for a while and since then I'm not running out of great nugs. I've finished another prototype that targets serious cannabis facilities. I'll be testing this in my own tent before releasing it. This puppy will pack a UL certificate(certified PPFD map and technical data) and IP66 water and dust proof. My business is going great and I'll start sponsoring 420Mag. soon enough.

The 400W fixture I've been using for a while was called the "Red Ferrari" and this new 200W model is called the "Black Lamborghini" :rofl: This one is a little bit more luxurious considering the advanced design. This light is not made for home growers but who knows right?

200W fixture has 120cm length and 20cm width. I'll also be manufacturing the same model having 100cm length and the same width. That will draw 160W from the wall. I'll be combining three to four fixtures with a driver box and a chassis. Combinations will be like 3x160W, 4x160W, 3x200W, 4x200W and probably a standart 1000W for commercial greenhouses. I'm also designing a nursery lighting system and I'll be sharing the details after releasing both products and applying for sponsorship here.

Here is how the tent looks like. Cheers folks :passitleft::passitleft:

I've been visiting my grows in different cities for the last three weeks. I don't have many pictures due to safety reasons but here is a few from one of my grows;

We got Dr. Grinspoon, Cookies Kush and Pink Kush here. All genetics are from Barney's Farm. Grinspoon and Cookies Kush were grown from seed and the Pink Kush plants here are the children of my two year old Pink Kush mom.

I took some cuttings at night and went for a 7 hour drive with these. I used soaking wet paper towel and aluminum foil to keep my cuttings alive. Things are very tight over here so I concealed these cuttings inside a bouquet of fresh flowers. Plan worked like a charm and we passed the control point with no hassle. There weren't any dogs but a lot of officers who know their jobs well.

Two of the three cuttings survived and my pals made new moms from those. Now, a lot of people are getting clones from my pal and enjoying this amazing smoke of the Pink Kush. The whole city will be hooked on the Pink Kush in a few months :laughtwo:

Some notes from the veg. period of the new strains;

-Cookies Kush;

1. Not a vertical grower
  2. Grows too many side branches
  3. Our only seed was very hard to pop but we managed to pop it with the help of a sandpaper
  4. Thick main stem and a great grow pattern
  5. Very short node separation

-Dr. Grinspoon;
  1. Definitely a vertical grower
  2. Few but very strong side branching
  3. Seed effortlessly popped
  4. Thick main stem for a %100 sativa
  5. Long node separation so bringing lights closer and some techniques like tip spreading helps a lot.
-Pink Kush;

Well after growing this strain for a very long time I better go and write down a strain review. Anyways here are some quick notes fyi;

1. Balanced vertical and horizontal growth
  2. Too many side branches and way too much leaves. Needs heavy trim in flowering.
  3. Seeds are easy to pop
  4. Not a very thick main stem for an almost pure indica. Buds are thicc and dense.
  5. Short node separation for those dense buds.
  6. Always top shelf smoke experience.
-Purple Punch;

We currently don't have a Purple Punch plant growing but we had earlier in this journal. I'm currently growing my accidental breed Pink Kush x Purple Punch. These plants have a growth pattern almost identical to Purple Punch so you can follow them at least until flowering, to compare them to your PP plants. Leaves are thicker than Purple Punch and veg. power is a little bit better.

Anyways, some quick notes for the Purple Punch;

1. Impressive veg. power both vertical and horizontal
  2. Good side branching with amazing plant structure. One of the best I've seen so far.
  3. Seeds are easy to pop and the genetics are very consistent
  4. Very thick main stem. Long and very dense buds.
  5. Node separation is not great. Same advice applies.
  6. Always top shelf smoke experience
I'll see you in a few days. The main garden is out of control so I need to get things in order before sharing it with you guys.

Back
Top Bottom