Tangerine Dream - Chocolope - Original WW IBL - Mineralized Soil Grow

Hm, my Utopia Haze has dark waxy brittle leaves, always did. Maybe it likes P more than usual. It's making nice buds though ...

To be honest from the looks of that Utopia Haze plant, I'd say the brittle and dark were more from mild N toxicity. The leaves are clawing a bit. I get weird nodal spacing sometimes at the top of the apical meristem when I get N toxicity.

Yeah, we'll see. It looks a little too much to me like my loser of a Hawaiian Snow pheno - all cylindrical with skinny leaves all around.

I've grown a few of those before; hate 'em. My Arjan's Ultra Haze #1 4.20 oz. doob I smoked last April 20th was rolled mostly out of that stringy crap..... :(

Group shot:

0071147.JPG

Tangerine Dream, LST'ed:

0081050.JPG

White Widow IBL, topped:

009939.JPG

Chocolope, LST'ed:

010874.JPG

Chocolope, Uncle Ben topped, then all 4 main colas topped:

011745.JPG

Hopefully this will keep the canopy even until I start 12/12, which I'm thinking of doing in this unit within the next 2 days. That way all the plants will have hairs by the time they hit their respective HPS units and will have a 2 week start. I've got about a foot of height I can deal with in this unit, so that's not an issue.

:peace:

Thought about it too long :)
Note: All 4 plants were started under the 12/12 schedule today (tonight's off cycle will be the first 12 hour dark period). I will have about a week's worth of hair development under the 200 watt full spectrum CFL before I move them into their respective flowering units. I may put up a screen for the 600 watt HPS TD/Chocolope grow and go SCROG if I can figure out what to do with my Old Timers Haze clone. The WW IBL will go under a 400 watt HPS with 2 Chem D clones, a Free Tibet, and who knows what else might wind up in there..... :)

It'd be really nice if the OTH could have its own tent ... got anything small?

you got a lot going on!

Hey buddy! Sorry ain't been by in a while. Just been busy busy. Everything looks great as usual :) really healthy, so keep it up!
Best of buds to you!

Good to hear from you man. I stay so busy it isn't funny so no need for any apologies on this end. I really should put more comments on yours and everyone else's threads so they know I've been there.
I'm hoping these plants like this mix; they seem healthy so far.

:peace:

Presto! Chango! Refracto!!!!! :)

Man it came today and the results are low :(
My Pre '98 clone clocks out @ 6 brix on a scale of 32, and one of my Chocolopes is checking @ 7 brix. Sad numbers there.....

Ouch.

They should be reading around 10. Hm, that means the beasties are slacking off ... You have plenty of nutrition in the soil so there's plenty of work for them to do ... The plants look great so they're getting what they need somewhere, just not absorbing minerals and sugars ...

I bet you need to throw the beasties a party! Invite everyone! :party::tommy::headbanger:

Time to "tap the keg" as it were? Some delicious nutritious bubbling tea?

Presto! Chango! Refracto!!!!! :)

Man it came today and the results are low :(
My Pre '98 clone clocks out @ 6 brix on a scale of 32, and one of my Chocolopes is checking @ 7 brix. Sad numbers there.....

:hmmmm: ... there are a lot of variables, first tests?

:hmmmm: ... there are a lot of variables, first tests?

Yep. And I probably didn't do them the right way, according to Icemud's YooToob vid. I need to use a leaf that's been there for a while but healthy, not the yellowed up ones I tried. I'll give it a shot after the next watering I do; I had a bit of a time getting a few drops out of the leaves this run. Cool a$$ purple color to the drops, though. :)
All I've fed the Chocolope/TD grow so far has been 1 tsp. of molasses/gallon waterings with Hygrozyme. It has to be getting its nutes from organic breakdown. I doubt the roots are down into this mix much yet.

Ouch.

They should be reading around 10. Hm, that means the beasties are slacking off ... You have plenty of nutrition in the soil so there's plenty of work for them to do ... The plants look great so they're getting what they need somewhere, just not absorbing minerals and sugars ...

I bet you need to throw the beasties a party! Invite everyone! :party::tommy::headbanger:

Time to "tap the keg" as it were? Some delicious nutritious bubbling tea?

I can't use it on the Pre '98 Bubba I checked 'cause it's too close to chop time, and if I go by the looks of the 4 in the TD Chocolope grow I tested they look fine. I was thinking of putting a cup of worm poop in a nylon with a tsp. of Super Swell 0-7-0 when they start looking hungry towards the end of flower; maybe I should follow your advice and do a tea with some desert bat guano now before they start.

You'll usually get higher brix readings from old and/or dry leaf. Buckshot is right - it's tricky - I've done all sorts of experimentation with it, trying to nail down error range and leaf selection. I look for a leaf buried down in the canopy, a newish middle-aged healthy 5 blade one like the ones that multiply in there and block lower growth. The metabolic changes in the plant distribute pretty quickly around the foliage, so it's not so important where you get the leaf from, as long as all of your choices are a "type" - the same sort of healthy, representative leaf for each different plant. The petiole will read lower, and sometimes a petiole will be really long, so I'll snap off the extra proportion before I crush it. If you try reading each wad more than once, you'll find that your reading will rise with each crush, eventually to a ridiculous number like 25, so I "flatten" a wad carefully, only slightly crushing it, then roll it back into a ball before crushing it for fluid the first time. Then I clean everything up quickly, roll it back into a ball and crush it a second time. I usually get two readings the same, which is reasurring, and if the second is higher it gives me an extra hint.

I'm admittedly a bit OCD about it. :rollingeyes:

I'm a noob about soil biology, Chimp. I'm just thinking you need biota, not so much outside nutrients. I'm just thinking some soil and some poop and a bunch of rampaging aerobic bacteria. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom