Tangerine Dream - Chocolope - Original WW IBL - Mineralized Soil Grow

Re: Tangerine Dream, Chocolope, Original WW IBL; Mineralized Soil Grow

It might not be done yet either. I raised my light twice, chopped the tops twice, then put a SCROG over it before mine decided to be done.

That friggin' Neville's Haze in it I think does that..... :(

Shure, yer jus' a regular sunshine fairy, aincha?

:blunt:

I can say one positive thing; you'll like the buzz if you get the phenos I got the last time :) This Chocolope I'm doing again because of the flavor and smell; it's got a decent buzz too.
Well it's been 1-1/2 weeks since I mixed my super soil mixes together. I've got a Free Tibet chopping within the week so I'll be moving 2 Chemdawg D BX 3 clones, another Free Tibet clone, and an Old Timers Haze clone out of my second unit. I will be moving my Chem D breeding project into that unit under a 250 watt MH/HPS, at which time I can put these into the 7 gallon smart pots with the mix combinations. I'm hoping that in flower the longer breakdown nutes will keep it going to the end. I want at least 2-1/2 weeks veg in this mix before I start 12/12, even though it will be later for the WW IBL.

I'd like to know what you think of my Tangerine Dream - I have a recent pic on my journal.

How does it look to you? Got any tips?

I have a Tangerine Dream a couple weeks into bloom. No kidding about the stretch! It went from 8 inches to 30 inches in 4 weeks.
mine no stretch at all

I'd like to know what you think of my Tangerine Dream - I have a recent pic on my journal.

How does it look to you? Got any tips?

It looks good to me. JBC420 told me to wait for the foxtails to show on this strain before you chop if that helps any. :)

Update: All 4 of these plants were transplanted into 7 gallon smart pots with the 2 stage flowering soil mix I did yesterday. I'm going to wait for steady growth and a bit more size before I start 12/12. I watered them in with RO water; as soon as they're over the jolt of the transplant I'll hit them with the molasses/Hygrozyme mix I've been using with my other organic grows. They are still under the 200 watt Feliz full spectrum CFL in hopes of keeping them short before going into flower. I think the WW IBL may be able to go the whole grow with watering only but I'll have to feed the others; they're more like 9-11 weeks.

:peace:

Front 2 plants - Chocolope; back 2 plants - (right - original White Widow IBL, left - Tangerine Dream):

0011611.JPG

These are one day shy of 6 weeks from germination. I need to defol and train a bit when I get the chance; I'm already getting bent leaves from crowding, and I'll get worse than that if I try to go 2-1/2 weeks more of veg in this small area if I don't get rid of some greenage. Gotta go and smoke post more pics and info soon.....

Thanks man I'm trying to dial in the super/mineralized soil thing I think I may do pretty well this time.
I watered these again with RO water, 1 tsp. molasses, and 9 ml. Hygrozyme. The next time they need watering (when they are set in these pots) I'll hit them with powdered Great White Shark along with the same mix. I center pruned all the inward leaves on a few of these plants, then tied the tops back down further on the others to try to get the canopy even. I need to tie down one more of the Chocolopes; it has a kind of Uncle Ben top (4 heads) and it's getting taller than the others. They have 2 weeks more of veg before they hit 12/12; the TD will go in between the 2 Chocolopes under a 600 watt HPS and the WW IBL will join 2 Chemdawg D clones and a Free Tibet clone under a 400 watt HPS.
Post more pics soon.....

Note: I fed all 4 of these plants about a quart each of 1 gallon RO water, 1 tsp. molasses, 9 ml. Hygrozyme, and 1/2 tsp. Great White Shark powdered mycorrhizae. The leaves look good and show no deficiencies; the granular mycos from the original mix are probably doing their thing now. They'll mineralize the organic and natural humus into a nitrate or ammonium form that the plants can take in. And then colonize with the root system, going down into the layer of fast/medium then into the layer of medium/slow breakdown nutes.
I still think I'm going to have to make compost teas for the last weeks of the Chocolope and Tangerine Dream plants. But 7 gallons is a lot of organic and natural food for the bacteria to eat then feed to the plants, plus veg is happening under low wattage so I may pull this off as a water only grow. I'm pretty sure if I don't kill the microbial system I create (or render it dormant by underwatering) that the WW IBL won't need any extra nutes.

This grow is looking damned good, Chimp +reps

I hope you get a refractometer - I'd like to know what they read. Are you getting any unusual leaf shine? I was getting readings from my mineralized grow in the low teens, similar to what I get from Doc's kit, but the trich production and terpenes weren't nearly as good.

This will be interesting to watch. Like you, I ran into trouble in mid-bloom, but you have that supersoil to feed 'em.

:thumb:

I hope you get a refractometer - I'd like to know what they read. Are you getting any unusual leaf shine? I was getting readings from my mineralized grow in the low teens, similar to what I get from Doc's kit, but the trich production and terpenes weren't nearly as good.

This will be interesting to watch. Like you, I ran into trouble in mid-bloom, but you have that supersoil to feed 'em.

Not on these, but I'm getting it on my Katsu cut Bubba Kush. From past experience, the dark green brittle leaves that go along with it on mine tells me it's P deficient.

Hm, my Utopia Haze has dark waxy brittle leaves, always did. Maybe it likes P more than usual. It's making nice buds though ...

:surf:

7 weeks, 3 days (right side - Chocolope front and back; left side - Tangerine Dream in front and Original White Widow IBL in back):

0011616.JPG

I took some of the leaves from the center of this LST'ed Chocolope to open it up:

0021610.JPG

My superdupercropping technique isn't working. Smashing the section of stem between the nodes so hard that it looks wet and almost folds upside down when you let it go doesn't stop the upward growth it just makes the new growth withered. I'm going to top all the meristems of this plant two nodes down soon to keep the canopy even instead of continuing to do this:

0041458.JPG

The leaves on this WW IBL look pretty good:

0051381.JPG

I think (hope) the light green on this TD is because it's NH dominant:

0031549.JPG

Happy New Year's everybody! :)

I got me a refractometer on the way. It should be here in a week. With the organic grows I'm going to be doing, I'll need it sooner or later. I'll do readings when it gets here and post the #s.

Cool, great to hear it!

We need more people taking readings and posting them.

Your WW looks pretty!

...my TD doesn't look like yours...

Yeah, we'll see. It looks a little too much to me like my loser of a Hawaiian Snow pheno - all cylindrical with skinny leaves all around.

Back
Top Bottom