Sukafr33's Second Indoor Soil Grow

yea well i see a couple flyers in there once in awhile but i always find them dead in the bottom of the cab, i dont know if thats the reason why my plants look unhealthy on some leaves maybe because they might have been there eatin on the leaves, i dont know, im doin somethin wrong because some of the leaves on each plant look unhealthy, im ph'in my water between 6.5 and 7.0 maybe alittle lower sometimes, hopefully i can figure it out..

Now its time for alittle pic update!!! :tokin:
heres a couple group shots, you can see how their leaves are stickin straigh up reachin for that light!!! you can also see how dense they really are!! i've been toppin like crazy, on the one plant i counted 8 tops just on the top of the plant not countin anything under the very top, 8 tops already OOHH YEAA!!
100_08352.JPG

100_08325.JPG

100_08513.JPG

100_08414.JPG

heres a couple single shots..
100_08555.JPG

100_08532.JPG

100_08523.JPG

100_08303.JPG

100_08291.JPG

this is the lst'ed one, today it looks way better, all the branches are startin to shoot straight towards the light, hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a male like my last lst'ed plant that was doin really good from my first journal.. fingers definitely crossed..
100_08363.JPG

and this shows you what a difference soil makes, all the other plants are in good soil and this one is in shitty soil and you can definitely tell by how slow and shitty its growin..
100_08395.JPG

and HYDRO heres the new pots that i baught that im gonna eventually transplant into, and they fit perfect in my cab..
100_08473.JPG

so let me know what you guys think so far, and what you think of the new pots, i think their awsome because they are the same pot as the small ones that im usin just bigger, so these will be the pots that i use from here on out..one more thing, im seein whats lookin like a ball growin on one of the plants in 2 spots but i dont know if its the sign of a male or female yet, i really hope its now a male cause its pretty much the best plant i have, im gonna look into it again cause if its a male im gonna go ahead and get that shit up outta there.. which will suck bad, nobody likes gettin a basterd... well thats it for now..and i wanna thank everybody for joinin and stickin around my journal and for all the kind words, i HIGHly appreciate it, thanks :thumb: :tokin:

damn rite, shit you dont have to have the bulbs rite next to the plants takin the chance of the plants stretchin upwards and gettin light burn, i mean thats my opinion and as you can see it works perfectly fine, as you can see the light still gets to the middle and and my plants are proof cause they are gettin dense as shit already!!! plus im also toppin and fimmin like crazy.. everytime i see a top i chop it and make it 2, and its wokin like crazy, never thought to do every branch i always just did the very top and that was it, but now im experimentin and the result is turnin out damn good thank god!!! i've always been an experimenter when it comes to this, and i've always ended up with good results as you can see from both of my journals, i dont know if you seen my first journal but one plant i cut all the leaves off and it was just a stalk, in the end it ended up have 4 tops and big ass buds all over it, so i say chop away lol !!!! :thumb: :)

so i think im infested with thrips, i never see any little ones crawlin on the plant but i stay seein adult ones flyin around all over the damn place at night, i sit here and kill them as they land on the computer screen, i dont know what too do, i mean the Rose spray is killin them but not good enough, and if theres no little ones wheres the adults comin from..i kinda wanna start over, but that shit takes too long, and i just got done takin the damn thing apart and cleanin it what the hell, they must be in the soil, i've read thats where their most likely to come from, somebody said boil the soil but thats gotta be a pain in the ass job to do.. i dont know hopefully they show their sex soon and then i can figure out a plan.. until then i guess im smooshin the little basterds..

Sorry for the short reply but have you checked out the SNS 203? It's a soil drench but can also be mixed for foliar. I know a few guys that swear by it. Just add it with a watering without nutes.

whatsup sucka ;) i dig your grow, your journal has a bunch of good info in it!!

I had bug problems left and right with my first crop of outdoor girls. I dealt with them by simply taking a few drops of strong dish soap and mixing it into a spray bottle... spraying the whole plant down, letting it dry, then rinsing the plant about 45 minutes later. no bugs for a good week or two at least. cheap, simple and effective!

Im on board ;)

[Edit] I also add just a little bit of cooking oil into the mixure, it helps the dishsoap NOT build up on the leaves too much. 1 part dishsoap to 1-2 parts cooking oil apx.

so i think im infested with thrips, i never see any little ones crawlin on the plant but i stay seein adult ones flyin around all over the damn place at night, i sit here and kill them as they land on the computer screen, i dont know what too do, i mean the Rose spray is killin them but not good enough, and if theres no little ones wheres the adults comin from..i kinda wanna start over, but that shit takes too long, and i just got done takin the damn thing apart and cleanin it what the hell, they must be in the soil, i've read thats where their most likely to come from, somebody said boil the soil but thats gotta be a pain in the ass job to do.. i dont know hopefully they show their sex soon and then i can figure out a plan.. until then i guess im smooshin the little basterds..

What kind of soil are you using?

its called royal gold basement mix, its new on the market, take a look at the description of it on the first page, its some good stuff, but i think its the reason why i have thrips already..who knows..

whatsup sucka ;) i dig your grow, your journal has a bunch of good info in it!!

I had bug problems left and right with my first crop of outdoor girls. I dealt with them by simply taking a few drops of strong dish soap and mixing it into a spray bottle... spraying the whole plant down, letting it dry, then rinsing the plant about 45 minutes later. no bugs for a good week or two at least. cheap, simple and effective!

Im on board ;)

[Edit] I also add just a little bit of cooking oil into the mixure, it helps the dishsoap NOT build up on the leaves too much. 1 part dishsoap to 1-2 parts cooking oil apx.

thanks for joinin in bro, and thanks for the kind words, i appreciate it.. and you know what i think i might have to give the soap deal a try, cause i also have read in alot of different things that this method works, i have both grow bibles 1 and 2 and in the second one it has all different types of methods for getting rid of different problems, maybe i'll post them so that everybody can see, both of these book are amazing, they have everything you could possibly think of and i mean everything, the first one is by Jorge Cervantes and the second one is by Gregg Green(spelled somethin like that) i cant remember because i covered the books with brown paper bags and put some crazy title on it so i can take it places and read it without people staring at me lol..and it works, just cant sit right next to somebody, but these books are a definite need in growin..

its called royal gold basement mix, its new on the market, take a look at the description of it on the first page, its some good stuff, but i think its the reason why i have thrips already..who knows..

someone correct me if im wrong, but it may not be your soil choice, but the soil moisture you should be concerned about. I believe thripes lay their eggs in moist top soil. Think i had them outdoors as well, all I had to do was let my soil dry out a little more in between waterings to prevent that... :peacetwo:

[Edit] indeed, Ive heard nothing but great things about grow bibles and whatnot. going to pick up a copy myself in the next few weeks.

someone correct me if im wrong, but it may not be your soil choice, but the soil moisture you should be concerned about. I believe thripes lay their eggs in moist top soil. Think i had them outdoors as well, all I had to do was let my soil dry out a little more in between waterings to prevent that... :peacetwo:

[Edit] indeed, Ive heard nothing but great things about grow bibles and whatnot. going to pick up a copy myself in the next few weeks.

oh trust me lol with this weather i cant help but to let it dry out, the temps here are stayin around 90f rite now so you can just imagine how hot it is in the cab, it says its 90 but im sure its alittle hotter then that and the humidity is at 48, so thats a tad high, once the air gets fixed things should be alright, i'll have a plan once i find out what the sex are.. until i gotta try and deal with them.. which is gonna be a pain in the rear end.. :tokin:

hey man looking good. any signs of sex yet. they look healty. sorry about you bug problem. but im sure you be able to control it.
if you have a male. collect some pollen. so you can get a few more seeds. i hope that sns203 works. good luck. sully

Covering your books so you can read in public. Man what we wont do in our thirst for knowledge of this hobby.lol

you know it brotha, im not one of them people that stay on my phone doin all that textin shit, matter afact i dont even have texting on my phone, i rather read everything i can about this hobby i can, specailly out of a book that i know is all true info and good info, so yea you got it rite lol !!!! :thumb: :)

hey man looking good. any signs of sex yet. they look healty. sorry about you bug problem. but im sure you be able to control it.
if you have a male. collect some pollen. so you can get a few more seeds. i hope that sns203 works. good luck. sully

thanks bro for stoppin in, i appreciate it.. and no i haven't found out sings of sex yet but i do see a little tiny bump or ball foming in 2 spots on one of my good plants, so i got my fingers crossed hoping its not but by the looks of it , it looks like a male..and its pretty much my best plant, i already counted 8 tops on it and its nowhere near started growin yet so im kinda upset about that, and i dont really do the collectin pollen thing, never got into it.. on another note though i've been topping and fimming and i've been seein crazy results i mean im seein new growth everywhere so i just keep choppin and they keep growin, i seen a video on youtube of a guy showing how he does his topping and his plants were beyond bushy and he was topping everything so im tryin it and im gettin amazing results, i definitely recommend it..:thumb:

heres a couple pics that i thought might help a couple people with cfls, these pics shows the comparison of cfls and the light that they give off..
first here is true daylight
outdoor_daylight-_cfl_comparison.jpg

Warm/Bright White CFL
warm_white_deluxe-_cfl_comparison.jpg

here is Daylight Spec CFL
daylight-_cfl_comparison.jpg

and the ALL IMPORTAINT COOL WHITE
cool_white_deluxe-_cfl_comparison.jpg

and heres a pic of the plants spectrum intake
plant_spectrum_intake.jpg

hope this could help you guys out.. :tokin:

Back