Stu’s First Grow

OH MY OH MY
Today was a learning experience and a half
Gonna keep this short as possible!
So I’ve been dealing with 2 guys at my local hydro shop, the owner and a worker, the owner thought that I was growing hydro as we never really discussed it...I’ve only seen him 2 times first time when I bought my tent, b52 rhino skin and big bud and thermometer, and second time I seen him I bought ph up ph down and sensi grows... I told him I was just buying things prepping for my grow, hadn’t got everything I needed yet, I’m not a huge people person-in person so I didn’t engage in conversation just basically went in like I knew what I wanted and picked stuff of the shelf so he was selling me stuff as expected LOL! The worker I bought my pots and trays from and soil few small things like garden ties a fan some ducting, so as I bought soil from the worker he obviously knew I was growing in soil! Through small talk we decided we trade a clone for a clone he really wanted a Jack Herer and I said I’d take whatever lol, so fast forward to today, I took the jh plant into him as I know he works sundays, we talked the shit for a bit, I showed him some pics on my phone of the plants all was looking good, he was really impressed I was trying to train on my first grow... all good.....and then I swiped by a picture of the sensi grow bottles, Go back he says so I do, why did you buy those your not doing hydro now are you, he asks.... lol no I reply and he asked why I bought them I said I dunno explained I bought em here when I bought my tent etc. He’s just shakes his head.
Askes you aren’t using sensi on the Gaia Green soil are you, I said yes once couple days ago and showed him some pics of the bright green leaves after I feed them.... he laughed and said those are for hydro and it’s going to kill all the good stuff in the Gaia soil. Another 1/2 hr of small talk and he calls the owner and explains everything. Few mins later I’m walking out with 3 new bags of Gaia Green soil 2 bags of pro mix med sized perlite and 2kg of Gaia 4-4-4 all purpose and 2kg of 2-8-4 power bloom dry powders and 4, 4 gal pots and trays ALL FREE! I got a feeling I’m gonna be going to hydro in a grow or two once I can afford to make the swap, We had a good hrdyo talk and priced out a full setup, and I’ve already got all the nute line, lmfao damn!

This afternoon I transplanted all the pants into fresh Gaia Green soil hopefully there not to stunned by it :(

Smoking some Grail headband today (legal stuff) in the old bong.

Here’s the only root pic I took
025CBBFB-A34A-4574-B15D-2F6A65AF13FD.jpeg

And my cave
image.jpg

If you actually read all that :thanks::passitleft:

That’s awesome Stu! Now that’s a good day! Cheers! :D

OH MY OH MY
So I’ve been dealing with 2 guys at my local hydro shop, the owner and a worker, the owner thought that I was growing hydro as we never really discussed it...I’ve only seen him 2 times first time when I bought my tent, b52 rhino skin and big bud and thermometer, and second time I seen him I bought ph up ph down and sensi grows... I told him I was just buying things prepping for my grow, hadn’t got everything I needed yet, I’m not a huge people person-in person so I didn’t engage in conversation just basically went in like I knew what I wanted and picked stuff of the shelf so he was selling me stuff as expected LOL! The worker I bought my pots and trays from and soil few small things like garden ties a fan some ducting, so as I bought soil from the worker he obviously knew I was growing in soil! Through small talk we decided we trade a clone for a clone he really wanted a Jack Herer and I said I’d take whatever lol, so fast forward to today, I took the jh plant into him as I know he works sundays, we talked the shit for a bit, I showed him some pics on my phone of the plants all was looking good, he was really impressed I was trying to train on my first grow... all good.....and then I swiped by a picture of the sensi grow bottles, Go back he says so I do, why did you buy those your not doing hydro now are you, he asks.... lol no I reply and he asked why I bought them I said I dunno explained I bought em here when I bought my tent etc. He’s just shakes his head.
Askes you aren’t using sensi on the Gaia Green soil are you, I said yes once couple days ago and showed him some pics of the bright green leaves after I feed them.... he laughed and said those are for hydro and it’s going to kill all the good stuff in the Gaia soil. Another 1/2 hr of small talk and he calls the owner and explains everything. Few mins later I’m walking out with 3 new bags of Gaia Green soil 2 bags of pro mix med sized perlite and 2kg of Gaia 4-4-4 all purpose and 2kg of 2-8-4 power bloom dry powders and 4, 4 gal pots and trays ALL FREE! I got a feeling I’m gonna be going to hydro in a grow or two once I can afford to make the swap, We had a good hrdyo talk and priced out a full setup, and I’ve already got all the nute line, lmfao damn!

This afternoon I transplanted all the pants into fresh Gaia Green soil hopefully there not to stunned by it :(

And my cave
image.jpg

Lucky you in the end!!! And nice picture of your lab/office!

OH MY OH MY

And my cave
image.jpg

I applaud the hydro store for doing the right thing. The shady part about those stores is they feel like pawn shops to me. Sometimes you go into one and they are just trying to sell you on crap to make a sale. Once you find a good one that is reliable you should just always go back to it. If you switch to hydro, think about coco. You might dig being able to have more influence on the plant but still have it feel like soil.

Here is the only thing I will say about exchanging clones and plants. Be very careful to make sure the one you are receiving has had no bug issues. You would hate to ruin a grow by bringing unwanted pests into your grow area and have them kill your whole tent. This guy seems legit, if he'd go through all that to get you free stuff then that is very trustworthy. Just be very careful because others might not be as clean and careful as you are! Nice grow area and I'm really looking forward to seeing these grow up Stu!

As i inspected a little closer i seen what leads me to believe youre a fellow boarder? Is that a burton board by chance? Lol love shredding myself!!

I am a fellow boarder:ganjamon:, make one trip to lake Louise & sunshine every winter... in Banff Alberta about a 10 hr drive for us, Always a good time, and that one is a lib tech banana.

I applaud the hydro store for doing the right thing. The shady part about those stores is they feel like pawn shops to me. Sometimes you go into one and they are just trying to sell you on crap to make a sale. Once you find a good one that is reliable you should just always go back to it. If you switch to hydro, think about coco. You might dig being able to have more influence on the plant but still have it feel like soil.

Here is the only thing I will say about exchanging clones and plants. Be very careful to make sure the one you are receiving has had no bug issues. You would hate to ruin a grow by bringing unwanted pests into your grow area and have them kill your whole tent. This guy seems legit, if he'd go through all that to get you free stuff then that is very trustworthy. Just be very careful because others might not be as clean and careful as you are! Nice grow area and I'm really looking forward to seeing these grow up Stu!

Yep I agree, I’m really happy about what they did for me, gained my trust for sure now. There is only two in our city, one has been around 25+ yrs and is full of grow tents and lush plants( that’s where I’m going) and the other just opened with legalization it’s run by a couple young kids, not a live plant in the store, I bought my garden ties there, they had a nice selection of over priced gimiky stuff lol
I will be weary about the clones forsure, thank you for the advice.

Lucky you in the end!!! And nice picture of your lab/office!
:thanks::passitleft:

Thx, it’s a all round good board, we like to hike the back country off the runs a bit, bout mid day when the lifts get busy we grab some lunch and head on a 2-3 hr hike,then one run to the hotel and call it a day. Would definitely be a cool place to live, so much wildlife everywhere.

What do you all do when a power outage hits?

Could be 24 hrs or close to, I’m running a small generator atm for my tent (got a small heater running in there also) would you move to a window to try to keep the light cycle the same if you had no back up gen...my generator typically will only run 3-3.5 hrs till it needs gas again and I’ll need to unplug the tent to get the fridges and freezer running for a couple hrs eventually furnace is also dead atm and temps dropping rapidly in my house -25 C out right now and windy

Thx!

Back
Top Bottom