SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

re: SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

I just got caught up, and hope you don't mind me adding my 2 cents... First a disclaimer, my insomnia is acting up so I haven't slept in a couple days AND I'm medicated! :allgood:

First bro, let me say how sorry I am for what you are going through. BID is right though...when I look back at my life thus far, many devastating events caused an eventual change for the better, it just takes some time to heal so you can get there...and you're not alone.

As far as the room...I'm kind of confused as to your exact ventilation and A/C setup (insomnia+meds=:grinjoint:), but until I can go back and read through again. I would run it this way, air cooled hoods? Bring in air from outside the room, blow it through the hoods and vent it outside the room. Air conditioner...same thing fresh air from outside the room in and hot air vented outside the room. Crank the CO2 up to at least 1500 ppm, but remember the plants require higher temps to utilize the additional CO2... I'd have to look in one of the grow bibles to be sure, but mid to high 80s would be close to what you want. The CHHC-4's sensor that you hang in the canopy has a photo sensor so it knows what your photo period is and only runs CO2 when lights are on (no light = no photosynthesis = no CO2 used) then seal up the room and just run the carbon filter recirculating room air for scrubbing 24/7. Hook up the A/C to the A/C trigger on the environmental controller and let it do what it was designed to do! Just turn off the interconnect (or whatever they call it) so the cooling device will run with the CO2. Also, since you are using a tank, make sure you have "fuzzy logic" turned on, and don't forget that you'll have to dial the CO2 back late in flower or they'll never finish. I'm sure I forgot something...again, insomnia & meds! :)

:thumb:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said...

Okay...the good news is that I slept for 14 hours last night...the bad news is that I slept for 14 hours!

I wanted to add some corrected info on CO2 enrichment. I hate posting bad information...my apologies for not getting it right the first time, but I did warn you about the insomnia and meds with my last post! :rofl:

Carbon dioxide enrichment has been used in commercial greenhouses for more than 35 years. Adding more CO2 to grow room air stimulates growth. Indoor cannabis cultivation is similar to conditions in a greenhouse, and indoor growers apply the same principles. Cannabis can use more CO2 than the 0.03-0.04 percent (300-400 ppm) that naturally occurs in the air. By increasing the amount of CO2 to 0.12-0.15 percent (1200-1500 ppm) - the optimum amount widelyagreed upon by professional growers - plants can grow up to 30 percent faster, providing that light, water, and nutrients are not limiting.

Carbon dioxide enrichment has little or no affect on plants grown under fluorescent lights. Fluorescent tubes do not supply enough light for the plant to process the extra available CO2.

*Carbon dioxide can make people woozy when it rises above 5OOO ppm and can become toxic at super high levels. When CO2 rises to such high levels, there is always a lack of oxygen!

Carbon dioxide enrichment does not make plants produce more potent THC; it causes more foliage to grow in less time. The larger the volume of THC-potent cannabis, the larger the volume of THC produced.

Carbon dioxide-enriched cannabis demands a higher level of maintenance than normal plants. Carbon dioxide-enriched plants use nutrients, water, and space faster than non-enriched plants. A higher temperature, from 75 to 80°F (24 to 26°C) will help stimulate more rapid metabolism within the super-enriched plants. When temperatures climb beyond 85ºF (29ºC), CO2 enrichment becomes ineffective, and at 90ºF (32°C) growth stops.

Carbon dioxide-enriched plants use more water. Water rises from plant roots and is released into the air by the same stomata the plant uses to absorb CO2 during transpiration. Carbon dioxide enrichment affects transpiration by causing the plants' stomata to partially close. This slows down the loss of water vapor into the air. Foliage on CO2-enriched plants is measurably thicker, more turgid, and slower to wilt than leaves on non-enriched plants.

Carbon dioxide affects plant morphology. In an enriched growing environment, stems and branches grow faster, and the cells of these plant parts are more densely packed. Flower stems carry more weight without bending. Because of the increased rate of branching cannabis has more flower initiation sites. Plants that sometimes do not bear from the first flower set are more likely to set flowers early if CO2 enrichment is used.

Cervantes, Jorge. Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible. 5th ed. Vancouver, WA: Van Patten, 2006. 325. Print.
I hope you're keeping your head up Spiri... There are lots of people sending positive energy your way! :thumb:

:Namaste:

Sky rocket is all aboard. Just read your journal from beginning to now. One thing, well a coule of things.

1. Did you run a test run with all or your lights running to make sure your portable a/c can handle the heat?

2. Based on my knowledge portable a/c's don't do to well to cool rooms especially for your flower room. I ran a 12,000 btu window unit to cool (2) 1000 watt lights with no problem but of course I think my room was slightly smaller than yours.

With my learning experience I would go with a a/c mini split system. I think that would be perfect for your setup. But I think with what you have (3) 1000 waters you who would least need a 18000 btu setup.

Good luck

Sky rocket is all aboard. Just read your journal from beginning to now. One thing, well a coule of things.

1. Did you run a test run with all or your lights running to make sure your portable a/c can handle the heat?

2. Based on my knowledge portable a/c's don't do to well to cool rooms especially for your flower room. I ran a 12,000 btu window unit to cool (2) 1000 watt lights with no problem but of course I think my room was slightly smaller than yours.

With my learning experience I would go with a a/c mini split system. I think that would be perfect for your setup. But I think with what you have (3) 1000 waters you who would least need a 18000 btu setup.

Good luck
Mini splits are grossly overpriced for their efficiency, IMHO.

If he ducts the Condenser cooling air from outside, and ducts the light cooling air from outside, there is very little else to cool but ambient air. and with 135 sq. ft. that 14,000 BTU unit he has is more that adequate- but it must be ducted properly so as not to blow his cooled air into the attic.

Mini splits are grossly overpriced for their efficiency, IMHO.

If he ducts the Condenser cooling air from outside, and ducts the light cooling air from outside, there is very little else to cool but ambient air. and with 135 sq. ft. that 14,000 BTU unit he has is more that adequate- but it must be ducted properly so as not to blow his cooled air into the attic.

What do you consider as over priced for mini splits?

I won't use a mini-split for one big reason...if my A/C went down, I'd need to be able to go out an buy a replacement so I can have a new unit in place, and running again within a couple of hours of an appliance store opening. A mini-split is too expensive to just replace, even if you could find one in a hurry. And a repair is out, because I can't have some HVAC guy in my grow room even if I did have days or weeks to get things running again.

:Namaste:

I would love to run a mini split in my room. They are really nice for a closed circuit room. I looked really hard at them for a while before deciding to not purchase one. The prices are not totally unreasonable if your looking at a smaller unit. I priced one out about two months back; 12000 btu from one of our sponsors was right around $800 with shipping included. Like Vape though, I have no HIVAC experience and I have no desire to have a HIVAC guy in my house and definitely not in my room. This led to another no go for me. the warranties on all the models that I looked at were void if the unit was not installed by a HIVAC dude.

An equivalent window or wall mounted unit is way cheaper to replace and can be installed by and idiot (in this case me). I am not in a place where mini splits are very common either, if it were to break it would take weeks to get a replacement. I can be at Wally World standing in the checkout line, new window unit in hand within 30 minutes 24/7. Not a big fan of Wally World but an emergency is an emergency.

I agree with Rocket about the portables too. No 1st hand experiences but from my reading (mostly consumer reports.org) the portables are the least efficient type of AC and had the most problems. I would imagine that they would be pretty hard to get away from using in a tent though.

I also agree with Jandre that SpiriT could make a few small changes to his room that would make the cooling much more efficient. Namely; Intakes low as possible, outtakes high as possible.

Where is our guy. Have not hear from you in a while man. Seems like its all armchair quarterbacks in this journal anymore. Whats the plan SpiriT?

I would love to run a mini split in my room. They are really nice for a closed circuit room. I looked really hard at them for a while before deciding to not purchase one. The prices are not totally unreasonable if your looking at a smaller unit. I priced one out about two months back; 12000 btu from one of our sponsors was right around $800 with shipping included. Like Vape though, I have no HIVAC experience and I have no desire to have a HIVAC guy in my house and definitely not in my room. This led to another no go for me. the warranties on all the models that I looked at were void if the unit was not installed by a HIVAC dude.

An equivalent window or wall mounted unit is way cheaper to replace and can be installed by and idiot (in this case me). I am not in a place where mini splits are very common either, if it were to break it would take weeks to get a replacement. I can be at Wally World standing in the checkout line, new window unit in hand within 30 minutes 24/7. Not a big fan of Wally World but an emergency is an emergency.

I agree with Rocket about the portables too. No 1st hand experiences but from my reading (mostly consumer reports.org) the portables are the least efficient type of AC and had the most problems. I would imagine that they would be pretty hard to get away from using in a tent though.

I also agree with Jandre that SpiriT could make a few small changes to his room that would make the cooling much more efficient. Namely; Intakes low as possible, outtakes high as possible.

Where is our guy. Have not hear from you in a while man. Seems like its all armchair quarterbacks in this journal anymore. Whats the plan SpiriT?

You may want to check back with that $800 for 12000BTU. I saw that same one, I think, and it was inside ONLY replacement. That means without the condenser, lines, or any of the other needed hook-ups.

So basically was the evap coils and drain spout barb, inside the register... and no refrigerant.

Ahhh, 2000 grand is actually 2 million J,:) Here is the link to that AC, my mistake about the price, its $799.99, $856 with tax Looking at it made me want it again. Even after all the reasons that I came up with not to buy it, I still want it. It would just look so good on my wall. As far as I can tell every thing included except for the HIVAC dude.

Ahhh, 2000 grand is actually 2 million J,:)

Would you believe I meant "M", but hit "B"?

Here is the link to that AC, my mistake about the price, its $799.99, $856 with tax Looking at it made me want it again. Even after all the reasons that I came up with not to buy it, I still want it. It would just look so good on my wall. As far as I can tell every thing included except for the HIVAC dude.
WOW! and I mean that... WOW! That's the best price I've EVER seen for a split.... EVER!!

That is a nice little system. I am a certified hvac tech with a mmj card. Do you think i could make a living serviceing growers ac systems in thier grow rooms.

That is a nice little system. I am a certified hvac tech with a mmj card. Do you think i could make a living serviceing growers ac systems in thier grow rooms.

That, my friend is a definite niche that could pay off for you. Of course the 420Gardner is slow to trust outsiders, but if you have a card to show them, it may put them at ease, and if they truly need the help, they would likely be more apt to let you help them, than some big corporate HVAC Repair company.

Hey guys! I am back!
Sorry I had to step away from humanity for the last couple of days to get my mind together!
But now I have found my sweet state of mind again!
I am here for the haul!

Plants first day of Flowering was April 25th.
Making today the 17th day of flowering..

I will have picture updates when lights are on tonight!
Let me simply state .. Oh... My.. Gahh

Things got real in there.. They are 15-16 inches tall already! they are exploding in those 2L DWC-H !!
They have like 8 - 10 bud sites already! looking beautiful! I couldn't believe my eyes.. I hadn't seen them in one week exactly!
And let me tell you maintenance is very simple with them! They have only been fed twice since I have been out of the picture! And they are at 700ppm roughly! No problems AT ALL ]

Now as far as the room!
I do maintain a 50-60% rH and a temp of around 78-80 F in the "day time" but I would love to crank up the lights from 750watts to 1k! So I need to drop it humidity and temp even more!

After catching up on all the posts I have decided that I will seal my room (removing my 10 inch intake) sealing that off..Taking the carbon filter and scrub the air with it (do not let it exhaust out of the room) p.s special thanks to your posts!!
I have read your inputs and decided to try this out.. Also! I will be droppin another a/c unit.. maybe a 10,000/12,000btu along with the 14,000btu will be powerful enough to keep temps low with the 3 1000hps on superlumens* all on at the same time! that with the dehumidifier I am sure I can maintain perfect environment.. Now the room will be enriched with c02 so that will def be an advantage with maintaining a perfect growing environment.. and the only "ventilation" i will have will be the air cooled lights shooting into the attic.. That will take whatever air out into the attic..

Now for the carbon filter scrubbing the air.. I am going to set it up to a timer maybe.. or the controller..just havent figured out how.. or how long it will run.. whether it be only when lights are out ?? and a few 15 min power on's throughout the "lights on"

hopefully this will work..
That carbon filter is so powerful tho... Anyone think I should switch it out? or hold on to it and scrub the air ..maybe the more power will cause a faster "odor-less" environment?

suggestions suggestions...

well I will have picture updates tonight!

Hitmeup
:thanks:

The heat issues are okay for right now.. but the lights are not on the wattage I want them to be.. and only two are running right now.. so I am positive if they were at 1000 i would not be able to keep temps low enough.. and imagine all three on ..def not happening!

but another a/c unit is a must! I will be getting that within the next day or so!
and sealing the room completely no more 10 inch intake on the bottom of the room near the door...

I will have it sealed off and scrub the air with the carbon filter.. no more exhausting.. only thing that will exhaust will be the a/c unit (emitting the hot air from the machine) and the air cooled lights.. which should be takin the cooler odor-less air straight into the bulbs cooling them and throwing any excess heat into the attic.

I don't remember the size fan or your rooms exact volume but I think that a fan big enough to cycle all your rooms air in 3-4 minutes would be plenty big enough. I know you have a NASA sized filter so if you want to save power and money you could keep the filter and it should have a minimum and maximum recommended cfm rating listed on it or on the internet somewhere, I would go with whatever the minimum is. As far as how often it should be on, I don't really know. If PM is a problem in your area I would run it more often than not, if PM is not a problem, Id just run it with the light cycle to scrub and help prevent stratification the tents air. Glad to have you back man, your journal is definatly one of my favorites and I think your plan will produce well for you. Looking forward to the update.

Hey guys! I am back!
Sorry I had to step away from humanity for the last couple of days to get my mind together!
But now I have found my sweet state of mind again!
I am here for the haul!

Plants first day of Flowering was April 25th.
Making today the 17th day of flowering..

I will have picture updates when lights are on tonight!
Let me simply state .. Oh... My.. Gahh

Things got real in there.. They are 15-16 inches tall already! they are exploding in those 2L DWC-H !!
They have like 8 - 10 bud sites already! looking beautiful! I couldn't believe my eyes.. I hadn't seen them in one week exactly!
And let me tell you maintenance is very simple with them! They have only been fed twice since I have been out of the picture! And they are at 700ppm roughly! No problems AT ALL ]

Now as far as the room!
I do maintain a 50-60% rH and a temp of around 78-80 F in the "day time" but I would love to crank up the lights from 750watts to 1k! So I need to drop it humidity and temp even more!

After catching up on all the posts I have decided that I will seal my room (removing my 10 inch intake) sealing that off..Taking the carbon filter and scrub the air with it (do not let it exhaust out of the room) p.s special thanks to your posts!!
I have read your inputs and decided to try this out.. Also! I will be droppin another a/c unit.. maybe a 10,000/12,000btu along with the 14,000btu will be powerful enough to keep temps low with the 3 1000hps on superlumens* all on at the same time! that with the dehumidifier I am sure I can maintain perfect environment.. Now the room will be enriched with c02 so that will def be an advantage with maintaining a perfect growing environment.. and the only "ventilation" i will have will be the air cooled lights shooting into the attic.. That will take whatever air out into the attic..

Now for the carbon filter scrubbing the air.. I am going to set it up to a timer maybe.. or the controller..just havent figured out how.. or how long it will run.. whether it be only when lights are out ?? and a few 15 min power on's throughout the "lights on"

hopefully this will work..
That carbon filter is so powerful tho... Anyone think I should switch it out? or hold on to it and scrub the air ..maybe the more power will cause a faster "odor-less" environment?

suggestions suggestions...

well I will have picture updates tonight!

Hitmeup
:thanks:

I like the idea, with two major needed changes. Bring outside air over the lights for cooling. Bring outside air to the back port to the A/C. if you DO NOT do this, you're pushing cold A/C treated air outside of the room without a filter through not one, but TWO places... This could cause an odor leak, even with the huge filter you have, and will also cause a MASSIVE A/C leak. This would make your grow room sealed. If you do not do this you're going to find that even with two of those A/C's it will not be enough to cool. Reason? If you're pushing air out of the room (through lights and back intake of A/C) air has to come into the room from somewhere to replace it. That WILL be air from outside, and it WILL find its way in.

There is another reason I suggest this: CO2 enrichment. Carbon Dioxide will be vented to the outside first through the back port of the A/C and then once in gets mixed well into the air, it will get sucked out through your light's exhaust.

Both of these put together would be very counterproductive to "The Plan" and also cost you much more to produce your bud. Running ducts to your lights and to the back port of the A/C will correct this very easily and make a true sealed environment.

Back
Top Bottom