Hi Mel :)

Omg they are growing up so quick!

Your girls look lovely! I don’t know about you, but for me every time I Carhook, I look down at her bent and miserable and think “she’s never going to forgive me…” and I’m literally shocked each morning that she has!
Thanks Tra!
I am always surprised how fast some of them recover. Last time Jacinda had the ends of her branches pointed up again within a couple of hours!

Mel, the colors are fantastic. I love the color of what looks like a Tulip in the background. I hope you find a way to take discreet photos of Lucille.

Hmm. Think I'll break this one up into 2 posts.
First, yesterday was a crappy, rainy day, so I didn't take any pics.
This morning started out the same, but it cleared up, and now it's sunny again.
Space Grow 19 May 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 19 May 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 19 May 2022 Lucille1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 19 May 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 19 May 2022 Jacinda1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 19 May 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 19 May 2022 Donatra1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 19 May 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 19 May 2022 Ebony1.jpg

Thanks!

Not for much longer thankfully! These pots aren't heavy, but with the hot peppers there are a lot of them!
Looking good my friend hopefully it doesn’t storm for to long tomorrow supposed to be almost 30C last I checked

Mel, the colors are fantastic. I love the color of what looks like a Tulip in the background. I hope you find a way to take discreet photos of Lucille.
Thank you!
Yes there's a tulip and some grape hyacinth in the pics. I'm thinking I might put a sheet over the fence to block the view when she's a bit taller. When she's tall enough that won't be enough, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Looking good my friend hopefully it doesn’t storm for to long tomorrow supposed to be almost 30C last I checked
Looks like they're predicting rain tomorrow morning,clouds, thunderstorms Saturday and Sunday, then a couple of cloudy days, then two more days of rain, lol.
Let's hope it starts to look better soon. At least we're not getting snow like Alberta!
Everything's better when wet!

Just keep shooting down from above. We'll put those pics into CAD software to get the side shots. :thumb:
I think the sheet will be easier for now!

Thank you!
Yes there's a tulip and some grape hyacinth in the pics. I'm thinking I might put a sheet over the fence to block the view when she's a bit taller. When she's tall enough that won't be enough, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Looks like they're predicting rain tomorrow morning,clouds, thunderstorms Saturday and Sunday, then a couple of cloudy days, then two more days of rain, lol.
Let's hope it starts to look better soon. At least we're not getting snow like Alberta!

I think the sheet will be easier for now!
If we get snow I’m moving lol almost June why the heck is it snowing anywhere around here lmao I got to build little covers for my plants to keep them mostly out the way been lazy the last few days. 18 hour days suck lol

Hi Mel. Your ladies look like they're enjoying being outside. I use an app called Fotor Photo Editor and it has a Background Remover, which I've used and loved. It even gives you different backgrounds you could use instead of the blank, white background that is the default.

I used it on my Photo of the Month entry in April.

Got some pics after the rain moved through. Wish the wind would lighten up, but they're mostly sheltered from it right now. One of the pics of Donatra isn't so good, apparently my phone is having focus issues. I think I'll dig out my old S3 and use its camera, just without a sim card in. It actually has a better camera than my current phone, lol.
Space Grow 20 May 2022.jpg

Lucille Skywalker
Space Grow 20 May 2022 Lucille.jpg

Space Grow 20 May 2022 Lucille 1.jpg

Jacinda the Ripper
Space Grow 20 May 2022 Jacinda.jpg

Space Grow 20 May 2022 Jacinda 1.jpg

Commander Donatra
Space Grow 20 May 2022 Donatra.jpg

Space Grow 20 May 2022 Donatra 1.jpg

Ebony
Space Grow 20 May 2022 Ebony.jpg

Space Grow 20 May 2022 Ebony 1.jpg

It'll be nice when the weather dries out a bit and I can feed them again. Luckily the new soil means it's not as urgent, and at least the rain is keeping it moist enough for the roots to keep growing into it.

Hi Mel. Your ladies look like they're enjoying being outside. I use an app called Fotor Photo Editor and it has a Background Remover, which I've used and loved. It even gives you different backgrounds you could use instead of the blank, white background that is the default.

I used it on my Photo of the Month entry in April.
Thanks, they are and so am I!
I'll look into the app. It's got to be easier than rigging a sheet, lol.

If we get snow I’m moving lol almost June why the heck is it snowing anywhere around here lmao I got to build little covers for my plants to keep them mostly out the way been lazy the last few days. 18 hour days suck lol
We actually did have snow here in June once when I was really young!
I'm not too worried about the rain in veg, except for those really hard downpours we seem to be getting every summer for the last few years. Last year they bent some of my branches so badly that they never stood back up again. I had to tie them up to keep them off the ground.
The storms we got in September had some of my buds on the ground for a bit. Hopefully this year will be better.

We actually did have snow here in June once when I was really young!
I'm not too worried about the rain in veg, except for those really hard downpours we seem to be getting every summer for the last few years. Last year they bent some of my branches so badly that they never stood back up again. I had to tie them up to keep them off the ground.
The storms we got in September had some of my buds on the ground for a bit. Hopefully this year will be better.
Must have been before my time or I just don’t remember haha I do remember for some time tornados would rip you Hamilton at least once a year. Ya September here is like how April should be so much freaking rain lol does bud rot only occur during flower or can it rot from rain while in veg?

Must have been before my time or I just don’t remember haha I do remember for some time tornados would rip you Hamilton at least once a year. Ya September here is like how April should be so much freaking rain lol does bud rot only occur during flower or can it rot from rain while in veg?
I've never seen rot during veg, but I have seen powdery mildew. I think a cut or tear could get infected though. There are diseases that can be spread during wet and humid weather, but I haven't had to deal with any.
Just budrot/botrytis during flower, and PM.
Usually I only lose a few small buds to budrot, but last year was terrible. The PM was way worse too. Actually lost a branch or two to that alone.

I've never seen rot during veg, but I have seen powdery mildew. I think a cut or tear could get infected though. There are diseases that can be spread during wet and humid weather, but I haven't had to deal with any.
Just budrot/botrytis during flower, and PM.
Usually I only lose a few small buds to budrot, but last year was terrible. The PM was way worse too. Actually lost a branch or two to that alone.
Good to know I was thinking of putting them under the umbrella this morning then fall back to sleep By the time I was up again it had already rained. Last night around 12am could have sworn it was hailing in Stoney Creek

The photos of the training are really good Mel. I see that you are using the thicker wire. The plants are looking pretty.

I'm really into watching you do your thing outdoors, Mel! All the plants are noicce! :Rasta:

Looking forward!

Good to know I was thinking of putting them under the umbrella this morning then fall back to sleep By the time I was up again it had already rained. Last night around 12am could have sworn it was hailing in Stoney Creek
That's the kind of rain that makes me tie up branches before storms.
The photos of the training are really good Mel. I see that you are using the thicker wire. The plants are looking pretty.
Thanks!
I do like how much more of a cushion the thicker wire gives the plant. I have had really young branches get bruised by overenthusiastic training.
Everybody's coming along great Mel! You got the Carhook™ going on! I love a plant in the sunshine!
Thanks!
I still don't know how to do that superscript thing though!
I'm really into watching you do your thing outdoors, Mel! All the plants are noicce! :Rasta:

Looking forward!
Thanks GDB!
I really am looking forward too!

That's the kind of rain that makes me tie up branches before storms.

Thanks!
I do like how much more of a cushion the thicker wire gives the plant. I have had really young branches get bruised by overenthusiastic training.

Thanks!
I still don't know how to do that superscript thing though!

Thanks GDB!
I really am too!
Ya man I’m considering putting another tie on them before the branches

Ya man I’m considering putting another tie on them before the branches
Just got a severe thunderstorm warning. Possible nickel sized hail. It's supposed to be some time between 12:30 and 1:30. Think I'll bring the girls in for that, and put a bucket over Lucille.

Just got a severe thunderstorm warning. Possible nickel sized hail. It's supposed to be some time between 12:30 and 1:30. Think I'll bring the girls in for that, and put a bucket over Lucille.
Thanks for the heads up probably will put them under the umbrella if it’s to windy bring them in

Back
Top Bottom