Sly's 1st Grow: Multi-Strain Autos In Coco With Dyna Gro Nutrients

I could use a little help here. I am hang drying each branch when I take the plant down and I am doing this in 40% humidity.

Is that too low? I have two small humidifiers going in my large tent and I can only get it to stay at 40%.

It is possible that I can rig up a smaller tent and get a better humidity level. This is my first time drying so any help is appreciated.

I could use a little help here. I am hang drying each branch when I take the plant down and I am doing this in 40% humidity.

Is that too low? I have two small humidifiers going in my large tent and I can only get it to stay at 40%.

It is possible that I can rig up a smaller tent and get a better humidity level. This is my first time drying so any help is appreciated.

Cut your exhaust fan speed to keep the humidity in the tent. A high extraction rate pulls the humid air out as fast as you add the humidity.

You can dry in 40% humidity, but the outside of the buds will dry too fast. You'll need to jar them early, and burp them often to compensate.

When I jar them, I am using Bv\oveda packs. Is that okay or should I jar them without the Boveda's first?
The Boveda packs will be used up much faster if you put them in at the start. I'd go without for a while first, waiting until the humidity before burping is below 75%.

Right now I am hang drying in a tent. Does drying in the dark versus the light make a difference as well?
That's the consensus. I've dried in the basement where it's low light during the day. I'm tent drying for the first time with this harvest. Because I press it and put it into capsules I can't say how it affects taste/smell when vaped, or smoked.

Well, here is what happened. I dried out the Amnesia for 5 days in 25% humidity. I am pretty sure I screwed it up because after 5 days hanging and 3 days curing i tested a bud and barely got high.

I ordered a digital microscope and I am examining the tricombs closely for the next 4 plants.

The Amnesia buds which dried out fast are at 40% without the Boveda's.

Do you think I harvested too early if a sample barely got me high?

I went back a page, and the buds look a little on the light side. I couldn't see the pistils. It's a good bet that is the problem. When you get the microscope you can take a close look to be sure.

I went back a page, and the buds look a little on the light side. I couldn't see the pistils. It's a good bet that is the problem. When you get the microscope you can take a close look to be sure.
Thanks @Old Salt. I've got the environment set at 55% humidity now. The next two plants to come down are the White Widow and the Critical Mass. Right now my target date is the 8th to take them both down. I'll upload some tricomb pictures Friday night or Saturday morning.

Critical Mass
20200130_112640.jpg

White Widow
20200130_112648.jpg

Critical Mass closeup
20200130_112705.jpg

White Widow closeup
20200130_112715.jpg

Soon I'll be ready to harvest. Both the Critical Mass and White Widow have been lollipopped and trimmed. Five days ago I checked and then trichomes were not yet amber at all.

Here's some eye candy. We're at 9 weeks 5 days on the Critical Mass and 10 weeks 2 days on the White Widow.

Critical Mass
20200203_172942.jpg

20200203_172950.jpg

White Widow
20200203_173109.jpg

20200203_173118.jpg

Of the two the Widow is older, but the Critical Mass is closer to harvest. I'llc check with the wireless micrscope in 2 days!

The first image shows mainly clear stalks. I haven't encountered headless trichomes yet, so I don't know.

The trichomes in the second are mainly cloudy, with some still clear. Check to see if you can find out whether the strain develops amber trichomes, as some don't. If you can't find anything, do a fast dry on a small bud in the oven or microwave, and try it before you harvest the plant.

I tested some of the Critical Mass by smoking two small bowls through a 10 inch bong with an ice cathcer after using a Quick Dry method. First came an intense body high and then I felt a little spacey. After that I came down super happy as I spent time talking with a close friend for half an hour straight.

I am unsure whether this strain produces amber trichomes. Does anyone know where to look? The breeder doesn't say. Additionally the White Widow has weird headless trichomes and they are all clear. She's overdue by the breeder so I am going to test some of it to see for sure. Again, no information on the trichomes.

Back
Top Bottom