Silverfox’s Organic GG#4, MK Ultra x Blue Dream: Now Flowering Under Budget LED

How high is the light from the babies?

And I like the name with the tribute! Better than the names I come up with for grows. Normally I name mine after they start developing along.

I’m using a mh for veg. It’s about 12” from the top

can’t wait to do a full flower with your light! I just harvested the candy kush last night and it was easily themust compact of any of that strain my friend ran.

I’m sad to be shutting down the flower tent for a couple weeks.

if only I had ordered from you sooner and not tried to use that random led high bay light. I’m guessing the wave length just wasn’t right.

but I now have found my light supplier for life! Can’t thank you guys enough for answering every question I had. Customizing the cord length. Reaching out to me to ask if I wanted driver on the inside mounted to light or outside the tent. It was a lot of fun working with you and I look forward to future endeavors

it’s where’s I learned to enjoy the process.... something @Opar has to be sick of hearing me say. But I think it’s truly one of the most important parts especially for impatient people like me when getting into those final days

definitely not sick of it :) and it is wonderful to be here on 420 mag with quality people such as yourself helping us newbies along! I’m sure the stealthy grow for cash guys keep their trade secrets secret, so it’s a beautiful thing to be a recreational grower and able to tap into this knowledge base, without having to put up with ego... it’s a blessing! Thanks for paying it forward to us Silverfox!

Ya. There is a lot of back and forth on using fem seeds for breeding. But I’m not selling them. I’m the only one that will grow them unless I give them out and I will explain the origins if I do. I’ve ran them a couple times and had no herms or anything. Definitely no loss in potency.

I’m just playing around. Hoping for the day I can grow 100 at a time truly pheno hunting. But for now it’s just a fun addition to the hobby. Kind of why I started cloning. It was like. Oh that’s sounds fun I’ll try it.

You guys are doing it right, Justin! And killin it by the way, I might add!! Making a huge impression on us :420: Go’ers!!:thumb::ciao:

Thank you for the kind feedback! :)

I’m using a mh for veg. It’s about 12” from the top

can’t wait to do a full flower with your light! I just harvested the candy kush last night and it was easily themust compact of any of that strain my friend ran.

I’m sad to be shutting down the flower tent for a couple weeks.

if only I had ordered from you sooner and not tried to use that random led high bay light. I’m guessing the wave length just wasn’t right.

but I now have found my light supplier for life! Can’t thank you guys enough for answering every question I had. Customizing the cord length. Reaching out to me to ask if I wanted driver on the inside mounted to light or outside the tent. It was a lot of fun working with you and I look forward to future endeavors

Thanks for the kind feedback! We appreciate it. Anytime you have questions, just message us here or through our site. Someone will respond quickly!

Experimenting is always good with random lighting you find. You will never know it until you try it. I know some guys tearing apart different electronics and making custom lighting from that. Shoot I have personally used my chicken heating bulb set-up as a seedling light at times in the past. I recently also tested 4000k only LM301B for full cycle growing with auto flowers. I am always into finding / utilizing different resources to grow with.

I was just curious on the height with the MH. Seemed like the plant was developing nicely (no stretching, etc.).

6B99EDB4-31B0-4D10-817A-2057204C6276.jpeg

just for fun here’s a picture of the candy kush. I trim them about a week after I cut to help slow the drying process.

i am so glad to be done with this strain to be honest. It was not a terrible plant to grow. Me and my neighbor were both running them with different set ups to compare. He had health issues and I had to take over. This was not in organic soil as I'm used to and needed some help recovering but it turned out looking the best of the bunch

the bud structure is what I don’t like it’s almost what I picture a land race to be. Really airy buds.

however this harvest does look more compact than the last 2.

I still have 3 seeds in case I want to breed it. It produced a good amount of flower but it’s too sativa dominant for my taste.

I want that couchlock lol:meditate:

Man I have some weird obsession with first time growers. Do you have a journal?

I love to try to help people not make the stupid mistakes.

i think this stems from having such a great guide my first grow. I still use his watering technique. I fondly read through my first grow a couple weeks ago and it was only then that I realized what a huge help @CareStaker was and how fortunate I was to have him stumble into my budget grow.

things have changed a lot since then. but none to them general routine.

it’s where’s I learned to enjoy the process.... something @Opar has to be sick of hearing me say. But I think it’s truly one of the most important parts especially for impatient people like me when getting into those final days
Thats a awesome obsession. I do have a journal, it was my bro's the i kinda made my own, but it doesnt have a lot of useful stuff in it, just been reading a lot of yours and everybody else's. Thanks :hookah:

6B99EDB4-31B0-4D10-817A-2057204C6276.jpeg

just for fun here’s a picture of the candy kush. I trim them about a week after I cut to help slow the drying process.

i am so glad to be done with this strain to be honest. It was not a terrible plant to grow. Me and my neighbor were both running them with different set ups to compare. He had health issues and I had to take over. This was not in organic soil as I'm used to and needed some help recovering but it turned out looking the best of the bunch

the bud structure is what I don’t like it’s almost what I picture a land race to be. Really airy buds.

however this harvest does look more compact than the last 2.

I still have 3 seeds in case I want to breed it. It produced a good amount of flower but it’s too sativa dominant for my taste.

I want that couchlock lol:meditate:
They look super fire. lol:hookah:

Good morning , I hope all is well in your respective grows!

My plants are still going good under the mh. I can’t wait to get the largest into some organic soil. Maybe in the next couple days, just want The stem to get a little more rigid.

Attachments

• 6FE7E256-F41C-4D3C-B732-731BDAE1266C.jpeg
    6FE7E256-F41C-4D3C-B732-731BDAE1266C.jpeg
    815.7 KB · Views: 255
I’ve decided I’m going to go ahead and re pot the larger plant tonight. It’s starting to show some early Nitrogen deficiency.

I was just out stirring my organic soil and it is just begging me to use it. It’s this perfect texture and looks so much better than the medium it’s in now.

If I make any changes to the mix it is just due to what’s available in my area.

it’s really fantastic when you give it at least 6 weeks to “cook”.

Also just FYI you can’t start seeds in it or they risk getting burnt by the soil. I usually move them into it after 2-4 weeks. When ever the plant starts letting me know it’s ready.

Good afternoon people. I hope all is well with your respective grows.

things are moving smoothly over here. I have started training the mku/bd..... we still need to come up with a official name for it Lol.

so my reasoning for journals is because when I was first starting they me confidence to get started , to experiment, and to have fun. I always have the novice growers in mind and try to create journals that will help a new grower. So even though most of you are experienced let’s do this tutorial style.

step one : secure the stem pulling it slightly the opposite direction of which you wish to bend the top of the plant. I used a binder clip and a garden tie

CA99D7F7-9412-4DBF-A9FE-CA805174C6CE.jpeg

step two:

bend the top of the plant the opposite direction of the tie securing the stem. For this I used garden staples but have used anything from more wire ties or coat hangers cut down and bent to form a hook

EF91A2A9-4932-4A33-9D12-4A0FA514460D.jpeg

Ok so a couple things. None of which are updates to my journal lol.

first a question for the fine folks at @BudgetLED. So as I mentioned I flowered this beat up. Nutrient deficient plant mostly under the beautiful led from you guys. Once I got it I put it in my organic soil mix. I have noticed as mentioned before that this thing did dense to the buds significantly over my hps. What I was not expecting was the difference in taste. These were all clones off of my mother plant so no difference in DNA. The LED flowered plants I just taste tested today are sweet. Like oh man is there a starburst stuck in my pipe? What an unexpected delight. I was recently listening to an interview with DJ Short(my idol).I hold him in higher regard than Nevil... no disrespect they are both great. Just my opinion. Anyway he was talking about how flowering with MH brings out the sweet and flowering with HPS brings out the sour.

do you guys think the LED would also bring out sweet flavors or is this just in my head. I know they taste different. But there are a couple of factors that’s were changed during this grow and can’t be sure if the led should get the credit lol. Time will tell :surf:

also I just picked up a 4x4 tent so get ready for my onslaught of questions in about 6 -8 months when I’m done with a couple projects I’ve been wanting to do and am ready for a legit flower light!!

if you can’t tell I think really highly of these guys and want them to succeed

my second thing is if you are all interested in breeding or just want a new cannabis podcast check out the pot cast.

My favorite episodes are the DJ Short interview and the interview with Breeder Steve.

DJ short also mentions he has been flowering at 11 on 13 off since the 80’s and said it helps terps and yeild because the plants absorb energy during the day and use it at night. It makes complete sense and I will be running my next couple in the flower tent like this

Happy growing

silver

Back
Top Bottom