Jack Herer (x2)
download (2).jpg

Genetic Makeup:

Bruce Banner: Hybrid 60% Sativa and 40% Indica genetics
Produced by combining the genetics of OG Kush and Strawberry Diesel

Jack Herer: Hybrid 55% Sativa dominance
Created by combining the genetics of Shiva Skunk, Northern Lights #5, and Haze

Pot/Bucket Size:
Seedlings started in Plant Nursery Pots with Humidity Dome 4". Will graduate to 3 Gallon air Pruning pot

Tent Size:
4'x 3' not including 2 tier propogation area

Grow Space:
10' x 10'

How Many Plants:
5 Plants in total. Bruce Banner (3x) Jack Herer (2x)

Environment:
Indoor/Basement Grow

Stage:
Seedling Stage

Medium:
Seeds planted in Rapid Rooters and put inside of Fox Farm's Happy Frog Potting Soil

Lights:
Presently under 200 Watt CFLs soon to be moved under dual ViparSpectra UL Certified 600W (together) LED's

Nutrients:
Presently none, but will be utilizing General Hydroponics Trio Series

Room/Tent Temperature: 79°

Relative Humidity: 70% Seedlings presently under domes

Media/Res
Happy Frog has a pH of 6.3 to 6.8

Pests:
None (...yet)

Watering: 08-17-2024
I thoroughly watered Rapid Rooters and surrounding soil before planting. Afterward I plan on watering every 2 to 3 days. Using tap water which has a pH of 7.2

Date seeds sprouted (2 out of 5 seeds): Tuesday August 20th 2024

3 days in and two have already popped. Both Bruce Banner and Jack Herer.

03 - Jack Herer.jpg
04 - Bruce Banner.jpg

It also looks like another Bruce Banner may pop soon. She is hiding within the Rapid Rooter. I'm assuming given another day she should be up and perky.

05 - Bruce Banner.jpg

I did not water today but did water Monday (8/19/2024) with plain old tap water. I also removed the humidity domes due to the fact that the environments looked a little TOO soggy?

Loving this grow journal! Jack Herer and Bruce Banner are two of my favorite strains, so it’s awesome to see them together. Looking forward to seeing how they develop in soil. Keep the updates coming!
Loving this grow journal! Jack Herer and Bruce Banner are two of my favorite strains, so it’s awesome to see them together. Looking forward to seeing how they develop in soil. Keep the updates coming!
Thanks for dropping in Vibes. I appreciate the comment! Thanks again

Date seeds sprouted (4 out of 5 seeds): Wednesday August 21st 2024

Today I celebrate the birthdays of my 2 girls who popped up overnight! :happy-birthday:
One of the seeds had a problem with the seed shell being stuck on the cotelydons, (Bruce Banner 2nd row, to the left). Also there appears to be stretching with my Jack Herer seedling (1st row to the right). Bruce (in the back) is still a little bit shy and so hopefully she will spring up soon.

07 - Growing.jpg

I watered each seedling with 5 ml of water because I'll be gone tomorrow and I didn't want them to dry out.

:volcano-smiley::peace::peacetwo::snowboating:

Date: Friday August 23rdth 2024

Well I wish it weren't so but I had to cull my Bruce Banner seedling. She was just lying dormant inside the Rapid Rooter. So I gave her a proper burial and still have 4, which is really all I need. I just plant 5 and wait for one to not work out for the most part.
08 - Cull.jpg

Also I noticed that the rapid rooters are getting moldy??? I will have to do some research on that. Not quiet sure what to do about that one.

09 - Mold.jpg

I hope this remedies itself soon...

Date: Friday August 23rdth 2024

Well I wish it weren't so but I had to cull my Bruce Banner seedling. She was just lying dormant inside the Rapid Rooter. So I gave her a proper burial and still have 4, which is really all I need. I just plant 5 and wait for one to not work out for the most part.
08 - Cull.jpg

Also I noticed that the rapid rooters are getting moldy??? I will have to do some research on that. Not quiet sure what to do about that one.

09 - Mold.jpg

I hope this remedies itself soon...
If you mean the green stuff, that's algae.
It'll die off later when you do your wet/dry cycles, or at least when it's shaded by the plant.

If you mean the green stuff, that's algae.
It'll die off later when you do your wet/dry cycles, or at least when it's shaded by the plant.
Melville, thank you for your help. I did some research and I had read where using 3% hydrogen peroxide/water mixture would get rid of the algae. The only prob with that is that it also kills beneficial bacteria as well. Best to stick to your advice. I just need to be a little more patient but I'm still somewhat of a brown thumb. 🙏 Thank you once again. Oh by the way? Are you a Calvin & Hobbes fan or is that just my imagination?

Are you a Calvin & Hobbes fan or is that just my imagination?
I am!
I was stoned when I came up with my screen name, and I was trying to remember the name of Sherlock Holmes' brother, Mycroft.
Ended up with Melville Hobbes, lol!
It was only later I remembered Calvin's attempt to con Santa :)

I am!
I was stoned when I came up with my screen name, and I was trying to remember the name of Sherlock Holmes' brother, Mycroft.
Ended up with Melville Hobbes, lol!
It was only later I remembered Calvin's attempt to con Santa :)
I thought that was a picture of Sherlock Holmes! I just couldn't put one and one together. I would have never guessed it was Sherlock Holmes brother. That had me in a loop. Hey I just wanted to say thank you again for your input I really appreciate it! 🙏 I hope this grow will be elementary my Dear Holmes!

I thought that was a picture of Sherlock Holmes! I just couldn't put one and one together. I would have never guessed it was Sherlock Holmes brother. That had me in a loop. Hey I just wanted to say thank you again for your input I really appreciate it! 🙏 I hope this grow will be elementary my Dear Holmes!
I don't think Sidney Paget drew Mycroft smoking, so that is Sherlock in the profile pic, lol!
I like using the original illustrations from The Strand.

Date: Saturday August 25th 2024

Well it appears that letting the environment dry out a bit has helped as they have all had a spike in their growth.
10 - Update.jpg

I have given them all roughly a tablespoon of water. I'm not sure if I'm just being stingy with the water or cautious? Worried about them being in a wet environment so playing it by ear at the moment. Also a little worried about the excessive stretch on the Jack Herer (front row to the left). Not sure if that's because I had it on a timer (6 off 18 on) so I decided just to leave the light on 24 hours to reduce the stretching. Not sure if that's going to help but I am hoping it will. The algea appears to have gone away for the moment since they've dried out.

Thank you for viewing my journal. Any and all input is welcome! :passitleft:

Date: Tuesday August 27th 2024
Day 10
from seed to seedling

Its apparent that the environment is too hot for the seedlings. I have a reading of 82 degrees and 57% humidity and that measurement is from the base of the pots with a heat mat! I'm assuming the canopy is much much hotter.
11 - Heat.jpg
12 - Stress.jpg

I turned on the fan to bring the temperature down. Gave them all a watering and raised the CFL a few inches because they look like they were suffering from heat stress. 10 days in and already dealing with problems. Not good. I'm hoping the stress won't reflect on their future growth.

Date: Thursday August 29th 2024
Day 12
from seed to seedling
Quick update:

After further evaluation and comparing the 2 pictures one against the other, I am not sure if it is heat stress that is affecting my Jack Herer? The picture on the left is from August 27 and the one on the right is from today. I can visibly compare the 2 pictures.
12 - Stress.jpg
13 - Stress.jpg

Not sure if the pH is off or if its nutrient burn, overwatering, or if its a lack of nutrients. I'm still quite a noob at this and so am not really positive what is affecting my plant. But for the rest of the girls it seems that everything is okay so far.
14 - Update.jpg

I'm reluctant to start messing around with it until I have a better understanding of what may be affecting her. I need to do some research and appreciate any input as to what may be happening to her.

Day 12
from seed to seedling
Quick update:

After further evaluation and comparing the 2 pictures one against the other, I am not sure if it is heat stress that is affecting my Jack Herer? The picture on the left is from August 27 and the one on the right is from today. I can visibly compare the 2 pictures.
12 - Stress.jpg
13 - Stress.jpg

Not sure if the pH is off or if its nutrient burn, overwatering, or if its a lack of nutrients. I'm still quite a noob at this and so am not really positive what is affecting my plant. But for the rest of the girls it seems that everything is okay so far.
14 - Update.jpg

I'm reluctant to start messing around with it until I have a better understanding of what may be affecting her. I need to do some research and appreciate any input as to what may be happening to her.
I'm not seeing any signs of overwatering. If anything, your soil looks a bit too dry. I know the algae is ugly, but it really doesn't hurt anything, and will go away when the plants are big enough to block the light.
The discoloured part of those leaves looks a lot like light burn, although I've never seen that under fluorescent lights.

Edit: Your new growth looks good though.

Day 12
from seed to seedling
Quick update:

12 - Stress.jpg
13 - Stress.jpg

14 - Update.jpg

D9 you use calmag in your plain water before adding nutrients?
It helps with nutrient uptake.
Might slow those spots from spreading. :Namaste:
If it's nutrients?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I'm not seeing any signs of overwatering. If anything, your soil looks a bit too dry. I know the algae is ugly, but it really doesn't hurt anything, and will go away when the plants are big enough to block the light.
The discoloured part of those leaves looks a lot like light burn, although I've never seen that under fluorescent lights.

Edit: Your new growth looks good though.
Mel, I REALLY appreciate the info. I took your advice and watered them STAT. Thoroughly saturated the soil and let them be. Thank you Mel! 🙏

Back
Top Bottom