Sense Amelia's First Pop At Indoor Soil Grow

AMAZING!! Way to go Amelia!!
Man, that was one hell of a first grow! I'm GREEN w/ envy! (get it? :) GREEN! Ha! Yes, I'm still a big dork. Just an older one now.lol!)

Looking forward to the smoke report and your next adventure in horticulture!

:goodjob::thumb::bravo::high-five::clap::slide::adore:

K

Great Harvest....Better than 1.5oz per plant is my guess! +Reps

:thanks: loads for all the lovely comments and the "rep points" guys! Went to check on the drying stash today and I was half scared of it already stinking of "hay" or something :rofl: But I was safe... they STILL smell amazing. I had to dissect some of those big colas a bit more as they will dry better that way.

It has a very spicy aroma, but I also noticed hints of lemon today (after yesterday saying it did not smell fruity) Got a ball of sticky shit we removed from the trimmers, it's so thick and hashy, real smooth. I'm working my way through it now :laughtwo: :blunt:

good call on breaking those buds up! an alternative for the future might be to assign similar sised buds to each shelf, smallest ones at the top and big at the bottom where its cooler.

that way the small ones should dry fast but still evenly and the lower ones will take longer and retain a better evenness.
lmao you can smoke your way from top to bottom =D

looking forward to hearing your combined dry weight!

NICE!
Just make sure they don't dry too fast..
That hay smell will go away once all the chlorophyll is gone.
Once you jar them all up to start curing process, burping the jars will insure the excess chlorophyll is escaping.
Then the smell will really start to come out as they cure..
:thumb:

an alternative for the future might be to assign similar sised buds to each shelf, smallest ones at the top and big at the bottom where its cooler.
:rofl: I did it all the wrong way round then. I put colas in the "top drawer" :laugh: Oh well, I'll sort it tomorrow. ;-) Thanks Giga.

looking forward to hearing your combined dry weight!
...As am I. :laughtwo:

That hay smell will go away once all the chlorophyll is gone.
It hasn't started yet, and hopefully it won't. I was just saying I was DREADING there being a hay smell when I walked in today - not the case though. ;)

I'll definately
be TRYING to cure my share. I smoke at a rapid rate though... it's gonna be hard. LOL

Just make sure they don't dry too fast..
Temps are where they should be, it's nice and dark, little oscillating fan is blowing... doing all by the book so to speak.

I had to repost the whole thing!

:cheer::yahoo::party::bravo:

Day 68 of 12/12

Bit of an update, a new microscope arrived through the post this morning, and well, it seems my trusty old jewellers loupe has died a death. It was telling me nothing compared to the scope. I shouted out loud when I focussed in... :laughtwo: There were amber trichs EVERYWHERE. Like globules of liquid gold :love: They were crying out to be harvested two days earlier than planned... so, hair tied up ready for business, I went in there and reaped what we have sown...

...When we first purchased this big net thing to dry it all in, we never thought my girls would give us a payload like this :laughtwo: 6 layers nicely stocked with it. Half of that minus 1oz is ALL mine.

SDC12555.JPG

SDC12560.JPG

SDC12559.JPG

SDC12558.JPG

SDC12557.JPG

Here's a little bud I took a snap of without flash so you can see the colours more nicely. You can clearly see how ripe they are. Some of those hairs are almost pinkish in colour and some of the buds had a little purple coloured hue. They smell VERY sweet and pungent. But NOT in a fruity way, it's very hashy, a little aniseed scent, kinda creamy and rich.

SDC12567.JPG

The whole thing took me 5 hours solid to do, the other half did sit and help me though... he filled that little carrier bag, and I did the binliner :laughtwo: But I really had no objections.... I was very much in my element, and found the experience extremely therapeutic. I noticed that two hours burnt by and it only seemd like 30 minutes. Just crazy. I had 4 pre rolled joints to smoke whilst I was at it and the other 'half kept bringing me cups of coffee which was great!

We will grow out the critical sensi stars next and compare their yield to this, (sensi star are fast, custard creams are long) it might be that we choose to go back to THIS current strain and do 'em all over again - they are something else. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm not sure what happens next now, smoke report is a whole different section isn't it, so I'll make my way there as soon as it's all dry. I didn't bother to weigh it all "wet" fuck that, I care about the end result personally. ;-)

I want to take this opportunity to shout out a HUGE thankyou to everybody who played a part in my journal, helping me along the way, offering wonderful advice and always such kind words. It would have been alot more difficult without this forum, all the resources and the good members here. I was very dubious whether to join a place like this, but I am very much glad I did, and I'd be more than happy to share the next grow out with you guys and gals too. :cheer: Definately gonna 'keep it green' as they say :rofl:

Peace ........ :peace:

----------------------

Julian Marley - Boom Draw - Official Video - YouTube

Great harvest .... glad it ended well for you.

Thanks Fluffy! It's so good to have you back, hun! Hope you're feeling loads better!!

Aww Thanks Mc! You're right about the aroma changing, it's amazing, today mine just smelt sweet like fucking flowers or something. Lovely.

and may you never buy weed again!
Unbelievably, I got 2 oz coming right to my door on Wednesday :rofl: My half of this crop will not sustain me for long. 6 weeks I'm thinking. I've been smoking just less than 1/2 oz a week lately.

Thanks Mutt! :blushsmile:

OK guys and gals. This is it. Today is dry weight day. The harvest is complete. I just gotta distribute it round now :laughtwo: We hit gold and reaped 9 Ounces and 11.8 Grams total :rofl: I was imagining 5 and a half, you can see what an eternal pessimist I really am.

Peace. :peace:

OK guys and gals. This is it. Today is dry weight day. The harvest is complete. I just gotta distribute it round now :laughtwo: We hit gold and reaped 9 Ounces and 11.8 Grams total :rofl: I was imagining 5 and a half, you can see what an eternal pessimist I really am.

Peace. :peace:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Like I said. You're a natural!

Fantastic job!

K

you were born for this life Sense. i knew it the moment i saw your grow and thinking style.

i bet next grow will be even better, your gaining confidence, maybe willing to experiment a bit more with enhancements like LST e.t.c

just remember to check out your strains history tho. one plant may blow up if topped but another will flop. for example. so dont let your green fingers get you carried away ;)

Great job Amelia! Excellent harvest. Hope mine can be half as good. :)

:thanks: guys!

2 months supply?
Yes. Plus I ordered 2oz in for Thurs, that takes me to three months supply.

plus what you already ordered, for the other journal.
Ha ha yes... 3 out of 4 have popped now.

Back
Top Bottom