Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy Comparison Grow Hempy Style By Bluter

Beautiful spears bluter!

more on the way. they are building decent. working on them now and it's clear they are entering back half of flower.

been a while since i updated here. when poor seedsman got hacked i kinda lost interest. of course, the plants kept right on growing oblivious to the drama.

full

things have got a little interesting in the back half of flower. i have 2 distinct bud structures, one with super chunky calyxs, and the other much more traditional. both show typical sativa spacing between the buds, without as much stacking into a single cola.

can see the two bud structures here

full

temps started getting out of hand and we ran into a couple issues. i had a few busted branches from handling and needed to add in a lot of extra support with bamboo poles as they had outgrown my cages by near double.

full

note all the extra supports, stuff is still outta control with all the extra poles and multiple tie downs.

about this time i found a little mold even though my rh has struggled to get to 35%. i mean, why not ? if i'm gonna deal with other issues might as well throw them all at me lol

i pulled anything infected i found and repositioned my 2 little 6 inch fans at canopy height and added a third. it had the problem arrested in a couple days after adjusting.

full

i grow on shelf units to lift the plants making maintenance easier. this grow is the first time in a few yrs i literally dropped the bottom shelf direct to the floor. the purple ghost candy girls stretched a full 2 wks longer than the last full sativa i grew.

i seem to have 2 phenos. the odour is amazing but is pretty different between them. the chunky ones look killer potent but smell a bit milder. the more traditional looking buds have a looser structure but smell so strong you don't notice the other if they are beside each other.

in the later part of flower i've been running:
8L RO
10ml calmag
9g mega crop
2g bud explosion
10ml h2o2 at 27%
ph to 5.8

feeds have been daily for wks now. the h2o2 is fantastic to smooth things out in passive hydro, it really helps out if you are nip and tuck on temps and rh.

good look at a chunky bud with the looser structures in the background.

full

if i get mold it is usually in the chunkier ones as air can't get through. this time it was in a couple looser buds which was really curious.

i been on some festival shows the last few wks of summer which has tied me up quite a lot. i really hoped to pay this grow more attention than it has got. came back into town late sunday and decided the grow was a call monday.

took it down last night.

full

just about impossible to get the whole branches in the pic frame.

i went through it hard and removed anything i thought may still be harboring mold. will have an even closer look at final trim and jar.

it's looking like a good harvest. maybe not as much as i normally produce, but i cut it back by a plant, and i almost always wind up with a jar or so more than i guesstimate at chop. i'm thinking maybe 6 jars but i may be surprised.

will add a jar report when i do final trim.

Nice work! I'm seeing them come in between 70ish and 100ish days depending what pheno ya get. Mine was 72 days in flower to make a fantastic outcome! Nice and gassy but not bitter if that makes any sense, Some sweetness I guess but not candy sweet. We like it a lot!

did you notice any differences in bud structure between them? as they hit the back half of flower i almost wondered if i had 2 different strains.

did you notice any differences in bud structure between them? as they hit the back half of flower i almost wondered if i had 2 different strains.
I grew only one and it grew like you described. Buds didn't twirl together for a solid cola like we like to see but they were all solid and came in as some of the frostiest I've grown! I think it ended up with 9 oz's dry from a manifolded plant.

I grew only one and it grew like you described. Buds didn't twirl together for a solid cola like we like to see but they were all solid and came in as some of the frostiest I've grown! I think it ended up with 9 oz's dry from a manifolded plant.

i ran the cages but i would definitely recommend a manifold, scrog, or quadline over any of the less aggressive methods. this is a plant that will do killer with training and is a bitch otherwise indoor. :p

Absolutely! I had it in a 6 foot tent and even with one layer of shoots she grew to where I had only 8 inches of space to bring the light up! A major stretcher! I'm real happy I decided to go with it!

i got near 8 feet and i was begging them to stop lol :cheesygrinsmiley:
my extractor and filter even have their own space above the light. i've never been worried about head room before.

my grow was pretty traditional. i topped once and ran cages. i did have the flower room tied up with garden stuff too long though.
i didn't flip as early as i wanted, normally that isn't so much of an issue, but i'll never try that with these again.

8 feet! Man! She's going to be a giver! Good growing!

lol. no, that's how much head space i have.
the branches in the hanging pic max out at 3ft long or so. there's about a foot and a half to 2ft i cut from them to hang.

I had a single Lemon Candy Something a few years back that did that and it taught me a lot. Probably why I went manifold this time. It was a busy grow keeping her under the light!!

i normally do more aggressive training but have gone to cages because easy. i've used them before yrs ago. i'm essentially growing a ubt style.

edit : i should actually measure a couple of the longer branches for fun. i'm just guessing.

Congrats on bringing in a great harvest with all the travel jobs you've been doing this summer! Got some really long branches of buds that seem to be the hallmark of the indoor PGC so bluter.

everybody here was over this grow a few wks ago lol
i need to keep my summers clear. the indoor summer stuff is simply too problematic. the winter grows are snooze by comparison.

How many days post flip were they? Otter's went 72, Tok's went 82, and P9 is at 102 for his last one...so I'm seeing a range. :)

i haven't figured it out yet. i don't really count them and haven't for years. a quick check shows i'm in the 70 day window. 74 from flip less however long it took them to turn.

You're a busy one!! Looks like a killer harvest!! Happy sticky Friday to you!!

probably trim sunday or monday. or sunday through monday lol

All this talk of 8 foot stretch has got me scurred.

:oops:

All this talk of 8 foot stretch has got me scurred.

PGC is super branchy and stretches like nothing i've seen. it's not as bad as a golden tiger which needs to be run 12/12 from seed to keep under control. it's a great plant for any kind of aggressive training.

oh yeah ... :bongrip:

i exceeded my best guess of 6 jars by 2 full jars. i had 7 and wound up stealing one of mom's. thought i'd only need 1 extra if that.

full

half of them were the larger jars too. the one i stole was the largest mom had empty lol ... :p

notice the tablecloth background. it's always christmas at final trim and jar.
got a pile of nice sugar trim to boot. i do a fairly aggressive wet trim then a final dry trim. i keep the final dry trim sugar leaf for other things.

i got lucky and caught them at the back end of the hang. another 12 hrs and i'd be too dry for much of a burp. probably just be a few careful burps over the next few days to make sure it's stable and then it'll get locked up for a month cure before the first try.

well, maybe, i have a big friends / family wedding on the first week of sept .. may have to do an early try. it's gonna be nuts cause its all entertainment industry folk too.

stuff smells fantastic. it was already past the hay stage hitting the jars. i'll try get a smoke report here as well when it happens.

Gotta love having jars of herb in reserve!! Nice haul!! 😎✌️

i was down to the last couple so it's nice to see.
it punched above the plant count for sure.

Nice looking full jars Great harvest. 🍋

thanks. it's too bad what happened to the supplier but the strain is a keeper. really hope they get straightened out as i'd give them a recommend.

Back
Top Bottom