Second attempt

peat/coco mixes.
Is there anything in the description that stands out in your mind?
Do we need to prep peat like we prep coco?
Is there a pH range for peat like there is for coco?
Given that this is a mix of straight coco and peat, my guess is you need to pH for coco/hydro, which would put you in the high 5 range (5.7-5.9 I'm thinking, but I'm not a hydro guy).

Two other things come to mind...I hope that light is far off the plants if it's even half 1200 wall watts, because the plants are still small. Also, I think you can water in a smaller ring for now until you see more growth.

Thanks guys. Is there anyone else who can give me definitive answer on my ph for watering with this mix? I don’t want to adjust anything too much as these seem very sensitive. I can take a pic tomorrow and they will of perked right up. They just go limp as soon as anything happens lol. Like they are about to play dead. Then run off with themselves!!

As Shed said

If it's Coco... pH at 5.6-6.0, water daily with 1/4 strength nutes

But with all the peat...not sure the watering daily applies

I'd dbl check with who u got it from, ask about pH, watering frequency, and adding nutes and how often

Sorry about the lighting!!! That is a picture from my diary. That was 4 days ago. So they are growing.... is that growth slow? Average? Compared to my pics from today?
644E6335-34C5-4341-8072-E6FD6B59195A.jpeg

As Shed said

If it's Coco... pH at 5.6-6.0, water daily with 1/4 strength nutes

But with all the peat...not sure the watering daily applies

I'd dbl check with who u got it from, ask about pH, watering frequency, and adding nutes and how often

I did ask the retailer and he said it’s fine to water with just tap water sat fir 24 hours. So did the chap loading his van. I did two tests of ph. One came back at 6.8. Other onecame back at 6.4. If I need to drop it that’s not a problem but do I drop it or just gradually lower over next couple of feeds? That’s if lowering isexactly what is needed.
thanks for this helps me a lot to just be able to ask these questions instead of researching similar or complete guess work.

Thanks for the quick response guys!

Hey again @TheStickyIcky , so here's the plan:

1) We would like you to feed at a pH of 5.8
2) You need to be able to pick up the pot and know when it's getting really light - that's when you know you need to water
3) Right now you are trying to get the roots to grow, so one day water about 60 ml around the stem - and another day about 90 ml in a circle about 7.5 cm (3") away from the stem
4) You want the medium to be moist, not saturated - and please don't water the whole pot - the plant is too small
5) When the pot is light you can do a full water which is likely 250 ml for a plant that size
6) You need to understand that peat retains water, and I recall reading that someone had a 4 day wet/dry cycle
7) You need to understand that even though the top is dry, there is a big pool of water at the bottom of the pot, and if you overwater, you will rot the roots
8) We are concerned about the coco/peat not being prepped properly - even if the manufacturer says it is - I still prep it to be sure - trust but verify
9) Please get us a close up picture of those unhealthy fan leaves - in good white light

From reading your intro, it sounds like you've done your homework and you only having trouble with "how to water" and the pH.

We're assuming you are following the recommended feeding schedule.

Autoflowers typically require a lot of experience to grow - as a new grower you are better off with photperiods.

Also, next time please just use either coco, peat, or coco/perlite - there is a lot of support for that here.

Have you researched training - like LST and HST yet?

You are going to get confused and frustrated, but we'll get you there - just keep us updated!

And overall, you're doing a great job!

There are so many knowledgeable people here ready to help and put in the effort to see you succeed!

And just as a reference, you might want to skim @Preston9mm 's journal and see how he tamed his Dreamberry Autoflower:

On Jan 13, 2020 - it was a seedling: Dreamberry Seedling

Then he trains it and finally tops it on Jan 22, 2020: Dreamberry Topped

As you can see, an Autoflower is perfectly happy being trained and topped.

PS: If you like to win stuff and learn about quality products, check out @George from The Vault 's links in my signature below :cool:

Yeah :hmmmm: what everybody else said :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke: ...Uhm, what was the problem again...oh right, mixed medium, high PH, and a n00b to boot...should have went Fox Farms soil, it buffers the PH for you and it's easier to learn to communicate with your plants :morenutes::morenutes:but you look like your doing okay with all that stress :rofl: oh and BTW welcome to the forum :passitleft:

The first pic is one plant which is not showing any rusty spots. Nothing to write home about.
the second and third are my other plant which is showing more rusty spots. Is there any links to anyone growing in peat and coco? The medium I used is buffered. Had about a week to two of ready available nutes within. That’s what I was told. I have read reviews and ppl have not fed this mix for 3 weeks etc. Some after a week. If I need to drop ph that is fine. I’m not watering for 4 days at this moment in time as that’s when it dries out. So hopefully from now to then I can find a resolve. In regards to my light it’s a 1200w led with grow and bloom settings. I’m running on full power and it is hung about 3 feet above tops of plants. There is fan and I also have a carbon extractor which is more than capable for my grow space. Which is restricted. Anyone point me into a peat forum as not quite sure how to navigate these forums yet.
F8A604F5-ECE8-436F-A09D-A5DAC7B1F9AE.jpeg
57EB7AC2-5BFD-4216-A941-6409AADDB8E1.jpeg
483C9F63-572F-4B04-A9B0-C6D0961AC1A7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom