Rex's Perpetual Hydroponics, LED, 4x4 Tent Using TBC 10 Gal System: All Are Welcome, Come Learn & Help

Great news on the news incoming new dehumidifier!

That’s so great to have the support of your wife on your passion for growing, she’s a keeper! She reminds me of Mrs. N she is always very supportive of my growing adventures!

Some nice specs on the dehumidifier! Looks like it has a good size holding tank for the water, Ive been on the lookout for one with a bigger tank. I’m pretty sure mine is a 30 pint I end up emptying it twice a day at the peak of flower!

Bit of a head scratcher on the yellowing on the lowers, 50 gallon pot is pretty big and I wouldn’t think it would be root bound…but what do I know I don’t grow outdoors at all lol.
Thank you N420 😊
She is an absolute keeper, I'd do anything for her.

The dehumidifier in the tent right now is only capable of pulling 20 Pints (I think) a day, so this one should make it dry as a desert in the whole garage. If you're looking for an upgrade, I'll let you know how this one works out. It's the livingbasics model from the Zon.

I'd never in my life thought I'd fill a 50 gallon with roots either, especially on my first soil grow. But I have seen her go dry after 3-4 days (when there was no rain).
I'm going to try skewering the roots to see if that helps.

Thanks N420! Though it looks like the problem has been solved.

Mrs Rex surprised me. I'm still taken aback sometimes by just how incredible she is.
I told her about the bud rot, and the new dehumidifier not being as good as the last one.
I said I was going to start putting aside some money to replace it with a bigger one in a few months (as even if i get this one working, if its struggling in a tent- it wont do for the grow room), and I'd sell my current one to recoup some of the cost...her reply? Take it from our savings (we don't have lots), and don't wait for more bud rot.

I didn't argue.

So now I'm eagerly waiting for the "shipped" notification.

I can also take a huge sigh of relief. My big soil plants won't be as likely to get bud rot now. I also wired up a new plug for them in the garage.
The bigger plant now has my biggest light, the 650R pulling 630 Watts. The smaller plant, has my P4000 over it pulling 400 Watts. And the tent was given the NextLight 420h to finish up the Ak-47 Auto.

Now on cold rainy days like today, they stay inside under their lights.
And a dehumidifier will be capable of:

Optimal Size Room: 1500-5000 Sq.Ft
Dehumidification 2012 DOE Standard: 70 Pints/Day (2019 DOE Standard: 50 Pints/Day)
Dehumidification(MAX): 120 Pints/Day
Bucket Capacity: 1.85 Gallon (7 Liter)
Product Size: 14.9 x 10.5 x 24.2 inch
Product Weight: 43.0 lbs
Wattage: 520W
- Functions -
Auto Pump: Yes
Auto Defrost: Yes
24hr Built-in Timer: Yes
Automatically Humidity Sensor: Yes
Air Speed: Low / High
Peak Air Flow Volume: 360m³/h

Oh and the dang thing even has WiFi connectivity.

So, much like Melville Hobbes, I'm loosing my lower fan leaves at a rather alarming rate. I think I need to increase her nutes again, though my MC bag has finally been emptied. Either that or she's rootbound :hmmmm: Considering her size, that is a possibility. She is four feet long, and three feet wide, and three feet high at the canopy height (scrogg net to average top). She's in a 50 gal. Fabric container, and has the entire top solidified with feeder roots from the feel of it.

So far with a few expectations, she has mostly been hose fed/watered. The few exceptions were StepWell compost tea (I am without a doubt ordering a massive bag of that stuff,) and Stepwell ammendments (veg and bloom).

20220923_135319.jpg

20220923_142204.jpg

20220923_142231.jpg

20220923_142350.jpg

The Ak-47 Auto is just doing her thing as I impatiently wait for her to finish

20220923_144051.jpg

20220923_144114.jpg
20220923_144139.jpg

20220923_143951.jpg
Sounds like a beast, no more bud rot yeaaa :yahoo:
Gardens look great.
Glad you got the new plug in place, 15amp?
Hope your having a nice weekend.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Ok I just caught up. Wow, quite the bud rot trials and tribulations. Have you checked in earnest since you did the high temp treatment? Did it work? Meanwhile, the roots on the 50 are ridiculous. That plant is going to take forever to break down, lmao! Sorry to hear about an early harvest, hopefully you don’t get two. And props to the wife!!! Rock on, Sensei!

Sounds like a beast, no more bud rot yeaaa :yahoo:
Gardens look great.
Glad you got the new plug in place, 15amp?
Hope your having a nice weekend.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks Bill!
The plug is actually a 20 Amp 220V.
The plug for the new dehumidifier will be just a 15 Amp 110V, dedicated for just the dehumidifier.
i didn't want any worries about overloading the breakers.
im hoping that once it arrives, it'll be a big help.
Ok I just caught up. Wow, quite the bud rot trials and tribulations. Have you checked in earnest since you did the high temp treatment? Did it work?
Well, i can say that shes been checked, extremely well several times since the heat treatment.
Did it work? Thats the kicker, there is no real way to know- its anecdotal. If there was Boytris spores, for whatever reason they haven't turned to budrot yet.
Wether thats from the heat treatment, luck, or them not being exposed to as high humidity again is the real question.
We've got several days of non-stop rain coming, so heres to hoping that it doesn't return before the new dehumidifier arrives.
Meanwhile, the roots on the 50 are ridiculous. That plant is going to take forever to break down, lmao! Sorry to hear about an early harvest, hopefully you don’t get two. And props to the wife!!! Rock on, Sensei!
Thanks Jon!
I could totally be wrong on it being the roots are too packed. I skewed the pot today anyways.
We'll find out come harvest time! But I suspect that Bill's method for layering did wonders for the roots. I used his method, with an extra addition of adding some Stepwell compost tea as a layer as well.
I bought two 1lb Grove bags to give them a try. They've been on my list to try for sometime now. I look forward to having two pounds less to burp

So, much like Melville Hobbes, I'm loosing my lower fan leaves at a rather alarming rate. I think I need to increase her nutes again, though my MC bag has finally been emptied. Either that or she's rootbound :hmmmm: Considering her size, that is a possibility. She is four feet long, and three feet wide, and three feet high at the canopy height (scrogg net to average top). She's in a 50 gal. Fabric container, and has the entire top solidified with feeder roots from the feel of it.

So far with a few expectations, she has mostly been hose fed/watered. The few exceptions were StepWell compost tea (I am without a doubt ordering a massive bag of that stuff,) and Stepwell ammendments (veg and bloom).

20220923_135319.jpg
Like you Rex, my outdoors were looking very hungry for Nitrogen and feeding hard on the lowers. Megacrop tends to be light on the N. You might want to consider going with a Miracle Gro or something to hit it harder with some Amonical N (sp?).

I use Miracle Grow Bloom for my outside girls, and they are marvelously green....so much so, that my last watering I did with half nutes.

I havent had to pluck a bottom leaf since.

Know wut ahmeen?

Like you Rex, my outdoors were looking very hungry for Nitrogen and feeding hard on the lowers. Megacrop tends to be light on the N. You might want to consider going with a Miracle Gro or something to hit it harder with some Amonical N (sp?).
Hey BVB, thanks. So you think she's just low in N? I was considering feeding her some FloraNova Bloom. I usually use that in my hydro grows, so I've got plenty of it.
I can also see about picking up some Miracle grow, I think they have some in the town close to me.

I use Miracle Grow Bloom for my outside girls, and they are marvelously green....so much so, that my last watering I did with half nutes.

Your plant looks amazing. Perfect color on her.
I havent had to pluck a bottom leaf since.

Know wut ahmeen?
I gotcha, thank you, I appreciate it:)

Hey BVB, thanks. So you think she's just low in N? I was considering feeding her some FloraNova Bloom. I usually use that in my hydro grows, so I've got plenty of it.
I can also see about picking up some Miracle grow, I think they have some in the town close to me.
I absolutely do and if the FloraNova Bloom is high in Nitrogen....use it. I also like to switch up from the Nitrate Nitrogen in MC to some Ammonical Nitrogen every now and then.

Had to catch up alittle. But dang least I got few nugs off one two pages ago. I bet it's hard outside now. With weather . Better wind that grows up out there. If ur in northern hemisphere that is . Lmao
Thanks 7Dust2!
Never a need to catch up brother.

I am indeed in the Northern Hemisphere. And in the Northern part of that ;) , I'm up in Northern Canada.
I've planned ahead, and put the outdoor plants on trolleys to wheel them in for cold and wet days. There they sit under grow lights in a nice warm shed. It's not heated, but it's insulated and the exhaust from my grow tent keeps it somewhat warm at this time of year.
I absolutely do and if the FloraNova Bloom is high in Nitrogen....use it. I also like to switch up from the Nitrate Nitrogen in MC to some Ammonical Nitrogen every now and then.
It's not too high in it. It's a 4-8-7. But uses more Nitrate Nitrogen, than Ammonical Nitrogen. Does wonders in hydroponics.
GH-FloraNovaBloom2-pop.jpg

So, onto the Ak-47 Auto in the tent. She's a foxy foxtailing girl.
20220923_143951.jpg

The trick with a plant that's foxtailing heavily...look to her mid flowers. When those pistils brown, it's time to check her trichome
20220925_135653.jpg

Looks like it's time to find, then charge my microscope to check trichomes.

20220925_135759.jpg

20220925_135708_resized.jpg

Thanks 7Dust2!
Never a need to catch up brother.

I am indeed in the Northern Hemisphere. And in the Northern part of that ;) , I'm up in Northern Canada.
I've planned ahead, and put the outdoor plants on trolleys to wheel them in for cold and wet days. There they sit under grow lights in a nice warm shed. It's not heated, but it's insulated and the exhaust from my grow tent keeps it somewhat warm at this time of year.

It's not too high in it. It's a 4-8-7. But uses more Nitrate Nitrogen, than Ammonical Nitrogen. Does wonders in hydroponics.
GH-FloraNovaBloom2-pop.jpg

20220923_143951.jpg

The trick with a plant that's foxtailing heavily...look to her mid flowers. When those pistils brown, it's time to check her trichome
20220925_135653.jpg

Looks like it's time to find, then charge my microscope to check trichomes.

20220925_135759.jpg

20220925_135708_resized.jpg
If that’s as bad as the foxies get, you’re in great shape. Looks close!

Well, i can say that shes been checked, extremely well several times since the heat treatment.
As others have mentioned, your wife is a keeper!
If there was Boytris spores, for whatever reason they haven't turned to budrot yet.
Oh sorry, that was the plant you were referring to! :oops:
FloraNova Bloom
Not all that high in N and higher in stuff you may not need.
Love the pinkish hue on that one!

🎵Aaaaand another one bites the dust🎵

🎵 And another ones gone, and another ones gone🎵

Trim day!

I really need to invest in a trim bowl, good thing it's for personal meds, luckily I only mind the rough trim when looking at it in pics :laugh:.

On a side note: i forgot to snap a photo of it earlier, but she has the biggest stalk on any plant ive grown....bigger then the 50 gallon photo period (or close to it) :hmmmm:
20221001_192456.jpg

Congrats on the take down Rex! Lovin those pink purple buds.

That time lapse photo is pretty cool, fun to watch the plants life from beginning to end.

🎵Aaaaand another one bites the dust🎵

🎵 And another ones gone, and another ones gone🎵

Trim day!

I really need to invest in a trim bowl, good thing it's for personal meds, luckily I only mind the rough trim when looking at it in pics :laugh:.

On a side note: i forgot to snap a photo of it earlier, but she has the biggest stalk on any plant ive grown....bigger then the 50 gallon photo period (or close to it) :hmmmm:
20221001_192456.jpg
Wow! That bud is beautiful! The color! Whoa! Congrats on the takedown!

Pretty pink bud Rex!
Thank you SO! They're incredibly bright pink in some spots. And sticky lol.
Congrats on the take down Rex! Lovin those pink purple buds.

That time lapse photo is pretty cool, fun to watch the plants life from beginning to end.
Thanks N420, they certainly are colorful, and incredibly dense.
Wow! That bud is beautiful! The color! Whoa! Congrats on the takedown!
Thanks Jon!
I have to say, this plant might be a record breaker (for me) in weight...assuming I haven't lost any more to budrot.
Yup I just found some
20221002_155730.jpg

20221002_111559.jpg

Well smoke break is done, time to get back at it

Thank you SO! They're incredibly bright pink in some spots. And sticky lol.

Thanks N420, they certainly are colorful, and incredibly dense.

Thanks Jon!
I have to say, this plant might be a record breaker (for me) in weight...assuming I haven't lost any more to budrot.
Yup I just found some
20221002_155730.jpg

Well smoke break is done, time to get back at it
Hope it’s not too bad. I can’t stand that purple you don’t want. The white actual mold bothers me less than the color thing, cuz sometimes the color looks like it belongs and makes you miss the rot. That purple you have could almost belong there. Fingers crossed for you.

Hope it’s not too bad. I can’t stand that purple you don’t want. The white actual mold bothers me less than the color thing, cuz sometimes the color looks like it belongs and makes you miss the rot. That purple you have could almost belong there. Fingers crossed for you.
Thanks Jon. That mold was an easy to spot one at least. So far I haven't found more, but I'm not done yet, just done for the night:bong:

Very cool GIF.
Congrats on the harvest Rex!
Pretty buds.
Thanks GB!
The Gifs have almost become a tradition for me :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well I've got one big box filled with nugs. I use paper bags in-between each layer. First box is three layers deep. Tomorrow I'll start on the next box.

The plant looks to be about half done. I'll be back at it in the morning.
So far no further signs of mold (knock on wood :dude-knocking:)

My new big dehumidifier is up and running. The whole garage is at 35-40% RH :cool:. So while it is a bit warm in there, at least it's nice and dry.
Cause the plant is still in her planter, and still very much alive...just half gone.

20221002_110447.jpg

20221002_183201.jpg

Back
Top Bottom