Radogast's Hi-Brix Basement Grow - New Location - New Soil - New Experiences

Sorry I'm late Rad. I wouldn't want to miss this though. Didn't know you were going hb. Very cool. I will get caught up soon. Glad to see you back so soon.

Cheers

You are not late!

I haven't sent out invites because there is nothing to see yet - I haven't even chosen which seeds to plant :)

Tomorrow, I hope to have some pictures of finished ducting. But if it's nice weather I'll probably spend time outdoors digging a dam and drain. I like to dig :rofl:

I looked around:420: and didn't see this mentioned, so I'll quote the email

50% Off Web Orders Ends Soon!

Sierra Natural Science
to me
9 hours ago

Dear Radogast

SNS is offering a huge Fall Clearance discount on website orders until October 15, 2016.

Just visit our website at Shopping | Sierra Natural Science and enter Coupon Code FALL50.

*FALL50 coupon is valid from 9/16/16-10/15/16 for use on website orders only. Wholesale products are excluded.

We hope you enjoy all of our SNS products!

Sincerely,

Sales
Sierra Natural Science
877-626-5505

Since I will be measuring small amounts of soil fertilizer and foliar ingredients, I went to the grocery store to supplement my 4ml plastic graduated bulb pipette thingies.

$2 for a ml/tsp/Tbsp/oz measuring glass

20160930_231024-1.jpg

I have a couple of those too, they're great. I use them for all kinds of stuff, even measuring 2-cycle oil to mix with gas for the outdoor toys. I never mix enough to use the entire container so these are a must-have!:thumb:

I looked around:420: and didn't see this mentioned, so I'll quote the email

50% Off Web Orders Ends Soon!

Sierra Natural Science
to me
9 hours ago

Dear Radogast

SNS is offering a huge Fall Clearance discount on website orders until October 15, 2016.

Just visit our website at Shopping | Sierra Natural Science and enter Coupon Code FALL50.

*FALL50 coupon is valid from 9/16/16-10/15/16 for use on website orders only. Wholesale products are excluded.

We hope you enjoy all of our SNS products!

Sincerely,

Sales
Sierra Natural Science
877-626-5505
:thanks: so much... You just saved me $46...:yahoo:...:circle-of-love:

:party:Planting Day:party:

Last night I finished up the electricals. This morning I half-cleared the room and planted.

The master outlet (ceiling) has the gfci that protects 3 outlets

20161004_185304-1.jpg

For now, I plugged in the temperature controller that runs the exhaust fan.

20161008_112347-1-1.jpg

The wiring for the other outlets are simpler :)

20161004_163420-1.jpg

The other ceiling outlet is running the veg light and the air circulating fan.

20161008_112357-1.jpg

I installed a third outlet for the shelves at the end of the room. I imagine this will power the cloner, stereo, tea bubbler, etc.
I also imagine I will clean off the shelves some day :)

20161008_112507.jpg

On to the planting ...

First step: Wash two previously used 7-gallon and two previously used 10-gallon pots.

20161007_123710.jpg

Second step: Realize I am planting in 1 gallon pots today. So I loaded soil in the large pots around the small pots.

20161007_121316-1.jpg

4 pots ready to go. Both 7-gallon and 10-gallon pots are loaded with 6 gallons of soil packed around a 1 gallon pot shape.

20161007_121914-1.jpg

At the last minute I remembered I needed to stealth screen the windows. (Window screen and panda film stapled on the inside)

20161008_112415.jpg

Back to planting ...

Soaking the pots from the bottom in 1/4 transplant.

20161008_112214-11.jpg

Photos while soaking the final pot. (note exhaust fan in brick wall.)

20161008_112308-1.jpg

Photos while soaking the final pot. (note unused wood window screens and doors behind the circulation fan.)

20161008_112736-1.jpg

Planted pots ready to grow. (note bucket with RO water feed - the valve leaks :( )

20161008_1256241.jpg

The first 4 plants in the new grow location, all feminized. Sprinkled with ROOTS!. planted direct into the soil.

AMS Borderliner XTRM Borderliner XTRM Feminized Marijuana seeds

AMS AK47 XTRM AK47 XTRM Feminized Marijuana seeds - the ultimate AK47

HSO Bubba's gift (from Herbies) Herbies Mobile

HSO Amherst Sour Diesel (from Herbie's) Herbies Mobile

20161008_125647.jpg

It's great to have seeds back in the ground.

:party:Planting Day:party:

Last night I finished up the electricals. This morning I half-cleared the room and planted.

The master outlet (ceiling) has the gfci that protects 3 outlets

20161004_185304-1.jpg

For now, I plugged in the temperature controller that runs the exhaust fan.

20161008_112347-1-1.jpg

The wiring for the other outlets are simpler :)

20161004_163420-1.jpg

The other ceiling outlet is running the veg light and the air circulating fan.

20161008_112357-1.jpg

I installed a third outlet for the shelves at the end of the room. I imagine this will power the cloner, stereo, tea bubbler, etc.
I also imagine I will clean off the shelves some day :)

20161008_112507.jpg

On to the planting ...

First step: Wash two previously used 7-gallon and two previously used 10-gallon pots.

20161007_123710.jpg

Second step: Realize I am planting in 1 gallon pots today. So I loaded soil in the large pots around the small pots.

20161007_121316-1.jpg

4 pots ready to go. Both 7-gallon and 10-gallon pots are loaded with 6 gallons of soil packed around a 1 gallon pot shape.

20161007_121914-1.jpg

At the last minute I remembered I needed to stealth screen the windows. (Window screen and panda film stapled on the inside)

20161008_112415.jpg

Back to planting ...

Soaking the pots from the bottom in 1/4 transplant.

20161008_112214-11.jpg

Photos while soaking the final pot. (note exhaust fan in brick wall.)

20161008_112308-1.jpg

Photos while soaking the final pot. (note unused wood window screens and doors behind the circulation fan.)

20161008_112736-1.jpg

Planted pots ready to grow. (note bucket with RO water feed - the valve leaks :( )

20161008_1256241.jpg

The first 4 plants in the new grow location, all feminized. Sprinkled with ROOTS!. planted direct into the soil.

AMS Borderliner XTRM Borderliner XTRM Feminized Marijuana seeds

AMS AK47 XTRM AK47 XTRM Feminized Marijuana seeds - the ultimate AK47

HSO Bubba's gift (from Herbies) Herbies Mobile

HSO Amherst Sour Diesel (from Herbie's) Herbies Mobile

20161008_125647.jpg

It's great to have seeds back in the ground.
Great to have you back!.

Damn baby... you're doing things up right from the start!
I've heard reports that the temp controllers can be flaky and prone to failure. I've always wanted to employ one, but sometimes things just don't work out well in my swampish corner of the world. I barely trust timers.

20161008_112347-1-1.jpg

This is the same temp controller I have been using for 2 years.
Made from simple electrical (as opposed to electronic) parts.
A rheostat dial for lights on, a rheostat dial for lights off, a light detector, a switch for heat/cool/off, and a wire for something (external relay/sensor?)

20161008_112347-1-1.jpg

This is the same temp controller I have been using for 2 years.
Made from simple electrical (as opposed to electronic) parts.
A rheostat dial for lights on, a rheostat dial for lights off, a light detector, a switch for heat/cool/off, and a wire for something (external relay/sensor?)

Nice man, looks like you got your environment covered. Congrats for the girls! I'll be interesting show, this. :Namaste:

Nice man, looks like you got your environment covered. Congrats for the girls! I'll be interesting show, this. :Namaste:

Thanks for visiting. Welcome to my frow

I'm actually somewhat half@$$ing this room. I haven't decided whether to grow 4, 6 or 8 as one batch - or 4 in veg, 4 in flower perpetually, or what.

I don't have a plan for a flower area seperate from a veg area - yet.

For the last year and a half, I have been growing about 20 plants in a perpetual grow - being very casual and inattentive to details, basically moving plants from veg to flower as they are ready, and planting new clones as the pots come ready. My results have been mixed, but tasty and satisfying. Trying to grow plants as a single batch is foreign to me - but might be easier :)

I have two 216W CFL (one purple - one with 2 bad bulbs), two 300W LED, and two 600W HPS - so I can flower up to 8 girls at a time, but I need to take stock of everything else and decide on my grow capacity. When I decide, I'll let you all know :)

Looking good rad! :passitleft:

I've also been somewhat half-@$$ing my duties as a host.

:passitleft: Pass it around and feel free to talk among yourselves :)

:cheer::thumb::love::circle-of-love::high-five::Namaste:

:smokin::cco::drool:

For the last year and a half, I have been growing about 20 plants in a perpetual grow - being very casual and inattentive to details, basically moving plants from veg to flower as they are ready, and planting new clones as the pots come ready. My results have been mixed, but tasty and satisfying. Trying to grow plants as a single batch is foreign to me - but might be easier

I've been thinking along those same lines lately. Kinda sux in a hydro world mixing up 42 different batches of nutes to feed the plants at various stages of growth. Of course, I complicate the issue by growing 6 or 7 different stains at one time.
Yes... my little SOG has it's various drawbacks... at least it's never boring.

Hey Rad old buddy....didn't know you were starting in again. Still follow your other journal & thought maybe you were taking a break. Good to see this & able to follow you again. :Namaste:

Good point. Now that I (almost) have something to see, I could post a link in the old grow.

I'm in! Love the old houses. Mine is like walking through catacombs in basement with brick and stone walls.

Also starting my own Doc Bud brix kit soon for next batch, so definitely gonna follow this one.:thumb:

Yep. Stone foundation, brick interior walls. Unused coal chute, disconnected heating oil tank, current natural gas furnace and little sign of maintenance or major problems in the last 100 years. There was water in the basement at least once, but by the looks of the dusty paint it has been a few decades.

Welcome aboard. There is lots of room in the virtual hallways of :420:

I've been thinking along those same lines lately. Kinda sux in a hydro world mixing up 42 different batches of nutes to feed the plants at various stages of growth. Of course, I complicate the issue by growing 6 or 7 different stains at one time.
Yes... my little SOG has it's various drawbacks... at least it's never boring.

My perpetual grow was satisfying because there was always a plant to train, a clone to take or pot, or repot.

I want to grow lavendar, mints and other garden plants in the basement, so I almost have to have a veg and bloom areas. Probably 4x4' with a single HPS 600W light for bloom and 3x4' under the 4' T5 for veg.

I am hoping that puttering around with garden plants will help keep me entertained while the cannabis girls are in flower.

Back
Top Bottom