Perpetual Batch Grow - Indoor Hyrdo 4 1K Lights Ebb & Flow

Re: Perpetual Batch Grow - Indoor Hyrdo 4 1k lights Ebb&FLow

Just noticed this part...

I used "t" for the drain plugs so the trays fully drain thru the same hose that filled em. My trays hold a full res (12 gallons) and I fill them in pairs, so no overflow is needed. If I should leave for a while I'll fill the bath tub and use that water to refill the res in-between watering. I should be able to go 6-10 days that way.

I would add overflows if I were you. Both the tubing and fittings are cheap. Good insurance if your fill gets clogged or the timer fails and the pump doesn't shut off. Also, I wouldn't use the bathtub as a backup res for multiple reasons. First, it connects to the sewer...yuck. Second, they typically don't hold water for than a day or two as the drain is not water tight.

Just noticed this part...

I would add overflows if I were you. Both the tubing and fittings are cheap. Good insurance if your fill gets clogged or the timer fails and the pump doesn't shut off. Also, I wouldn't use the bathtub as a backup res for multiple reasons. First, it connects to the sewer...yuck. Second, they typically don't hold water for than a day or two as the drain is not water tight.

Yea, the water will only go one way out from the tub. I'll probably just but a few big trash cans in it as your right it will leak out over time.

I still don't need an overflow as the each tray holds a full res of water.

6th Rotation Completed

Busy day here. I just bought a new batch of clones. I took Lav's interest in Casey Jones as a recommendation and have 4 new CJ clones:
IMG00186-20101231-1454.jpg

I'll be transplanting them as soon as the 6 inch cubes are ready. Got the cubes soaking now. Sorry Lav they don't have any seeds.

I got some coco matting and built out two new tomato cages with mats:
IMG00197-20101231-1556.jpg

I take the stakes at the bottom and bend them to support the plant:
IMG00187-20101231-1507.jpg

Then I took the coco mat and made a 6" basket out of that at the bottom and then filled it with Hyrotron balls.
IMG00188-20101231-1511.jpg

This should be a good test. I put a new OG Lemon Kush plants into the new coco baskets. I put another onto a single layer of coco mat to test that configuration as well.

I moved in 4 new Granddaddy Purples into the flower room:
IMG00195-20101231-1555.jpg

Then moved 4 Afgan Kush and 2 OG Lemon Kush plants under the lights. I have the Afgans Kush plants doubled up as they are so stringy.
IMG00194-20101231-1555.jpg

My 1st batch is now between the light for the home stretch. I've got 6 batches in the flower room now. One batch short of a full flower room.
IMG00192-20101231-1555.jpg

Interesting use of the mat, they do have prefab coco cups for that though. I would just place the cubes directly on top of a piece mat cut to fit the bottom of your tray. Looks good either way. I especially like how you did the cages.

good score on the clones... u could also use 6" pots 1/2 full of h balls that way u can move plants as needed...:Rasta:

You have a fantastic grow going... love the cage demo.. might have to make some of those! Could help me keep them away from the lites I hang lower.

Death Row

My 1st batch is getting close. I think I'm seeing my first amber tricromes. This is a close up of a kola bud on a Hindu Skunk plant:
2011-01-02_11-09-06_818sm.jpg

I'm going to start flushing these gals today. I think they've seen their last nutes. Here's the batch up between the lights on "Death Row" for the final phase:
2011-01-02_11-04-10_248.jpg

2011-01-02_11-05-33_327.jpg

Thanks for the advice and interest:thanks:

very impressed with how well the plants did with only that much roots!! its simply amazing.. yah i am worried about PM aswell.. its been raining here and RH has been high i had to purchase a 50 pint dehumidifier to keep the RH under 50% i believe its supposed to be 40% to control PM maybe i should get a sulfer burner?? will see later on during flowering.. my collective recently posted this on there blog and i would like to quote them i find it to be interesting and very helpful and would like to share this with you......

"Hey everyone! This time of year we see an upswing with people getting breakouts of the powdery mildew. Yea…you know exactly what it is. It’s that powdery white spots that show up on the leaves of our plants. It’s really abundant here in the San Diego area because of the nearby avocado groves. Here is a great remedy, that will kill powdery mildew for the long haul. Just mix 2oz per gallon and use your favorite wetting agent. Two applications spaced a week apart will do the job. TREAT YOUR MOTHER PLANTS TO INUSRE PM STAYS OUT OF THE FLOWERING ROOMS!!! Best of all it’s about $13 at your local Home Depot. The main ingredient is MYCOBUTANIL and it’s specifically kills the entire PM Organism!"

spectracide1.jpg

hope this helps in anyway!:420:

beautiful job tj, and thanks for looking for the seeds....ok, now i really have some serious PLANT ENVY ....lol...will be watching them....i can buy the unsexed seeds online, but $$$ and unsexed seeds...oh well, i finally had to resort to that to get the willie nelsons too....just lucked out so far with them, they both appear to be female...one in the 4x4 getting ready to go in the bud room, and the other is in the phototron...loves the heat....and i dont know its sex....may just breed the darn things as hard as the seeds were to get....oh so now i'll have to just break down and buy the casey jones....im just enthralled by the genetics of the plant...diesel, trainwreck, and thai...will be lanky, but ohhhh soooo good....beautiful pics...and i'll be watching those girls...hugs, and thank you...L and hubby....oh, the clones are girls right??? yep, i see the amber too...what %age are you going for? energy? or pain relief? i try to keep all kinds on stock...

Tragedy Strikes

My 1st Bubba Kush clones looked like my best ones so far. But starting yesterday they started wilting. I think 3 are dead, the fourth looks OK but so did the other three. When I saw them wilt, it looked like too much water so I cut them off and added a few drops of h2o2, but overnight they just wilted more.
IMG00209-20110103-1035.jpg

This was a batch of 8 clones, one died a few days after I got her, and one has just failed to grow. The other six looked real good until yesterday.

Wow that is outrageous! I would think you should keep working them. I know nothing about Hydro... but somebody should know.

IMG00210-20110103-1720.jpg
They continue to decline. I treated them like they had been over watered. The h2o2 would have helped the roots breathe but they aren't responding. The three other plants in there with em look fine so far. I don't see any damage on them or the exposed roots. I'm giving them till tomorrow. I think the two on the right are dead already.

i lost 3 plants from stem rot they looked the same way rw was getting to wet ...givem some super thrive & c what happens...with veg nutes...:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom