Well, everything is starting to look good ,some of the training is starting to show results and my distressed blue dream is still looking f’d up but is definitely on the mend. I dunno if she’ll ever recover ... hopefully the new growth will be nice and I can defoliate the bad.

So I got 4 of the soda can air stones set up in the reservoir, along with a small pump. Digital timer set for a 1 min run, on set days.... but man space is getting tight!!!
B30311A6-C4F7-4497-B8FF-11CB4D18BC5D.jpeg
D95A4894-DA21-40BC-9F40-1263619E7409.jpeg
FFA47618-8B5D-4A05-BA6F-A149F67AFF38.jpeg

Getting the containers in and out of the tent is now a contortionist’s act.

Tap Water is pH’d to 6.2
Silica
Superthrive
Grow nutrients

Overall ppm 380ish

That one bubba kush 2.0 is looking particularly fine after training ... hope they bush up and out a bit.

Sooooo, I’m back from outer space... and they survived... my goodness is coco light when dry.... soooo dry, sooooo Sahara ..... butttt..... they didn’t die.

The drip worked, 1 minute every few days.... but they even grew.... wow... wish I was hand feeding them all along, can’t imagine the size they’d be.... even the distressed blue dream is looking good!!!

I wonder how they would have done if I had been home to tend them... ahh well.... I am trying to train them but it’s my first grow and I am learning as I go, I hope I don’t cost myself too much time in veg learning the curve....
At least I’ll learn how to shape them a bit.

FB0AE230-B4D5-45B8-9B4B-488A93721CF5.jpeg
D2282552-C1CA-4230-9DF2-819B67A65CE9.jpeg
00BD028F-0DA4-4B5D-8B12-20BCA0FF48C8.jpeg
AFC38AB1-A1B5-4907-BDB2-140838E58D4D.jpeg
DB93D0CE-3479-48C5-A0F4-C6F59480A7F3.jpeg
32606AF7-9F82-437A-90B0-B7E679E68E3C.jpeg
52831B10-09AF-485B-83C3-8713C6FB87B1.jpeg

Awesome bro. They looking better man. Great job.
Are you going to transplant into 5 gallon? They really jumped in growth @Opar . If you decide to transplant in 5 gal, just make sure to Veg them in the same container for at least two weeks before flower, so it doesn't shock the girls.
Very nice brother Congrats

Hey @Sparkey224 ! Thanks for checking in! They are all in 5 gal containers now.... so some more height, and I’ll scrog ‘em up and see how it goes... I’m thinking maybe two levels of scrog and then flip... trying for that full canopy.... I did notice the house was stinky when I got home though... I know they get perfume-y when wanting water, but that really made me doubt my charcoal filter.... stock Vivosun.... so either tent wasn’t tight enough or that filter ain’t gonna cut it :(

You left home with a couple shrubs, you return to some small trees! Lol

I’m glad their still alive!

Yes coco is super light when it dries out. It’s not good for the coco to dry out like that, but it happens and for you, thats completely different circumstances.

They will survive!

Looking good @Opar

How was your trip?

Trip was good, @Backlipslide , thanks for asking!

Yes I’m pretty damn stoked to see how they do with some feeding and training now, but I’m super worried about the smell. I need it stealthed, or I’m going to tear it down....

I’m thinking I’ll vent outside, which I’m kinda doing, just not sealed very well, and I definitely need to check the rent and ensure negative pressure. Can anyone recommend a good charcoal filter? Seems I might need a larger one? So disappointed!!

Yes I’m pretty damn stoked to see how they do with some feeding and training now, but I’m super worried about the smell. I need it stealthed, or I’m going to tear it down....

I’m thinking I’ll vent outside, which I’m kinda doing, just not sealed very well, and I definitely need to check the rent and ensure negative pressure. Can anyone recommend a good charcoal filter? Seems I might need a larger one? So disappointed!!
[/Q

" Mountain Air" best carbon filter that I have used.
$180 dollars and it will last you 3 years

Thanks @Sparkey224 , I will source that right away. I also noticed my fan was on same timer as lights. So no inline exhaust working, and interior circulation fan was driving air out.... through my intake into basement, in which the furnace Intake is (not pulling outside air for furnace :( ). So, exhaust is still leaking into tent room, so I took exhaust fan off timer to run 24/7 and closed door and hope air intake duct up against closed door can draw sufficient air from under door.... hopefully negating ‘leak’ into basement and distribution through central air !!!! Sealing up exhaust vent tomorrow.... will reduce intake dicting size from 6” to 4” as well in a bid to increase negative pressure.

Hard to blame the carbon filter if air isn’t exhausting through it but being pushed out the intake by circulation fan... I will adjust circ fan position tomorrow when lights come on.....

What a bonehead I am!

Soooo, I just found out about VPD and realize I’ve been doing a huge disservice to my plants. It’s nice to have a measure for how temp and humidity work together.... unfortunately I’m running s large deficit, which has likely slowed my growth all along... I will definitely start using the VPD calculator and pay better attention to my humidity.... damn!

Well, a few pics for an update... noticed some fan leaves over lower bid sites, so took ‘em out... the bubba kush’s Are looking awesome, but I think a lower humidity is holding back the blue dreams a bit... love seeing the growth....

The 2 Bubba Kush 2.0’s:
AFB4A6A8-3289-4EB5-A889-61850301E1B0.jpeg
E8BDE47D-5F0F-41A4-AA31-E4480CF0277F.jpeg

The 2 Blue Dreams:
71C092BB-EAB1-4F21-9FF6-BEDC1074B3DC.jpeg
53076A25-0739-4EF0-849F-BEEFA1FA5AB4.jpeg

First time training, can’t wait to see the next few days... hoping to get some growth then scrog it all up!

I’m sure I specified 5 gal pots, they seem small? I’ll double check, first time growing anything, Ao I’m at the mercy of my local hydro store

My apologies! :Namaste:

Yeah dude, they look oddly small. I mean any hardware store or anything with a good garden section should have good cloth pots, or anything of your choosing. Now that growing cannabis is legal (up to 4 plants) here in Canada I find it funny, that random stores are carrying hydroponic supplies more and more! :thumb:

Had to move the plants today... so I let them get a little sunshine while I tore down the tent and loaded up all the materials... wow that took a surprisingly long time... but new location has lots of space, looking forward to that.

Here is some pics of the gals working their tans... suns out buns out

That yellowed blue dream does t seem to be keeping pace... might nuke her but how do you setup a 3 plant scrog in a 4x4.... carefully? Lol

0AE7B6BA-7576-40E0-A570-A71D8B029737.jpeg

931ED27B-FCAD-424B-BEAC-6CE80473649F.jpeg
05206DC0-7EB6-45BF-BFCB-B322733E6CC5.jpeg

DB1D4D34-DE50-4527-8413-70BB18B4F0E9.jpeg
201D2752-20DE-40B0-B8D7-87A14A6C8B61.jpeg

Once you start adding flower nutes, she may pull through and start looking more green. Hopefully..

My blue Cookie gave me trouble through veg for a while. I eventually flushed her with close to 3x the pot size of water. Let her dry out for a while then started to look green. Gave me trouble again in late flower.. I was missing something for her, didn’t know what it was, but she demanded more then my other.

Anyways, back to my point...
:nerd-with-glasses:
Don’t give up on her yet!! :headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom