Noobs First Grow - First In Ten Years

Okie dokie.. Had to go back and check my own journal to get my timeline straight.. :lot-o-toke: So.. I use a pretty aggressive germing technique.. I had them in the water cup for ~24 hours. When i saw a taproot i popped them right into the soil. (used a pen to push a 1/2'' deep hole) placed them in taproot down, gave them a lil spritz of water, carefully covered them with a very small amount of soil, gave them 1 more spritz. waited.. waited a lil more.. 24 hours after this I CAREFULLY dug the soil off the top of the seeds, spritzed again.. waited.. 12 hours later they had their heads just above soil. i carefully pressed some soil around the necks to stabilize them. 12 hours later I very very gently removed their helmets. This was yesterday morning. They look a lil white/yellowish at first. So from a seed bobbing around in a cup at 8:30 pm Friday til now this is where im at..:thumb:
IMG_20160316_215723626_HDR.jpg

Wow Logger! Now that is a germination technique I have never seen or heard about. Looks like it worked :thumb:

Where did you snag the cafeteria tray? HaHa

Yes he will, won't he Shiggity? I bet he could benefit from your recent search for the best and brightest of the brood. Good to see you here. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I'm running out of stash Shiggity. I won't have brownies, or anything else for that matter, until somewhere in late April, early to late May. I'm gonna learn to make them even more potent. We'll have fun then. :laughtwo:

Yes he will, won't he Shiggity? I bet he could benefit from your recent search for the best and brightest of the brood. Good to see you here. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I'm running out of stash Shiggity. I won't have brownies, or anything else for that matter, until somewhere in late April, early to late May. I'm gonna learn to make them even more potent. We'll have fun then. :laughtwo:

Uh Oh! Stash low is no good Sue.. Ill be in Salamanca this weekend for an equipment auction.. Wink Wink.. :lot-o-toke:

Sue you could eat 10 lbs of weed in brownie form a year I bet! We don't ask Sue if she has a buzz we just measure her THC content. :rofl:

I do love a good pheno hunt. this last one led me to huckleberry Kush #11 with lavender and coffee notes and killer trichs. Here is one at 34 days!
image8630.jpeg

I never have grown c99 but she is a picturesque beauty every time I have seen one! This will be fun!

Holy Hell that is a frosty bud Shiggity. That's what I'm talking about. I'm super stoked about the c99 but I have been searching for Northern Lights since I last smoked it a good 10 years ago. I haven't found that smooth, chill, couchy feeling since. I have a lot of good things about Peak's strain. I'm hoping I found what I have been looking for.

I wanted to give some background as to why I have to decided to grow again (besides loving the challenge theses plants present). I live in a state that has "legalized marijuana". Everybody was happy that the monkey was off our back so to speak. It felt, at the time, like a huge victory. I admit that I was excited and proud to be a part of, what I thought, was a revolution. It felt really neat to walk into a store and buy pot. I mean, I had seen videos of people in California going into dispensaries and buying weed and I was jealous. I had finally got to do something that I thought was a political win.
Fast forward two years: The recreational side of business in this state started yelling about how the people with medical marijuana cards and dispensaries weren't having to pay the exorbitant tax that the recreational business owner were. Side note: The business owners weren't paying those taxes, the customers were paying those taxes. The owners were paying some of the taxes but, trust me, the customer was paying a lot. I'm talking $20, $25 a gram at some stores. So, they lobbied the state to pass a law making it harder to get a medical marijuana prescription, shutting down all medical marijuana dispensaries, limiting number of plants, and limiting the amount of dried marijuana a patient could possess. The law passed. So, starting July 1 of this year, I can only have 4 plants, unless I want to register with the state, then I can have 6 plants. No thank you. I'm not putting my name on any freakin list.
There are many reasons that I use marijuana. The main two reasons are pain from playing a violent sport for many years, now catching up to me, and to basically slow down my brain. I have always thought I have ADHD. My mind runs a million miles a second and I'm thinking of ten different things at the same time while a song is looping in the background. But when I smoke pot, the pain goes away. Well, it's there, but I just don't seem to be as concerned about it. The other effect it has on me is screeching my brain to a halt. If any of you have seen the movie X-Men Days of the Future Past, there is a scene where a guy, (Quicksilver), runs around room so fast, it looked like he was in slow motion.

That's what marijuana does for my brain. It slows it down so I can focus on one thing at a time and it limits the amount of distractions I normally have.
It also helps me sleep when I get the right strain. That's the problem right there. I can drive 40 minutes to go to a recreation store (because my area of the state banned recreational dispensaries) or I can go to my guy. My guy is cool. He gets me ok bud, sometimes good. I'm paying $8 a gram for that though. Plus, I have no idea what I'm buying. There are a couple of medical dispensaries that are sticking it out until July 1 but then they will be gone.
So, a buddy of mine, who needs it for pain and sleep asked me to grow for him so I am his designated provider and I get his plant count in addition to mine. That's 10 plants on july 1 because I wont register and he is registered. But, until July 1, I can have 15 plants each. So, I'm taking advantage of that while I can to find my phenotypes and cull all the males from the seeds that I have.
I know that's a lot of reading and maybe some whining. I hope I didn't get too political as I don't want to offend anyone. I'm just hoping I can get more help if people understand that I'm not just some dude trying to grow pot. But, that I have my reasons based on many factors. End Rant

Thank you for the insight. When I showed up here I was a long-term recreational smoker, interested in growing for my husband, who we knew was dying. My initial intent was to see to it that he could stay high with the best I could grow right up to his death. It didn't work out quite that way - we neglected to take into consideration things like amputation and nursing care that can kill you, but we had a good run up to that point. It wasn't until he was close to the end that I fully understood the personal price we were paying for this rediculous prohibition. I could have healed him with this plant twenty years ago.

No, I don't go there much anymore. It was beyond my control, but the pain is still sharp when I think of it. The way it's going, regardless of how it all pans out, most of us here will still be skirting the law, growing in stealth and growing beyond our max many times to try to keep up with demand. We have a lot of attitudes to change and some serious big money players mucking up the flow.

It appalls me what people charge for cannabis. There's simply no justification for that type of pricing. You're guaranteeing the continued success of the underground street market with those prices. You're also locking out a large swatch of the population. Let us grow our own and grow for our neighbors. Just leave us be. We're a peaceful lot. You've seen what we grow. :laughtwo:

So you're looking more for Indica-dominant strains to slow your neurons down? Haha! We'd be a pair. I grow mine as Sativa-dominant as I can get. My stash would send you into space. LOL! How do you handle it during work hours? Have you found a way to keep an even level of cannabinoids in the system at all times? Are you interested in doing that, because I could probably figure out how you could make that happen without feeling euphoric all the time. Where there's a will, there's a way. I am a force of nature, you know. :laughtwo:

Well said Sue. You are an absolutely amazing person. Your ability to stay positive through heart ache is truely inspiring. Being in your presence is always spiritually uplifting. Thank you for everything you do for this community and for who you are! Long grow the Queen! :hug::kiss:

Thank you for the insight. When I showed up here I was a long-term recreational smoker, interested in growing for my husband, who we knew was dying. My initial intent was to see to it that he could stay high with the best I could grow right up to his death. It didn't work out quite that way - we neglected to take into consideration things like amputation and nursing care that can kill you, but we had a good run up to that point. It wasn't until he was close to the end that I fully understood the personal price we were paying for this rediculous prohibition. I could have healed him with this plant twenty years ago.

No, I don't go there much anymore. It was beyond my control, but the pain is still sharp when I think of it. The way it's going, regardless of how it all pans out, most of us here will still be skirting the law, growing in stealth and growing beyond our max many times to try to keep up with demand. We have a lot of attitudes to change and some serious big money players mucking up the flow.

It appalls me what people charge for cannabis. There's simply no justification for that type of pricing. You're guaranteeing the continued success of the underground street market with those prices. You're also locking out a large swatch of the population. Let us grow our own and grow for our neighbors. Just leave us be. We're a peaceful lot. You've seen what we grow. :laughtwo:

You are right on Sue. It's saddens me the way the Big Pharma ruins peoples lives.

You see, when I was in college, I got a pretty bad injury to my right ankle. I basically ripped all of the ligaments out of the lateral side of my ankle. I had surgery and my season was over. They gave me Vicodin 500 mg for the pain. I was doing ok but it hurt a lot due to the fact that I still had to finish the semester out and I was moving around more than I needed to. I was worried about my football career (which seems so silly now). Were they going to take my scholarship away if I'm not healed by the end of spring? Was this injury going to effect my professional prospects (again, seems silly now)? I started getting depressed. which, I'm sure the Vicodin didn't help with along with whatever alcohol I was drinking. I began taking extra pills, which I then asked the team doctor for Vicodin 1000 mg because the 500s weren't working anymore. This snowballed into a 10-20 pill addiction. It was a tough journey weaning myself off those pills. I'm just thankful my coaches saw what was going on and intervened.

So you're looking more for Indica-dominant strains to slow your neurons down? Haha! We'd be a pair. I grow mine as Sativa-dominant as I can get. My stash would send you into space. LOL! How do you handle it during work hours? Have you found a way to keep an even level of cannabinoids in the system at all times? Are you interested in doing that, because I could probably figure out how you could make that happen without feeling euphoric all the time. Where there's a will, there's a way. I am a force of nature, you know. :laughtwo:

So sweet... Actually, the sativa heavy hybrids tend to work the best. I wish I had more information on how I can medicate myself more effectively. The indica strains are helpful with the ADHD but my motivation is lacking. So, I have been trying to smoke sativa heavy strains during the day (I work from home so it's cool), if I have some.

You are right on Sue. It's saddens me the way the Big Pharma ruins peoples lives.

You see, when I was in college, I got a pretty bad injury to my right ankle. I basically ripped all of the ligaments out of the lateral side of my ankle. I had surgery and my season was over. They gave me Vicodin 500 mg for the pain. I was doing ok but it hurt a lot due to the fact that I still had to finish the semester out and I was moving around more than I needed to. I was worried about my football career (which seems so silly now). Were they going to take my scholarship away if I'm not healed by the end of spring? Was this injury going to effect my professional prospects (again, seems silly now)? I started getting depressed. which, I'm sure the Vicodin didn't help with along with whatever alcohol I was drinking. I began taking extra pills, which I then asked the team doctor for Vicodin 1000 mg because the 500s weren't working anymore. This snowballed into a 10-20 pill addiction. It was a tough journey weaning myself off those pills. I'm just thankful my coaches saw what was going on and intervened.

Damn! :hug:

So sweet... Actually, the sativa heavy hybrids tend to work the best. I wish I had more information on how I can medicate myself more effectively. The indica strains are helpful with the ADHD but my motivation is lacking. So, I have been trying to smoke sativa heavy strains during the day (I work from home so it's cool), if I have some.

Have you tried mixing to get a ratio? I don't know where that thought came from. They do that with oil to counter euphoria by blending THC/CBD ratios. I don't believe I've heard of someone doing it with bud, but there's a tremendous synergy that occurs when you blend different plants together. It's the terpenes and flavonoids that are really running the show. That's a new concept for most of us, but instinctively I sense that might be a useful option for you. At the very least it piqued my interest and I believe I'll study that more closely as I lead up to harvest.

This is my retirement plan, so I work from home too. I've always been an entrepreneur so working from home was a regular occurance, one I prefer to all other arrangements. I detest commuting. Working from home means euphoria is something I plan on. :laughtwo: My daughter once turned to me and said "You're always high" to which I laughed and replied "Of course." :rofl: She's much more tolerant than that sounded. LOL! She's still trying to get used to it all.

I'm hoping I wont ever have to take pain pills again

I can see a definite possibility for that. In fact, I'd plan on it, if I were you.

Dale used to describe it as he knew the pain was there (so much pain) he just didn't care about it. The cannabis made it possible for him to step beyond the pain and be himself, to play again and work on his hobbies, enjoy conversation, help with the dishes. All those things pain takes from you this plant gives back.

I can see a definite possibility for that. In fact, I'd plan on it, if I were you.

Dale used to describe it as he knew the pain was there (so much pain) he just didn't care about it. The cannabis made it possible for him to step beyond the pain and be himself, to play again and work on his hobbies, enjoy conversation, help with the dishes. All those things pain takes from you this plant gives back.

This is exactly how Cannabis helps me with pain. I know it's there. I can still, kind of, feel it. But I don't focus on the pain the way I do when I'm not medicated. I usually wait until noon, for some reason, to start medicating.

Have you tried mixing to get a ratio? I don't know where that thought came from. They do that with oil to counter euphoria by blending THC/CBD ratios. I don't believe I've heard of someone doing it with bud, but there's a tremendous synergy that occurs when you blend different plants together. It's the terpenes and flavonoids that are really running the show. That's a new concept for most of us, but instinctively I sense that might be a useful option for you. At the very least it piqued my interest and I believe I'll study that more closely as I lead up to harvest.

This is my retirement plan, so I work from home too. I've always been an entrepreneur so working from home was a regular occurance, one I prefer to all other arrangements. I detest commuting. Working from home means euphoria is something I plan on. :laughtwo: My daughter once turned to me and said "You're always high" to which I laughed and replied "Of course." :rofl: She's much more tolerant than that sounded. LOL! She's still trying to get used to it all.

I haven't ever thought about combining strains to better medicate. I used to have the mentality that pot was pot was pot. lol I didn't care what it was called or what color it was, etc. It has only been in the last few years that I have started noticing the different ways pot was effecting based on the strain I was smoking. That is due to the "legalization" effort here. So, now, I know what I'm smoking and I have started to figure out what helps me more.

Back
Top Bottom