Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #3 5x5 - Dissertation Grow

The Terp King - post a few drinks! But yeah its not an advert, its not guerilla marketing, just he was really happy. The guy out smoked Kingston's hardest smoker, lost on 50 something joints, (rules you roll and smoke your until someone taps out) he lost Year #1 and went back the next year and won with 78. Some dingy kitchen in a social housing apartment. No big prize type stuff. He is a student of cannabis, note how pissed he is he miscalculated the weed required, he points and circles his mix bowl repeatedly, that's The Terp King really nervous!

Swedish legend, really knows his stuff.

Again to the powers that be! It's not advertising, its how to roll a joint by the best - casually it seems! See the sparkle as he shows the nugs on one of the busiest tourist strips here? No filters required. They sparkle in the sunlight. I didn't ask him to say 40-45 or anything. He offered to do this. He paid money for that weed. We're honest peeps - though yeah wow after he smoked that, I had three drags and still flying about 4 hours later.

Nick

The Terp King - post a few drinks! But yeah its not an advert, its not guerilla marketing, just he was really happy. The guy out smoked Kingston's hardest smoker, lost on 50 something joints, (rules you roll and smoke your until someone taps out) he lost Year #1 and went back the next year and won with 78. Some dingy kitchen in a social housing apartment. No big prize type stuff. He is a student of cannabis, note how pissed he is he miscalculated the weed required, he points and circles his mix bowl repeatedly, that's The Terp King really nervous!

Again to the powers that be! It's not advertising, its how to roll a joint by the best - casually it seems! See the sparkle as he shows the nugs on one of the busiest tourist strips here? No filters required. They sparkle in the sunlight. I didn't ask him to say 40-45 or anything. He offered to do this. He paid money for that weed. We're honest peeps - though yeah wow after he smoked that, I had three drags and still flying about 4 hours later.

Nick
I'd be the same Nick that would tuck me in at any hour 🤣 a bob needed for drool 🤤. I have a friend who rolls like this but 4x small papers.. I roll my own when I visit 🤣

Waaay too much weed for me! I mean I had small drags. It was a spur of the moment thing, he was rolling anyway and suggested it. Oh he said small nugs on the RHC because that was all he had left, he got to pick his own yesterday and got shy on picking at the end. His chat at the end about how it burned down, cigar like, and his thoughts on the difference the kief made after I stopped filming were really interesting. Another time.

Nick
Big spliff 🤣 could have swore that rolly paper was upside down 🤔😁 how'd he get that to stick

Big spliff 🤣 could have swore that rolly paper was upside down 🤔😁 how'd he get that to stick
that’s interesting! I don’t think he’s too bothered about his face being on camera but I didn’t so when he was licking the paper I couldn’t show it plus I’m not so keen on men’s tongues 😅

But I remember as a kid in my late teens some people would “inside out” roll Not sure if he did, he’s run out of weed (no shit!) so is coming over the house in a bit so I can ask. I’m thinking podcast - well that sounds fancy - audio recording. His boss, The Farmer and The Terp King hosted by NickHardy. There’s 60 years of cannabis growing experience between them.

IMG_9879.jpeg
IMG_9880.jpeg

Day #70
Day #18 Flower

5 weeks I guess.

Skip 2:10 - 2:40 for motion

Day #73
Day #21

End of week #3 of flower. These are all in an 8-10 week flower range. Even I add in the 12 days "transition" that I'm meant to have forgotten about,

Stage #1 Pop’em 27th October
Stage #2 Peat to sprout 29th October
Stage #3 Seedling Swicks 2nd November
Stage #4 Veg Pots 14th November
Stage #5 Top 2nd December
Stage #6 Defoliation #1 5th December
Stage #7 Flip 6th December
Stage #8 Call Flower 18th December

Stage #9 Defoliation #2 26th December
Stage #10 Flush #3 of Weekly 31st January

By my reckoning, that's, still, well quite a long time to go! Thinking of a part harvest for sure. I just really have no idea where I'm gonna dry. The house is full, I wonder which is cheaper a new tent and dehuey or a second hand vertical freezer with shelves... A guy offering to take 100g a day of us today. Like the other guy when the weed is handed over and the cash in the bank maybe then we'll see.

Nick

Stage #11 The Chunkening 8th January

IMG_9952.jpeg

Photos don’t do it justice. Baseball bat sized colas there. The more Sativa strains, Runtz x Layer Cake and Tropicanna Banana just getting started too. Not its about giving time to let them start building those buds ever downwards.

Go girls! Go on! Giddy up!!

Skip 2:10 - 2:40 for motion

Day #73
Day #21

End of week #3 of flower. These are all in an 8-10 week flower range. Even I add in the 12 days "transition" that I'm meant to have forgotten about,

By my reckoning, that's, still, well quite a long time to go! Thinking of a part harvest for sure. I just really have no idea where I'm gonna dry. The house is full, I wonder which is cheaper a new tent and dehuey or a second hand vertical freezer with shelves... A guy offering to take 100g a day of us today. Like the other guy when the weed is handed over and the cash in the bank maybe then we'll see.

Nick
At the 2min 30 mark are those plants on Co2 ? A few leaves are very close to canoeing from the light 🤔

Gas was out yesterday so nice spot! Normally we’d swap the big room cylinder for this (or vice versa depending on where they’re at) but both went at 4pm Saturday and & Co was out with the truck. Back on this morning and all looking good.

EDIT - Obviously its me so I'm not backing off the lights! I did run the AC at 20C until the gas came back. Normally run it at 24C and hope its 28-30C in there. I haven't looked at a sensor more than maybe half a dozen times the last week?

Nothing even connected in the 4x4 or 8x4, just a very unreliable Mars Thermostatic thing in the flower room and used the Pulse a few times when out the house for a while - more to check for an equipment failure than anything. Believe me or not but it really has been Skin&Eyes™ this last week!

Plant spam inbound:

IMG_9975.jpeg
IMG_9976.jpeg
61DD2553-FC59-4806-9988-CFF13D3E9726.jpeg
IMG_9978.jpeg
IMG_9979.jpeg
IMG_9980.jpeg

Plenty of time left to fill out 18-24” long colas. You lnow those rolling shelves they use in libraries and some grow rooms, document stores. Its a bit like that in there at the moment. I flick theough the colas by plant and then move on to the next row of plants, then just stand them up as straight as I can. They’re all over 5ft out of the dirt now so top heavy. Its the mono silic acid that was a game changer a few grows. Its dynamite for stem strength. If you’re keen on training then you’ll need to as much as you can before using it. The trucks are like tree strength. Probably my favourite additive because the impacts are so noticeable with out getting into well this strain reacts and subjective comparisons between whatever. It just works and enables greater yields to be supported.

Of course the irony is - it was Jon that suggested it to me. Even down to the brand 😂 Its about $70 for 100ml here. $50 in the US. Dr Brain something. We’re nearly out and not buying it again. For the same money I got 1L of Dutch Pro’s version. Mono Silic Von Liebigs - its got a sepia picture of like a Sigmund Freud era guy looking very serious.

IMG_9981.jpeg

So between that picture, I order direct from DP here anyway and its effectively 13% of the price (you use 0.4ml/l rather than 0.3ml/litre with Grow Genius from the US we’re changing. It’d better be as good or Von Liebig gets it.

We’re still going to have to tie them up. Hopefully we can get the weekend. There’s some ridiculous weight in there already. Just about keeping them healthy and steady hand the tiller. I bumped the Explode a little to max and then confusion and I bumped it a lot. Its fine they’re drinking teice a day now (we’re doing 100L a day now. Its a PITA mixing every other day) and we cruise on merrily to harvest in 5 weeks or something crazy.

Good times I guess!

Nick

Day #77
Day #25 Flower

I think history will prove me correct on calling The Chunkening when I did.

Cola/Bud Spam Inbound

IMG_0007.jpeg
IMG_0008.jpeg
IMG_0009.jpeg
IMG_0010.jpeg
IMG_0022.jpeg
IMG_0012.jpeg
IMG_0013.jpeg

Excuse the photos they’re quite hard to take because the light is bright AF. Plus UV blazing down. Dunno conditions perfect as perfect can be.

They need support. All the mono silic in the world ain’t gonna help you with fatty colas like that. There’s plenty packed out to 18” already. My 78’ thing was out obviously. But there’s probably 20ft?

Still long way to go, many a twist twixt eggs and chickens.

Nick

IMG_0015.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom