20220818_125328.jpg

20220818_125316.jpg
Incredible :drool:
Make sure the bugs don't get at them.
The eggs can stick to your fingers.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Just curious, that light hanging there!
It's just so you can take a clear picture right?

Stay safe
Umm yes it's a fishtank led šŸ˜³ šŸ˜† having to keep separate and trying to keep in veg and don't want added cost of a hps but ino what ire going to say I should give it šŸ˜‰ and I wanted to take ts1000 out but felt wasn't enough light for the flowering

Umm yes it's a fishtank led šŸ˜³ šŸ˜† having to keep separate and trying to keep in veg and don't want added cost of a hps but ino what ire going to say I should give it šŸ˜‰ and I wanted to take ts1000 out but felt wasn't enough light for the flowering
I saw it hanging on that rope and was a little concerned is all.
After my fire I notice more things others do in there room.
Just want you to be safe. :Namaste:

Stay safe

I saw it hanging on that rope and was a little concerned is all.
After my fire I notice more things others do in there room.
Just want you to be safe. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Sorry will sort emits not heat tho x

Will it kill quick ?? As both seem bothered by them
Neem will kill them on contact but then the eggs hatch and they're all over the plants again. It takes spraying 3x/week for about 3 weeks to break the life cycle of most cannabis pests. And the undersides of the leaves and stems are what matters.

Pure neem oil is usually mixed at 2Tbs/gallon and it's shake shake spray every time. Oil and water y'know!

Neem will kill them on contact but then the eggs hatch and they're all over the plants again. It takes spraying 3x/week for about 3 weeks to break the life cycle of most cannabis pests. And the undersides of the leaves and stems are what matters.

Pure neem oil is usually mixed at 2Tbs/gallon and it's shake shake spray every time. Oil and water y'know!
Thanks guys plants looking beautiful šŸ˜ her colour is Coming hehe not long now and look a good yield

received_461303532526351.jpeg

received_420625943242683.jpeg

received_518706176723420.jpeg

received_1266633390742544.jpeg

20220822_095925.jpg

20220822_095921.jpg

20220822_095632.jpg

20220822_095521.jpg

20220822_095355.jpg

20220822_095352.jpg

For plants in veg... I use a neem spray made of 2 tbsp neem oil, 1 tbsp peppermint Bronner's soap, in 1 gal of water, in the pump sprayer. Shake very well... the soap will emulsify the neem. I sometimes also add 12 drops of pure food-grade limonene (orange oil) to this mix... limonene is a potent kill-on-contact insecticide.

For plants in veg... I use a neem spray made of 2 tbsp neem oil, 1 tbsp peppermint Bronner's soap, in 1 gal of water, in the pump sprayer. Shake very well... the soap will emulsify the neem. I sometimes also add 12 drops of pure food-grade limonene (orange oil) to this mix... limonene is a potent kill-on-contact insecticide.
And for flower?

For flower I use Safers Insect Killing Soap spray. Not sure what the brand name is over there but the active ingredient is potassium salts of fatty acid.

Spray it on, wait until it dries, rinse it off.
In that case, limonene (pure orange oil) with a little Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap would work... the limonene does the killing and the soap is just to emulsify the limonene. So, 12 drops limonene in 1 gal water, and just a very small amount of Bronner's, like 1/8 tsp or less. Limonene is a solvent and could affect the trichomes, but in that concentration, I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt.

Even the 2:9 dilution of 70% iso (14% net ) had a negative effect on trichomes.
70% isopropyl alcohol? I'm talking about limonene... a terpene. 12 drops of it in 1 gal of water... something like 1:6300. it's a potent insecticide.

70% isopropyl alcohol? I'm talking about limonene... a terpene. 12 drops of it in 1 gal of water... something like 1:6300. it's a potent insecticide.
I'm talking about things that damage trichomes. You mentioned...
Limonene is a solvent and could affect the trichomes
...but you haven't tested its safety at your recommended dilution. I was thinking that it would be better to test your mix on actual trichomes (like I did in my thread with 14% iso).

Sure, it would be good to test it, even at my concentration of 0.016%. I'd wager there is no visible effect on trichomes.

As I said, I haven't needed to spray for bugs during flower, BUT... anyone out there who wants to try limonene, you could spray a single bud and come back the next day... compare trichomes to before and after the limonene, with your microscope.

Essential oils are not going to harm the trichomes. Trichomes already contain up to 75% essential oil. For example, If bugs are munching on a lemon cookie plant, adding lemon oil may not effect them at all. If the pest is tolerant to the natural existing terpene cocktail in the plant then try a different oil. Have had good results with rosemary oil. Personally think that is because it is not naturally found in trichomes. The pest being there shows it has some tolerances for all of the naturally forming terps in that plant.

Essential oils are not going to harm the trichomes. Trichomes already contain up to 75% essential oil. For example, If bugs are munching on a lemon cookie plant, adding lemon oil may not effect them at all. If the pest is tolerant to the natural existing terpene cocktail in the plant then try a different oil. Have had good results with rosemary oil. Personally think that is because it is not naturally found in trichomes. The pest being there shows it has some tolerances for all of the naturally forming terps in that plant.
I think at high enough concentration, limonene would dissolve trichomes, just like a vegetable oil would. This is how lipid extraction is accomplished, for example with coconut oil.

A bug hanging out around some trichomes that are emitting a weak off-gas of terpenes is quite different from a bug getting doused with a solution containing terpene and soap. Again, limonene is a potent insecticide. I'm sure other essential oils are as well.

I think at high enough concentration, limonene would dissolve trichomes, just like a vegetable oil would. This is how lipid extraction is accomplished, for example with coconut oil.

A bug hanging out around some trichomes that are emitting a weak off-gas of terpenes is quite different from a bug getting doused with a solution containing terpene and soap. Again, limonene is a potent insecticide. I'm sure other essential oils are as well.

there's a couple heavy limonene terp strains. most are cbd base. you can grow them alongside the other strains for all cannabis protection. cbdream was my mom's fave for the lemon terp aroma.

Back
Top Bottom