New Flowerbox Test 1: Starting From Clones 4 x SD & 4 x GDP

BigIrishDoode, Xlr8, Thanks for the rep!

Okay, after reading up on cloning from various sources, I gave up on the two that were started as an afterthought they're compost. I waited too long and it will only give me heartache if I keep trying to save them.

There is a bright side to all this. I did some rearranging, added another HO T5 to the array, and went by my not-so-local collective. I say not so local because I do not live in Sacramento proper and have to drive 12 miles to get to my new collective. I'm upset at this, because there were 44 in Sacramento county that were shut down. I had a choice of 4 within 10 blocks of me. Sacramento County is constantly barraged with people that think collectives sell to kids or anyone that walks in and got all 44 shut down with the exception of 5 in Sacramento proper, and those are under the watchful eye of the authorities.

Anyway, sorry about that... I went by my collective today and found my ultimate happy moment for the week:
Greek Kr@ck clones $10
*Hereafter referred to as GK for the forum rules bit, and to keep me from actually spelling it out and getting banned.

I got one for flower and one to keep in my mommy bin.

They had VERY nice root systems, so I have no reservations about putting them into the starter nutes I'm currently running in this flower test. 5ml each of Grow, Micro, Bloom per Gallon for the next week or so to get the clones ready for next step up in nutes. This is a happy surprise after the hit to my confidence I took today, damn near shook me to the core. Meh, it is my first hydro bloom ever, so I knew it would be a rocky one, but those were purples!

So, I get these babies home, and start to free the root ball, and was happy to fine that they were started in Gro-Dan Starter Cubes! YAY! So I wash the dirt off in a SUPERThrive bath to keep from shock.
011812153030.jpg

They have a VERY nice root system established already. Vegged about 5 weeks from the looks!
011812152542.jpg
011812152542.jpg

Here she will live out the rest of her short life. For the next 8-9 weeks, she will enjoy bright light, tasty water and nutrients, and cool breezes. What more could a plant ask for. Not to be chopped? She would die after the flower anyway. This is just an early end to keep her from suffering. Besides, when her life ends, she will not be forgotten, I will smoke in her honor, and her sister will give many daughters after her. All in the pursuit of controlling migraines.
011812153439.jpg

These are, for the simple fact that the help WAY more than pharmaceuticals ever did, are held in equal regard to my purples for the insomnia.

Can you imagine not sleeping for 7 days with a sledgehammer pounding inside your head the whole time? Just lying there, awake, and in pain, nauseated so bad if you roll over you.... well I'll not go there. The Mother gave us the medicine, it should be legal to have/grow/consume it in this country.

<Gump>That's all I've got to say about that.

i am green with envy! shoot i live about that far from any form of civilization!! much less a disp or collective, i do it all by mail , i wish you could have emailed em to me! lol i'd consider giving my left nut for a kens cut!! lol j/k i would not mind giving them the time they need to root, but thats me, of course in your position with a mother i might have done what you did too, i get migraines too not fun by any measure, do you get the warning light/aura ? i get that about 30 min before the nuke hits its a very horrible half hour full of foreboding impending doom feelings, and scrambling for pills/herbs/a dark place to lay down etc. fortunately since i started using cannabis i dont get them very often,unless i run out, i have had a bunch the past 6 weeks, i defo feel your pain! the new upgrades are great:thumb::high-five:, i started working on a new veg area today 2x2x4,washed out some old coco, painted some new hempy 2 liters getting ready for my new upcoming mini clone army/breeding project, so i will have 4 possible areas to grow now, :love: the cardboard box will prolly be for breeding or give it to spiffy she needs it more than i. yes i agree with about the legality of this herb, should have never been illegal but i believe it will be legal again and i dont think its that far off:high-five::adore::thumb:

ROTFLMMFAO!! DOODE I SPIT COFFEE ALL OVER MY LAPTOP!! i saw that my eyebrow wnt up and i was like huh? did i miss something then i saw your comment!!:rofl: just hit me funny

Well, I'm glad that I wasn't the only one thinking it was a run by thanking! No offense NCDude, it just seemed a li'l weird to post something so generic out of the blue like that. I didn't realize you were re-upping subs.

Oh, and-uh . . . .sorry about the laptop.

Can you imagine not sleeping for 7 days with a sledgehammer pounding inside your head the whole time? Just lying there, awake, and in pain, nauseated so bad if you roll over you.... well I'll not go there. The Mother gave us the medicine, it should be legal to have/grow/consume it in this country.

No, I really can't, that sounds awful. :smokin::smokin:

Sure glad your meds work. :thumb:I have permanent pain in the butt, but it's nothing like that. My meds are all need for that. Hope your meds keep helping you.:Namaste:

Great Journal by the way! :bravo:

Wow, so I realized that with all the excitement with the new clones I completely forgot about my soil test on the other side!

Under the AeroGrow light there is a new addition. LST went awry one day with my Thing 2 (unknown sativa) mom I tried to bend a branch too far and I snapped it. I immediately dropped the snapped off piece in my glass of water I was drinking (anything to save a plant's life) and collected my cloning gear. To my immense surprise, she rooted, so I decided to name her SETI: Strength Exceeded Tolerated Intensity and to add her to my soil testing. She now sits side-by-side with a clone from my SourD mom I call Sourpuss, so this will be Puss-in-Soil basking in 11.5 hours of light and weak nutes for the moment. As such, I have decided to forgo the Diminishing Light Schedule since I now have 3 different bloom times in this box.

012012081008.jpg
012012081014.jpg

Okay, yes, the SourD has the claw, but we're working past that, now.
012012081023.jpg
012012081034.jpg

GROUP SHOT!! SAY CHEESE! no wait, there's no cheese there... say SATIVA!!
012012081047.jpg

thats awesome ! i love how versatile these plants are such a strong will to live like humans, unlike my african violets i grow those are picky as hell the ph cant move past 5.9 or they freak out thow a Hissy fit and threaten suicide, nutes have to be perfect pots not to big, no water on my leaves or i'll get a burn and on and on it goes with them but i love em and im good at it i can even get them to flower year round and spawn offspring! not easy with violets! cannabis is like yo thow my broke branch in a cup of water i'll live i dont care much about ph and i love nutes any nutes lol so awesome!! sour d looks a bit like my trailor trash but i think similarity ends there!
and oh yeah "ALL HAIL THE PURPLE!!":peace::adore::thumb:

Thing1,thing2,seti,broke one made a new clone.....somebody make me a cheat to keep up with whats goin on here please :) :thumb:

Thing1 and Thing2 were part of what used to be known as "The Wonder Twins." Named so because they were bag seed and I wondered what they were. Thing1 was an unknown indica, Thing2 was an unknown sativa. It turned out that Thing1 was a male and was culled. Thing2 is the female of the twins and thus lives on today and currently undergoing many-many LST sessions. On 1.9.12, in one of those sessions, she broke as I tried to bend one large branch too far. I cleaned up the broken end with a nice sharp cut and placed it in a rockwool starter cube with some cloning gel. I then covered it with a humidome and left her completely alone. Water mist and extra ventilation 1/day, that's it. I didn't want to stress her any more than I had. Well, today 1.20.12, she pushed roots out the bottom of the cube, so I potted her up.

She is now named for this series of events. As my strength exceeded her tolerated intensity during LST, I decided to name her SETI. For the rest, Check "RECAP" above... there... now you have your cheat sheet. It's all quite simple although it doesn't seem so.

:thumb::high-five:

thats awesome ! i love how versatile these plants are such a strong will to live like humans, unlike my african violets i grow those are picky as hell the ph cant move past 5.9 or they freak out thow a Hissy fit and threaten suicide, nutes have to be perfect pots not to big, no water on my leaves or i'll get a burn and on and on it goes with them but i love em and im good at it i can even get them to flower year round and spawn offspring! not easy with violets! cannabis is like yo thow my broke branch in a cup of water i'll live i dont care much about ph and i love nutes any nutes lol so awesome!! sour d looks a bit like my trailor trash but i think similarity ends there!
and oh yeah "ALL HAIL THE PURPLE!!":peace::adore::thumb:

ugh, I had violets and orchids a while back. Both were very temperamental and I never got my vi's to bud off. When I moved to Cali, they stayed with a botanist friend of mine. I didn't want to risk that big of a move with them. He was very grateful to have my blue violets, and an assortment of Dendrobium, Phalaenopsis, and one Royal Blue Epiblema grandiflorum.

Heheh, even then I enjoyed purple flowers!!

PICTURE DAY!

All is well in the first complete week of testing. I was surprised to see pistils on SETI this morning. SourD has yet to show out, but all the others are now starting to flower and put out pistils. This is very exciting indeed, considering, I thought that the SourD would have had a headstart on all the others. Now, it seems, that the SourD is behind!

Group Shot:
012312083022.jpg

SourD:
012312083212.jpg

GDP:
012312083256.jpg

Thing2 Hydro:
012312083312.jpg

<<GK>>:
012312083344.jpg

SETI:
012312083441.jpg