New City Grower 3.5 - Our Perpetual Grow - Continued

B A R, what caused the white spots on the Afghani Kush? And yes, pretty weird plants. Let's just call them quirky, so they don't get a complex. :rofl:

That Afghan looks a bit like reveged.
I don't think reducing time can affect this I had some similar going on and it was a timer failure .
I set on / of for the hole week with one prog but one day was getting 1 hr. extra.
Light leak ?

Last grow was in a tent with 5 strains and I reduced time to 11/13 after week 4 with no issue.

After this I only use mechanical timers for my lights they can fail but don't do weird stuff.

B A R, what caused the white spots on the Afghani Kush? And yes, pretty weird plants. :rofl:
I hadn't even noticed them Sue. I'll have to investigate when I get home this evening.

That Lucky 7 Liberty is just nuts, I love it! :circle-of-love:
Indeed Carestaker.

Guys this fella needs some help and I don't know how to help him....
There's really not much I can offer him other than support Fifi but anyone with hydro experience should head over there.

That Afghan looks a bit like reveged.
It's from seed Darkgrow. Before flipping from 12/12 to 11/13 the leafs were normal, praying to the Spider 9, and the pistils were nice & thick.
I don't think reducing time can affect this I had some similar going on and it was a timer failure .
It's not happening to everything that was on the 3 tent rotation but three times with three different strains is more than a coincidence. All plants that were flipped directly to 11/13 under the Advanced LED lamp after veg did or is doing fine. So as far as I'm concerned the verdicts in;

The 3 tent rotation's GUILTY on all charges.

I hadn't even noticed them Sue. I'll have to investigate when I get home this evening.

I was going to ask the same thing. It must be more obvious in the photo. I hate to say what it looks like. I don't want to jinx her.

B A R,

Years ago, I would add an hour in late flowering.(13/11). I had nothing to compare the results with though nothing bad happend. The idea was that adding a daylight hour near the end would not trigger revege yet extend the flowering time. With three tents you could try some other light cycles and keep a plant under 12/12 to compare.

With my setup I move a plant into flower about every three weeks when things are going well and I try to keep three in flower. So, the times have to stay the same.

I have to change my room around some and finish some things that were put off when spring comes. I have been doing more thinking and planning than the new MOTY. [;>} I burned out one of the balest in a large T5ho and decided to order a 1200w COB last week. The T5 should be fixable. The COB should work well for both vege and flower and I have a 4X4 area that could be turned back into a flower room or a place to keep autos.

I don't post much here though I keep up with the thread. It reads well. Lots to learn.

For the record, I don't think 11/13 is causing your problem. Is there a temperature difference between tents?

Best,
canyon

For the record, I don't think 11/13 is causing your problem.

Agreed. No idea what happened, but reducing the "day" by another hour isn't it, IMO.

I don't post much here though I keep up with the thread. It reads well. Lots to learn.
Thanxx Canyon.

For the record, I don't think 11/13 is causing your problem. Is there a temperature difference between tents?

Best,
canyon
Yes, by about 5-10 degrees F at any given time.

Agreed. No idea what happened, but reducing the "day" by another hour isn't it, IMO.
As I said guys, this isn't with all plants that are on the 3 tent rotation so what I'm thinking is that for those 3 strains it was too much shock. I could be wrong about that but we pretty much have this thing down pat with PJ's OSM; no pest, water is always ph adjusted to 6.5, no over or under watering, and humidity & temps stay in range.

Go figure...

Odd one one the light change plants your on about! I've tested the boundaries of light changes I'd say over the years. It isn't this that has caused your plants to behave like that. I'm totally unsure on why they're like that but honestly I chucked all timeframe set in ways rubbish out the door!
I've tried all sorts or ranges in flower and veg and happily jumped back and forth changing a plants light cycle say 30 times in just the flower stages.
All the set preconceived ideas are wrong in my opinion :)

For photoperiod plants you can run anything you like and chop and change in veg and your plant will be fine! In flower yes things can be more tricky, yet to me its remembering to work in harmony! For instance, I wouldn't mess with timings during the first cpl of weeks of flowering. The plant is in transition and therefore more prone to issues at this point. Once your well into flower you can once again mess all you want. Like me and my wave system or the norm extended hrs light for peek flower. I've jumped happily by as much as 10 hrs and had zero issues! Its like most things if your plant is healthy you have more freedom to push, sick plants or ones just struggling a little will clearly hold more risk of being effected.

Was any training done or anything of a major sort whilst the plants were in a transitional period?

Odd one one the light change plants your on about! I've tested the boundaries of light changes I'd say over the years. It isn't this that has caused your plants to behave like that. I'm totally unsure on why they're like that but honestly I chucked all timeframe set in ways rubbish out the door!
I've tried all sorts or ranges in flower and veg and happily jumped back and forth changing a plants light cycle say 30 times in just the flower stages.
All the set preconceived ideas are wrong in my opinion

For photoperiod plants you can run anything you like and chop and change in veg and your plant will be fine! In flower yes things can be more tricky, yet to me its remembering to work in harmony! For instance, I wouldn't mess with timings during the first cpl of weeks of flowering.
Some good points you brought up Professor Flux, especially the one I highlighted. We've been flipping from 12/12 to 11/13 as soon as pistils look decent. I'll have to check the flip dates on those two this evening; maybe it was too early during the transitional phase.

Was any training done or anything of a major sort whilst the plants were in a transitional period?
I don't do any training once plants leave veg anymore.

I Love it!!! With this community we can get to the bottom of anything.

If you were to shorten the light cycle when the plant is starting to stretch, I would think most leaf and stem growth would stop in favor of bud production.

I have taken really healthy two foot plants to a friend in the springtime that had been under 18/6 and he planted them without them even wilting. They never grew any taller and looked a lot like yours when they finished early. My thoughts were bright sun and cool nights triggered flowering over growth. Moving them outside later with warmer nights and longer days could have changed things.

Another thought; Your plants look like they still have a lot of nitrogen left in the leaves, more than normal.

I never know
canyon

If you were to shorten the light cycle when the plant is starting to stretch, I would think most leaf and stem growth would stop in favor of bud production.
I think that explains the KANDI KUSH situation Canyon. She's still shooting out pistils and producing trichomes.
Spent 13 days under 12/12 before flipping

Now as far as the AFGHANI KUSH she's just stuck on stupid; not doing anything but getting older.
Spent 8 days under 12/12 before flipping

Another thought; Your plants look like they still have a lot of nitrogen left in the leaves, more than normal.

I never know
canyon
Nitrogen overdose, unlikely. We're not feeding during this run. Everything's in PJ's Organic Soil Mix which is a natural slow release soil.

Got you Fifi. What I mean is it's natural (no chemicals, organic) which in turn means that nitrogen and other elements are released slowly. Not as fast as most nutrients we add to our watering.

Calm your nerves... :laughtwo:

just wanteed to stop by and say HI:goof:

Drive bye. Seen them white spots and hopefully it isn't err a bad word. Well two. Do you run a dehumidifier? Don't know it you've dealt with PM. There I said it. But alot of long term grows catch a dose easily. Hopefully it's my old weak eyes. Stuff looks like a spray of fiberglass over everything. Including the buddage. Very contiguous. Keepem Green my Friend...........

just wanteed to stop by and say HI:goof:
High Bear.

Good day Woody. I forgot to check her. This is the second time you've mentioned that here lately so you're most likely right. Lights on in that tent in a little under 2hrs. I don't use a dehumidifier, RH runs between 25 & 50% but the Big Tent stays closed during the day as well as during lights out. With the AC in this room running 24/7 set at 72F along with the intake & outtake fans, the coolness of the Advanced LED lamp leaves that tent around 79 - 82F during lights on and closed.

Any home remedies for mold?

I have seen this kind of behavior before in a mazar sharif I was growing. It's like the plant freaked out a bit and just decided to put out that weird pheno of small leafs and bud chunks. At the time I was strict 12/12. None of the other plants did it and I haven't seen that pheno in a long time.

For PM you can spray with 1/2 tsp baking soda per quart. Be really careful because it can spread really fast to other plants! Some recommend taking any fans with pm and putting a plastic bag around it and pinching it off. This way the spores don't go into the air.

Back
Top Bottom